Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

[emoji1]It was excellent eh! It's got some top scrapping but that was a belter with Proctors bodyguard and the Native American lass! Btw his niece looks better every series too! Some funny shit going on between them now as well :muggy:

The big fat dude met a pretty funny ending too[emoji1]

Banshee is class.

Best thing on tv at the moment, possibly ever. That fight was ****ing brutal and brilliant.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just watched Episode 1 of season 3 Vikings it was it's usual good entertaining show. Interesting to see where they are gonna go with this season.

Im going to sound dumb as F** hell but

why was one of the main characters killed at the end of series 2?You know Ragmars friend?

• 2 weeks later...
Say What Again

Vikings season 3 is off to a cracking start.

No surprise really as in IMO, along with GoT, it's the best thing on TV just now.

I haven't started House of Cards yet so I'm not counting that.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. About a girl who was kidnapped and put in a bunker with 3 woman and a religious nut played by the boy from Mad Men and told the raptures happened. They were rescued after 15 years and she moves to New York moves in with a black gay man. Its stupid at points but enjoyable with a few recognisable cast and created by Tina Fey.

Edited by Grado

Randle P McMurphy

Just watched the first series of Bosch. Flawed cop from the Michael Connolly books. Highly recommended

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

...a bit disco

Gave 12 Monkeys a second chance.

It's actually not too bad.

Gave 12 Monkeys a second chance.

It's actually not too bad.

Really enjoying 12 monkeys.

The unbreakable kimmy Schmidt is pretty funny. If you liked 30 Rock you will like this.

• 4 weeks later...
weststand93

Gutted that The Mentalist has finished. A really good show 7 years of my life in watching that show. Will be missed.

Carl Fredrickson

Just finished Bates Motel. Really enjoyed it. It has a few twists that I didnt see coming.

Also recently watched Houdini a 2 part show about Harry Houdini (on Netflix). Another enjoyable watch. 

Got to catch up with Better Call Saul but after that it will be checking this thread for recommendations

Just finished Bates Motel. Really enjoyed it. It has a few twists that I didnt see coming.

Also recently watched Houdini a 2 part show about Harry Houdini (on Netflix). Another enjoyable watch. 

Got to catch up with Better Call Saul but after that it will be checking this thread for recommendations

New series of bates is really decent too

The crazy ones. It stars Robin Williams, Sarah Michelle Geller and Robert from everybody loves Raymond. It was Williams last tv role and he was really funny as a recovering alcoholic who runs his own ad agency. The episode he goes on about his hatred of Australia is funny.

Finished season 1 of Newsroom. Pretty good. Bought season 2. Looking to start tonight.

If you're a Sorkin fan you'll love it. Slipped under the radar a wee bit, but its brilliant.

Say What Again

Walking Dead and Better Call Saul are finished. Vikings and Fortitude are nearly finished, so I'll be on the look out for something else to watch (along with GoT).

Anybody watching Bloodline?

Watched the first episode of Daredevil on netflix its alright.

Outlander on Amazon is good as well though the over the top Scottish accents can be nippy. It doesn't half make the red coats to be a bit rapey in it.

Edited by Grado

invernessjt

Walking Dead and Better Call Saul are finished. Vikings and Fortitude are nearly finished, so I'll be on the look out for something else to watch (along with GoT).

Anybody watching Bloodline?

Bloodline's worth a watch. Really enjoyed it.

Bloodline's worth a watch. Really enjoyed it.

Was staying at the place when they filmed it last summer. One of the beach scenes was ruined by my son doing a 5-1 behind a palm tree. Begged the crew to keep it in.

Quite enjoyed the first season of Fargo. Thought I'd watch it as I enjoyed the film and was pleasantly surprised that the story line is completely different.

Since I accidentally stumbled across Forbrydelsen (The Killing - original Danish version) a few years ago on BBC 4, I've ended up watching a lot more shows which are subtitled and most of them are really good. As had already been mentioned Gomorrah was excellent. Another Mafia show that's not really that well known but which was really good was Romanzo Criminale. Well worth a watch it's set in the late 70s and early 80s.

Spiral (French crime drama) is excellent and definitely worth a watch. Latest series had quite a big shock in it.

The Scandinavian shows are superb. Definitely would recommend Borgen, The Bridge and Arne Dahl. All top quality shows.

I'm currently watch 1992 which is another Italian show on Sky Arts about 6 people whose lives interact during 1992. Doesn't sound that good but it's gripping.

Edited by dougal

Pino Grigio

Fargo

Orange Is The New Black

The Office

Sons of Anarchy

(Yes.  Netflix is my life)

My favourite show has to be Hannibal though - cannot recommend more.

Riddley Walker

Since I accidentally stumbled across Forbrydelsen (The Killing - original Danish version) a few years ago on BBC 4, I've ended up watching a lot more shows which are subtitled and most of them are really good. As had already been mentioned Gomorrah was excellent. Another Mafia show that's not really that well known but which was really good was Romanzo Criminale. Well worth a watch it's set in the late 70s and early 80s.

Spiral (French crime drama) is excellent and definitely worth a watch. Latest series had quite a big shock in it.

The Scandinavian shows are superb. Definitely would recommend Borgen, The Bridge and Arne Dahl. All top quality shows.

I'm currently watch 1992 which is another Italian show on Sky Arts about 6 people whose lives interact during 1992. Doesn't sound that good but it's gripping.

Agree with Borgen, a mature version of The West Wing without Sorkin's nippy touches.

Spartacus

Justified

Really liking Justified, Vastly underrated show.

Last ever episode of Justified is broadcast in the states tonight. The last series has been a spectacular return to form, the trio of Timothy Olyphant, Walton Goggins and Jere Burns are three of the most enjoyable TV characters I've ever had the pleasure to watch. Personal hopes for the ending in spoiler tag below, don't read if you want to know what characters are still going at the end of the penultimate episode!

I've no idea how it is going to pan out, but I'm still hoping for Wynn Duffy walking off into the sunset with the money and Raylan bucking the trend of main protagonists dying in my favourite show and making it out of Harlan alive.

Edited by Terry Tate

Last ever episode of Justified is broadcast in the states tonight. The last series has been a spectacular return to form, the trio of Timothy Olyphant, Walton Goggins and Jere Burns are three of the most enjoyable TV characters I've ever had the pleasure to watch. Personal hopes for the ending in spoiler tag below, don't read if you want to know what characters are still going at the end of the penultimate episode!

I've no idea how it is going to pan out, but I'm still hoping for Wynn Duffy walking off into the sunset with the money and Raylan bucking the trend of main protagonists dying in my favourite show and making it out of Harlan alive.

was really gutted when Dewey Crowe bought it

Jimmy McNulty

I have only watched up to the end of season 4, so am waiting for last 2 seaons on on-demand or TV...

I have only watched up to the end of season 4, so am waiting for last 2 seaons on on-demand or TV...

Series 5 is a bit of a misstep (still enjoyable enough though) but the last series is back to being fantastic. Think the finale may be my favourite last episode of any TV series ever. 

jambo-fletch

I don't tend to watch many tv series, I've seen the sopranos, the wire and breaking bad and loved all three of them. Can anyone recommend a series that is up there with the series I have seen? ( I realise I have set the pretty high bar haha)

Say What Again

Anyone planning on checking out The Jinx on Sky Atlantic tonight? I think I'll check it out. Looks something different.

I don't tend to watch many tv series, I've seen the sopranos, the wire and breaking bad and loved all three of them. Can anyone recommend a series that is up there with the series I have seen? ( I realise I have set the pretty high bar haha)

That bar is indeed set high, based on those three, have you watched Deadwood? 

Say What Again

That bar is indeed set high, based on those three, have you watched Deadwood?

One of my all time favourites and certainly deserves to be ranked Beside those shows mentioned (as does Oz) but be warned it comes to a pretty unsatisfactory end.

My he writers planned a fourth and final season to bring it to a conclusion, but it was binned after three. I'm still gutted about that. I loved it.

jambo-fletch

One of my all time favourites and certainly deserves to be ranked Beside those shows mentioned (as does Oz) but be warned it comes to a pretty unsatisfactory end.

My he writers planned a fourth and final season to bring it to a conclusion, but it was binned after three. I'm still gutted about that. I loved it.

I've not actually heard a lot about deadwood, but looking it up now it looks like i'd enjoy it! I've heard Oz is meant to be quite good, is it true it's got a lot of actors from the wire in it?

Say What Again

Lots of actors appear in both, but the main ones I remember are the two police chiefs, (Rawls and Cedric Daniels), and Herc, and Bodie all have reasonably big roles in Oz.

Like I said above, I totally loved Deadwood. I watched 3 seasons in about a week - then it just ended as it was all coming to a climax. I actually thought I must be missing the 4th season from the DVD box set, then someone here broke the news to me that they pulled the final season for declining viewing figures.

It's my biggest TV show disappointment of all time (the fact it didn't 'end' - not the show itself). I needed to know what happened! :(

Edited by Say What Again

jambo-fletch

Lots of actors appear in both, but the main ones I remember are the two police chiefs, (Rawls and Cedric Daniels), and Herc, and Bodie all have reasonably big roles in Oz.

Like I said above, I totally loved Deadwood. I watched 3 seasons in about a week - then it just ended as it was all coming to a climax. I actually thought I must be missing the 4th season from the DVD box set, then someone here broke the news to me that they pulled the final season for declining viewing figures.

It's my biggest TV show disappointment of all time (the fact it didn't 'end' - not the show itself). I needed to know what happened! :(

Ah that's quite cool I shall check them both out! Yeah that does sound a shame actually, I remember I was initially disappointed with the sopranos ending, but looking back I think the ending was fitting for the show, as was breaking bad and the wire!

• 3 weeks later...
Say What Again

And I've just realised the main bad guy was Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket.

I just watched episode 3, where he appears right at the end. It was annoying me where I recognised him from and went straight to IMDb to find out. Only then did I remember I'd read it here.

I agree with your other post too. It's much better than I thought it would be. In fact, I wouldn't have watched it at all had it not been for folks saying it was pretty decent, as I expected something like Arrow.

Have you (or anyone else) watched the whole first season yet? Is it pretty good all the way through?

Muppetboy

Started watching The Following last night. 4 episodes in and it's pretty enjoyable so far.

Personally I really like it, three seasons in and it still holds my attention. Can't see much more longevity in it though

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series