Boxing and UFC

Masonic

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Well done son. All your life training to beat a YouTuber on a split decision over 8 rounds. That world championship belt can’t be far away now. 🤣🤣

He's made enough money from this fight to more than justify all the training he's done.  Especially if Jake Paul honours his bet and doubles Fury's share of the purse.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, RobNox said:

He's made enough money from this fight to more than justify all the training he's done.  Especially if Jake Paul honours his bet and doubles Fury's share of the purse.

Fury's camp didn't sign the amended contract for that deal to stand. 

A joke to boxing, but we all watched it. Fair play to them, made a ton more money than actual world champions. Guess it's the world we live in now 

They would both be better just kissing KSI's arse and joing his tag team boxing gimmick.Any upcoming boxer in the top 40 beats these bums.

I don’t think there will be a re run unless there is a rematch clause. Fury was under immense pressure and I don’t see him or his family wanting to go through that again. Glad he won for the sake of boxing.  A boxer beats a YouTuber. Would have been embarrassing had it been the other way about. 

jack D and coke

I’d actually liked to have seen Fury beaten. He’s a big fud.

Him crying at the end and his interview was pretty funny. Like he’s won a world title :lol: 

Would’ve been funny if he’d signed the winner takes all and lost. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I’d actually liked to have seen Fury beaten. He’s a big fud.

Him crying at the end and his interview was pretty funny. Like he’s won a world title :lol: 

Would’ve been funny if he’d signed the winner takes all and lost. 

Tbh the pressure he was under it must have felt like a world title win. Could you imagine the ridicule if he lost?

His professional life would have been over imo. He has just probably made himself a multimillionaire 

I can see Paul having a pretty decent boxing career but it won't be as a fighter.I can see him becoming a successful promoter ( already has dipped his toes in ).

12 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

You do Klitchsko a serious disservice in this imo. 

On reflection you are probably right. He's of a higher level than Wilder certainly. I just think he was nowhere near the level of his brother and the Sanders and Brewsters losses in particular didn't look great.

Fury for me has built up a legacy mainly of beating Wilder 3 times who is a great puncher but incredibly limited.

Fury had problems with Cunningham so would be interested to see how he handles Usyk.

14 minutes ago, Costanza said:

On reflection you are probably right. He's of a higher level than Wilder certainly. I just think he was nowhere near the level of his brother and the Sanders and Brewsters losses in particular didn't look great.

Fury for me has built up a legacy mainly of beating Wilder 3 times who is a great puncher but incredibly limited.

Fury had problems with Cunningham so would be interested to see how he handles Usyk.

Cunningham was no mug and a top Class cruiserweight. Fury eventually knocked him out. 

Vitali Klitchsko was the better of the two imo. He had Lenox Lewis in all sorts of trouble until he got that horrific cut above his eye which meant the bout had to be stopped.Wlad took the weakest part

of his game, his defence, and made it arguably the strongest part his has game under Manny Stewart. Was boring but unbelievably effective. Think he was unbeaten for ten years. 

5 hours ago, Costanza said:

No arguments from me here. I do think Wlad was perhaps more technically gifted but Vitali had a granite chin (remember the upper cut he took from Lewis?!) which put him a level above for me. Wlad did well typically to protect himself though as a "chinny" heavyweight. If Wlad had his brother's chin....some fighter. 

Also not wrong about Fury. I like the guy but his resume is lacking in some respects. Difficulty being though that the division isn't that strong. He could fight and beat Joshua and Usyk and you'd still be able to look at his record and question it in my opinion. Can only beat whats there though. For me, Fury beats Usyk as a good big man beats a great little guy usually. 

7 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Well in! I couldn't see past Fury pre-fight. Odds were madness to me.

I couldn't believe it either, but there just seemed to be too much risk of shenanigans.

Paul's a big guy, but he has a lot of weight in his legs, which doesn't really help, but adds to what he has to carry about. 

He already isn't that mobile, then seems to put what effort he has into dancing about under a static torso. So even being in an 18ft ring suited him, not to mention the whole thing being promoted by his company.

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I couldn't believe it either, but there just seemed to be too much risk of shenanigans.

Paul's a big guy, but he has a lot of weight in his legs, which doesn't really help, but adds to what he has to carry about. 

He already isn't that mobile, then seems to put what effort he has into dancing about under a static torso. So even being in an 18ft ring suited him, not to mention the whole thing being promoted by his company.

I just thought Paul hadn't fought anyone that was trained as a boxer into the bargain. Normally smaller guys that had an MMA background. 

I do wonder if the odds were heavily skewed by just average punters lumping on Paul from the YouTube recognition. 

5 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

I just thought Paul hadn't fought anyone that was trained as a boxer into the bargain. Normally smaller guys that had an MMA background. 

I do wonder if the odds were heavily skewed by just average punters lumping on Paul from the YouTube recognition. 

Absolutely, a whole load of first time money you'd think.

8 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

I was meaning more that everything seemed set up to favour Paul, and the nature of the bout meant I just couldn't trust that the actual boxer would win.

Fury's not great, but all Paul had was a puncher's chance really.

30 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I was meaning more that everything seemed set up to favour Paul, and the nature of the bout meant I just couldn't trust that the actual boxer would win.

Fury's not great, but all Paul had was a puncher's chance really.

The American scorecard might suggest you're on to something there too based on what you were all saying about the way the fight went. 

Fury clearly a level above Paul but I can’t ever see Fury winning even a British title based on what I seen yesterday. Might be better for him to stick to the YouTube circuit and beat them all up whilst earning a fortune in the process. Rematch Paul, best KSI and possibly some sort of brother revenge and beat Logan Paul. 

Would make more money doing that than most elite level boxers earn in their entire careers. 

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Fury clearly a level above Paul but I can’t ever see Fury winning even a British title based on what I seen yesterday. Might be better for him to stick to the YouTube circuit and beat them all up whilst earning a fortune in the process. Rematch Paul, best KSI and possibly some sort of brother revenge and beat Logan Paul. 

Would make more money doing that than most elite level boxers earn in their entire careers. 

I read somewhere that Fury made £5m from last night

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I read somewhere that Fury made £5m from last night

Ridiculous amount. 😂 fair play to him though. 

I was offered free tickets for it as I am in Riyadh, politely declined! Watched it on hooky TV and turned off by round 4. For me it only proved that Fury is absolutely not a prospect and Paul even less so. Fair play to them for banking the cash though. 

22 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Cunningham was no mug and a top Class cruiserweight. Fury eventually knocked him out. 

17 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

For me, Fury beats Usyk as a good big man beats a great little guy usually. 

Agree with both your posts but on Fury v Usyk, I think Usyk causes him all sorts of problems as he's different gravy and could easily win on points.

He can fight as well as his amateur fights with Beterbiev show so it's a fight that has to happen 

Didnt mind Fury and Paul , it honestly seemed like a proper fight, I have my doubts his Woodley and Askren fights werent backed with some money to make sure he got the finish he required.

On 26/02/2023 at 21:23, Homme said:

Making a mockery of boxing :rofl:

It's not art FFS. 

It is art. The art of self defense. Many would class it in the martial arts.  

38 minutes ago, Masonic said:

bones by submission 6/1

Gane will put Jones on a diet for the LHW division.

Punks No Deid

Lightning ️ Lee McGregor fighting tonight 🥊 PHM 🇱🇻. Anyone know of any links to watch? 

19 hours ago, Masonic said:

bones by submission 6/1

He's back! 

BT sports1 

Edited by ri Alban

1 minute ago, Masonic said:

you should all be calling me nostradamus

There is a thread in the shed that defines what just happened. This is rigged. 

Why do folk cheer this *****. Hit and run a pregnant woman, attacks normal folk , whole family of nut jobs and then has a cheek talking about God . 

And then there's Dana White, surprised he still walks the planet.

Generic Username

I think anyone who'd watched Gane v Ngannou & any Jon Jones fight will have known it was curtains as soon as it went to the ground. The prospect of a fight against Stipe does sound great. 

Greedy Jambo
11 hours ago, ri Alban said:

There is a thread in the shed that defines what just happened. This is rigged. 

Why do folk cheer this *****. Hit and run a pregnant woman, attacks normal folk , whole family of nut jobs and then has a cheek talking about God . 

And then there's Dana White, surprised he still walks the planet.

:F6EFFECF-CB36-4574-9BC5-9AAB27271817:

• 2 weeks later...
Greedy Jambo
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

I only lasted a few seconds, what's the gist?

Basically, Conor doesn't need to stick to the rules regarding the usada pool, he only needs to pass 2 tests, clear favouritism etc, it looked like his agent was telling him to shut up and the clip you're seeing there has apparently been edited out (that was the original live stream recording you're seeing there).

Edited by Greedy Jambo

On 17/03/2023 at 06:30, Lord BJ said:

Every time I hear Connor speak, I think he’s getting smashed in the next fight. Spends more time promoting something or other. That said I don’t think he makes the octagon again, i think he’s pretending to himself. 

Big UK card this weekend, with Edwards v Usman. I have no idea who wins it as I can see pretty much any result occurring. Hope Edwards wins though. 

@ri Albanwho you got this weekend? Or you currently in JKB pokey again😂

:wavey: 

Want Leon to win, and he should be better fighting in London with no altitude problems. And the knockout should put Usman on the back foot. But... He's a tank and could easily ragdoll Leon. 

Anyway, again, I hope Leon wins 😂 

You're no allowed to discuss this. ScratchyFeminineAoudad-max-1mb.gif

Greedy Jambo

It just shows you how much the UFC needs McGregor though, I've seen plenty of him all over social media lately, but i only found out Usman was fighting yesterday 🤣