Goodwillie

jayjay

Not true, the 2014/15 strip was only decided on a few weeks back. Infact the day of the sponsors evening was when the designs were finalised. I know this as solid fact.

Yeah but I was talking about last seasons and this so two years then again it might have been the last umbro one and this seasons can't remember when I seem the quote from Lawrence

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rossthejambo

What's worse than posting questionable rumours, taking a hissy fit when people question said info.

No wonder there's so many wars when people get that angry over someone doubting whether they spoke to Gary Loke or not.

Gregory House M.D.

Did he mention whether next seasons kit will pay tribute to the 1914/15 team? Extremely poor show if it doesn't. Would love it if it was a Maroon top with a white collar, white shorts and Black socks.

niblick1874

Did he mention whether next seasons kit will pay tribute to the 1914/15 team? Extremely poor show if it doesn't. Would love it if it was a Maroon top with a white collar, white shorts and Black socks.

That would be something special :pleased: and a no brainer. If they told us that they were going to do it and then showed us it at the normal time, that would be cool.

Ron Burgundy

What's worse than posting questionable rumours, taking a hissy fit when people question said info.

No wonder there's so many wars when people get that angry over someone doubting whether they spoke to Gary Loke or not.

no hissy fit and certainly not angry.

niblick1874

That would be something special :pleased: and a no brainer. If they told us that they were going to do it and then showed us it at the normal time, that would be cool.

I might ad that it would be a very good show case for Hearts. Worldwide. what a story.

Fly the Saltire

Hearts players volunteered in November 1914 that is the time to commemorate, not celebrate, what was a horrendous waste of lives for a pointless war between rival monarchies.

niblick1874

Hearts players volunteered in November 1914 that is the time to commemorate, not celebrate, what was a horrendous waste of lives for a pointless war between rival monarchies.

Yes, but they should not be forgotten, and it should be done with pride.

Gregory House M.D.

I was suggesting celebrating what should've been a league title winning team and commemorating their sacrifice not only to fight for King and Country but to drag the name of football and Hearts out the gutter.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The guys who take care of the war memorial make it pretty clear that should be the one and only tribute, kind of agree, although I'm sure there is a statue being built at Tynecastle in time for the anniversary?

No cringeworthy strips plz.

Gregory House M.D.

The guys who take care of the war memorial make it pretty clear that should be the one and only tribute, kind of agree, although I'm sure there is a statue being built at Tynecastle in time for the anniversary?

Aye because wearing black socks would be cringeworthy :cornette:

It's for the team and their season beforehand as well as their sacrifice. I'd see your point if people suggested some full camo kit or some grand design on the front of the top but black socks?

Aye because wearing black socks would be cringeworthy :cornette:

It's for the team and their season beforehand as well as their sacrifice. I'd see your point if people suggested some full camo kit or some grand design on the front of the top but black socks?

Just sounds shite.

We have a war memorial. We aren't Liverpool.

niblick1874

I was suggesting celebrating what should've been a league title winning team and commemorating their sacrifice not only to fight for King and Country but to drag the name of football and Hearts out the gutter.

There are many that know what Hearts are all about that I have met in Canada.

rossthejambo

Since when was Hearts name in the gutter?

Gregory House M.D.

Just sounds shite.

A war memorial that is in storage and another in Contalmaison. I won't be holding my breath for this statue you talk of either.

Hardly a Liverpool-esque thing to do to remember the players from 1914/15 with a pair of socks on the 100th anniversary.

Almost as if some people want the whole thing turned into a wee clique event like so many other Hearts orientated things.

jamboinglasgow

completely agree, it needs to be done with dignity not to milk it. The memorial was built to remember them, and every November (except for recent years due to Tram works) there is a ceremony at the memorial to remember them. Prehaps we can a special ceremony to commemorate their sacrifice at 100 years of the great war, but it has to be dignified and somber.

Gregory House M.D.

Since when was Hearts name in the gutter?

They were absolutely torn to bits by the public at that time. The infamous "White Feathers of Midlothian" letter amongst others.

kylelauren01

Talk about going off topic...I had to go back 5 pages to remind myself what the original topic was. A typical KB thread!! I find myself hoping that the Goodwillie rumour chat is true as he would be something very, very different to what we have seen in goodness knows how many years.

rossthejambo

They were absolutely torn to bits by the public at that time. The infamous "White Feathers of Midlothian" letter amongst others.

Ah fair enough, absolutely comparable to fighting for your country.

Anyway any memorial should be made in November, a season long remembrance, even with just a pair of black socks, although I'm not sure how that would show any sort of significance to random punters, does seem like a bit much to me.

Maybe a macraes battalion badge sown into the strip when the poppies are brought out ? simple, dignified and non milking

Poppy commemorates everybody and the badge commemorates the hearts men that died

Gregory House M.D.

Anyway any memorial should be made in November, a season long remembrance, even with just a pair of black socks, although I'm not sure how that would show any sort of significance to random punters, does seem like a bit much to me.

What? They were chastised for not fighting the war. They enlisted and dragged the club back up. It's not "comparable" because it was never meant to be.

Fermit the Krog

Ross, if you've not got the opinion of a toap boey to hing aff, I'd recommend you shut the **** up.

In this instance you do not have so I recommend you do.

**** me man.

A war memorial that is in storage and another in Contalmaison. I won't be holding my breath for this statue you talk of either.

Hardly a Liverpool-esque thing to do to remember the players from 1914/15 with a pair of socks on the 100th anniversary.

Almost as if some people want the whole thing turned into a wee clique event like so many other Hearts orientated things.

I just don't see the point in a season long tribute when we have a good one every single November. Do you think that's a clique?! Everyone is invited. Each to their own though, but it certainly won't be an 'extremely poor show' if we don't have black socks.

rossthejambo

What? They were chastised for not fighting the war. They enlisted and dragged the club back up. It's not "comparable" because it was never meant to be.

Never questioned whether it was true or not. This post below is worded as if they're somehow comparable though, or possibly even worse, dragging the clubs name out the gutter was more important than fighting for the country. I just find that strange.

Gregory House M.D.

Maybe a macraes battalion badge sown into the strip when the poppies are brought out ? simple, dignified and non milking

Poppy commemorates everybody and the badge commemorates the hearts men that died

Seems more than a bit "let's just ignore the fact that it'll be the 100th anniversary and act like every other year" to me but each to their own. Even if it was a one off commemorative replica of their kit we play in for the game closest to 25/11/14. Don't think there is anything wrong with that.

I'd love to see the black socks for the season but maybe that'a just me. A fitting and dignified tribute without going way OTT. FFS some clubs have wore season long kits to remember a ******* trophy win :vrface:

Gregory House M.D.

Never questioned whether it was true or not. This post below is worded as if they're somehow comparable though, or possibly even worse, dragging the clubs name out the gutter was more important than fighting for the country. I just find that strange.

No, it wasn't. You just love disagreeing with me. :lol:

Gregory House M.D.

I just don't see the point in a season long tribute when we have a good one every single November. Do you think that's a clique?! Everyone is invited. Each to their own though, but it certainly won't be an 'extremely poor show' if we don't have black socks.

Every single November isn't the 100th anniversary.

niblick1874

There are many that know what Hearts are all about that I have met in Canada.

Just sounds shite.

jamboinglasgow

Seems more than a bit "let's just ignore the fact that it'll be the 100th anniversary and act like every other year" to me but each to their own. Even if it was a one off commemorative replica of their kit we play in for the game closest to 25/11/14. Don't think there is anything wrong with that.

I'd love to see the black socks for the season but maybe that'a just me. A fitting and dignified tribute without going way OTT. FFS some clubs have wore season long kits to remember a ******* trophy win :vrface:

Problem is that do we commemorate the 100th anniversary of the start of the first world war, the battle of the somme (where the battalion suffered heavy losses) or the armistice, or do we just have special strips for each?

When I see this thread has gone from 5 to 8 pages, I thought something exciting had happened in the Goodwillie front.

Should have known better.

kylelauren01

Problem is that do we commemorate the 100th anniversary of the start of the first world war, the battle of the somme (where the battalion suffered heavy losses) or the armistice, or do we just have special strips for each?

This.

kylelauren01

When I see this thread has gone from 5 to 8 pages, I thought something exciting had happened.

Should have known better.

To be fair, it is now off on its 3rd different tangent!!

It's the 100th anniversary of Emily Davidson's death ... you gonnae chuck yourself infront of a horse to mark it?

We will keep it low key and dignified as always, it would be cringeworthy bringing out socks to sell in order to mark something which also involved many other teams.

Anyway, miles off topic now. Look forward to seeing you in your full kit and black socks next season.

niblick1874

End off. That is all. If you can not see this, you are a drama queen

Gregory House M.D.

Or them enlisting. There was a few events that happened in that season and in the wake of that season that are extremely meaningful to the history of Hearts.

The opening of the current mainstand, the 8 game winning streak, the 20 game unbeaten run, the players enlisting en mass as well as a fair amount of fans. Then 2016 will mark the anniversary of the battle of the somme.

Gregory House M.D.

It's the 100th anniversary of Emily Davidson's death ... you gonnae chuck yourself infront of a horse to mark it?

We will keep it low key and dignified as always, it would be cringeworthy bringing out socks to sell in order to mark something which also involved many other teams.

Anyway, miles off topic now. Look forward to seeing you in your full kit and black socks next season.

No, I'm not planning on going and enlisting in the army or asking the players to do so to mark the anniversary of this either. What a totally shan comparison. :cornette:

No, I'm not planning on going and enlisting in the army or asking the players to do so to mark the anniversary of this either. What a totally shan comparison. :cornette:

:lol: Just wondered what you'd be doing to mark another significant event in history, seeing as you are daft for the 100 year anniversary.

Anyway, all to Liverpool for me. We have an outstanding war memorial which has, and always will be, a fitting tribute. :)

Geoff Kilpatrick

This thread shows why the close season is the silly season!

niblick1874

**** sake.

Nae ***** mentioned selling black socks

No they did not. When they did, it was transparent

Easy enough to put a retro hearts badge from the 1914-15 season on the strip with maybe "Lest We Forget" on the back of the collar or something

Geoff Kilpatrick

Easy enough to put a retro hearts badge from the 1914-15 season on the strip with maybe "Lest We Forget" on the back of the collar or something

I would like to ensure we are playing football in the 2014/15 season first, rather than worry what the strip looks like.

niblick1874

:lol: Just wondered what you'd be doing to mark another significant event in history, seeing as you are daft for the 100 year anniversary.

Anyway, all to Liverpool for me. We have an outstanding war memorial which has, and always will be, a fitting tribute. :)

Hearts mean less to you than being someone that is all over here

So ...... David Badvag ..... going to be a Jambo next season or not??

Arthur Morgan

Why do people always jump on almost everything that Bunter says? Every single thread people have a go at him just for stating his opinion, it is allowed, no?

Alwaysinourshadows

Why do people always jump on almost everything that Bunter says? Every single thread people have a go at him just for stating his opinion, it is allowed, no?

He talks Shiite may e?

Gregory House M.D.

He talks Shiite may e?

^^^ :sob:

Archived