Breaking Bad - Final episodes (warning: spoilers)

jack D and coke

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which of the Nazis were Ben and Jerry?

I can always tell which ones they are. I scream whenever they are in shot.

I've being re watching the whole thing again from the start and the one thing that makes no sense at all is Walts loyalty to Jesse? Jesse try's to burn Walt in almost every episode but rather than dealing with him Walt keeps him close even tho he ****s everything up. The question is why?

I've being re watching the whole thing again from the start and the one thing that makes no sense at all is Walts loyalty to Jesse? Jesse try's to burn Walt in almost every episode but rather than dealing with him Walt keeps him close even tho he ****s everything up. The question is why?

i think it's sort of a combination of walt seeing him as a former pupil, and thus a sort of not-exactly-but-a-bit-like parental feeling towards him, and the fact that he help walt out at the beginning, before walt was a monster-psycho, at which point walt was still capable of creating real emotional bonds with people, so jesse sort of became heisenberg's son, in a way.

NotVincentGuerain

i think it's sort of a combination of walt seeing him as a former pupil, and thus a sort of not-exactly-but-a-bit-like parental feeling towards him, and the fact that he help walt out at the beginning, before walt was a monster-psycho, at which point walt was still capable of creating real emotional bonds with people, so jesse sort of became heisenberg's son, in a way.

jesse has looked out for walter too.

walter let jesse's gf die.

it's the central relationship.

i know that walter looked like he got annoyed at grey matter, but how will jesse and walter get resolved? i think walter will save jesse. i could be totally wrong. probably am.

See the thing is until the Gus thing at the end of series 3, jesses doesn't help Walt once but in turn ****s him over loads of times up to that point.

See the thing is until the Gus thing at the end of series 3, jesses doesn't help Walt once but in turn ****s him over loads of times up to that point.

I've been rewatching it with the mrs too lately, so i'll take a stab at this.

He did kinda teach him how to cook meth and set up their initial drug dealing operation. Jesse was also one of the first people walt could speak about his cancer too - primarily because jesse was detached enough that it didnt hurt his pride or make him uncomfortable, and then because jesse had experience of caring for someone with cancer.

But that's to assume that the relationship is set up so that jesse helps walt. Jesse is the child. Walt the parent. Walt wants to control jesse - and everyone else - so that he can control his love and loyalty. Asking what has jesse done for walt is like asking what jr has done for walt. Jesse has filled a surrogate role for walt as he's become increasingly detached from his own son - in much the same way as walt has filled in for jesse's parents after they finally got tired and rejected him.

Atleast that's how i see it. Could be bullshit.

(just typing stuff out like that makes it sound like some stupid american daytime drama. all it needs is a character to develop amnesia and we've got the full house)

George RR Martin- ?Walter White is a bigger monster than anyone in Westeros. (I need to do something about that)?

This annoys me a lot more than it should. Walt's a decent guy. :oldsad:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I think his relationship wih jessie has reflected his development from Walter white the innocent science teacher to where he is now, Heisenberg on the run no one to turn to and about to o radge.

Think without his changing relationship with jessie it wouldn't have been as believable.

It was said on talking bad Walt was a terrible father to Walt jnr he treat Jesse better.

I think he saw something in Jesse an intelligent if not erratic character and as someone mentioned he opened up to Jesse about the cancer after Jesse saw the signs because he felt a bond with him. He grew to care and possibly love Jesse as the son he wanted but never had due to Walt jnrs disability. ( I'm not having a go at disability ) and jesses betrayal hurt him more than Walt jnr telling him to **** off.

But Walt will save Jesse because this father son thing will kick in as only Jesse truly understands him in his eyes. Only for Jesse to finish it for the things Walt done to him. Just my half drunk Theory. Anyway here's a great video on Walter White the best bad /good guy in modern tv.

http://youtu.be/iQ_gEa14Otk

Anyone know roughly want time it will be available online? I don't think i can sleep tonight without watching it!

BoJack Horseman

I'm actually wetting myself with excitment for this. Thinking of firing through the last 7 in the run up to the finale at 3am.

Some yank could spoil the whole thing by posting Walt dies or something as soon as they watch it :sob:

Some yank could spoil the whole thing by posting Walt dies or something as soon as they watch it :sob:

I've got to get through two hours of uni. never going to happen.

The main reason I'll be avoiding this place and Twitter like the plague tomorrow until I've watched it. I don't get in from work til 5 :(

The main reason I'll be avoiding this place and Twitter like the plague tomorrow until I've watched it. I don't get in from work til 5 :(

I'm the same, I never go onto the threads re BB and Game of Thrones etc until I've caught up :lol:

I'll be getting in at 5.30 and the bursd should have the tea ready so we can sit down and watch it straight away.

Just watched it :arry:

Spoiler - JESSIE KILLS WALT

Nice one, saved me the bother. Might just go for a wee walk after work, get some fresh air.

mulleted_jambo

Off tomorrow on hols. Stay up and watch it at 4 or go to bed and watch it when I get up. Tough call

I was thinking the same but if I stay up I won't be able to download it till 3 at the earliest then will be watching it shattered and might not enjoy it as much. Think I'll wait till the morning. I'll probably wake up at 7 or something and watch it cause I'm too excited.

Really hope the nazis and Todd get what's coming to them. You just know there will be something totally unexpected thrown in there.

BoJack Horseman

Don't think they could have ended it better. Vince Gilligan was right when he said that everyone gets the ending they deserve.

Ending could have been so much better. Meh.

Great series overall but sopranos Ending pisses all over it.

Ending could have been so much better. Meh.

Great series overall but sopranos Ending pisses all over it.

There were a couple of things that could have being better, I think they try to tied everything up and it felt a bit slowed paced.

A perfect ending would have being him recording a video message for his kids at the end and shooting himself, as it would tie up with the first ever thing you see in the first episode. I would also have taken out the scene where he is setting up the gun as I felt if ruined the surprise(remember how good the bit where Gus gets blowed up is). Apart from that it was brilliant. Jesse killing Todd, Walt killing himself protecting Jesse, Lydia getting poisoned, the scene with his wife, grey matter. Everyone got the ending they deserved. It was beautiful.

Archived