New Season Tickets

dunciboyjambo

I can't remember the exact numbers but there were hundreds, the low hundreds, of tickets resold by the club for the first derby of last year .

200 at say even ?20 a pop, for 4 Cat A games is ?16k. Not an insignificant amount.

I thought those were just tickets handed back by the players that went on sale?

I don't still don't see it being a problem apart from hibs & rangers of us not having any seats for sale, most folk who can't use their season tickets for a game just hand it to a mate anyway. Last year I'm sure folk bought extra st to help the club out so I can't see there being many unused seats next year

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many have rangers sold?

Don't go talking about Rangers on a Hearts thread. You must know it annoys people :)

The last published number I can remember was 17k, less than half last season's total (if we believe they really sold 35k last season, surely lying to pretend they are still a big club, probably most were kids tickets to be used by cheating adults......sorry, I should really stop looking at losers.net!)

Presumably they have shifted more as that was a good month ago, although there was some dubiety about how 'real' the 17k figure was. I read a suggestion that someone on the board had bulk purchased 4k STs to boost the numbers they had to announce, on the basis that those STs would be released as further sales were made. That might be complete sh!te but I do recall reading that they had only sold 12-13k not long before they would have to make the announcement.

FarmerTweedy

That gets it said.

Edited to ask: Should ST holders be encouraged to release their seats back for home game they cannot attend?

Probably not encouraged as such, as that may feel to some people like they're being pressured into it, but I think the fact that it can be done should be publicised as much as possible.

FarmerTweedy

The club should defiantly look into this.... I think it would a great incentive to people who can't afford season tickets or can only travel to a handful of games.

How, exactly, would they do it defiantly?

King Of The Cat Cafe

Definitely worth considering, but need to think out the implications. No point in Hearts offering unused season ticket spaces for a small fee if that means they lose out on full price walk-up tickets.

Perhaps I am being greedy, but my thoughts were that any seats freed up should be offered at the same walk-up price. ;)

Wheatfield - 254

Gorgie - 128

Main - 183

Total - 565

Good to see that they are still selling, even if it is at a rate of about 35 per day. There are now not that many sets of two tickets outwith the Wheatfield and a couple lower Gorgie, which you would think may preclude parent-child tickets and possibly even two mates that want to sit together. I would imagine that once those few have gone and there are only single seats left there will be a release of a Cat B ST.

The Treasurer

Good to see that they are still selling, even if it is at a rate of about 35 per day. There are now not that many sets of two tickets outwith the Wheatfield and a couple lower Gorgie, which you would think may preclude parent-child tickets and possibly even two mates that want to sit together. I would imagine that once those few have gone and there are only single seats left there will be a release of a Cat B ST.

Not ITK but I just have a feeling that the Roseburn (ie Cat b ) will be kept purely for walk ups.

Some people for various reasons will not buy an ST but will want to go to a few games. If they are unable to buy a ticket on a one off basis then some of these fans could be lost to the club in future. Also ST holders may want to bring someone along (family or friend from abroad etc) and will want to get tickets together and the only place to do that could be the Roseburn

Maybe the club could contact fans ask them to move 1 seat to left or right - to help turn the single seats into pairs, making them easier to sell.

The Real Maroonblood

Maybe the club could contact fans ask them to move 1 seat to left or right - to help turn the single seats into pairs, making them easier to sell.

That seems fair enough.

Dagger Is Back

I thought those were just tickets handed back by the players that went on sale?

I don't still don't see it being a problem apart from hibs & rangers of us not having any seats for sale, most folk who can't use their season tickets for a game just hand it to a mate anyway. Last year I'm sure folk bought extra st to help the club out so I can't see there being many unused seats next year

Nope that was tickets handed back by fans who couldn't go.

The Treasurer

I've had same seat since the Wheatfield opened and I'm not shifting for any bandwagon jumping, glory hunter :veryangry2:

Jambo 4 Ever

I've had same seat since the Wheatfield opened and I'm not shifting for any bandwagon jumping, glory hunter :veryangry2:

even if it makes it easier to sell and in turn bring more money into the club? I'm guessing it would be only 1 seat along....

The Treasurer

even if it makes it easier to sell and in turn bring more money into the club? I'm guessing it would be only 1 seat along....

We shall not, we shall not be moved, not by the h1bs, the sellik or the glory hunters, we shall not be moved

Besides, my seat has my name on it. :bucktooth:

davemclaren

We shall not, we shall not be moved, not by the h1bs, the sellik or the glory hunters, we shall not be moved

Besides, my seat has my name on it. :bucktooth:

The Treasurer?

All roads lead to Gorgie

If that happened to me and I moved to the left I would be sitting on the stairs and if it went the other way someone would be pushed onto the stairs at the other end. I don't think that would work unless there was a spare seat at either end of a row and remember end seats are popular for ease of access.

Do The Dance

and remember end seats are popular for ease of access.

For sneaking out at half time.

King Of The Cat Cafe

If I move one seat left or right I will be in someone's lap.

However if some supporter of the female persuasion wants to shift into my lap, we will see just how hard things get.

Dalstonjambo

If that happened to me and I moved to the left I would be sitting on the stairs and if it went the other way someone would be pushed onto the stairs at the other end. I don't think that would work unless there was a spare seat at either end of a row and remember end seats are popular for ease of access.

As someone that needs to get the last train to London from Haymarket at 5.15 every saturday i can confirm the end of row seat is crucial for me.

Back to 2005

As someone that needs to get the last train to London from Haymarket at 5.15 every saturday i can confirm the end of row seat is crucial for me.

That must be pretty tight some weeks. There was a couple of games last season that went on to almost 5.00.

Back to 2005

Double post.

Dalstonjambo

That must be pretty tight some weeks. There was a couple of games last season that went on to almost 5.00.

Yep. You'll often see me running up the road!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marooned In Oz

I can't remember the exact numbers but there were hundreds, the low hundreds, of tickets resold by the club for the first derby of last year .

200 at say even ?20 a pop, for 4 Cat A games is ?16k. Not an insignificant amount.

Could incentivise this by allocating loyalty points to supporters who successfully get their tickets resold

Tommy Wiseau

Could incentivise this by allocating loyalty points to supporters who successfully get their tickets resold

That's a good idea. Make it happen, Mrs Budge.

The Treasurer

So you want to give extra loyalty points to people for NOT attending matches ????

Bertie. 178

Gorgie 114

Wheatfield 228

Total Left 520

That's pretty good, last dot count I saw was about 150 above that

scott herbertson

I expect we will sell a few more tonight to people buying man city tickets

fabienleclerq

Defeating the purpose of the loyalty point system a bit though. I see your point just think it's almost buying points.

Footballfirst

Bertie. 178

Gorgie 114

Wheatfield 228

Total Left 520

I make the Wheatfield count 10 higher at 238.

Marooned In Oz

So you want to give extra loyalty points to people for NOT attending matches ????

Surely if you pay for your seat then you've already done your bit? If it would mean more people would allow their seats for resale which would in turn mean more money for the club what is the problem?

I am hoping that 2 people will be prepared to move one seat along, we have seats 3 and 6 Sec B row 4 just need seats 4 & 5 to move along one each, surely not too much to ask, not glory hunting, moving from one stand to another

I make the Wheatfield count 10 higher at 238.

Wheatfield.

A 39

B 58

C 22

D 4

E 28

F 48

G 29

Footballfirst

Just done a fresh count which is closer to yours, but the difference isn't worth arguing about. :builder2: .

Wheatfield.

A 39 - 41

B 58 - 58

C 22 - 21

D 4 - 4

E 28 - 30

F 48 - 50

G 29 -30

228 - 234

Last time we went down we averaged 5,157 in the second tier rising to 5,912 for the promotion season

Wheatfield 147

Gorgie 136

Bertie 172

Total Dots Left 455.

We must have sold over 12 thousand now.

kingantti1874

Wheatfield 147

Gorgie 136

Bertie 172

Total Dots Left 455.

We must have sold over 12 thousand now.

Yep. Only 455 seats left for sale we defo have

Footballfirst

Wheatfield 147

It's a bit more than that

A - 40

B - 52

C - 21

D - 6

E - 28

F - 46

G - 28

Tot - 221

Gorgie - 108

Main - 168

Total 497

I make it

Gorgie 104

Main 150

Wheatfield 217

tot 471

your dot count will be correct i made a mistake with my earlier dot count i left out section F In the Wheatfield Clerry will no be happy.

All roads lead to Gorgie

For sneaking out at half time.

No for getting to the pie queue first. To pre-empt any fat jokes I AM built for speed.

Does this mean that unless the School End is opened to Hearts, there's less than 500 briefs available ( notwithstanding the corporate seats) . If so, that's quite mental.

Does this mean that unless the School End is opened to Hearts, there's less than 500 briefs available ( notwithstanding the corporate seats) . If so, that's quite mental.

YES

Clerry Jambo

Right, git this thread back to facts!!

Wheatfield: 222

Gorgie: 104

Bertie: 160

Total: 486

scott herbertson

Right, git this thread back to facts!!

Wheatfield: 222

Gorgie: 104

Bertie: 160

Total: 486

lol _ I must have missed some in the wheatfield and I think I counted the N and T in the main then forgot about them

Best leave it to the professionals...

Clerry Jambo

lol _ I must have missed some in the wheatfield and I think I counted the N and T in the main then forgot about them

Best leave it to the professionals...

:indeed:

Five to One

This is quite staggering. Shows how much potential the club has as I think it just scratches the surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived