The Ashes

Harry Palmer

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trott blows it again for no good reason .

Big loss in confidence in himself I would say .

Mmmm...49 isn't too bad.

But you are right, in that Trott has hardly fired all series.

Harry Palmer

Pietersen walks!!! :o

26 for KP.

149-3

Cook out for 51, lbw.

153-4

Alan Johnson

Bairstow hits a single for his first run in 65 minutes, turgid stuff...

Given out a few balls later!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

ToadKiller Dog

Sky saying the average first innings in the county games at Durham around 250 England might not reach that .

Australia have looked the smarter side in this and the last test . England a bit lackadaisical .

As posted above somewhere it looks like England are going to have to carry Bairstow in the way Bell was carried in 2005. Obviously the selectors back then could see Bell's talent. But Bairstow doesn't look like a Test batsman. Nor does Root convince as an opener ... in my view too 'loose' in how he plays the ball.

Root back to 6 and Compton in for Bairstow for the next Test.

Massive morning tomorrow. If Warner and Rogers have Australia 80 for none at lunch then they will be in a great position. Big pressure on Broad in particular.

Harry Palmer

Wait? Bairstow is a batsman? :o

I never knew that but then, I don't think he know's that either....

Momentum seems to be with the Aussies now, looking toward the return in Oz (Nov), thought England might have changed things a wee bit for this Test.

ToadKiller Dog

The Review system taking over from the game again . More and more I am siding with the Indian view on it .

That call was just a mess .

The Review system taking over from the game again . More and more I am siding with the Indian view on it .

That call was just a mess .

The farcical rule that doesn't allow the best umpires in the world to officiate isn't helping.

Alan Johnson

:rofl:

Rogers given out for an inside edge behind, reviews it. Turns out the ball hit his only pad so they check the LBW which shows him as out on the umpire's call. But because the umpire gave him out for a catch behind, he technically gave him not out on the LBW so Rogers survives. Great this DRS, isn't it?

Harry Palmer

I thought an appeal covered everything regardless of what the ump gave him out for.

Get rid of the shite review system and get back to the way it was.

ToadKiller Dog

Great talk from Warne and Hussain in the nets about spin bowling and facing spin bowling .

Showing the real technique and planning needed in the game .

Strauss involved now as well .

Harry Palmer

This England team are nowhere near as good as they think they are

Aye.

It's a pity (not really) that the Aussies were gash for the first 2 Tests otherwise they could have strolled to success.

Anyway, a couple of wickets gone this morning inc Rogers for 110.

And Katy Perry wants to tour Yorkshire with Sir Geoff, that's from yesterday not today.

Century for Bell!

Could be crucial.

It might well be that Bell's centuries lead to 3 Ashes wins and thus the series. Incredible form especially as he has another 2 50s as well. Has hit nearly twice as many 4s as any other batsmen in the series.

He is so good to watch when he is in form too. Brilliant.

Harry Palmer

Last time I checked Aussies were 120-1 and that was only a couple of hours ago.

Must have been some collapse.

England could finish it tonight.

Ian Bell is going to be the Man of the Series without winning a Man of the Match award!

Has this ever happened before?

Geoff Kilpatrick

The cameo in the tail from Bresnan and Swann won this for England. Chasing 300 in the last dig on that wicket was always going to be tough.

I went to bed just before the end of the England innings.

Must admit I didnt think it would all be over when I woke up.

Another good win for England and I think they'll end this series 4-0.

But I think the "return" Ashes will be very, very interesting.

Geoff Kilpatrick

What the Aussie media making of it?

I think they are optimistic for the return leg. I would be if Iwere them as I think the Aussies have been better than a 3-0 scoreline.

Can't wait for Boxing Day! :jjyay:

Harry Palmer

5th and final Test of this series starts today.

The Aussie coach, Lehmann or is it Boof( :stuart: ) has had a go at Broad for 'blatant cheating' and wants the Aussie fans to 'make him cry in the winter.' :mellow:

From BBC: "Certainly our players haven't forgotten, they're calling him everything under the sun as they go past so I would hope the Australian public are the same because that was just blatant cheating," said Lehmann.

"I don't advocate walking, but when you hit it to first slip it's pretty hard. I hope the Australian public give it to him right from the word go for the whole summer, and I hope he cries and goes home."

"I hope everyone gets stuck into him," said Lehmann. "The way he has carried on is ridiculous.

"He knew he hit it at the slip and the biggest problem there is the poor umpire cops all the crap that he gets in the paper and Stuart Broad makes him look like a fool. From my point of view it's poor, so I hope the public get stuck into him.

The Aussie coach, Lehmann or is it Boof( :stuart: ) has had a go at Broad for 'blatant cheating' and wants the Aussie fans to 'make him cry in the winter.' :mellow:

From BBC: "Certainly our players haven't forgotten, they're calling him everything under the sun as they go past so I would hope the Australian public are the same because that was just blatant cheating," said Lehmann.

"I don't advocate walking, but when you hit it to first slip it's pretty hard. I hope the Australian public give it to him right from the word go for the whole summer, and I hope he cries and goes home."

"I hope everyone gets stuck into him," said Lehmann. "The way he has carried on is ridiculous.

"He knew he hit it at the slip and the biggest problem there is the poor umpire cops all the crap that he gets in the paper and Stuart Broad makes him look like a fool. From my point of view it's poor, so I hope the public get stuck into him.

Ha! Lehmann obviusly shiting it as Broad destroyed them in the last test.

No mention of the jammy decisions the Aussies got in the previous tests either.

Hope England humiliate them in this Test, AND over in Oz.

Lehmann attempting to paper over the cracks in Aussie cricket by bleating on about one decision over 4 tests.

Hope Broad destroys them out there this winter.

Broad nicked it to the keeper who it ballooned off to slip. Where is the difference with all the Aussies who have waited for the umpire? Such as Clarke when he hit it off the face of the bat to short leg? Poor form from Lehman.

As for this Test - what a bizarre selection from England. Who would the Aussies prefer to face? An inexperienced trundler and an inexperienced spinner - or 90mph Finn and the smash the ball into the deck Tremlett?

Harry Palmer

Clarke bowled by Anderson(2nd wkt) for 7 runs.

Watson should make his hundred on 98 atm.

144-3.

Archived