Boxing and UFC

Masonic

GGG may have something to say to that.

When you take into account the opponents each have beaten and also Ward's move up in weight I don't really think anyone could make a serious argument that GGG was the better pound for pound boxer.

Ward offered to face him and 168 pounds but GGG and his team weren't interested.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't have a problem with this in the same way as I don't have a problem with senior golf, football, Snooker. It becomes ridiculous when 50 plus ex fighter try and make a come back in the elite boxing world with young fighters

If both men are healthy and fit enough to go for it, are in the same league then go for it. Would be an interesting spectacle.

Edited by AlimOzturk

Ivan Drago

Did anyone see the Pacquiao fight at the weekend? There seems to be some people outraged at the scoring/result but at the same time there's plenty of people saying it was a fair result, other than one judge who scored it 117-113.

Either way surely time for Pacman to retire now

Jambojay84

I watched this and thought the result was fine, but the scorecards were quite odd for how the fight panned out, JH looked great early on and pacman couldn't really get goin till later into the fight, it was pretty much a dingdong from rnd 6 onwards with either fighter having a chance to end it. And yes definitely time for pacman to retire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh Taylor is fighting O'Hara Davies tonight on channel 5. Should be a great fight, slightly leaning towards OD.

Sierra Delta

Josh Taylor is fighting O'Hara Davies tonight on channel 5. Should be a great fight, slightly leaning towards OD.

Yeah I'm surprised to see that Josh is odds on favourite. 

Nice to see a local lad doing well but I think Ohara is the better boxer. Should be a close fight either way though. 

Yeah I'm surprised to see that Josh is odds on favourite. 

Nice to see a local lad doing well but I think Ohara is the better boxer. Should be a close fight either way though. 

Yeah it's a tough one to call. Got 3-1 on a Davies KO. I'm actually rooting for Davies as well,  have found Taylor to be pretty unlikeable during the build up.

Buzzing for this, hope Josh shuts him up.

What time does the coverage start?

Coverage starts at 10pm on Channel 5.

Sierra Delta

Yeah it's a tough one to call. Got 3-1 on a Davies KO. I'm actually rooting for Davies as well,  have found Taylor to be pretty unlikeable during the build up.

Aye, he keeps going on about Davies "cracking up" but he's the one that seems to be losing it at the press conference etc. 

I think its one of these occasions where us Jambos are slightly blinkered, because hes a Hibs supporter.

For me, hes the next biggest thing in British boxing, and I am confident he will win tonight. It should be a cracking fight, with 2 good boxers, but its Taylor for me.

Its the same as Andy Murray, I like any Scotsman to win anything, the team they support to me is irrelevant.

Sierra Delta

I think its one of these occasions where us Jambos are slightly blinkered, because hes a Hibs supporter.

For me, hes the next biggest thing in British boxing, and I am confident he will win tonight. It should be a cracking fight, with 2 good boxers, but its Taylor for me.

Its the same as Andy Murray, I like any Scotsman to win anything, the team they support to me is irrelevant.

I couldn't really care what team he supports. 

Josh is clearly a very good boxer but he's pretty unexposed given the quality of opposite he's faced. Ohara Davies is a big step up for him and from what I've seen of Davies he looks pretty special as well. 

vegas-voss

I couldn't really care what team he supports.

Josh is clearly a very good boxer but he's pretty unexposed given the quality of opposite he's faced. Ohara Davies is a big step up for him and from what I've seen of Davies he looks pretty special as well.

I haven't seen anything of Davies I had presumed it was the other way round and it was he that was stepping up in class.

Rocco_Jambo

I haven't seen anything of Davies I had presumed it was the other way round and it was he that was stepping up in class.

Both taking massive steps in opposition which is why it's such an interesting fight and a scenario which rarely happens these days. 2 hot prospects fighting one another so early in their career.

Sierra Delta

That Jason Easton fight was excellent. Deserved to be seen by a larger audience than hidden away on Spike. 

Stuck ?40 on Taylor........come on my lad.....

Given two pieces of advice by my old man....keep your hand on your halfpenny when visiting new places, and always bet on the black guy at boxing .....

Come on Taylor :)

chester copperpot

Stuck ?40 on Taylor........come on my lad.....

Sorted.

Seems that your talents not only lie in picking Scotland's best football players ;)

Samuel Camazzola

Taylor was a class above but the danger is always there when a big puncher is throwing windmills.

Nice to see Braehead rivalling Vegas in the celebrity game. While Mandalay Bay attracts Denzel Washington, Brad Pitt and LeBron James, tonight we had Leigh Griffiths, Josh Windass and Wes Foderingham. I'm surprised the Sevco boys were showing face in public.

Sorted.

Seems that your talents not only lie in picking Scotland's best football players ;)

Chester, makes up for not getting miss right 20 years ago....

Try to always back Scotland.......

I a!ways bet on o,Sullivan at snooker, before then Alex Higgins..

Scottish boxers...I have known Ken Buchanon since a kid...second to McGuigan as my favourite.

Bet on Jocky Wilson, and MceEnroe....

I was in Laurie's Hearts pub, with my dad.....as Irish working class Celtic as they came. The night the pub stayed open all night to show the Bruno Tyson fight... 4am the fight started.. Frank almost had him, my old fella said he'd become a jambo..if frank won... Happy days. :)

That Jason Easton fight was excellent. Deserved to be seen by a larger audience than hidden away on Spike. 

On again now. Reminds me of a proper mexican scrap - no defense but no power

I was confident Taylor would win, and he proved he was different class.

Im a big fan of Ricky Burns, but Taylor would win quite easily for me, still be a decent fight though.

I was confident Taylor would win, and he proved he was different class.

Im a big fan of Ricky Burns, but Taylor would win quite easily for me, still be a decent fight though.

Well said.

chester copperpot

Chester, makes up for not getting miss right 20 years ago....

Try to always back Scotland.......

I a!ways bet on o,Sullivan at snooker, before then Alex Higgins..

Scottish boxers...I have known Ken Buchanon since a kid...second to McGuigan as my favourite.

Bet on Jocky Wilson, and MceEnroe....

I was in Laurie's Hearts pub, with my dad.....as Irish working class Celtic as they came. The night the pub stayed open all night to show the Bruno Tyson fight... 4am the fight started.. Frank almost had him, my old fella said he'd become a jambo..if frank won... Happy days. :)

With regards Ken Buchanan, you may have known my ex mother in law. She was in the same class as him at school and mucked about with him for many a year

Edit* with regards Bruno he had him on the ropes for that split second when he connected.

Frank was never the fastest but oh boy he could punch!

Edited by chester copperpot

Fair play to Taylor, he completely outclassed Davies. If Crawford moves up after unifying against Indongo as expected, I reckon there's a real possibility of Taylor winning a world title in the not too distant future.

Completely outclassed him.

Davies thinking he can stand all awkward and load up on all his punches against a guy as technically gifted as Josh.

:lol:

As for UFC 213.

Think Travis Browne should seriously consider calling it a day.

Delighted for Whittaker. I think he'll dispose of Bisping.

Was brilliant seeing Pettis look like his old self.

Feel like Jason Easton gets a raw deal compared to Josh Taylor. Obviously Taylor being in the Olympics kinda hypes him up but both fighter seem to have a similar pro record and have both unbeaten and winning titles. Yet Easton gets far less press and is on the undercard.

Would love to see both fight some time in the future.

Edited by AlimOzturk

Feel like Jason Easton gets a raw deal compared to Josh Taylor. Obviously Taylor being in the Olympics kinda hypes him up but both fighter seem to have a similar pro record and have both unbeaten and winning titles. Yet Easton gets far less press and is on the undercard.

Would love to see both fight some time in the future.

Watched both fights you can tell Josh is the better boxer imo.Easton has a lot of heart though but has far more rough edges

Mayweather won the first presser had Conor silenced and annoyed at some points

Agreed.

Also the first time I've seen Conor do a press conference where his opppnent has not looked phased or intimidated by him whatsoever.

Agreed.

Also the first time I've seen Conor do a press conference where his opppnent has not looked phased or intimidated by him whatsoever.

That's the thing Mayweather has been doing these big shows for over 20 years so it ain't fazing him.Conor looked visibly fazed by it imo.Looked well annoyed when Mayweather said you have tapped 3 times haha.

Generic Username

Mayweather won the first presser had Conor silenced and annoyed at some points

Think part of that was due to them turning McGregor's mic off :rofl:

Was quite a strange set up, almost like one of those "roasts" you get on Comedy Central. Not much of any real interest to take away from it. Glad the tour has kicked off though, feels a lot more real now that they've actually gone face to face.

Shooter McGavin

Would like to see more back and forth between Mayweather and McGregor in the future press conference's, yesterday was a bit of an anticlimax in my opinion.

It's basically WWE eh?

A predetermined fight that is all about the build up and entertainment and nothing remotely about the skills of who the best fighter is.

I know that boxing, from a spectators point of view, is all about the entertainment and they are providing that. I also in no way blame the fighters for it, but it's a pro boxing match in name only.

Harlem Globetrotters of martial arts?

It's basically WWE eh?

A predetermined fight that is all about the build up and entertainment and nothing remotely about the skills of who the best fighter is.

I know that boxing, from a spectators point of view, is all about the entertainment and they are providing that. I also in no way blame the fighters for it, but it's a pro boxing match in name only.

Harlem Globetrotters of martial arts?

I actually feel this is the route UFC has been going down more and more since Conor became the poster boy.That Bisping stuff in the ring the other night throwing the belt down was so cheesy and WWF