• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Young man's bravado gone. Wrestling now  .

What's happening? Now. Sore baws. Never a low blow.

Edited by ri Alban

8 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Derek Chisora is past it but he is a British boxing legend

Never more than a gate keeper to elite boxers. Every era need someone like chisora who can take punishment and push them but he was never world or ever European level. A good character, gave it his all and never backed down from a fight. Made the most of his career and should now call it quits if he has any sense. (May have been punched out of yesterday mind you)

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Fight over. 👏 Wonderboy supreme. K Holland is hard as nails.

Watched it this morning there unbelievable 😂😂

2 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Watched it this morning there unbelievable 😂😂

I loved it, but WB is lucky KH didn't take him to the ground.

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

This hit me quite hard as random deaths go this morning. He’s just younger than me, and perhaps all that comes with Christmas did make me consider how much time I have left. 

Not, great thoughts at best of times, never mind 3am in the morning when the Raiders are ragin me. 

Not heard cause, though sone suggestions a staff infection. 

Probably, correct, there big man. I remember watching that fight for TUF1 it was epic. By todays standards it was limited, technically, but at that moment I and many like me were hooked. 

Hope you had great Christmas and best wishes to you and yours over festive period✌🏻👍

Merry Christmas, bud. And i hope you and yours have a fantastic time and great 2023. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
Shooter McGavin

Jon Jones comeback at heavyweight announced, fighting Ciryl Gane on the 4th March.

Looks like Francis Ngannou has left the UFC too. Couldn’t agree to a new deal.

Dana White announces Edwards V Usman and Gane V Jones . I bet their demands were met quickly to take the focus off of him.

Usman takes the belt back and Jones loses a decision to Gane.

Mad Dog Logan

Unless its a good undercard Sky are taking the piss making the Eubank fight a ppv.

Looking like the Josh Taylor v Jack Catterall rematch will finally take place at the start of March.  

Shooter McGavin
1 hour ago, Mad Dog Logan said:

Unless its a good undercard Sky are taking the piss making the Eubank fight a ppv.

Looking like the Josh Taylor v Jack Catterall rematch will finally take place at the start of March.  

As a very casual boxing fan, there’s never any value in paying for a PPV.

Boxing is hardly a sport littered with household names, so I’m only interested in the main events.

1 hour ago, Mad Dog Logan said:

Also got Joseph Parker on it but that’s it really. 

Any fight that will get decent numbers will be PPV now. 

jack D and coke

Not sure about this Eubank Smith. 
Should be Eubank but you never know. 
Smith has came across a prick last day or so. 
Scouser so shouldn’t be surprised I guess. 

18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Not sure about this Eubank Smith. 
Should be Eubank but you never know. 
Smith has came across a prick last day or so. 
Scouser so shouldn’t be surprised I guess. 

To hard to call. Eubank has improved massively since groves and seems to have gained a bit of humility as well. 

Smith is and always has been a complete dick. 

Hoping for a Eubank knockout. 

jack D and coke
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

To hard to call. Eubank has improved massively since groves and seems to have gained a bit of humility as well. 

I can’t say I’m that familiar with smith I think I’ve seen him fight once. 
A mate of mine who’s really into his boxing reckons Smith on points. 
Id quite like to see Smith lying sparko tbh tho. Seems a twat 

Naisys Tackle
22 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Eubank in 10 for me.

Shooter McGavin
11 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Eubank is an utter *****.

I might have seriously misjudged him, but he seems to be under Liam Smiths skin a bit from the interviews I’ve seen.

To me, he comes across more likeable too.

fabienleclerq
3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I might have seriously misjudged him, but he seems to be under Liam Smiths skin a bit from the interviews I’ve seen.

To me, he comes across more likeable too.

He's deffo under his skin. Eubank seems more confident, Smith trying to hard to get him to bite with the gay stuff etc.

Edited by fabienleclerq

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

He's deffo under his skin. Eubank seems more confident, Smith trying to hard to get him to bite with the gay stuff etc.

Yeah that exchange really highlighted it. Eubank Jr dealt with that very well.

Liam Smith out of the two was the only one to hold a world title, stupid to count him out. Having said that I though Eubank was going to take a decision. Not sure whats there for Eubank now, Conor Benn throwing some heat at him after the loss, no doubt they could get that going again. Have been a fan of Benn since he started think the weight might prove to be too big of a difference.

Anthony Yarde is looking not bad against Arthur Betebiev so far. But Betebiev is one scary looking character, he’s got that blank ruthless look about him. 

6 hours ago, Tazio said:

This is a great fight. The difference between light heavy and the monsters that inhabit the heavyweight division (with exceptions) is huge. 

Anthony did brilliant and his corner looked after him at the end. Good to see they care about their lad. :clap: 

The champ is a dangerous man. Some fighter. Hopefully there's a rematch.

Also, it's a pity there's not the same money and exposure for the LH, as it's the best division for me, along with the Super Middleweights. 

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Anthony did brilliant and his corner looked after him at the end. Good to see they care about their lad. :clap: 

The champ is a dangerous man. Some fighter. Hopefully there's a rematch.

Also, it's a pity there's not the same money and exposure for the LH, as it's the best division for me, along with the Super Middleweights. 

Not sure I see the point as result would be the same. Nor as Eddie Hearn wants, Beterbiev v Callum Smith (stopped by Canelo so would have no chance).

The only fight out there at LHW that needs made is Beterbiev v Bivol. Tough one to call that.

There career trajectories and weights mean this won't happen but Beterbiev v Usyk would be exceptional going by their amateur fights.