The Ashes

Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer

Here's Boycott speaking to Dave, wonder what he's saying...

BPij4lnCYAAoW0F.jpg

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tommy Wiseau

Have I ever told you chancers about that time I got steaming at Trent Bridge and dragged Geoff Boycott out of a car for a photo? It was entirely non-consensual :lol:

The picture is a beezer as well, me beaming and him looking so angry with what has just happened. Wearing a glorious suit and hat though :pinilla:

Here's Boycott speaking to Dave, wonder what he's saying...

BPij4lnCYAAoW0F.jpg

He's probably just told Cameron that Dave's an inadequate man and should never have left school. At the instant this photo was snapped, Cameron still thought he was joking.

Have I ever told you chancers about that time I got steaming at Trent Bridge and dragged Geoff Boycott out of a car for a photo? It was entirely non-consensual :lol:

The picture is a beezer as well, me beaming and him looking so angry with what has just happened. Wearing a glorious suit and hat though :pinilla:

Pic plz.

Tommy Wiseau

I don't have it, on my mates phone I believe :lol:

I can't stress enough how annoyed Boycott was with me :lol: He'd just told everyone that he was in a rush and had to go, no time for autographs etc. I never took that as an acceptable answer :lol:

He's probably just told Cameron that Dave's an inadequate man and should never have left school. At the instant this photo was snapped, Cameron still thought he was joking.

Brilliant.

:spoton:

Brilliant.

:spoton:

"You went to Eton and what good did it do you? Look at Blowers, he's a national treasure, but you're a worthless twerp."

Follow on looming?

It could happen, or maybe England will want to take advantage of the pitch and try to get another 400 and allow themselves plenty of time to bowl Australia out.

Alan Johnson

It could happen, or maybe England will want to take advantage of the pitch and try to get another 400 and allow themselves plenty of time to bowl Australia out.

The way Australia have batted so far they might not need any more than they've already got. If England bowl them out for under 160 and put them back in this could be done by tomorrow afternoon.

ToadKiller Dog

Follow on looming?

Think England will bat again their top order need the practice , they might not get anymore this test by enforcing the follow on . Joking .

I would put them back in they are reeling .

Return call ups for Warne , Alan Border and Denis Lillie for the 3rd test .

Seriously...don't you just love cricket statistics...

from BBC site

'This is only he second time that both openers have been lbw for both teams in the first innings of a Test. The only other case was South Africa v England at Johannesburg in 1931.'

Australia committing Harry Carry according to G. Boycott.

'arry Carry surely :D

Don't know if the Stuart Broad joke has made it to this thread...

Stuart Broad walks into a bar...

No, he doesn't - he never walks :lol:

Don't know if the Stuart Broad joke has made it to this thread...

Stuart Broad walks into a bar...

No, he doesn't - he never walks :lol:

LOLZ

kingantti1874

Will England enforce the follow on if they can or too hot? They haven't exactly been out there for that long

Alan Johnson

Not really going to get the non cricket fans (me) interested, is this.

I would have thought a day like today, with England scoring at a pretty quick rate this morning then lots of wickets falling, would be exactly the type to get non-fans interested. Certainly more so than a day of a steady 3 runs an over for 90 overs with 4 or 5 wickets falling and not much happening :lol:

Franklin Delano Bluth

Best thing about Cricket was screaming 'HOWZAAAAAAAAT' like a bunch of banshees in school.

Used to appeal before the ball reached the batsman, FFS.

:jjyay:

That isn't cricket though, and is very unsporting.

I would have thought a day like today, with England scoring at a pretty quick rate this morning then lots of wickets falling, would be exactly the type to get non-fans interested. Certainly more so than a day of a steady 3 runs an over for 90 overs with 4 or 5 wickets falling and not much happening :lol:

I semi agree with you, but it needs to be tight too. A whitewash isn't all that worth watching, unless you are English of course.

Not really going to get the non cricket fans (me) interested, is this.

Im not a big fan but like the ashes... I think this seris so far has been excellent. Alot of wickets on some days combined with good batting on others. Much prefer it to watching golf and f1 just now, sports I used to be quite into but starting to find quite boring

Kenny ******* Powers

23 wickets in the match in two days.

They keep saying it's a good pitch too!!

kingantti1874

England should have followed on, pitch is good, aussies rocking... Could give them a sniff

Harry Palmer

Been concentrating more on the gowf.

England to at least bat all day tomorrow and that leaves them 2 days to scuttle Australia but the way it seems to be going (quick wkts etc), it could be another tense finish when it should be fairly straight forward for England.

In saying that though, Australia have been mostly guff batting-wise so it might not matter what England score.

And I'm just slavering to try and look like I know what I'm going on about! :stuart:

England should have followed on, pitch is good, aussies rocking... Could give them a sniff

I think the English bowlers would have been knackered, hence no follow on to let them rest.

Franklin Delano Bluth

Are both teams so shit it's a competition to see which team is slightly less shit than the other?

While I want England to win I would be happy with a closer contest. On the other hand a sports journalist was interviewed on Sky Sports Australia and he was amazing. He told us that England's bowling stocks were very thin and couldn't withstand 10 Ashes tests. Australia on the other hand was oozing with talent and he went on to rattle off a list of names. This was before the start of this Lords test.

He wasn't finished there. He told us that Harris was a phenomenal bowler and better than Jimmy Anderson.

I didn't catch this clown's name and had never seen him before. Will keep an eye out for him though and let you know who he is. Clearly not important enough to be stuck on a plane and cover it from England.

The_razors_edge

While I want England to win I would be happy with a closer contest. On the other hand a sports journalist was interviewed on Sky Sports Australia and he was amazing. He told us that England's bowling stocks were very thin and couldn't withstand 10 Ashes tests. Australia on the other hand was oozing with talent and he went on to rattle off a list of names. This was before the start of this Lords test.

He wasn't finished there. He told us that Harris was a phenomenal bowler and better than Jimmy Anderson.

I didn't catch this clown's name and had never seen him before. Will keep an eye out for him though and let you know who he is. Clearly not important enough to be stuck on a plane and cover it from England.

I've always said there's only one thing worse thing than an arrogant Englishman.......and that's an arrogant Australian

ToadKiller Dog

Englands cricket team has for the most part always been conservative in nature this decisions suits their style , the great Aussie teams of Waugh to Ponting era would have put England back in .

I still expect England to get enough runs on Saturday to win this one ,.

Though think Lehman will eventually turn them around not for this series but for the return in Australia .

Although they've bowled quite well, this must be the worst Australian team in over 20 years.

ToadKiller Dog

Although they've bowled quite well, this must be the worst Australian team in over 20 years.

I would go back longer this is the worst Aussie team that I can remember even the 85 ashes side had quality in Border , Boon , Craig McDermott .

All would walk into this current side .

Talking about the follow on Austrialia are the only test side to have lost after enforcing the follow on , it's happened to them 3 times

I would go back longer this is the worst Aussie team that I can remember even the 85 ashes side had quality in Border , Boon , Craig McDermott .

All would walk into this current side .

Talking about the follow on Austrialia are the only test side to have lost after enforcing the follow on , it's happened to them 3 times

That's an amazing stat. I presume the judgement was that the pitch is going to be very difficult to bat on in the last couple of days and Cook wanted to put the result out of Aussie's reach. Unless England collapse completely, that's what will happen. It may in fact be out of their reach already.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Are both teams so shit it's a competition to see which team is slightly less shit than the other?

This in spades.

looking forward to another night of sports. Crusaders up first, then Man utd, then flick between golf and cricket. beauty mate.

Archived