New Season Tickets

dunciboyjambo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 thing is for sure we have sold more season tickets than last season. Great effort and hopefully we can shift another 300 or so before the season starts.

I echo the praises extended here to the hard worhing staff. Expect they are really enjoying it though.

One of them with artistic flair should start beavering away on a maroon and white sign which reads SEASON TICKETS - SOLD OUT.

At the Foundation Q & A in Bonnyrigg a while back I am sure the budgeted figure was 9000, dropping to 7500 budgeted if we don't get promoted, also budgeted for 1st round ko in all cups.

It's incredible given how many we had sold until today.

Considering today was first day people could move etc. too still a great number of people that have managed to get through.

drumie jambo

1 thing is for sure we have sold more season tickets than last season. Great effort and hopefully we can shift another 300 or so before the season starts.

I think we will sell out the remainder

Considering today was first day people could move etc. too still a great number of people that have managed to get through.

Also not easy for everybody to do their business on a Monday and still possibly fans hanging off until next pay day, and some maybe on holiday, so hopefully we see a final push over the next 2 weeks to get us to at least 12k.

Also not easy for everybody to do their business on a Monday and still possibly fans hanging off until next pay day, and some maybe on holiday, so hopefully we see a final push over the next 2 weeks to get us to at least 12k.

I think we'll hit 12k by the end of the week!

Now that would be pleasing!

:pleasing:

All roads lead to Gorgie

Well a few on here said they would hold off and pay the higher prices so the club got more money. We will see if they are true to their word !! Well done everyone up to now :2thumbsup:

h-e-a-r-t-s

We'd have sold thousands less had we avoided relegation.

I agree with this. Having genuine competition is so important in sport and right now there is a collective sense that we will compete to win the league, whether we can remains to be seen but it all feels a bit 05/06 to me which is fantastic

We have sold more Home Shirts than H1b5 have sold season tickets...LOL

Any idea how many home shirts H1b5 have sold, must be into the dozens by now :)

All roads lead to Gorgie

We have sold more Home Shirts than H1b5 have sold season tickets...LOL

I bet we have sold more away shirts as well :tiny:

I bet we have sold more away shirts as well :tiny:

Well judging by the number I saw on display at last night's World Cup Final, I guess we must have sold at least 50k away shirts :)

All roads lead to Gorgie

Well judging by the number I saw on display at last night's World Cup Final, I guess we must have sold at least 50k away shirts :)

Yes I have heard the Buenos Aires branch is one of the largest in the federation of Hearts supporters clubs. :2thumbsup:

It doesn't get any better looking, but I believe their is a concerted effort across in .net to convince themselves that it's not so ugly after all. A bit like The Emperor's New Clothes but in reverse.

I ran out of toilet paper the other day and Easter Road is closer to my house than the supermarket.

I ran out of toilet paper the other day and Easter Road is closer to my house than the supermarket.

By the looks of the Hibs shirt it doesn't even have the consistency of toilet paper. I hope your fingers didn't go through it while wiping (never a pleasant experience!)

It makes budget sense to restrict ST sales to around 12,500 and have 3,500 available to away supporters in the Roseburn. I realise it will only be The Rangers who will uptake that number but nice to skin them for as much as possible.

In view of past embarassments, Hibs should be given around two weeks to sell their allocation and when they fall well short of 3,500, the balance should go on general sale.

Why should we lose out on revenue because they are hopeless.

Plaudits to you. Seem to remember you were a bit dismissive of some of us who thought this would happen rather than just hoped.

I expect it is seriously good news financially as well as others have suggested. With us having been relegated my pick is that we would have accounted for 8,000 sales maximum in the budget.

I'm extremely surprised. Last season was a call to arms; "if you can afford it, buy a season ticket to save the club." I didn't expect there to be so many on top of that this year.

It's great news, I love a full Tynecastle, I'm just baffled as to where they were last year.

Can we cut out all the back slappering going on, yes it's a great effort but where were these folk last year when we were on our death bed?

Easy to buy tickets when things are looking up but when it was shite where were all these folk? When it was announced that the game against st Mirren could be our last ever home game and we still couldn't sell it out?

So forgive me for not praising these folks to the hills, yes great effort from the fans but folk falling over themselves to celebrate flickle folk jumping into the bandwagon isn't for me.

Can we cut out all the back slappering going on, yes it's a great effort but where were these folk last year when we were on our death bed?

Easy to buy tickets when things are looking up but when it was shite where were all these folk? When it was announced that the game against st Mirren could be our last ever home game and we still couldn't sell it out?

So forgive me for not praising these folks to the hills, yes great effort from the fans but folk falling over themselves to celebrate flickle folk jumping into the bandwagon isn't for me.

I'm a bigger fan than you are!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Hot since 86

:lol: not everyone's life revolves around Hearts.

The Real Maroonblood

I'm extremely surprised. Last season was a call to arms; "if you can afford it, buy a season ticket to save the club." I didn't expect there to be so many on top of that this year.

It's great news, I love a full Tynecastle, I'm just baffled as to where they were last year.

The truth is out there somewhere.

The Real Maroonblood

They're just glory hunters and not uber fans.

Geoff Kilpatrick

:cornette:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I was always confident we'd hit 12k. People are making a valid point about why we never did so after last season's call to arms though. Here's my take on it for what it's worth:

See a lot of older Hearts supporters, forties and over, many of them that I know or speak to did not pledge, and didn't get involved in the big push. The guys I'm thinking about are colleagues and neighbours, or guys from pubs that I speak to. All have their own ideas and opinions on such things, but in general the reason seems to be a kind of attitude that they play their part by going to games, that has always been their part of the bargain, and they are sticking to that. It was club owners who got the club in the mess it was in, so why is it up to them to bail it out.

I understand this viewpoint, but do not share it. Rightly or wrongly, that is the feeling amongst many supporters that I know.

These same supporters are always more inclined to attend games when we have a good team that attracts them, rather than when we are struggling and need the numbers.

Just my tuppence worth.

The Treasurer

I know a fan who goes to most home games but just buys a ticket on a match to match basis (he had a good reason for doing this). However this season he has bought an ST for the first time in about 10 years.

I hope you don't mind too much if he jumps on the bandwagon

The Real Maroonblood

I know a fan who goes to most home games but just buys a ticket on a match to match basis (he had a good reason for doing this). However this season he has bought an ST for the first time in about 10 years.

I hope you don't mind too much if he jumps on the bandwagon

This needs approval from the Kickback police.

The St Mirren game you mention did sell out.

letsalldothebeattie

It's fantastic effort so far. To have smashed through 10k before Phase 1 was done was remarkable. Will be great to see Tynecastle so full for most if not all games next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that blows my argument out the water, I thought we did well but it wasn't a full sell out. Website says 16,443 which would be a sell out so I'm wrong. Any way I'll let others **** themselves stupid over new season ticket sales.

The Treasurer

Well that blows my argument out the water, I thought we did well but it wasn't a full sell out. Website says 16,443 which would be a sell out so I'm wrong. Any way I'll let others **** themselves stupid over new season ticket sales.

Only on JKB could someone find a reason to be negative about record ST sales

The Real Maroonblood

Only on JKB could someone find a reason to be negative about record ST sales

Sad but true.

Here is where I am....... Bought my season ticket for the first time in 4/5 years. In recent years I decided to pick and choose which games I go to, usually because of other commitments such as family, work, the fact my life doesn't revolve around Hearts and sometimes I just couldn't be bothered to go.

This season, I feel refreshed by the approach of the new regime and I'm delighted that we are going to be run properly again. I know I can turn up for games in confidence that Ann Budge didn't tell Neilson to pick Borat from Kazakstan just because he had a good season on Championship Manager.

I'm clearly not an uber fan like some on this thread but I have done my bit in attending the games that I can, buying strips, FOH subs, Fighting Fund events etc. When the club called me to stump up the cash, I might not have been as committed to the cause as some on here but I personally feel free of guilt that I did my bit to get us over the line.

I suspect that a lot of the people buying new season tickets fit into the category of regular walk up supporters who feel a wee bit reinvigourated this season and for one reason or another feel its time to come back.

How ironic

'Super Vlad' has a pop at fans ignoring the cause of the problem was his user name hero, who he lets off scot free.

Sums the guy up in a nutshell I guess

And the rest. The number of tickets sold for that game exceeded the capacity of the ground.

The People's Chimp

It is an interesting point; club on death's door and a rallying cry to save hearts with less tickets sold than this season in the championship. It just goes to show that a lot of people like a 'movement' to get behind ("the revival") but more importantly will get on board if they think we're going to win a lot of games.

This season, I feel refreshed by the approach of the new regime and I'm delighted that we are going to be run properly again. I know I can turn up for games in confidence that Ann Budge didn't tell Neilson to pick Borat from Kazakstan just because he had a good season on Championship Manager.

:wow:

Four folk in my family have got season tickets for the first time in about five years. They went to every home match last season but just couldn't afford the upfront cost of a season ticket. How dare they jump on the bandwagon now. Glory hunters.

Clerry Jambo

It is an interesting point; club on death's door and a rallying cry to save hearts with less tickets sold than this season in the championship. It just goes to show that a lot of people like a 'movement' to get behind ("the revival") but more importantly will get on board if they think we're going to win a lot of games.

:wow:

It's very possibly down to thinking we should win the majority of matches and score plenty goals, or maybe just they feel the club is now being run by Professional people who happen to be Hearts fans and that they can trust, instead of the previous imposters who took us to the abyss.

Getintaethem

The more people jumping on the bandwagon, the better. All aboard the Gorgie express!

The People's Chimp

It's very possibly down to thinking we should win the majority of matches and score plenty goals, or maybe just they feel the club is now being run by Professional people who happen to be Hearts fans and that they can trust, instead of the previous imposters who took us to the abyss.

The club wasn't being "run by impostors" last season. The club was in dire straits, and was being run by administrators who made it clear that without as much income as possible, the club would die.

Archived