To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight

Craigieboy

On 19/04/2024 at 09:27, chester copperpot said:

Our groundsman could support Fred West 11 and I would forgive him due to the state of our gorgeous pitch :D

I've been on the pitch this season with my boys club, it's anything but gorgeous now.

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• maroonlegions

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Bender said:

I've been on the pitch this season with my boys club, it's anything but gorgeous now.

Why did you make a mess of the pitch?

chester copperpot
3 hours ago, SUTOL said:

Why did you make a mess of the pitch?

:lol:

FarmerTweedy
On 17/04/2024 at 07:17, been here before said:

Mr T didnt pity fools. Clubber Laing did. He also predicted pa-a-a-a-i-n which seems very apt in the circumstances Hubz find themselves in.

gbrf8x10f540x540-pad450x450f8f8f8.jpg.931c5dc43f2d9b15bdaa0e6ef2f162e0.jpg

Firstly, it's Lang, not Laing!  Secondly, Mr T was associated with the phrase well after Rocky 3, including having a series named that!

Gorgierools
3 hours ago, Bender said:

Seriously? What's the issues?

10 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Seriously? What's the issues?

Looked bare in patches. Granted it was raining when we were there, but you could feel the turf was really soft underfoot. It's not in awful condition, but it's really not at its best either.

Gorgierools
1 minute ago, Bender said:

Looked bare in patches. Granted it was raining when we were there, but you could feel the turf was really soft underfoot. It's not in awful condition, but it's really not at its best either.

I bow to your first hand experience but it looks decent. As I said though,that's just from a telly view 

ShedBoy
27 minutes ago, Bender said:

Really?

When I was on it I was really surprised how solid it was!

That was before the April deluge admittedly 👍🏻

21 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Really?

When I was on it I was really surprised how solid it was!

That was before the April deluge admittedly 👍🏻

It could absolutely have been due to the weather in the run up to the game. But it was still quite patchy in places. Surprised how much brown I could see under my feet.

Just noticed this on the BBC site.  Don’t think I’ve seen the post-split teams & fixtures described thus before.

Hear me out … it made satisfying reading.

IMG_3001.jpeg

Wee Mikey
16 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Just noticed this on the BBC site.  Don’t think I’ve seen the post-split teams & fixtures described thus before.

Hear me out … it made satisfying reading.

IMG_3001.jpeg

Aberdeen & H1b5 are in the 'relegation group'?

🤣🤣🤣

They've been doing a spring clean over there this evening. Someone posted a long term supplier had been shafted by the club over monies owed but lo and behold the thread has disappeared. 

6 hours ago, Homme said:

They've been doing a spring clean over there this evening. Someone posted a long term supplier had been shafted by the club over monies owed but lo and behold the thread has disappeared. 

It will be on their private members board . Anything too embarrassing gets hidden away there out of shame 

AC Mallin_51
9 hours ago, Homme said:

Hopefully the “Hearts banter years” and “we have the momentum” threads have survived 

TheBigO
9 hours ago, Homme said:

Interesting if it becomes a pattern - was a worrying sign under Romanov.  But something Budge and he regeim have worked hard at - strong partnerships and reconnection to the community.

Couple of years ago a few guys who'd been at Hibs a long time, many of them Hibees, were shown the door or walked.  I think clubs like Hearts and Hibs need connection.

The above may be a rumour - it may have been removed from their site cos it's patently not true.  But if this thing does start occuring, it's a big old red flag.

martoon
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Interesting if it becomes a pattern - was a worrying sign under Romanov.  But something Budge and he regeim have worked hard at - strong partnerships and reconnection to the community.

Couple of years ago a few guys who'd been at Hibs a long time, many of them Hibees, were shown the door or walked.  I think clubs like Hearts and Hibs need connection.

The above may be a rumour - it may have been removed from their site cos it's patently not true.  But if this thing does start occuring, it's a big old red flag.

🤞 

...and they can wrap the corpse in it.

Mikey1874

Unai Emery signing a new 3 year contract at Aston Villa puts that sell on for John McGinn out of reach again. 

meister

This ☝️

I've got plenty Hibs supporting mates, and previously I was a "Aye we need the Hibs for derbies etc" but now I wouldn't give two flying ones if they went under. I'd be gutted for about 6 people who are genuinely good guys and love their club, but other than that I'd be over the moon if Hibs went paps up.

I mean Martoon's comment 😜

Edited by meister

martoon
14 minutes ago, meister said:

This ☝️

I've got plenty Hibs supporting mates, and previously I was a "Aye we need the Hibs for derbies etc" but now I wouldn't give two flying ones if they went under. I'd be gutted for about 6 people who are genuinely good guys and love their club, but other than that I'd be over the moon if Hibs went paps up.

I mean Martoon's comment 😜

:yas:

I note Gary O'Neil is being linked with the Liverpool job ( probably down to the Richard Hughes connection) The amazing football brained people at the BK group who are leading the charge on the footballing review at Hibs actually sacked O'Neil and with Lorient floundering and heading towards the trapdoor are the BK group actually football guru's ( if you read hibs.net they are) or just Ice Hockey owners praying on teams that are venerable in the hope of making a success on the top of the tree who are Bournemouth due to the premier league cash.

Bournemouth will be interesting to see once a season without Hughes passes by. I only see them going backwards next year.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Rods said:

I note Gary O'Neil is being linked with the Liverpool job ( probably down to the Richard Hughes connection) The amazing football brained people at the BK group who are leading the charge on the footballing review at Hibs actually sacked O'Neil and with Lorient floundering and heading towards the trapdoor are the BK group actually football guru's ( if you read hibs.net they are) or just Ice Hockey owners praying on teams that are venerable in the hope of making a success on the top of the tree who are Bournemouth due to the premier league cash.

Bournemouth will be interesting to see once a season without Hughes passes by. I only see them going backwards next year.

I actually think Bournemouth did the right thing getting Iraola in. He's doing well now after a slow start.

As you say, when he inevitably gets poached for a bigger job, how do the club move forward sans Hughes, as he did a really, really good job there too.

6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I actually think Bournemouth did the right thing getting Iraola in. He's doing well now after a slow start.

As you say, when he inevitably gets poached for a bigger job, how do the club move forward sans Hughes, as he did a really, really good job there too.

Was Iraola a Hughes appointment? I know what you mean he will soon move on.

I seen the Foley interview and he said he wanted Bournemouth to be a stable club ( Iraola does not fit that bill). He is in for a shock when he finds out managers like Iroala and players like Solanke wont be hanging around in Bournemouth for long. 

Hughes bailed on them quite quickly for bigger things.

On 20/04/2024 at 07:38, The Gorgie said:

“We are already ahead in every department apart from turnover and league points. 

Turnover is mainly due to European football last season but I every other scale we are ahead. 

The balance of power is only going to increase in our favour.”

My favourite post :rofl:

1 hour ago, Cameronstheman said:

Lorient losing 2-0 to PSG after 23 mins 

Louza subbed off just now 😂 Perfect name for a Hibs loanee. 

Edited by HMFC01
0-3 now I reckon 0-5 FT

10 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Black knights have previous .

Before black knights as well.

There's a term for business practices they employ.

I know we are all enjoying this but essentially I think it's pish.

A club with the history of hibs being on the surface turned into a franchise is horrible. 

So like big O

I'm not keen .

Aye Al laugh lf

But it's shit .

50 minutes ago, Ked said:

I know we are all enjoying this but essentially I think it's pish.

A club with the history of hibs being on the surface turned into a franchise is horrible. 

So like big O

I'm not keen .

Aye Al laugh lf

But it's shit .

They are definitely a franchise in a wider group now and we should be rubbing their noses in this at every opportunity.

Leicester and Leeds potentially up next season the main franchise in the group are going to be in trouble.

martoon
12 minutes ago, Chaps said:

IMG_0923.jpeg

He knows the script 

:jjyay: 

:4_1_72:

Marked and they know it.

There's not a cleaning product in the world that could remove the stain of failure and ridicule on that club.

1971fozzy
27 minutes ago, Chaps said:

IMG_0923.jpeg

He knows the script 

hibsed it will never leave them. Continually making up new ones and he knows it. God bless that club.

Percival King
14 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

hibsed it will never leave them. Continually making up new ones and he knows it. God bless that club.

Well they do like to think of themselves as trailblazers, a club that does things before others.

Gundermann
56 minutes ago, Chaps said:

IMG_0923.jpeg

He knows the script 

Heh! He's helping cement the term in Scottish language.

The plebs will be revolting.

EH23-Jambo

We just basically secured £6million and didn't have to sell our soul, that's the difference...

heartandsoul
2 minutes ago, EH23-Jambo said:

We just basically secured £6million and didn't have to sell our soul, that's the difference...

Brilliant post

vegas-voss

Best thing that can happen is Hibs win every game now to keep this goon in the job for next season.

theshed
28 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Best thing that can happen is Hibs win every game now to keep this goon in the job for next season.

Said that during the week. Hibs to win last few games so he is in charge next season

Finlay James
4 hours ago, Chaps said:

IMG_0923.jpeg

He knows the script 

Did he actually say that? ****ing brilliant 😅😅

1971fozzy

Back to thinking they are world beaters. See 🤣🤣🤣 just how I like it

Montgomery Brewster
On 24/04/2024 at 17:40, Chaps said:

“We are already ahead in every department apart from turnover and league points. 

Turnover is mainly due to European football last season but I every other scale we are ahead. 

The balance of power is only going to increase in our favour.”

My favourite post :rofl:

Roasters the lot of them !

Gorgie Rules. FTH

Weebroon98
44 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Back to thinking they are world beaters. See 🤣🤣🤣 just how I like it

Bus and parade for finishing top of the bottom 6

Shipwrecked
5 hours ago, Chaps said:

IMG_0923.jpeg

He knows the script 

I believe he deserves more time too. Doing a fantastic job. Surely they get a big trophy for being top of the Relegation Group, and an automatic champions league place.