Breaking Bad - Final episodes (warning: spoilers)

jack D and coke

Chad Sexington

Want to agree just to sack the spoilers and discuss it in full? If you read it before

Youve watched, you've only got yourself to blame!

Agreed.

If you read this thread before watching the episodes, well, quite frankly, you're an idiot.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that to some extent the episode toyed with us, and our hopes that Hank could still be alive, but only for a few minutes.

Hank is dead. Why? Because this is Breaking Bad. It's not the kind of show to cop out - it's the kind of show where actions have consequences. Serious consequences.

I disagree I think it's the easy option hank being killed so soon I can see him crawling out the desert and him being the one who the ricen is being used on

Sterling Archer

No chance, more likely ricin/chemical attack for Jack, deliberate foreshadowing showing him taking the mask off around the Meth and constantly smoking.

It showed you them dragging hank into the grave with a bullet in his heed :lol:

just watched it again no it shows a trickle of blood running down his left eyebrow no sign of a bullet to the head on the right where he was shot. At no point do you see a bullet hole on his head. The camera panned away at the shot and let's not hear its a possible gruesome sight given Gus Fring doing his Harvey Dent impression before.

It showed you them dragging hank into the grave with a bullet in his heed :lol:

how did folk miss this!

Hank is dead, then buried in the pit that the money came out.

Oh, and what about the pure evil of Walt telling Jesse he watched his bursd die.

He's changed, man.

:sob:

Brilliant touch!

This was the episode where you really start to question your love for Walter White.

Telling Jesse he watched his girlfriend die; going postal on his wife and son; telling them all Hank is dead.

It left me thinking that maybe, I just want the ending to be different than I did last week.

Everything Walt said to his wife on the phone at the end was for the police's ears.

Trying to make it it was all his own doing

IMO obviously

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sterling Archer

Everything Walt said to his wife on the phone at the end was for the police's ears.

Trying to make it it was all his own doing

IMO obviously

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Couldn't it be to help Honk fake his own death?

Not a chance is Hank alive :lol:

My theory is the ricin is going to be a Fring style sting on Uncle Jack and co (like Fring did on the Mexican cartel) except Walt's not going to save himself.

Sterling Archer

When he was on the ground why did honk say his name was Isaac Schraeder? Was he trying to hide his identity?

When he was on the ground why did honk say his name was Isaac Schraeder? Was he trying to hide his identity?

ASAC Schraeder. I think it is a DEA acronym.

The one thing that's bugged me has been how nothing has come from Gus Frings' Chilean connection. They went out their way to make it a big deal but have seemingly just dropped it. Surely too late to reintroduce it.

The one thing that's bugged me has been how nothing has come from Gus Frings' Chilean connection. They went out their way to make it a big deal but have seemingly just dropped it. Surely too late to reintroduce it.

I'm not sure, this along with the whole Gray Matter background story are the only two significant elements of the show that were set up and have been left behind. It's possible that they were just for scene setting but with the meticulous detail that the show has gone into I'd be surprised if there isn't some use of them in the last two episodes.

Wild theory on Gray Matter is that they are connected to Madrigal (and therefore Gus?) in some way and Walter finds out so he is coming back for revenge on everyone he sees as having wronged him, Lydia, Todd, the Nazis and Elliot and Gretchen. I've been miles off on every single prediction so far though!

I'm not sure, this along with the whole Gray Matter background story are the only two significant elements of the show that were set up and have been left behind. It's possible that they were just for scene setting but with the meticulous detail that the show has gone into I'd be surprised if there isn't some use of them in the last two episodes.

Wild theory on Gray Matter is that they are connected to Madrigal (and therefore Gus?) in some way and Walter finds out so he is coming back for revenge on everyone he sees as having wronged him, Lydia, Todd, the Nazis and Elliot and Gretchen. I've been miles off on every single prediction so far though!

The Grey Matter thing is connected to him selling out his share in the meth business on the cheap, so to speak. I think anyway. Not sure if that means he's going to end up going back for more/revenge for being sold short again, wouldn't overly surprise me seeing as the money is his main weakness.

I'd completely forgot about the Chile angle, but wasn't that down to Fring being on the run from there or something, and with him dead that was the link closed off? I could be remembering this wrong though.

BoJack Horseman

Do people actually watch this show?

Hank alive??

That phone call to Skylar being anything other than a carefully worded speech in which he exonerates her of all blame??

Grey Matter was explained as it's one of the primary motives for Walt's greed. It's why he didn't stop. It's why he wanted an empire.

jack D and coke

The Grey Matter thing is connected to him selling out his share in the meth business on the cheap, so to speak. I think anyway. Not sure if that means he's going to end up going back for more/revenge for being sold short again, wouldn't overly surprise me seeing as the money is his main weakness.

I'd completely forgot about the Chile angle, but wasn't that down to Fring being on the run from there or something, and with him dead that was the link closed off? I could be remembering this wrong though.

Didn't Fring kill them all off that day him, Jesse and Mike went down to Mexico?

The little bit I surprised about is the shooting of the kid when they robbed the train. I thought more would come from that. Bit late to bring that back now though I guess. It seems they've got shitloads to cram into two episodes, gonna be mental.

Didn't Fring kill them all off that day him, Jesse and Mike went down to Mexico?

The little bit I surprised about is the shooting of the kid when they robbed the train. I thought more would come from that. Bit late to bring that back now though I guess. It seems they've got shitloads to cram into two episodes, gonna be mental.

Chile was where Frings came from. He only wasn't killed on his first visit to Mexico because of 'who you are'. Then when he gets questioned by the DEA Hank references it again as he couldn't find anything on him and hints something is being covered up.

I don't know if they've just l left it open as an intrigue, or had planned to do something with it and abandoned it. Then again, given they managed to show Walt walking past his season 1 trousers when he was pushing his barrel last night, I wouldn't put anything past them.

This was the episode where you really start to question your love for Walter White.

I started doing that in the 2nd (3rd??) episode where he kicks the shit out of a stupid teenager for ripping his laddie in the clothes shop.

Wish i hadnt read that interview with gilligan where he mentions more nods to the godfather. I find myself drifting into thoughts of Walter White in scenes from the godfather; it's too self indulgent.

BoJack Horseman

What are you on about? That incident was the catalyst for Jesse getting out of the game. It showed Jesse how little Walt cared about the kid and finally turned him against him. It was the reason for his spiral into depression. The reason he tried to give all of his 5 million away, which Walt stopped. The reason that he started chucking his money about the neighbourhood, and was arrested, questioned by Hank, turned to a rat and essentially got Hank killed.

What are you people watching?

Grey Matter was explained as it's one of the primary motives for Walt's greed. It's why he didn't stop. It's why he wanted an empire.

I agree it underlines his motivation but there is still a bit of detail that we don't get. For example the Walt and Gretchen the flashback when they are a couple in particular sticks out but we don't know how/why Walt was shafted. If they don't go back to it I wouldn't consider it a major un-answered area but I still think the build up and that scene in particular needs a bigger pay-off.

I'm also kind of shocked so many people didn't understand Walt's phone call (maybe we do need a Dexter style voice over explaining it...), it was pretty obvious during the call but the fact he is crying by the end should have removed any ambiguity.

The Hank thing has to be a joke.

jack D and coke

What are you on about? That incident was the catalyst for Jesse getting out of the game. It showed Jesse how little Walt cared about the kid and finally turned him against him. It was the reason for his spiral into depression. The reason he tried to give all of his 5 million away, which Walt stopped. The reason that he started chucking his money about the neighbourhood, and was arrested, questioned by Hank, turned to a rat and essentially got Hank killed.

What are you people watching?

No it wasn't. His suspected killing of Mike and poisoning of Brock was what made him try to torch his house and really turn on him. I suppose though it was a huge part of where the story is where it is now though. It was just one of the more shocking bits of the story though I expected much more to come of it. Guess not.

I agree it underlines his motivation but there is still a bit of detail that we don't get. For example the Walt and Gretchen the flashback when they are a couple in particular sticks out but we don't know how/why Walt was shafted. If they don't go back to it I wouldn't consider it a major un-answered area but I still think the build up and that scene in particular needs a bigger pay-off.

I'm also kind of shocked so many people didn't understand Walt's phone call (maybe we do need a Dexter style voice over explaining it...), it was pretty obvious during the call but the fact he is crying by the end should have removed any ambiguity.

The Hank thing has to be a joke.

I get the impression gray matter was a possible (actually probable) story line in the early days that they just never ran with. It's a bit hokey to do a love interest/business interest from the past, but it never hurts to have the option.

BoJack Horseman

No it wasn't. His suspected killing of Mike and poisoning of Brock was what made him try to torch his house and really turn on him. I suppose though it was a huge part of where the story is where it is now though. It was just one of the more shocking bits of the story though I expected much more to come of it. Guess not.

Did you not watch the scene where Jesse and Walt were discussing the kids death and Walt said he was really cut up about it too. Then he tells Jesse to leave the cook early and go home and when he goes to leave Walt starts whistling away. That's the point Jesse realises how little Walt cares about anyone.

There was massive repercussions from the kids death that influences the entire story. Not sure what else you expected from it.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Todds a weird one. I still don't really know what he's meant to be. Was there another reason he was desperate to save jessie, is he going to turn against his uncle?

Todds a weird one. I still don't really know what he's meant to be. Was there another reason he was desperate to save jessie, is he going to turn against his uncle?

Part of me goes, "well he seems a decent kid", another part of me says, "he'd rape that lassie with the prague connection in a second". Unsure.

I said exactly the same to Mrs Chester when we watched it last night.

Part of me goes, "well he seems a decent kid", another part of me says, "he'd rape that lassie with the prague connection in a second". Unsure.

Definitely the latter. He's trying to get his hole with that broad so wants to impress her with some kick-ass meth.

Even more interesting

Missed last nite's BB.bummed,Heard was intense.Filmed several alt versions Can't wait see what they used! #watchingnow #fingerscrossed

I think he just wanted him to cook. Todd is out to impress Lydia, learning how to cook properly is a way to do that.

Patrick Bateman

I think he just wanted him to cook. Todd is out to impress Lydia, learning how to cook properly is a way to do that.

That's what I reckon too. Let's not forget Todd murdered a child without a second's hesitation. I still can't get over how much he looks like Matt Damon too.

That's what I reckon too. Let's not forget Todd murdered a child without a second's hesitation. I still can't get over how much he looks like Matt Damon too.

I think Todd's character just generally wants to be accepted and impress anyone who will pay him attention. The scene where he is telling his uncle and co the story of the train robbery being a perfect example. He'll do anything to get that acceptance.

jack D and coke

Did you not watch the scene where Jesse and Walt were discussing the kids death and Walt said he was really cut up about it too. Then he tells Jesse to leave the cook early and go home and when he goes to leave Walt starts whistling away. That's the point Jesse realises how little Walt cares about anyone.

There was massive repercussions from the kids death that influences the entire story. Not sure what else you expected from it.

That's the thing I normally watch them with my bird and she's ways asking why did he do that, why did that happen and I do remember the scene where Jesse leaves but I've not picked up on the actual message from it. I guess the whole shooting the kid thing was just to show how much of a cold blooded psychopath Todd is and also how it's brought Jesse to a meltdown just as Walt starts to show some heart which ultimately brings about his downfall. It's brilliantly written.

I'm not sure if this will help regarding what happened to Hank:

https://twitter.com/...657063812431872

Nah, Hank means this is next...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/24122967

I don't think Walt will be back to save Jesse, I reckon he comes back because he finds out Uncle Jack and co didn't kill him and are using him to cook "his" meth instead.

I think it must be that the family is kidnapped, the house is all burned out as well so I think he needs to save them

Archived