To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight

Craigieboy

JamboAndrew
7 hours ago, leginten said:

To be fair, it’s sometimes hard to know when Hibs are celebrating. I was once present while they were having a Relegation Party. There was no dancing or anything. And then they once had a League Cup celebration, but it was all a bit quiet and a lot of them just left.

And I heard they won something else too but their fans just started attacking people and wrecking stuff?

They seem to do things differently in Lochend.

Haha. Reading this brightened my morning.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• maroonlegions

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, DS98 said:

Whilst having a nice wee laugh to myself looking over the road, there seems to be a common theme that always pops up about 2012. Just about every one of them seem to think there were mitigating circumstances. That it doesn’t count because we apparently had this team of gelactico superstars that we couldn’t afford. 

Let’s put this to bed.

McDonald - academy player 

McGowan- academy player

Grainger - Bosman from St Johnston

Zaliukas- was an unknown Lithuanian when we signed him.

Webster- We signed him as a teenager from Arbroath then re signed on a free.

Driver - academy player 

Barr - Bosman from Falkirk

Black - Bosman from ICT

Suso- unknown journeyman from Spain’s lower leagues 

Skacel- Aye fair enough. He would’ve been on a wedge but worth every poppy. 
Elliot- Journeyman from English lower leagues.

Fact is, that team wasn’t full of international quality with champs league and Euro winners like 06. It was a team of good honest pros with one diamond and we thoroughly destroyed them. FTH. 

And the fact that their squad that day carried a bigger wage bill than ours.   It's easy to make an argument when you leave out the facts!!

16 hours ago, leginten said:

To be fair, it’s sometimes hard to know when Hibs are celebrating. I was once present while they were having a Relegation Party. There was no dancing or anything. And then they once had a League Cup celebration, but it was all a bit quiet and a lot of them just left.

And I heard they won something else too but their fans just started attacking people and wrecking stuff?

They seem to do things differently in Lochend.

Good to see you said lochend instead of Leith.

I know most of the 'Leith' slagging is just banter, but sometimes it 'gets on my wick !'  Being a 'Leither !'

I think some of our supporters don't realise just how many of our fans come from Leith.

There's a lot of us.

(Rant over ! )😀

31 minutes ago, bairdy said:

I know most of the 'Leith' slagging is just banter, but sometimes it 'gets on my wick !'  Being a 'Leither !'

I think some of our supporters don't realise just how many of our fans come from Leith.

There's a lot of us.

(Rant over ! )😀

I used to live on Easter Road :lol:

Thankfully it was at the very bottom and not too near to the stadium, but was still a bit of a :vrface: moment!

35 minutes ago, bairdy said:

There's a lot of us.

(Rant over ! )😀

Seems to be more Lochend now.

I lived in Leith in the 80's so, as a one time Leith Jambo, have never used it as an insult.

I did once call Hibs the Abbeyhillbillies but I was born and brought up there so felt I was entitled. 😊

Montgomery Brewster
On 24/05/2021 at 15:34, DS98 said:

Whilst having a nice wee laugh to myself looking over the road, there seems to be a common theme that always pops up about 2012. Just about every one of them seem to think there were mitigating circumstances. That it doesn’t count because we apparently had this team of gelactico superstars that we couldn’t afford. 

Let’s put this to bed.

McDonald - academy player 

McGowan- academy player

Grainger - Bosman from St Johnston

Zaliukas- was an unknown Lithuanian when we signed him.

Webster- We signed him as a teenager from Arbroath then re signed on a free.

Driver - academy player 

Barr - Bosman from Falkirk

Black - Bosman from ICT

Suso- unknown journeyman from Spain’s lower leagues 

Skacel- Aye fair enough. He would’ve been on a wedge but worth every poppy. 
Elliot- Journeyman from English lower leagues.

Fact is, that team wasn’t full of international quality with champs league and Euro winners like 06. It was a team of good honest pros with one diamond and we thoroughly destroyed them. FTH. 

This should be pinned with a note for all the vermin inbred halfwits to read when they come here. 

and a F T H for good measure 

8 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

This should be pinned with a note for all the vermin inbred halfwits to read when they come here. 

and a F T H for good measure 

Agreed.

Also the post suggesting the £100k+ that Hibs gladly forfeited to St. Johnstone last year may have made the difference last Saturday.

14 hours ago, martoon said:

Seems to be more Lochend now.

I lived in Leith in the 80's so, as a one time Leith Jambo, have never used it as an insult.

I did once call Hibs the Abbeyhillbillies but I was born and brought up there so felt I was entitled. 😊

"Abbeyhillbillies" 😂😂😂😂

SectionDJambo
10 hours ago, martoon said:

Agreed.

Also the post suggesting the £100k+ that Hibs gladly forfeited to St. Johnstone last year may have made the difference last Saturday.

I forgot about that one. It would be even sweeter if their mirth at what was done to us cost made even the slightest difference in both cups.

I see that Ron wants a trial of drinking alcohol during games at Easter Road to "enhance the matchday experience". They're bad enough sober. Maybe he is looking for the exuberance that his team can't provide.

24 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I forgot about that one. It would be even sweeter if their mirth at what was done to us cost made even the slightest difference in both cups.

I see that Ron wants a trial of drinking alcohol during games at Easter Road to "enhance the matchday experience". They're bad enough sober. Maybe he is looking for the exuberance that his team can't provide.

I like to think that £100k tilted both cup away from them and to St. J. Nice wee bit of karma.

Some are desperately trying to be exuberant at the "glory" of 3rd and a stint in the Conference qualifiers that will be over by August but we all know differently.

Three soul destroying Hampden defeats and, by their own admission, no flair and swashbuckling does not make a great season. 

And next season their nemesis, the tree trunk sized thorn in their side, the reason why most are in a perpetual state of frenetic hatred and fear, are back, full time, in their already miserable existence:

The Hearts. :flagwave:

bajthejambo

I hadn't paid much attention to the European positions, but had been assured by those who follow them that they were guaranteed group stages regardless. Am I to believe that isn't actually the case?

Smoked-Glass
23 minutes ago, martoon said:

I like to think that £100k tilted both cup away from them and to St. J. Nice wee bit of karma.

Some are desperately trying to be exuberant at the "glory" of 3rd and a stint in the Conference qualifiers that will be over by August but we all know differently.

Three soul destroying Hampden defeats and, by their own admission, no flair and swashbuckling does not make a great season. 

And next season their nemesis, the tree trunk sized thorn in their side, the reason why most are in a perpetual state of frenetic hatred and fear, are back, full time, in their already miserable existence:

Can smell the fear

SectionDJambo
50 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

I hadn't paid much attention to the European positions, but had been assured by those who follow them that they were guaranteed group stages regardless. Am I to believe that isn't actually the case?

According to the UEFA site, I read it as being that Hibs and Aberdeen enter at the 2nd Qualifying round. They still have to negotiate 2 further rounds to make the group stages if they survive Q2.

52 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Can smell the fear

Pop over to dotnut, S-G  and you can read it, too. 😊

1 hour ago, bajthejambo said:

17 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

According to the UEFA site, I read it as being that Hibs and Aberdeen enter at the 2nd Qualifying round. They still have to negotiate 2 further rounds to make the group stages if they survive Q2.

That's right. 

Three 2 legged ties to get to the group stage of the Conference. 

Highly unlikely and miles from being "straight intae the group stage".

The ripples from that Cup defeat continue.

JamboAndrew

Nicked from Scum.net of who they could play.

Dynamo Brest (Belarus)
Dunajska Streda (Slovakia)
Winners of match involving FH (Iceland)
FC Ashdod (Israel)
Winners of match involving Sutjeska (Montenegro)
Valerenga (Norway)
BK Hacken (Sweden)
IF Elfsborg (Sweden)
Lokomotiv Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
Winners of match involving Europa (Gibraltar)
Winners of match involving Liepaja (Latvia)
Winners of match involving Hibernians (Malta)
Winners of match involving FCI Levadia Tallinn (Estonia)
Winners of match involving Drita (Kosovo)
Kesla (Azerbaijan)
Sumgayit (Azerbaijan)
Winners of match involving La Fiorita (San Marino)
Winners of match involving Stjarnan (Iceland)
Tobol (Kazakhstan)
Shakhter Karagandy (Kazakhstan)
Winners of match involving Puskas Academia (Hungary)
Winners of match involving Ujpest (Hungary)
Torpedo Zhodino (Belarus
Rakow Czestochowa (Poland)
Pogon Szczecin (Poland)

Winners of the Swedish Cup
Arda/Cherno More (Bulgaria)
10 Winners from the first qualifying round

Edited by JamboAndrew

Smoked-Glass

Europe really isn't much fun anymore and I mean that for everyone. 

Stuttgart,  Bordeaux,  Braga, Basel, then much later Liverpool is the last time it was good. 

8 hours ago, martoon said:

Poetry

Edited by Rods
spelling

Montgomery Brewster
20 hours ago, martoon said:

Agreed.

😁

JamboFever
On 24/05/2021 at 16:59, Smithee said:

I don't remember a single one talking about their inferior squad before our cup final, and anyway, weren't McPake, Doherty, Soares, Claros and Griffiths, 5 players from their starting 11, all on loan at the time, not to mention O'Connor who was giving them a freebie?

The image of O'Connor giving anyone a freebie is frankly terrifying.  Hope he moisturises at least.

Armageddon
On 23/05/2021 at 12:13, Jamhammer said:

Today’s the day to resurrect this classic 

What an accent 🤦🏻‍♂️ isn’t that the boy from the barbers off Coburn Street, used to see him sitting with his feet up 20 hours a day on his phone or on the roulette machines at the old Ladbrokes the other 4 hours…… eh 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Armageddon

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

What an accent 🤦🏻‍♂️ isn’t that the boy from the barbers off Coburn Street, used to see him sitting with his feet up 20 hours a day on his phone or on the roulette machines at the old Ladbrokes the other 4 hours…… eh 🤣🤣🤣

That’s the first time I've ever smiled at a Limmy sketch. Didn’t laugh or anything, but smiled.

Never thought even that would happen. 😊

Can't believe it's only 5 days since that farce of a Hibs performance at Hampden in the Cup final, which they've won once in 120 years, that could have won them a Europa League place, a major trophy, feelgood factor, bragging rights...

5 days.

Unbelievable.

4 hours ago, martoon said:

That’s the first time I've ever smiled at a Limmy sketch. Didn’t laugh or anything, but smiled.

Never thought even that would happen. 😊

I got 23 seconds in. Probably 20 seconds longer than I should have given it......

57 minutes ago, martoon said:

Can't believe it's only 5 days since that farce of a Hibs performance at Hampden in the Cup final, which they've won once in 120 years, that could have won them a Europa League place, a major trophy, feelgood factor, bragging rights...

5 days.

Unbelievable.

I’m still smiling even though the extended family hate my guts. 

:verysmug:

Jamstomorrow
8 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Lesson seems to be, NEVER tamper with a Weegie Board!  You end uptalking like that!!

4 hours ago, goldie83 said:

I got 23 seconds in. Probably 20 seconds longer than I should have given it......

I'm just amazed I "got it".

It wasn't funny, I didn't laugh, but for the first time ever I actually understood what the joke was.

The various dancing Tina Turner's, all him, wtf was the joke? 

Edited by martoon

1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Lesson seems to be, NEVER tamper with a Weegie Board!  You end uptalking like that!!

I thought adding 'eh?' to the end of every sentence was an Edinburgh thing. 

First time I heard it was in the mid 90's when a teenage lad randomly spoke to me:

"I was doon the pub, eh, I had a pint, eh, I threw up later, eh".

I thought there was something wrong with the wee dude. 😀

3 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

I’m still smiling even though the extended family hate my guts. 

:verysmug:

😊

I've fallen out with every Hibby I've ever met.

Of course, now that I'm older and wiser, perhaps even a wee bit more mature, I've realised, in a rare moment of clarity and self awareness, that there is a common denominator which may have, just may have, caused all this unfortunate discourse and friction:

THEY ********

• 2 months later...

As spotted on my walk to work down Leith Walk this morning. Why one of theirs would empty their scarf after a mid-August thrashing 1000 miles away, feck knows. Pleasing though.

E8qWIt1WEAMO2ti?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Danny Wilde

Rick Sanchez
23 minutes ago, Danny Wilde said:

As spotted on my walk to work down Leith Walk this morning. Why one of theirs would empty their scarf after a mid-August thrashing 1000 miles away, feck knows. Pleasing though.

:pleasing:

A full seasons work and the reward is over by matchday 3. Poor chap.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

How do you make a weegie board?

Take away his Buckfast and sister

That's good  :)

31 minutes ago, Danny Wilde said:

The maroon and white boarding wouldn't have helped.  

• 1 month later...
Lord Beni of Gorgie

Happy birthday Robbo first of all, but I don't mind being self indulgent and sharing a post tomorrow I wake up a year older 51 top of the League. 

If it ends that way great if not hey ho.

So much more to come from this group 

• 2 weeks later...
Skivingatwork

Anyone with a covert account on .net able to give us a flavour of how the Brazilian flair boys managed to lose 3-0 at home to Dundee Utd?

6 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

Anyone with a covert account on .net able to give us a flavour of how the Brazilian flair boys managed to lose 3-0 at home to Dundee Utd?

,I do and rarely if ever post on the hovel

But love reading about there pain

Have a peep 

Well its my lassies account and she aint for budging ,

Maybe look later  if allowed  and hopefully  find a gem or two

Ronald Villiers

They like a good lockdown on .det lol.  They'd be raging about the dry humping they took at home but would have one eye on our score as a comfort blanket...... until CH equalised.  Love it.  Get it round ye H1b5!  

Screenshot_20210831-201538_Gallery.thumb.jpg.34d962533da9971efc36e3d63365eff2.jpg

Is on lockdown... what a sad bunch of ***** get beat and immediate lockdown. I think that lot are going to go down the table like Steven Hawking with a brake failure.

• cosanostra locked and unlocked this topic