Breaking Bad - Final episodes (warning: spoilers)

jack D and coke

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

There were a couple of things that could have being better, I think they try to tied everything up and it felt a bit slowed paced.

A perfect ending would have being him recording a video message for his kids at the end and shooting himself, as it would tie up with the first ever thing you see in the first episode. I would also have taken out the scene where he is setting up the gun as I felt if ruined the surprise(remember how good the bit where Gus gets blowed up is). Apart from that it was brilliant. Jesse killing Todd, Walt killing himself protecting Jesse, Lydia getting poisoned, the scene with his wife, grey matter. Everyone got the ending they deserved. It was beautiful.

The third last episode was that good that the past two have felt so slow and uneventful for me. I was hoping when jessie had the gun he was going to shoot himself and Walt is then lifted and has to live with it for the rest of his life.

I can see why people liked it, it neatly tied everything up but it was just really forgettable for me. I thought the song at the end was woeful as well. For some reason in the sopranos don't stop believing just added to the whole thing, this song just seemed wrong.

Also - the nazis search him thoroughly, look inside his car but don't check the boot?!

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved it. Tension, pathos, no silly loose ends and Walter gets to die with his loved ones looked after and at - relative - peace, whilst the outside world thinks he's the man who can build a meth empire, get caught and build another one whilst the entire country is looking for him. He gets to be both walter white and heisenberg.

That said, it wasnt the best episode of breaking bad ever, but it doesnt need to be. It needs to be a great ending and it was.

The third last episode was that good that the past two have felt so slow and uneventful for me. I was hoping when jessie had the gun he was going to shoot himself and Walt is then lifted and has to live with it for the rest of his life.

I can see why people liked it, it neatly tied everything up but it was just really forgettable for me. I thought the song at the end was woeful as well. For some reason in the sopranos don't stop believing just added to the whole thing, this song just seemed wrong.

Also - the nazis search him thoroughly, look inside his car but don't check the boot?!

Agree about the song, for a show that got it so spot on with the music choice I felt it was a let down, the music for the trailer was better.

Everyone's different, the sopranos ending was a proper love/hate ending, I think last night the majority were happy.

Patrick Bateman

Jesse killing Walt would have been totally inconsistent with the rest of the show. As for people complaining about it being 'too slow'? What did you expect? The last episode is there to tie up loose ends and create tension towards the end, which it did, pretty much perfectly. I sometimes wonder if I'm watching the same show as some people, wondering if Hank was still alive FFS :D

Jesse killing Walt would have been totally inconsistent with the rest of the show. As for people complaining about it being 'too slow'? What did you expect? The last episode is there to tie up loose ends and create tension towards the end, which it did, pretty much perfectly. I sometimes wonder if I'm watching the same show as some people, wondering if Hank was still alive FFS :D

So...is Hank a zombie then, that never got answered, did it?

Victor Mancini

I thought it was a fantastic ending, my only minor gripe was I'd have liked the writers to elaborate on what the future held for Jesse, no money, no family to turn to, I'm assuming due to his cooperation with hank and marie being fully aware of that he'd be off the hook?

Seeing Todd being strangled was satisfying as the shite deserved everything he got!

There isn't a rule on how shows should end. For me the final episodes have been building tension up to the finale so it wasn't just about tying up loose ends, it was a little bit of an anti climax, but overall a nice ending and a great show.

Patrick Bateman

There isn't a rule on how shows should end. For me the final episodes have been building tension up to the finale so it wasn't just about tying up loose ends, it was a little bit of an anti climax, but overall a nice ending and a great show.

Of course not, but why would Jesse kill Walt after all they'd been through? Walt wanted to give him release, but Jesse didn't want to give Walt the satisfaction or control. He knew he was being manipulated for the last time and that Walt was already dying anyway. That's what their relationship was build on. How could it have been more of a climax than Walt gunning down the White Supremacists, poisoning Lydia and saving Jesse? He tied up the loose ends; there wasn't much else you could do with 60 minutes remaining.

Of course not, but why would Jesse kill Walt after all they'd been through? Walt wanted to give him release, but Jesse didn't want to give Walt the satisfaction or control. He knew he was being manipulated for the last time and that Walt was already dying anyway. That's what their relationship was build on. How could it have been more of a climax than Walt gunning down the White Supremacists, poisoning Lydia and saving Jesse? He tied up the loose ends; there wasn't much else you could do with 60 minutes remaining.

I've not mentioned jessie killing Walt, I did say it was slow though. The extended scenes with skyler always bore me because she's a shite character. All the stuff you mentioned happened in the last few minutes, I just expected a bit more action throughout.

All about opinions, it wasn't bad it just wasn't as good as I expected. The song bugged me because it really didn't feel right!

Patrick Bateman

I've not mentioned jessie killing Walt, I did say it was slow though. The extended scenes with skyler always bore me because she's a shite character. All the stuff you mentioned happened in the last few minutes, I just expected a bit more action throughout.

All about opinions, it wasn't bad it just wasn't as good as I expected. The song bugged me because it really didn't feel right!

I heard they filmed at least one alternative ending, so you might see it realised in a completely different way. One or two differences to the last episodes and you'd have a completely different series. I like that he died as a hero and as Heisenberg, though.

I thought it was a fantastic ending, my only minor gripe was I'd have liked the writers to elaborate on what the future held for Jesse, no money, no family to turn to, I'm assuming due to his cooperation with hank and marie being fully aware of that he'd be off the hook?

Seeing Todd being strangled was satisfying as the shite deserved everything he got!

You were never going to get that about Jesse, and it would be quite poor if they did do it. It's not a riding off into the sunset show, and what you got with Jesse being freed and driving off is as close to it as it was going to be.

Brilliant end to what I'm now happy to call the best TV series of all time. That final series lifted it just above The Wire and The Sopranos for me.

Compare this with the pathetic way that the once great Dexter limped out and I'm glad they ended it while the show was still in its prime.

Brilliant end to what I'm now happy to call the best TV series of all time. That final series lifted it just above The Wire and The Sopranos for me.

Compare this with the pathetic way that the once great Dexter limped out and I'm glad they ended it while the show was still in its prime.

Aye one thing it did do is end it at the perfect time. We could all have done with a few more seasons but it knew it had to bow out while on top.

Even Badger and Skinny Pete getting to do one last comic turn as the 'hitmen' was a touch of genius. For me it was a perfectly written ending. No bullshit loose ends, just everything wrapped up as you would want it to be. This series deserves all the eulogies and accolades it has been receiving.

I thought it was excellent. Maybe a slight complaint that Walt was given a bit of redemption that really he didn't deserve, but it did also feel in keeping with his personality.

A brilliant programme overall, one that kept improving as it went along

Another really nice touch was Walt killing the uncle before he told him where the money was, it was like a giant, "I don't give a **** about money anymore".

Private Hudson

Impossible to please everyone but I thought it was perfectly acceptable. Sopranos is still the daddy of all endings though.

I thought it was excellent. Maybe a slight complaint that Walt was given a bit of redemption that really he didn't deserve, but it did also feel in keeping with his personality.

A brilliant programme overall, one that kept improving as it went along

I said it before, i don't think Walt was "evil" , the ending for him was perfect.

Impossible to please everyone but I thought it was perfectly acceptable. Sopranos is still the daddy of all endings though.

A fair few reviews I've read have used The Sopranos ending as an example of a way not to end a season, even having it in the same sentence as Lost. Mental.

I said it before, i don't think Walt was "evil" , the ending for him was perfect.

I think the show made great play of making sure you knew he was horrible over the last series. He always had that duality and I'm not disappointed in it, but not sure he deserved it.

A fair few reviews I've read have used The Sopranos ending as an example of a way not to end a season, even having it in the same sentence as Lost. Mental.

Never understood how anyone could watch all of The Sopranos them not get the ending. It was perfect.

Chad Sexington

Another really nice touch was Walt killing the uncle before he told him where the money was, it was like a giant, "I don't give a **** about money anymore".

Yeah, Spot on. That was brilliant. :)

Private Hudson

It was the thinking man's ending. Depending on how you view it, it was either he gets popped - the end, or his life just carries on after a load of violent happenings around him - as it had during the whole story. In my opinion, of course.

I've been avoiding this thread for weeks....was never ever up to date enough to open it and see what was being said.

Watched the first series months ago and then started season 2 at beginning of September and by last night at 7pm, we had the last 6 episodes of season 5 to watch, finale not included. We finished the last of those episodes at 01:40 this morning...nice timing.... :)

Unbelievable telly. I've been thinking about it on and off all day today, mulling it over. Don't think a television show has ever made me do that - I miss it already. :oldsad:

Perfect ending. I'd rather they didn't sacrifice character development, consistency or tying up loose ends just for the sake of punchy "end game" drama. It answered all the questions I wanted answered, things were as they should be. As mentioned above, it was just right. People got what they deserved.

God knows what on earth I can watch next though, difficult for any show to live up to Breaking Bad.

Never understood how anyone could watch all of The Sopranos them not get the ending. It was perfect.

Always thought that myself. The only TV show I've watched now that's on a par with Breaking Bad.

The Wire has been relegated to 3rd place.

Kalamazoo Jambo

It's also a reference to Hank's death, where Uncle Jack shot Hank halfway through a sentence.

I think I want to watch the whole series again already.

Even though you know what's going to happen, I still think it'll be good second time round!

Really not sure what to watch next.

Not seen the Sopranos or The Wire, I've had the Wire box set for over a year and only watched the first episode!!

:pleasing:

^^^

My face at the end.

How can anybody have complaints? Song at the end was brilliant. Juxtaposed to the mood of pretty much the whole show and worked brilliantly for me.

Is Hank still alive though and is Walt's cancer really back?

:cornette:

Kalamazoo Jambo

Is Hank still alive though and is Walt's cancer really back?

:cornette:

It depends how you define 'alive'. The name of the last episode, 'Felina' is an EXACT anagram of 'Hank is a Zombie'. Make of that what you will.

Outstanding ending.

The tension was incredible. Couldn't take my eyes off it.

Listening intently, watching as the loose ends were tied up to perfection.

Stunning. Best TV Drama ever.

I think I want to watch the whole series again already.

Even though you know what's going to happen, I still think it'll be good second time round!

Really not sure what to watch next.

Not seen the Sopranos or The Wire, I've had the Wire box set for over a year and only watched the first episode!!

I just done that bar the last 7 episodes.The wife had never seen it and she has been off work with a broken leg so we watched the whole lot together.Its great doing 4 or 5 episodes a day.

Big huell is still sitting in the safe house :lol:

Huell is still in that hotel room. Kimmel finally asked Gilligan the question most "Breaking Bad" fans have been wondering: what happened to Huell after Hank and Gomez left him in the hotel room? Gilligan answered that no one called Saul's lackey, which means Huell is still there -- though somehow that seems a bit unlikely. Still, it makes this joke sitcom one step closer to being a reality.

Also in that interview gilligan said he considered an ending where Walt was the only one to survive.

Snake Plissken

I was satisfied with that ending, a fitting end to a great show.

I'm pleased they've bowed out at the right time, it must have been tempting to draw it out for a couple more seasons.

Archived