Breaking Bad - Final episodes (warning: spoilers)

jack D and coke

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gavsy Van Gaverson

Don't worry - he's grown a pair :D

Walt is a right *****. Playing Jesse right to the end :lol:

I'm gonna wait till the season finishes then watch the last season in a winner. That's the best way :thumbsup:

Snake Plissken

:jjyay:

I actually love just how much of a first rate ******* Walt has become, the "confession" was great.

Hawd on. Jessie has woken up out of his sorry for himself coma thing because he's twigged that walter could've poisoned the lad brock with a ricin laced ciggie - but wasnt it proven that it was lily of the valley that messed him up. Sure, it was strongly hinted that it was walt what dunnit anyway, but Jessie wasnt going through walter's flowerbed so he doesnt know that.

Don't get me wrong, a really great episode, and it's essential that jessie is able to see through walt's paternalistic emotional blackmail, but we know it wasnt a ricin cigarette so why would that set him off? Or am i missing something? Anyway, good to see that jessie is now able to act independently of walt and there's now a part of the Heisenberg empire that he can't control. There's just so many ways in which walter could get caught out, it's just deciding quite how it happens. One thing is sure, a part of walter wants to get caught, he wants people to know what he did before it all crumbles.

The confession was a great way to show how walt has developed from the pilot episode. What a *******. A brilliant *******.

Oh, and :pleasing:

BoJack Horseman

I'm gonna wait till the season finishes then watch the last season in a winner. That's the best way :thumbsup:

I'd probably stay well away from this thread then. Only asking for spoilers.

rossthejambo

Hawd on. Jessie has woken up out of his sorry for himself coma thing because he's twigged that walter could've poisoned the lad brock with a ricin laced ciggie - but wasnt it proven that it was lily of the valley that messed him up. Sure, it was strongly hinted that it was walt what dunnit anyway, but Jessie wasnt going through walter's flowerbed so he doesnt know that.

Don't get me wrong, a really great episode, and it's essential that jessie is able to see through walt's paternalistic emotional blackmail, but we know it wasnt a ricin cigarette so why would that set him off? Or am i missing something? Anyway, good to see that jessie is now able to act independently of walt and there's now a part of the Heisenberg empire that he can't control. There's just so many ways in which walter could get caught out, it's just deciding quite how it happens. One thing is sure, a part of walter wants to get caught, he wants people to know what he did before it all crumbles.

The confession was a great way to show how walt has developed from the pilot episode. What a *******. A brilliant *******.

Oh, and :pleasing:

It was more that he knows that Walt set it up so that it looked like Jesse poisoned him, that way it had to be Walt that poisoned him. I know we already know he poisoned him, but now Jesse knows. That was my understanding of it anyway.

His confession btw, I was smiling all the way through it, absolutely genius. He's such a horrible ******* :jjyay:

Exciting episode but as 2Na said I didn't quite understand the elements of the plot that led to the final scenes :(

-Jesse realises his weed has been stolen

-He realises Huell took it

-He makes the connection that Huell must have taken his ricin the same way

-Walt must have ordered this

-Walt must have poisoned Brock

It's a bit farfetched, but plausible.

-Jesse realises his weed has been stolen

-He realises Huell took it

-He makes the connection that Huell must have taken his ricin the same way

-Walt must have ordered this

-Walt must have poisoned Brock

It's a bit farfetched, but plausible.

1-4 i give you, but if you factor in he knew what did put the laddie in hospital then it means something gets a bit screwy between 4 and 5. It certainly means jessie knows that walt has been utterly manipulative - but he already knew that, so..... I'm sure it fits together well enough and jessie's morality and need for a family was always going to be best thing to wake him from his fugue; i just thought the trigger wasnt that clear.

Nice and generic there, no need for spoilers. Boom.

BoJack Horseman

1-4 i give you, but if you factor in he knew what did put the laddie in hospital then it means something gets a bit screwy between 4 and 5. It certainly means jessie knows that walt has been utterly manipulative - but he already knew that, so..... I'm sure it fits together well enough and jessie's morality and need for a family was always going to be best thing to wake him from his fugue; i just thought the trigger wasnt that clear.

Nice and generic there, no need for spoilers. Boom.

I agree that it's a bit far fetched, but Jesse is already suspicious that Walt's been playing him. He was convinced that Walt had the cigarette lifted off him before, and it was only Walt's lies and the planted cig in the rumba that convinced him otherwise. Now that he's back to being very suspicious of Walt, and had it confirmed that Huell can lift from him that easy, he connected the dots. I don't think he really knew until Saul admitted it, but he was convinced enough to go for the confession. Just like he did with Walt the first time, put a gun to his head to see if he was right, but Walt didn't buckle so easily.

I agree that it's a bit far fetched, but Jesse is already suspicious that Walt's been playing him. He was convinced that Walt had the cigarette lifted off him before, and it was only Walt's lies and the planted cig in the rumba that convinced him otherwise. Now that he's back to being very suspicious of Walt, and had it confirmed that Huell can lift from him that easy, he connected the dots. I don't think he really knew until Saul admitted it, but he was convinced enough to go for the confession. Just like he did with Walt the first time, put a gun to his head to see if he was right, but Walt didn't buckle so easily.

I guess so. I never doubted that it stacked up, it's an elegant solution, i just dont think it's that well enacted. Or at least in relation to everything else, which is just great.

Just watched the latest episode. Oh my.

Only a Lost-esque catastrophe of a final? is going to stop this from claming the title of my favourite TV series now.

Greedy_Jambo

I'm not enjoying the new episodes as much. Jesse needs to get on side with Mr white or they should kill him off. He's just a pain in the arse to watch now.

I'm not enjoying the new episodes as much. Jesse needs to get on side with Mr white or they should kill him off. He's just a pain in the arse to watch now.

the show is all about development and conflict. if Jessie and Mr white just go on getting into madcap adventures and doing drug deals with psychos the show would be formulaic and no different to anything else. by having them all fall out its impossible to know what's going to happen - its interesting.

if you don't enjoy them that's cool, but to want the 'old team back together again' goes against the very basis of the show.

the show is all about development and conflict. if Jessie and Mr white just go on getting into madcap adventures and doing drug deals with psychos the show would be formulaic and no different to anything else. by having them all fall out its impossible to know what's going to happen - its interesting.

if you don't enjoy them that's cool, but to want the 'old team back together again' goes against the very basis of the show.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Is it sad i immediately thought of Auf Weidersehen Pet when i read that.

Chad Sexington

:spoton:

Greedy_Jambo

The guy is constantly on a downer though. Even if he was just to join the circus or something. Anything.

The guy is constantly on a downer though. Even if he was just to join the circus or something. Anything.

its prolonged emotional development. he needs to build up to a climax - if he just switched from happy go lucky glass slinging, prossie shagging jessie to nihilistic, watch the world burn over a ten minute period it'd very weak.

Although, he's certainly not moping in the last ten minutes of the last episode so even then its not the case that he's always on a downer. Once again, you dont have to enjoy it but its what makes the show great in most people's eyes.

BoJack Horseman

I don't want to be that guy, but in this situation, it sounds like you really don't understand the show at all.

For me the new episodes have taken the series to a new level. The tension and character development has really been top notch.

Getting Jesse to do a "5-1 Bitches" Vine.

:wow:

How much would that cost?

edit. - And why have we not been saving a KB fund for this on the off-chance it would ever happen?

The People's Chimp

How much would that cost?

edit. - And why have we not been saving a KB fund for this on the off-chance it would ever happen?

$500 I think. :lol:

100 entries+

Aaron will make a video calling you, or another person you want, a "bitch" and send an autographed bag of Blue Sky (limited to 100 donors) $5/eabreaking-bad-crystal-meth-candy-1-110x110.jpg

$500 I think. :lol:

C'mon, we've spent ?320 on worse stuff over the years. Plus we get a bag of meth.

The People's Chimp

C'mon, we've spent ?320 on worse stuff over the years. Plus we get a bag of meth.

I'm in.

Anyone else up for a donation to get some "Yo, bitches. I'm jessie pinkman, yo. 5-1 bitches" action?

Sitting at 64 bucks a head as it stands, which is a bit rich for my blood. C'mon, the more of you who say yes the less you have to pay. We've managed to get both a really huge flag and basically keep the club on life support. We can buy a 6 second video and bag of blue coloured silica ffs.

Howsabout this? See all you folk who it's clear dinnae get the show. Y'know who you are. You know because you've been told so. We'll all pretend you get it if you give us your ******* money. Deal?

Dean Winchester

Sitting at 64 bucks a head as it stands, which is a bit rich for my blood. C'mon, the more of you who say yes the less you have to pay. We've managed to get both a really huge flag and basically keep the club on life support. We can buy a 6 second video and bag of blue coloured silica ffs.

Howsabout this? See all you folk who it's clear dinnae get the show. Y'know who you are. You know because you've been told so. We'll all pretend you get it if you give us your ******* money. Deal?

I reckon it's worthy of a new thread... Get all those that won't want to risk spoilers as well :thumbsup:

Archived