Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Carl Fredrickson

Watched series 1 of In The Line Of Duty and really enjoyed it. Halfway through s2 and though a different case, still holds the attention. 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watched Wahlburgers a reality show based on Mark and Donnie Wahlbergs family run burger joint. Its mostly Mark Donnie their mum and brother Paul. Though the best episodes feature the real Johnny Drama and Nacho who Turtle in Entourage is loosely based on.

Watching America the history of us. Narrated by Leiv Schreiber it takes you from the pilgrims landing to modern day. Mixed with acting and narrating its interesting.

Edited by Grado

So gave the Killing a shot on Netflix and I have to say I was hooked, very enjoyable first series, I assumed it would be a different case each season, but it's carried onto season 2 and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Ill obviously start 2 but I think I might get bored as its getting dragged on too far for me.

Should have watched the original.

Good to see someone who would never normally watch a subtitled show giving it a chance . There are some great foreign-language shows out there. After a while you forget you're even reading subtitles - doesn't detract from the enjoyment at all for me.

I recommend The Bridge (Broen), The Killing (Forbrydelsen), Spiral (Engrenages), Braquo and Generation War.

Generation war was fantastic

Watched series 1 of In The Line Of Duty and really enjoyed it. Halfway through s2 and though a different case, still holds the attention. 

This is  a terrific series and Keeley Hawes is outstanding in the lead role. She plays the complex role very well and leaves the viewer unsure if she is a villain or not. ?

For horror fans out there " American Horror story" is brilliant. Its an anthology series. For each series there is a different setting with different characters. Series one is set in a creepy house. 2 is set in an asylum 3 is about witches and 4 is in a freak show. Its bizarre and funny at times but is definitely a horror. Jessica Lange is brilliant in this as well as many other fine actors.

Banshee. Just watched episode 3 of season 3. By far the best and most brutal fight scene in any tv show.

agreed. I'll never look at the Spirit Of Ecstasy in the same light again

Book Of Negroes is good after 3 episodes.

Banshee. Just watched episode 3 of season 3. By far the best and most brutal fight scene in any tv show.

Just started to watch this last week,brilliant stuff,heard Crisis was really good as well.

For horror fans out there " American Horror story" is brilliant. Its an anthology series. For each series there is a different setting with different characters. Series one is set in a creepy house. 2 is set in an asylum 3 is about witches and 4 is in a freak show. Its bizarre and funny at times but is definitely a horror. Jessica Lange is brilliant in this as well as many other fine actors.

The wee minx in the first series made my legs go wobbly,I'm a big boobs lover but she is drop dead sexy.

jack D and coke

[emoji1]It was excellent eh! It's got some top scrapping but that was a belter with Proctors bodyguard and the Native American lass! Btw his niece looks better every series too! Some funny shit going on between them now as well :muggy:

The big fat dude met a pretty funny ending too[emoji1]

Banshee is class.

Just finished the first series of True Detective; it's brilliant!!

Harrelson and McConaughey are phenomenal together!

Yup absolutely fantastic, hate myself for loving something with mconaughy but fair play the boy can act

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Say What Again

Has anyone watched any of the Amazon Prime pilots? I think the premise is the one with the best audience feedback gets to be their new 'exclusive' show.

The Man in the High Castle looks pretty good. I've got a few shows to finish off first, but I'll get round to it.

Review:

The Man in the High Castle is the best of this round of Amazon pilots, hands down. Based on Phillip K. Dick's alternate-history novel (which I haven't read so I can't compare the two) and produced by Ridley Scott, it has a fantastic premise?what if the Axis powers won World War II and took over the U.S.??and immediately begins asking questions you weren't even ready to ask. It's 1962 and Japan controls the West Coast, Germany controls the East, and American law enforcement wears swastikas; it's equally unsettling and brilliant. And looks-wise, the pilot isBlade Runner'd to the hilt, forging a blend of science-fiction and film noir that's both appropriate and staggering. The episode clearly trusts its viewers' intelligence, and moves forward at a pace that dares the audience to hang on for the ride while forgoing exposition (something I presume fans of the book will appreciate) so that the pieces fall into place slowly. There aren't any big-name actors in the cast, but that works to the show's advantage. Vote this up, we need to see more of The Man in the High Castle ASAP. 

scott herbertson

Can't imagine The man in the High Castle asa series, never mind a film. Mind you who would have though Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (my favourite title of all time) or "We can remember it for you wholesale" would have been turned into modern blockbusters?

Craig Herbertson

Can't imagine The man in the High Castle asa series, never mind a film. Mind you who would have though Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (my favourite title of all time) or "We can remember it for you wholesale" would have been turned into modern blockbusters?

P K Dick was amazing really:

films or television series based on Philip K. Dick material.

"Impostor" 1953 Short story Impostor 2002    

"Second Variety" 1953 Short story Screamers

Screamers: The Hunting 1995

2009       "Paycheck" 1953 Short story Paycheck 2003      

"The Golden Man" 1954 Short story Next 2007      

"Adjustment Team" 1954 Short story The Adjustment Bureau 2011      

"The Minority Report" 1956 Short story Minority Report 2002      

The Man in the High Castle 1962 Novel ? ?       "We Can Remember It for You Wholesale" 1966 Short story Total Recall

Total Recall 1990

2012       Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? 1968 Novel Blade Runner 1982

Confessions of a Crap Artist 1975 Novel Confessions d'un Barjo 1992      

Radio Free Albemuth 1976 Novel Radio Free Albemuth 2008       A Scanner Darkly

1977 Novel A Scanner Darkly 2006      

Edited by Craig Herbertson

Downloaded Kingdom today meant to be really good.Is about MMA fighting and stars Frank Grillo as the trainer.

I watched the first couple when they were aired, but haven't seen the rest as had things going on. Thought it was very watchable.

Carl Fredrickson

The wife and I are recording the second series of Broadchurch and will watch all of it over a few nights.

In the meantime we are watching Brooklyn Nine Nine and Parks & Recreation. Both light and amusing U.S. comedies that we are both enjoying

I've started watching Marco Polo tonight. It's a bit rubbish but in a kind of addictive way.

I think I managed two episodes and then gave up. Looked promising as well

I bought Spiral (Seasons 1-4) off Amazon and nearly finished the first season. Its superb. Got hold of season 5 as well. 

Quite enjoying Misfits on Netflix, originally on E4. The first 2 series are excellent although it does go down hill a bit after that due to cast departures.

Once the Irish dude left, it was nowhere near as good.

Watching Lilyhammer and Fargo at the moment, both enjoyable, both a bit far fetched especially Lilyhammer.

Lilyhammer was a tongue in cheek mafia spoof but thoroughly entertaining. Torgeir is one of my favourite characters ever.

Just started The Killing (American version there may be another,not sure) and thought it started quite well. Anybody watched it right through?

Lilyhammer was a tongue in cheek mafia spoof but thoroughly entertaining. Torgeir is one of my favourite characters ever.

Just started The Killing (American version there may be another,not sure) and thought it started quite well. Anybody watched it right through?

Another version of The Killing? The original, Danish one is superb.

Carl Fredrickson

I (so far) have only watched the US version of The Killing and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to watching the Danish version at some point

" Orange is the new black" is terrific. Funny but also moving and dramatic at other times. Very well acted too.

Darth Sidious

This Canadian show on Netflix, DarkNet, quite good but think it only ran for 1 season.  Tales of the Unexpected type of thing.  Banshee is brilliant but saving up Season 3.

Rudolf's Mate

Not sure if it's a series, but The Casual Vacancy is a very easy show to watch

I didn't get beyond the first episode. Thought it was utter tripe though the end did have me intrigued on what would happen next. Not enough to watch the 2nd episode though.

God knows when the second season of the French version is back

From what I gather, production is just being wrapped up and its due out later this year. :)

From what I gather, production is just being wrapped up and its due out later this year. :)

Not usually one for foreign drama but this show was cracking. Good news it's back soon

Say What Again

Black Sails season 2 has been brilliant so far just watched the first two and will probably watch the next 3 today.

I'll definitely be watching that, but I may wait until the season is complete, or at least nearly.

Just finished off The Blacklist and Fargo, as well as watching Fortitude, Walking Dead and Better Call Saul. With Vikings back tonight, that's more than enough for me! I'm usually one show at a time, plus Match of the Day.

Black Sails season 2 has been brilliant so far just watched the first two and will probably watch the next 3 today.

Its been better this season even with the cast change.

I'd forgotten this was starting. That is at least some of my weekend planned now then. 

Just watched Episode 1 of season 3 Vikings it was it's usual good entertaining show. Interesting to see where they are gonna go with this season.

Edited by Grado

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series