• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ibrahim Tall

He has some heart like. Just not a top notch fighter

Harsh, he's a three weight world champion. Sure he's got some flaws and weaknesses but I don't think you can say he isn't/wasn't a top level fighter or he wouldn't have achieved the success he has.

He has some heart like. Just not a top notch fighter

3 weight world champion...

Indongo has battered him though. Rb will be lucky to have two rounds so far.

chester copperpot

Harsh, he's a three weight world champion. Sure he's got some flaws and weaknesses but I don't think you can say he isn't/wasn't a top level fighter or he wouldn't have achieved the success he has.

Ach I know. Just wanted him to do better than he has.

One of the most one sided 12 round fights I've ever seen.

Aye.

Wasn't good viewing. Still, didn't hurt him too bad. No silly dances. Burns should retire though.

chester copperpot

I'd have maybe given 1 maybe 2 rounds to Burns. But to have it 4 rounds apart. That judge should be struck off! Pains me to say it!

Stephens KO

Jacare Submission

Waterson Decision

MightyMouse Submission

Your predictions have been a little wayward of late, much like mine. :laugh:

How amazing was Whittaker? Never seen anyone beat the shit out of Jacare like that before. Completely dominant. What a shock.

There's no questioning Burns' heart or his superhuman chin but the fact he is a 3 weight world champion is a sad indictment on the state of boxing. None of the people he has beaten to get the titles have been spectacular and it's a complete mystery as to how Di Rocco ended up with a title in the first place, he is awful. Every time Burns has stepped up his level of opposition he's been found wanting.

Would love to see Indongo fight Crawford to get the first unified champion in years. Would have to fancy Crawford but I reckon Indongo could cause him a lot of problems.

Rocco_Jambo

There's no questioning Burns' heart or his superhuman chin but the fact he is a 3 weight world champion is a sad indictment on the state of boxing. None of the people he has beaten to get the titles have been spectacular and it's a complete mystery as to how Di Rocco ended up with a title in the first place, he is awful. Every time Burns has stepped up his level of opposition he's been found wanting.

Would love to see Indongo fight Crawford to get the first unified champion in years. Would have to fancy Crawford but I reckon Indongo could cause him a lot of problems.

Not true. Stepped up against Martinez to win his first world title and handed him his first defeat. Martinez won 2 further titles and his only defeats have been to Garcia and Lomachenko and was regarded as one of the top guys at the weight when Burns beat him. The fact that it was 7 years ago just shows how long he has been mixing it at world level.

He shouldn't be retiring yet either. The fight was a whitewash but he never looked that badly hurt or out on his feet and still has a lot to offer in fights against Crolla and Taylor.

Not true. Stepped up against Martinez to win his first world title and handed him his first defeat. Martinez won 2 further titles and his only defeats have been to Garcia and Lomachenko and was regarded as one of the top guys at the weight when Burns beat him. The fact that it was 7 years ago just shows how long he has been mixing it at world level.

He shouldn't be retiring yet either. The fight was a whitewash but he never looked that badly hurt or out on his feet and still has a lot to offer in fights against Crolla and Taylor.

Call me old fashioned, but I think a world champion should always have a leginitimate claim to being the best in his weight division. I don't think this has ever been the case with Burns. A byproduct of having 4 titles for each weight division. Martinez is a decent fighter but certainly not elite level. There's no outstanding wins on his resume.

If I was Burns I don't know if I'd retire. He could probably have another 1-2 fights if he really needs the money but if he's comfortable it might be a good idea for him to call it a day now and have a better chance of having all his faculties intact in the future.

Ibrahim Tall

Call me old fashioned, but I think a world champion should always have a leginitimate claim to being the best in his weight division. I don't think this has ever been the case with Burns. A byproduct of having 4 titles for each weight division. Martinez is a decent fighter but certainly not elite level. There's no outstanding wins on his resume.

If I was Burns I don't know if I'd retire. He could probably have another 1-2 fights if he really needs the money but if he's comfortable it might be a good idea for him to call it a day now and have a better chance of having all his faculties intact in the future.

You're talking like Burns was battered last night, the fight was one sided as hell but he was barely hit with a clean shot to the head in 12 rounds. He hardly even had a mark on him afterwards.

He was outclassed plain and simple but he's not some punch drunk tired old boxer scraping through 12 rounds and getting stuck on his arse routinely.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

You're talking like Burns was battered last night, the fight was one sided as hell but he was barely hit with a clean shot to the head in 12 rounds. He hardly even had a mark on him afterwards.

He was outclassed plain and simple but he's not some punch drunk tired old boxer scraping through 12 rounds and getting stuck on his arse routinely.

I'm not just talking about last night. He took a lot of punishment against Crawford, Beltran and even Relikh and has been in his fair share of wars. Just because he has a great chin and has never been KOd it doesn't mean that he won't feel the effects of these in years to come.

No need for him to put himself in that position again, unless he's desperate.

I'm not just talking about last night. He took a lot of punishment against Crawford, Beltran and even Relikh and has been in his fair share of wars. Just because he has a great chin and has never been KOd it doesn't mean that he won't feel the effects of these in years to come.

No need for him to put himself in that position again, unless he's desperate.

To be fair it looked like he was finished a few years ago after his broken jaw but he came back well and won another world title.

How amazing was Whittaker? Never seen anyone beat the shit out of Jacare like that before. Completely dominant. What a shock.

Whittaker has just put the whole MW division on notice!

Superb.

I'd love to see Mighty Mouse at 135 against TJ, Cruz and Cody. Don't think he'll leave the comfort zone of 125 though. He's clearly very special but the strength in depth at 125 isn't a patch on any other division. That's why for me Anderson is still the GOAT.

Whittaker has just put the whole MW division on notice!

Superb.

I'd love to see Mighty Mouse at 135 against TJ, Cruz and Cody. Don't think he'll leave the comfort zone of 125 though. He's clearly very special but the strength in depth at 125 isn't a patch on any other division. That's why for me Anderson is still the GOAT.

GSP for me.Jon Jones could have been way out in front as GOAT though if the guy didn't implode in his personal life. Edited by vegas-voss

Rocco_Jambo

He did have a legitimate claim to being the best in the division at the time he beat Martinez as Martinez was considered as pretty much the top guy at the time. Burns stepped up in class massively, fought someone who was undefeated and classed as one of the best in the division, was the 9/2 outsider and won. Whether or not Martinez is an elite fighter is irrelevant but to suggest that "Every time Burns has stepped up his level of opposition he's been found wanting" is simply not true.

He won't be comfortable financially as he was declared bankrupt 2 years ago.

its coz ive no been watching as much podcasts and stuff as i used to since i started seeing my mrs lol

he was good he did well to avoid been taking down and choked out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUvxz1PtoVo

Stevie Ray took a split decision victory over Joe Lauzon. Great result which I'm not completely convinced that he deserved.
Lauzon beat the utter shit out of him in the first with his superior ground game and was almost completely gassed at the end of the first. Lauzon tried so hard for the finish that he could barely stand at the beginning of round 2.

Ray was told by his corner to stop kicking because Lauzon was waiting for it and would take him down and dominate him again. Ray lost the first 10-8, won the 2nd 10-9 (extremely close and could have gone either way) and the 3rd 10-8 when Lauzon was stoating around almost unable to even lift his gloves. Ray was absolutely pummelling him like a punchbag at the end but just couldn't get the finish.
Ray is a decent boxer and has bags of heart but his ground game is limited. Lauzon of 5 years ago would have made light work of him.
Really well done Stevie but there's massive amounts of work to do to even threaten the top 10.

It was a majority decision for Ray. Not split. No judge had Lauzon winning. One had a draw the other two had Ray.

Personally I give Ray round 2 and 3 with the 1st being a 10-8 Lauzon. So I agree with the 28-28 judge.

If I had to pick a winner and separate them it would be Ray. Like you said though, his ground game is really limited and Lauzon gassed big time.

It was a majority decision for Ray. Not split. No judge had Lauzon winning. One had a draw the other two had Ray.

Personally I give Ray round 2 and 3 with the 1st being a 10-8 Lauzon. So I agree with the 28-28 judge.

If I had to pick a winner and separate them it would be Ray. Like you said though, his ground game is really limited and Lauzon gassed big time.

That's exactly how I scored it too.

The final round may have been a 10-8 for Ray so i can accept the decision.

Has anyone a rough idea when the joshua fight is scheduled for?

Stupid question I know!

No later than 10pm apparently due to curfews around the stadium.

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Got 3/1 for AJ inside 6 rounds.

Don't thing Wlad will get a bigger payday to go out on than this and he knows he's "handing the mantle" onto someone he respects unlike Fury. All set up for the honourable respectful retiring fight.

22.30 for fight

10pm according to this. Sounds about right with the penultimate fight just about to start I suppose...

2a02b853a9db45ad3289f9019d62dced.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Footballfirst

any links for this

It is being shown live on the German channel RTL. You can get it on Mobdro if you scroll through the "Channels" list.

Edited by Footballfirst

any links for this

I've got a pretty good one on USAgoals. Laing for a second occasionally but good quality and isn't a problem as long as your not listening to the radio at the same time

Carl Fredrickson

Not a big fan of boxing but watching the fight on Ultimatemania and the stream is flawless.A decent second round with a few jabs landing

Klitchsko is quite incredible. The guys in his 40s for Christ sake. Technically a much younger man built like Joshua should be able to clean him out easy.

Well I was well wrong. :lol:

Thought AJ came in too heavy.

Which is why he seemed slower than normal and why he gassed quicker. IMO anyway.

Footballfirst

The ref gave the boxers too much time to recover after knock downs.  I made it 19 seconds after the last knock down before the ref let them fight on.