Breaking Bad - Final episodes (warning: spoilers)

jack D and coke

Series one is the slowest. Starts off great then gets a bit a slog in the middle when they focus on Walt's cancer then the last couple of episodes before series 2 get it back on track. I think some people expect it to be like a movie and have it all crammed into 90 minutes. Some episodes aren't as good as others but its the best TV show I've watched for years and years. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that even comes close. The amount of times that I have been taken by surprise with the story is what really blew me away. Quite shocking at times too. I think if you give it the time it needs you'll be hooked and watching 2 or 3 episodes every night to catch up. It's superb I can't recommend it enough.

:thumbsup:

Cheers man. My brother is a huge fan so I'll borrow his boxset some time soon. I'm watching suns of anarchy just now but it's kinda cheesey, so might just abandon it.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers man. My brother is a huge fan so I'll borrow his boxset some time soon. I'm watching suns of anarchy just now but it's kinda cheesey, so might just abandon it.

Sons of Anarchy is excellent.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Sons of Anarchy is excellent.

Agreed. Only got into it recently a fired through all 5 series in no time at all.

The latest series is superb! The oirish series had me thinking of abandoning it but glad I stayed with it.

It's more about the fact Jesse knows how bad Walt is but can't prove it. I don't think it's a tired storyline tbh, nobody can nail Walt....yet.

Yeah it's being used to highlight the contrast in the evolution of their characters and Walter's transformation into being a ruthless ****. Jesse has a moral conscience and is utterly distraught and haunted by the things they have done and how they earned their money. Walter is continuing to lie without flinching and go about his life as if no ill-deed has been done.

Chad Sexington

Just watched that last 10 minutes again.

Absolutely stunning stuff. The tension just crackles out the screen.

jack D and coke
Just watched that last 10 minutes again.

Absolutely stunning stuff. The tension just crackles out the screen.

I watched the whole episode again and tbh I'm really surprised it got this intense with 7 still to go. I'm choking for next week. Walt is such a ^^^^ :lol:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I read somewhere on Facebook that 247 people have died to date on Breaking Bad :lol:

That can't be right can it?

I read somewhere on Facebook that 247 people have died to date on Breaking Bad :lol:

That can't be right can it?

The plane crash must account for a lot of those.

There's a high correlation between good shows and getting their shit right, and the opposite. Breaking Bad is about as good as it gets.

It was interesting to see just how much the prohibition of certain inert drugs simply leads to amateurs attempting more and more complex and dangerous chemistry.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

The plane crash must account for a lot of those.

Aye, I suppose that would explain it.

Just watched the first of part 2. Wow, just wow.

so glad Walt & hank confronted each other early on however a bit more cat & mouse could have also been very good

ssalivating at the tthought of the next episode. my jaw dropped several times during the first episode. every Sunday is like Xmas eve

jack D and coke
Just watched the first of part 2. Wow, just wow.

so glad Walt & hank confronted each other early on however a bit more cat & mouse could have also been very good

Where is it up? Not Netflix no?

It's listed on Netflix now but won't let me stream it for some reason. It's called Buried but says I can't watch it instantly - guess I'll just have to take out my earphones and go to sleep as planned!

jack D and coke

I downloaded it from a site and for some reason the last 10 minutes haven't worked!!! Aaaarrrrgggghhh! Gonna have to wait till tonight now after work now!

This is seriously gripping shit....

Still not working on Netflix! Was hoping to squeeze it in before work. Netflix should tread lightly!

it was after nine last Monday morning before it worked last week

Still not working on Netflix! Was hoping to squeeze it in before work. Netflix should tread lightly!

Episode 10 is now on Netflix :yas:

jack D and coke

Watched it all now. I don't know where it's all going again but I can just tell there's gonna be some meaty surprises just around the corner. Not sure what that was out in the desert or who organised it either.....

Like i said before, gripping stuff.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It was alright, but it's now getting to the stage they could film Walter white taking a shit or 45 minutes and Folk would be saying it's genius.

Pretty average episode.

Bet Walt just pops his clogs asleep in bed on the last episode.

Walt really ******* up by admitting things to Hank.

It's necessary. Things have to come to a head. The raison d'etre of the show is conflict and for characters and situations to develop.

BoJack Horseman

I thought it was pretty slow as well. Not in the traditional sense, but in that some scenes just felt entirely too drawn out. It was either filler, or done for dramatic effect. I took it for the latter, but when you're gasping for the story to progress and you get 5 minutes of Skylar and Marie sitting not saying much, it certainly felt like it dragged.

Good episode though, but more of a setup for the rest of the season than anything else.

Riddley Walker

Thought it was great again. Tension in the scenes is unbelievable. Dripping from several orifices thinking about the next 6 episodes.

I thought it was pretty slow as well. Not in the traditional sense, but in that some scenes just felt entirely too drawn out. It was either filler, or done for dramatic effect. I took it for the latter, but when you're gasping for the story to progress and you get 5 minutes of Skylar and Marie sitting not saying much, it certainly felt like it dragged.

Good episode though, but more of a setup for the rest of the season than anything else.

Those scenes have to happen though. Marie needed to find out the extent of what's went on and it would have done the whole show a disservice to have that be a minute conversation without the tension that was present . So I wouldn't say only for dramatic effect.

BoJack Horseman

Those scenes have to happen though. Marie needed to find out the extent of what's went on and it would have done the whole show a disservice to have that be a minute conversation without the tension that was present . So I wouldn't say only for dramatic effect.

Isn't that what dramatic effect is? It wasn't drawn out for the sake of it, but rather to build tension in the scene. So whilst some complain the episode was slow due to these drawn out scenes, others don't agree as the tension built by that was palpable.

jack D and coke

Exactly right. I've watched it again and it does move slowly but it's always been about the pacing throughout the whole series for me. Something they've got bang on. Some episodes are pretty manic and some kind of drag out but it's always keeping you on an edge. If you didn't enjoy that episode then I'd reckon you don't particularly get the show tbh. Not aiming that at you in particular, just saying mate.

BoJack Horseman

:rofl:

NOT A REAL BREAKING BAD PHAN

You just don't get it, Alan. No biggy. Might as well not watch the rest of the series.

You just don't get it, Alan. No biggy. Might as well not watch the rest of the series.

its about this guy with cancer, roger. hope that helps.

The whole episode felt a bit like the middle of the episode, if that makes sense. it didn't seem to start or end anywhere, things just...happened.

Oh, and Jesse really needs to grow a pair. :muggy:

rossthejambo

I enjoyed it, they've got to set the scene for later episodes and I think that was done pretty well.

Kalamazoo Jambo

its about this guy with cancer, roger. hope that helps.

Thanks for the spoiler tags :(

Snake Plissken

The whole episode felt a bit like the middle of the episode, if that makes sense. it didn't seem to start or end anywhere, things just...happened.

Oh, and Jesse really needs to grow a pair. :muggy:

:lol:

Aye, that's starting to get on my tits too.

Rudolf's Mate

Yes it was slow however its setting the tone as it has done previously. Thought it was a good solid episode.

Archived