Boxing and UFC

Masonic

43 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Not sure I see the point as result would be the same. Nor as Eddie Hearn wants, Beterbiev v Callum Smith (stopped by Canelo so would have no chance).

The only fight out there at LHW that needs made is Beterbiev v Bivol. Tough one to call that.

There career trajectories and weights mean this won't happen but Beterbiev v Usyk would be exceptional going by their amateur fights.

Only man to beat him(Usyk), is he not? 

I'd just like AY to earn some good money. One punch, as we seen , changes everything.

Edited by ri Alban

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

McGregor returning to UFC. 

He will coach TUF against Michael Chandler, who he will then face in August. 

I predict an exciting race to see who gases first.

Will be interesting to see weight fight takes place at. McGregor doesn’t look like he’s getting to LW anytime soon, maybe catch weight. 

My two favourite UFC fighters. It's brilliant they are doing TUF. I didn't expect CM to ever do that again. Faber/McGregor was brilliant.

46 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It should be a good knock as their styles compliment each other. Though goes past the first, it will be too like two exhausted drunks fighting. 

Undoubtably, will being tuning in TUF for first time in forever. 

Early days but who you got? 

It’s in Saudi. 

I’ve never seen either fight properly but the little bits I have seen. I’m not convinced Fury wins, he doesn’t look a very good boxer to me. 

Chandler is brilliant to watch, but he is too easy to hit, so I expect Conor to connect. First round McGregor, Just! 

Tommy Fury has the most lethal upper cut you will see, outside the elite. I expect him to use it to put Jake out the count. But I tip my hat to the Pauls, they're doing fantastic for themselves. Logan is pretty good and I I expect him to fight in the UFC. He was chucking Paulo Costa all over the shop in sparring. And he's no wimp.

Makhachev v Volkanovski this weekend. :vrwow: As they say, it's not the size of the dog that matters in a fight, it's the fight in the dog and Alex is mental, because Islam is a psychopath.

Edited by ri Alban

50 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Looking forward to it. 

I’m going Volkanski to the beat the pound stretcher Khabib. I think he manages to keep this on feet and Volk picks him a part. Think he uses his speed to basically get to punch first. 

I appreciate my UFC predictions are crap. 

Volks is a little bowling ball of power. I don’t see weight difference as a massive issue. He’s fought at WW before and has naturally been much bigger than current size. 

I hope he wins anaw. UFC could do with less Khabib style fights and fighters.

37 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It was a very good fight. Both came out with reputation weirdly improved albeit a good big man always beats a good little man. It was one of those where I could have understood any result, albeit think it was the right result. 

Think Volkanski destroys Yair. Yair gets hit too easily and Volkanski will have speed advantage. Hard to see who beats Volkanski at 145lbs, Arnold Allen would be very interesting. 

Mackachev, probably face Dariush next I imagine. Though if McGregor slaps chandler about that could be sla possibility from money perspective. Though still not convinced McGregor see 155lbs again. Both I suspect he Mackachev wins easily. 

Loved it. Ismal isn't the invisible monster Khabib and himself proclaim he is.  

Conor beats him, he's nowhere near Khabib's ability and a sober, focused McGregor could beat Khabib. Conor is underrated, he's a brilliant MA, but the boxing malarkey ruined it.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Loved it. Ismal isn't the invisible monster Khabib and himself proclaim he is.  

Conor beats him, he's nowhere near Khabib's ability and a sober, focused McGregor could beat Khabib. Conor is underrated, he's a brilliant MA, but the boxing malarkey ruined it.

Conor never beats Khabib, cheers for the laugh though

3 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

Conor never beats Khabib, cheers for the laugh though

Khabib is just a wrestler. Conor 2016 beats his ass. How come big bad Khabib never fought at his natural weight. Middleweight. He'd have been fecked up. Do what Conor did, diet into the smaller weight category and rehydrate. Christ, he couldn't make weight, a number of times. No wonder Ferguson called him out. His first 20 fights were against the kids of the local blind school.

22 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Khabib is just a wrestler. Conor 2016 beats his ass. How come big bad Khabib never fought at his natural weight. Middleweight. He'd have been fecked up. Do what Conor did, diet into the smaller weight category and rehydrate. Christ, he couldn't make weight, a number of times. No wonder Ferguson called him out. His first 20 fights were against the kids of the local blind school.

A good wrestler (he is great) beats a good striker 9 times out of ten.

Not a chance McGregor would have ever beaten Khabib. 

On 12/02/2023 at 16:56, AlimOzturk said:

A good wrestler (he is great) beats a good striker 9 times out of ten.

Not a chance McGregor would have ever beaten Khabib. 

Khabib floored him with a punch as well. 

Connor made is living beating people 2 weights below his. 

On 12/02/2023 at 16:32, ri Alban said:

You clearly know nothing about mma but I will jump in.

First of all Khabib isnt a wrestler, he like many Dagastanis grew up with Sambo which is closer to Judo than it is wrestling. The fact that he has a great double leg and wrist control more than likely was there in part and honed at AKA training with guys like DC and Rockhold. His first 20 fights were against nobodies? no.. they were on his local circuit , its not record padding if he is taking every fight that becomes available to him within his means, in fact I would make the argument it makes it more impressive he then arrived in the UFC and picked off nearly all of the top contenders without taking a loss.

On to the weight, having fought mma I can tell you nobody fights at their natural weight or will as long as weigh ins will take place the day before the fight people will cut. One Championship is the only organisation so far who has stepped up to combat this by testing for re-hydration. Its as embedded into the sport as wrapping your hands.

I realise for the Conor generation hes the be all of mma but in reality he never defended a title and besides Aldo and Alvarez who are his notable wins against .... Chad Mendes on a two week fight camp? Denis Siver? Donald Cerrone with one foot in retirement ? . I mean you could argue a young Holloway but does he beat him now? we know he doesnt beat Poirer now. His personality brought eyes to the sport arguably prob built it to its current popularity but in terms of talent Khabib was on a different level.

Any lightweight in the top ten has a shot against him now. The smartest fight for him wouldve been a slugfest with Masvidal at WW , Chandler will ragdoll him in a similar fashion as Poirer did.

16 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Rumour has it ,Islam used an IV drip after the weigh in. That's fecking illegal!

Dan Hooker said it but he hasn't shown anything to back it up.Not fan of him but no evidence has been brought forward yet.

I suppose Jake Paul wouldn't be taking the fight if he didn't think he could beat him, he's not been wrong so far, but i find it hard to believe that he's going to beat a guy that fights actual boxers, albeit bang average ones. 

On 18/02/2023 at 22:53, Nucky Thompson said:

Wood v Lara about to start 

Lara is an animal. Just seems to plod forward theowing bombs and taking whatever his opponent throws, knowing he is eventually going to land that big left hook. I would rather see a rematch than another fight with Warrington, whose style seems tayloe made for Lara

Shooter McGavin

Find it funny how pro boxers are calling YouTube boxing a circus, when just a few days ago Conor Benn gets his positive drugs test written off as an over consumption of eggs 😂

20 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Find it funny how pro boxers are calling YouTube boxing a circus, when just a few days ago Conor Benn gets his positive drugs test written off as an over consumption of eggs 😂

the Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUE) were good back in the day as well 

In amongst all the 'hype' about Paul v Fury, I've only just read that Floyd Mayweather is fighting a guy who used to be on Geordie Shore at the O2 tonight.

Who the feck, goes or pays to watch that? :laugh:

Thunder and Lightning

Tommy should stick to love Island and such. He would. Be nowhere near pay per view without his brother. 

His opponents records:

10-102-3
0-26-2
2-26-0
0-11-0
0-9-0
2-0-0
0-1-0
10-1-0

Hand picked to lose. 

Won't be watching but do hope Jake slaps the wee ***** silly. 

Naisys Tackle
On 24/02/2023 at 22:35, Shooter McGavin said:

From random South American chickens none the less. 

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

In amongst all the 'hype' about Paul v Fury, I've only just read that Floyd Mayweather is fighting a guy who used to be on Geordie Shore at the O2 tonight.

Who the feck, goes or pays to watch that? :laugh:

Very few people apparently, I don't get why it was happening

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Very few people apparently, I don't get why it was happening

I read an interesting piece a couple of days ago about Mayweather’s supposed massive fortune. 
If he’s so rich why the exhibition fights? Why does he have a business where you can pay him $41 to record a message for you? 

19 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I read an interesting piece a couple of days ago about Mayweather’s supposed massive fortune. 
If he’s so rich why the exhibition fights? Why does he have a business where you can pay him $41 to record a message for you? 

He's pretty extravagant of course so he must burn through a lot, but that tit from Geordie shore, in front of no one? It can't even have paid that much, or so you'd think.

33 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Was that one where it was claimed some of the money he was posing with was fake?

This article on him is jaw dropping in terms of excess

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/celebrity/article/3184069/has-floyd-mayweather-blown-us12-billion-fortune-jake-paul

7 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Was that one where it was claimed some of the money he was posing with was fake?

This article on him is jaw dropping in terms of excess

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/celebrity/article/3184069/has-floyd-mayweather-blown-us12-billion-fortune-jake-paul

He's also spoken of his gambling problems in the past, but he's earned so much it's hard to imagine he's actually skint.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He's also spoken of his gambling problems in the past, but he's earned so much it's hard to imagine he's actually skint.

You'd think but he's probably so bored he's gambling all the time and why would he do these ridiculous exhibitions?

Talking of which, look at the state of this; what a fun night this must have been at the O2 :laugh:

12 minutes ago, Costanza said:

You'd think but he's probably so bored he's gambling all the time and why would he do these ridiculous exhibitions?

Talking of which, look at the state of this; what a fun night this must have been at the O2 :laugh:

Mental

Me and laddie bored so fired on the Mayweather fight out of curiosity. Feck me had the absolute horror of watching the 2 girls pre Mayweather. Was completely ridiculous, more like "Its a knockout" they would have been as well putting on inflated sumo suits. Could not believe this was billed as the co-main event, would call it amateur hour but that really is extremely offensive to amateurs. They even had some influencers ? doing the co-comms. 

As for the Mayweather he just danced around hit jabs, sat on top of the ropes in an exhibition to the fans. Place was half empty (if that), how that could produce any money and pay him anything half decent I will not know. He really is scraping the bottom of sh*t barrel now. 

To confirm it did not cost me anything to watch. Truly awful.

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

IMG-20230226-WA0001.jpg

So is tommy going to take a shot on purpose in the hope that his eye swells up? or is he just going to walk around with his eye shut? 😂

20 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

So is tommy going to take a shot on purpose in the hope that his eye swells up? or is he just going to walk around with his eye shut? 😂

His Da will put his thumbnail in it. 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

His Da will put his thumbnail in it. 

Oaaft, I think I'd rather fight Tyson Fury than have my da stick his nail in my eye.