Breaking Bad - Final episodes (warning: spoilers)

jack D and coke

Sterling Archer

What does Lithium have to with meth?

Lithium metal is the most commonly used reactive metal in the clandestine manufacture of methamphetamine using the anhydrous ammonia method of production. It can commonly be obtained from photographic batteries where it is present as a foil inside the batteries. The foil can be removed from the batteries and stored in a solvent until use. It dissolves in the anhydrous ammonia to form a bluish solution. Although the metal may react slowly to produce hydrogen in the presence of water, it does not react violently and the production of hydrogen is usually slow in comparison to sodium metal. Lithium is a solid at room temperature and has not been found in an airborne state during anhydrous ammonia cooks. Since it does not normally become airborne there are no current OSHA or NIOSH exposure levels for Lithium.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sterling Archer

I just love how nothing in this show seems like a coincidence.

While Granite State is obviously New Hampshire it could also be linked to Grey Matter.

Watched it last night. A real change in pace from the last few but beautifully done. Just about had a heart attack at Todd appearing in the bedroom mind.

Who knows what next week will bring? An hour to tie it all up, it's going to be some task but the writing has been so amazing so far I think they can pull it off.

Death for Lydia please.

Watched it last night. A real change in pace from the last few but beautifully done. Just about had a heart attack at Todd appearing in the bedroom mind.

Who knows what next week will bring? An hour to tie it all up, it's going to be some task but the writing has been so amazing so far I think they can pull it off.

Death for Lydia please.

I get the feeling there's gonna be a whole lotta death. It'd be quicker to try and bet who's going to live.

I think there might be a lot less than you expect

hmmm. given that there's already a few dead or have left (hank, gomey, saul, hoover repair dude - where have i seen him before?) there isnt too many left, so perhaps you're right - someone has to live to carry the burden. Nazis, todd, lydia and walt are very good shouts for death. Skyler too. Jr and the baby are safe. Jesse is the conscience and, at times the audience, so i'd say he's more likely to live, but nothing's certain. Gray matter people can live, but who cares about them? They've only been in 3 episodes and were only used in the last episode as a trigger and so that it could tie up that under developed story. Or they could just go all 'michael carlo rizzi, do you reject satan and all his false promises' again and just kill everyone at the end.

With that said, there's just no telling, but it's fun to guess.

Sterling Archer

I read something about why less people might die, will try and find it.

I don't even know if Grey matter will figure. As you say they're just a trigger to remind Walt about letting his empire fall into other peoples hands.

Sterling Archer

Found it, I've not seen it but the following is from Mr Magoriums Wonder Emporium (2 Copies! :lol:)

When King Lear dies in Act V, do you know what Shakespeare has written? He's written "He dies." That's all, nothing more. No fanfare, no metaphor, no brilliant final words. The culmination of the most influential work of dramatic literature is "He dies." It takes Shakespeare, a genius, to come up with "He dies." And yet every time I read those two words, I find myself overwhelmed with dysphoria. And I know it's only natural to be sad, but not because of the words "He dies." but because of the life we saw prior to the words.

tartofmidlothian

I read something about why less people might die, will try and find it.

I don't even know if Grey matter will figure. As you say they're just a trigger to remind Walt about letting his empire fall into other peoples hands.

Also this.

tartofmidlothian

Found it, I've not seen it but the following is from Mr Magoriums Wonder Emporium (2 Copies! :lol:)

That's great, where did you find it?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It'll be scarface style carnage with no real twists, the writer has suggested he likes to see people meet their deserved endings and isn't one for big twists.

BoJack Horseman

Great penultimate episode. Sets up the finale very nicely. Looking like he's away to die of the cancer after wiping out the nazis with that M60. Grey Matter will have nothing to do with it, think that interview was just to show him that his meth is still out there. He won't be happy about that.

tartofmidlothian

Walt is going to ignore Grey Matter, the Nazis and Lydia and instead come back to beat Walt Jr to death with a wad of money

:lol:

Threads like this are the reason I should come into the Shed more often.

Random prediction time. Walt will die, possibly killed by Jesse. After he's gone, his genius will be acknowledged and his reputation will live on - mainly as a criminal genius, but someone might figure out Gray Matter's success was all down to him and the company could crash and burn because of it. He'll die unloved and hated by everyone, but Skyler will be the only one to forgive and understand him. He won't fire the machine gun, but Jesse might. Todd will kill Lydia when she knocks him back. The Nazis will all die somehow or other (it could be like the last episode of the Sopranos, where what happens to the baddies is almost a subplot). Jesse will be taken away by Hoover Guy to lead a shitty life haunted by his memories, although he might take his late ex's son with him and have a reason to live.

Great penultimate episode. Sets up the finale very nicely. Looking like he's away to die of the cancer after wiping out the nazis with that M60. Grey Matter will have nothing to do with it, think that interview was just to show him that his meth is still out there. He won't be happy about that.

Maybe he's even realised that Jessie might still be alive and working for the Nazis.

Sterling Archer

Maybe he's even realised that Jessie might still be alive and working for the Nazis.

Yep, specifically mentioned blue colour (Jesse) and Eastern Europe (Lydia)

Was anyone else surprised that Walt was prepared to give up everything he had to save Hank's life?

The Nazi's could have probably disappeared Gomez and Hank's bodies and car and Walt could have paid them a couple of million and kept the rest without them every knowing about the barrels. He wanted to give everything he had to his kids and wife so why would he throw it all away for Hank. He obviously still loves Hank but I was surprised that he made such an emotional and terrible decision given his decent into murderous and psychotic behaviour.

Was anyone else surprised that Walt was prepared to give up everything he had to save Hank's life?

The Nazi's could have probably disappeared Gomez and Hank's bodies and car and Walt could have paid them a couple of million and kept the rest without them every knowing about the barrels. He wanted to give everything he had to his kids and wife so why would he throw it all away for Hank. He obviously still loves Hank but I was surprised that he made such an emotional and terrible decision given his decent into murderous and psychotic behaviour.

i guess it's to do with the duality of heisenberg and walter white. If you say that walter white descended irreversibly into heisenberg, then it's a strange choice (although the circumstances are extreme). if you view heisenberg and walter white as two characters who sometimes cross over though, then it's less strange.

i guess it's to do with the duality of heisenberg and walter white. If you say that walter white descended irreversibly into heisenberg, then it's a strange choice (although the circumstances are extreme). if you view heisenberg and walter white as two characters who sometimes cross over though, then it's less strange.

He clearly wasn't all Heisenberg or he could have sacrificed Hank, killed Jessie and kept the lions share of his own wealth while still living in his own house with his own family.

Although that may have been difficult given that Hank's wife knew that Gomey and Hank had cuffs on Walt. She was the only one though. Walt Jnr would have known the truth as well. Hard to say what would have happened.

He clearly wasn't all Heisenberg or he could have sacrificed Hank, killed Jessie and kept the lions share of his own wealth while still living in his own house with his own family.

Although that may have been difficult given that Hank's wife knew that Gomey and Hank had cuffs on Walt. She was the only one though. Walt Jnr would have known the truth as well. Hard to say what would have happened.

Walter isn't evil, and I'm pretty sure he hasn't killed anyone who was innocent. Even when he poisoned the wee boy he made sure he wouldn't kill him.

The other wee lad who got killed off Todd, he was smart enough to judge the situation quickly and knew it wasn't in his or Jessie's interest to do anything about it.

Walter isn't evil, and I'm pretty sure he hasn't killed anyone who was innocent. Even when he poisoned the wee boy he made sure he wouldn't kill him.

The other wee lad who got killed off Todd, he was smart enough to judge the situation quickly and knew it wasn't in his or Jessie's interest to do anything about it.

Isn't evil? I'd hate to see someone who was in that case.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Seen a couple of good theories about the title of the next episode.

felina

1. A reference to the song El Paso, someone else can look up the lyrics.

2. It's also an anagram of finale

3. My favourite, Fe-Li-Na = iron-lithium-sodium = blood-meth-tears

It's also the scientific classification for small cats :laugh:

I think that 2 and 3 are almost certainly intended.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Apologies if already posted, but here's the trailer for the last episode (it's basically scenes from previous episodes so no real spoilers if you're all caught up at this point)...

"All Bad Things Come To An End"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B98x6Z-zgiE

"Chemistry is the science of transformation" is a phrase that has taken on a whole new meaning. Turning Mr Chips into Scarface, indeed.

Sterling Archer

El Paso

words and music by Marty Robbins

transcribed 24 Aug 95

Out in the West Texas town of El Paso

I fell in love with a Mexican girl.

Night-time would find me in Rosa's cantina;

Music would play and Felina would whirl.

Blacker than night were the eyes of Felina,

Wicked and evil while casting a spell.

My love was deep for this Mexican maiden;

I was in love but in vain, I could tell.

B:

One night a wild young cowboy came in,

Wild as the West Texas wind.

Dashing and daring,

A drink he was sharing

With wicked Felina,

The girl that I loved.

So in anger I

Challenged his right for the love of this maiden.

Down went his hand for the gun that he wore.

My challenge was answered in less than a heart-beat;

The handsome young stranger lay dead on the floor.

Just for a moment I stood there in silence,

Shocked by the foul, evil deed I had done.

Many thoughts raced through my mind as I stood there;

I had but one chance and that was to run.

B:

Out through the back door of Rosa's I ran,

Out where the horses were tied.

I caught a good one.

It looked like it could run.

Up on it's back

And away I did ride,

Just as fast as I

Could from the West Texas town of El Paso

Out to the bad-lands of New Mexico.

Back in El Paso my life would be worthless.

Everything's gone in life; nothing is left.

It's been so long since I've seen the young maiden

My love is stronger than my fear of death.

B:

I saddled up and away I did go,

Riding alone in the dark.

Maybe tomorrow

A bullet may find me.

Tonight nothing's worse than this

Pain in my heart.

And at last here I

Am on the hill overlooking El Paso;

I can see Rosa's cantina below.

My love is strong and it pushes me onward.

Down off the hill to Felina I go.

Off to my right I see five mounted cowboys;

Off to my left ride a dozen or more.

Shouting and shooting I can't let them catch me.

I have to make it to Rosa's back door.

B:

Something is dreadfully wrong for I feel

A deep burning pain in my side.

Though I am trying

To stay in the saddle,

I'm getting weary,

Unable to ride.

But my love for

Felina is strong and I rise where I've fallen,

Though I am weary I can't stop to rest.

I see the white puff of smoke from the rifle.

I feel the bullet go deep in my chest.

From out of nowhere Felina has found me,

Kissing my cheek as she kneels by my side.

Cradled by two loving arms that I'll die for,

One little kiss and Felina, good-bye

Dean Winchester

Seen a couple of good theories about the title of the next episode.

felina

1. A reference to the song El Paso, someone else can look up the lyrics.

2. It's also an anagram of finale

3. My favourite, Fe-Li-Na = iron-lithium-sodium = blood-meth-tears

Marty Robbins? El Paso tells the story of a cowboy who after killing a rival flees to the ?badlands of New Mexico?. Driven by his desire to see his lover Feleena, he returns however in the face of almost certain death. ?It?s been so long since I?ve seen the young maiden / My love is stronger than my fear of death?, the song goes, with the cowboy eventually dying in Feleena?s arms.

Walt :sob:

tartofmidlothian

El Paso

words and music by Marty Robbins

transcribed 24 Aug 95

Out in the West Texas town of El Paso

I fell in love with a Mexican girl.

Night-time would find me in Rosa's cantina;

Music would play and Felina would whirl.

Blacker than night were the eyes of Felina,

Wicked and evil while casting a spell.

My love was deep for this Mexican maiden;

I was in love but in vain, I could tell.

B:

One night a wild young cowboy came in,

Wild as the West Texas wind.

Dashing and daring,

A drink he was sharing

With wicked Felina,

The girl that I loved.

So in anger I

Challenged his right for the love of this maiden.

Down went his hand for the gun that he wore.

My challenge was answered in less than a heart-beat;

The handsome young stranger lay dead on the floor.

Just for a moment I stood there in silence,

Shocked by the foul, evil deed I had done.

Many thoughts raced through my mind as I stood there;

I had but one chance and that was to run.

B:

Out through the back door of Rosa's I ran,

Out where the horses were tied.

I caught a good one.

It looked like it could run.

Up on it's back

And away I did ride,

Just as fast as I

Could from the West Texas town of El Paso

Out to the bad-lands of New Mexico.

Back in El Paso my life would be worthless.

Everything's gone in life; nothing is left.

It's been so long since I've seen the young maiden

My love is stronger than my fear of death.

B:

I saddled up and away I did go,

Riding alone in the dark.

Maybe tomorrow

A bullet may find me.

Tonight nothing's worse than this

Pain in my heart.

And at last here I

Am on the hill overlooking El Paso;

I can see Rosa's cantina below.

My love is strong and it pushes me onward.

Down off the hill to Felina I go.

Off to my right I see five mounted cowboys;

Off to my left ride a dozen or more.

Shouting and shooting I can't let them catch me.

I have to make it to Rosa's back door.

B:

Something is dreadfully wrong for I feel

A deep burning pain in my side.

Though I am trying

To stay in the saddle,

I'm getting weary,

Unable to ride.

But my love for

Felina is strong and I rise where I've fallen,

Though I am weary I can't stop to rest.

I see the white puff of smoke from the rifle.

I feel the bullet go deep in my chest.

From out of nowhere Felina has found me,

Kissing my cheek as she kneels by my side.

Cradled by two loving arms that I'll die for,

One little kiss and Felina, good-bye

:cornette:

That's exactly how I see it going, more or less. Comes back to take care of business, gets mortally wounded, dies in Skyler's arms.

The People's Chimp

It showed you them dragging hank into the grave with a bullet in his heed :lol:

Just seen that post. "He might not be deed." :rofl:

Stacked up a couple of episodes so I could revel in them, up to date now, the last three were utterly stunning. Incredible.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Vince Gilligan's next show - set in the 'semi-mean streets' of Battle Creek, Michigan.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/26/business/media/breaking-bad-creator-gilligan-in-deal-for-cbs-show-battle-creek.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/25/battle-creek-vince-gilligan-cbs-series-order_n_3992195.html

Battle Creek is where I spend most of my working life so I'll see if I can get a bit part if they actually shoot it on location :laugh:

Victor Mancini

not seen this mentioned yet - After several days of speculation fueled by univision on March 13, 2013, Sony confirmed that it would be making a Spanish-language remake of Breaking Bad entitled Met?stasis starring Diego Trujillo as Walter Blanco (Walter White) and Roberto Urbina as Jose Miguel Rosas (Jesse Pinkman). i wonder how that'll pan out

also i never realised the actress who plays Lydia is scottish http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0292182/

jack D and coke
not seen this mentioned yet - After several days of speculation fueled by univision on March 13, 2013, Sony confirmed that it would be making a Spanish-language remake of Breaking Bad entitled Met?stasis starring Diego Trujillo as Walter Blanco (Walter White) and Roberto Urbina as Jose Miguel Rosas (Jesse Pinkman). i wonder how that'll pan out

also i never realised the actress who plays Lydia is scottish http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0292182/

I knew there was a Scottish actress in it I remember reading it somewhere but I wasn't sure who it was.

Think she was meant to play the wife in Homeland as well but she got replaced after the original pilot.

Snake Plissken

An I the only one who thinks Todd's character is brilliant/fits in perfectly?

Nope, I like Matt Damon-Lite as well.

As much as I hated seeing BLANK (we still doing spoilers here?) killed I think it will heighten the tension of the final episode. The fact that BLANK was a completely innocent and likeable character means that for the final episode nobody is safe. With the exception of the baby, ANY character could be caught in the crossfire.

The increased use of Walt Jr (Flynn) these past few weeks makes me believe something is going to happen with him.

tartofmidlothian

Here's another fun fact for you, Betsy Brandt who plays Hank Schrader's wife studied acting at the RSAMD in Glasgow. So did the actress who plays Pete Campbell's wife in Mad Men, I forget her name.

It's Alison Brie, just checked.

Here's an article (*Don't read if you haven't seen the Dexter finale!) on Dexter v Breaking Bad, mostly critiquing Dexter and where it went so wrong. It's a lot of stuff that those of us that have watched both have probably thought, but it shows just how good Breaking Bad is and how lucky they are to have had consistently good writing/writers throughout the show.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/24/4-things-dexters-final-season-could-have-learned-from-breaking-bad

Have been avoiding this thread like the plague until I got caught up :lol:

Can't wait for the final episode!

I reckon beneke comes back and kills skyler :lol:

Just hope that the better call Saul tv series is going to be of the same high standards as this.

When will the last episode be ready for downloading.

tartofmidlothian

Have been avoiding this thread like the plague until I got caught up :lol:

Can't wait for the final episode!

I reckon beneke comes back and kills skyler :lol:

The Villa striker??

Here's an article (*Don't read if you haven't seen the Dexter finale!) on Dexter v Breaking Bad, mostly critiquing Dexter and where it went so wrong. It's a lot of stuff that those of us that have watched both have probably thought, but it shows just how good Breaking Bad is and how lucky they are to have had consistently good writing/writers throughout the show.

http://uk.ign.com/ar...om-breaking-bad

Have you read the comments on that article? I think they're going easy on Dexter there. Shocking fall from grace the last 3 seasons

Have you read the comments on that article? I think they're going easy on Dexter there. Shocking fall from grace the last 3 seasons

I have, that's one unmoderated comments section...

Eventually caught up, have been avoiding this thread for a couple of weeks.

See Todd, i hate his little ginger rat face he's a little evil ******* i hope lydia rapes his bumhole with a hedgehog.

Anyway, Jesse will be the last survivor I think. I also have an inkling that the grey matter guys may be the ones who receive the ricin.

Archived