• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When you have 27 shots on goal, with 18 of them on target, but the other player's goalie (Manuel Neuer) has an absolute blinder and nothing goes past him.

Add that together with Bale outpacing everyone down the wing and crossing in for Benzema to bullet the ball into your net on a lucky break against the run of play.  Drawing 1-1 against someone who you pumped silly all game, but because he spends his wages on Player Packs you can do nothing against is ****ing frustrating as ****.

**** off Ultimate Team.  Just **** off.

People who say braw because it now seems to be fashionable to use retro language

Do you say 'hoots' and 'och aye the noo' too?

Arseholes.

Having a migaine & one of your neighbours has someone in to do a new driveway today of all days. Seriously!?! Twat!!!!

chuck berrys hairline

Having a migaine & one of your neighbours has someone in to do a new driveway today of all days. Seriously!?! ****!!!!

Only cowboys work in the snow. I give it not even two years before it sinks!!

Only cowboys work in the snow. I give it not even two years before it sinks!!

Given they're now starting to put the monoblocks in, i'd say by the end of the year.

Sexton Hardcastle

Lunatics on bikes on the snow/icey roads.

Bad enough having to contend with those conditions and other motors skidding about the shop let alone some tug boat on a bike weaving in and out of the street.

Leave it at home and get the f'in bus.

Edinburgh folk who start using the word 'wan' when speaking to folk from the west. 

:muggy:

See also, taps aff.

And the word ned.

Never, ever used when I was growing up in Edinburgh.  My cousin from the West used it, but that was it.

Really irks me when Weegieisms become universal, and more when people ditch their local vernacular for some import.

• 3 weeks later...

I am glad his has been brought up, given Geoff's post about lack of fun.

Since it has:

1. The twat on my bus today, who was playing with his phone, with sound on, every time he touched a key.

2. The latest Facebook nomination game, where you state seven facts about yourself. I have not been nominated yet, but my timeline is full of them, with most facts completely dull.

politely remind my better half to park my car far away from the door at asda to avoid the usual door prangs and scuff marks. 

She returns the other day with the bumper scratched to f--- and the number plate hanging on by one screw... 

Did she park far away beside all the other nice cars whose drivers have the same mindset to avoid being pranged? did she nowt. 

Edited by cuthy2k

politely remind my better half to park my car far away from the door at asda to avoid the usual door prangs and scuff marks.

She returns the other day with the bumper scratched to f--- and the number plate hanging on by one screw...

Did she park far away beside all the other nice cars whose drivers have the same mindset to avoid being pranged? did she nowt.

Kill her.

Snake Plissken

When I see Paterson's name spelled Patterson.

See also: Gary Naysmith as Gary Naismith 

Jimmy Status: rustled

All roads lead to Gorgie

Those screens at bus stops that say your bus is due in two minutes and the next you look it has gone back to five minutes.

BoJack Horseman

When you're a kid, and arguing with your mum, and she was wrong, but instead of admitting it she'd just play the "I'm the boss" card and tell you to shut it. That was annoying. 

People who let their kids just run around freely shouting and screaming in public.

****ing cretins.

When you're a kid, and arguing with your mum, and she was wrong, but instead of admitting it she'd just play the "I'm the boss" card and tell you to shut it. That was annoying. 

Because she's sick to fffin death of your other nonsense that you can't comprehend.  Nap.

BoJack Horseman

Because she's sick to fffin death of your other nonsense that you can't comprehend.  Nap.

It's her house though. If she's not happy with the way I'm acting, and can't defend herself well enough, she should probably look to the root cause of those actions rather than just trying to shut me up so she can avoid the aggro.

It's her house though. If she's not happy with the way I'm acting, and can't defend herself well enough, she should probably look to the root cause of those actions rather than just trying to shut me up so she can avoid the aggro.

Quite possibly but then I'm thinking she's most likely asked you (reasonably, no doubt) to do many things countless times but has not seen satisfactory actions (repeated), and has on that one (or few) occasions has been caught out (you being right).  Add in a multitude of other factors and sometimes it's easier just to play the parent card.  Anyway, you know your mum better than me, I'd say ;)

People who let their kids just run around freely shouting and screaming in public.

****ing cretins.

This!

Nah. She's the boss.

Just telling you to do x y or z because she says so will give you a healthy respect for authority

#teamBoJackHorseman'smum

BoJack Horseman

Quite possibly but then I'm thinking she's most likely asked you (reasonably, no doubt) to do many things countless times but has not seen satisfactory actions (repeated), and has on that one (or few) occasions has been caught out (you being right).  Add in a multitude of other factors and sometimes it's easier just to play the parent card.  Anyway, you know your mum better than me, I'd say ;)

Nah, it's not that I'm doing anything inherently wrong, I can take a telling when I have. It's the times that she just can't be arsed dealing with me, and goes for the sticking the fingers in the ears tactics that really bug me. I just wish she'd let me flourish, maybe we'd have a happier house that way. It's almost like she can't be hooped being a parent sometimes.

Nah. She's the boss.

Just telling you to do x y or z because she says so will give you a healthy respect for authority

#teamBoJackHorseman'smum

You're right, she is the boss, and me and my siblings know that. Sometimes she just throws her weight around for the sake of it though, just as a reminder of who's the boss, regardless of whether or not I've done anything wrong. Just makes me want to be more rebellious when you're forcibly shut up without any rhyme or reason.

Nah, it's not that I'm doing anything inherently wrong, I can take a telling when I have. It's the times that she just can't be arsed dealing with me, and goes for the sticking the fingers in the ears tactics that really bug me. I just wish she'd let me flourish, maybe we'd have a happier house that way. It's almost like she can't be hooped being a parent sometimes.

You're right, she is the boss, and me and my siblings know that. Sometimes she just throws her weight around for the sake of it though, just as a reminder of who's the boss, regardless of whether or not I've done anything wrong. Just makes me want to be more rebellious when you're forcibly shut up without any rhyme or reason.

Wait - from your initial post I thought you were talking about historic occasions. 

Is this still happening? 

****ing cretins.

I'll add people who let their dog run around the office playing with a ****ing squeaky toy.

Probably a lot of truth in that.  Not uncommon I wouldn't think either.

BoJack Horseman

Wait - from your initial post I thought you were talking about historic occasions. 

Is this still happening? 

Less history, more allegory. Aye it's still happening. 

I'll add people who let their dog run around the office playing with a ****ing squeaky toy.

Read this, though it meant running about a park, overreaction IMO.

Read it again.

People actually bring their dogs to the office in the first place? Why not take a pram onto a construction site while they're at it?

:cornette:

Is anyone else constantly being spammed by kiddy on DJ's posting their new mix made on traktor with mp3s? Just **** off with that shit. No-one wants to hear someone make an mp3 playlist and then spam the hell out of everyone they know with it. It's not art, it's just shit. You've just achieved the musical equivalent of completing a colouring in book. That doesn't make you an artist, it makes you an attention seeking child.

Please, just stop it.

Read this, though it meant running about a park, overreaction IMO.

Read it again.

People actually bring their dogs to the office in the first place? Why not take a pram onto a construction site while they're at it?

:cornette:

People bring their dogs into our office quite a lot, most of them are fine but there's one that's in every day and he ****ing hates me :lol: He's a wee jack russell and I accidentally shifted his bed under the desk one day and he went nuts, now every time he sees me he barks and growls at me and apparently he's the same with a few others. I love dogs so I just laugh it off, just hope he doesn't snap at someone who's scared of them.

People who take those fold up bikes on commuter trains.

Not only are you taking up far too much space, but you look like a complete bell when you're cycling it - you'd be as well riding your daughter's Raleigh Shopper to work. *****.

BoJack Horseman

Is anyone else constantly being spammed by kiddy on DJ's posting their new mix made on traktor with mp3s? Just **** off with that shit. No-one wants to hear someone make an mp3 playlist and then spam the hell out of everyone they know with it. It's not art, it's just shit. You've just achieved the musical equivalent of completing a colouring in book. That doesn't make you an artist, it makes you an attention seeking child.

Please, just stop it.

Think this is a seethe reserved only for other kiddy on DJs.

Those adverts for Hive (whatever that is) where the guy sings in horrible rhymes. The most irritating thing in TV advert history.

All roads lead to Gorgie

That montage thing on the BBC news channel with the clock counting down, I find that annoying for some reason.

Please, just stop it.

I'd be up for hearing them if the tunes are good. Couldn't care less how they were mixed.

I'd be up for hearing them if the tunes are good. Couldn't care less how they were mixed.

I'd rather hear decent tunes and decent technique. Couldn't care if it was the best 20 tunes ever if it was some sequenced mix by someone with no talent on traktor. The media and delivery are important.

It's like saying I love looking at colouring in books where the colours are pretty and they never go outside of the lines. It's still just a colouring in book no matter how great the pictures are.

I'll respect you when you can draw the thing yourself.

I'd rather hear decent tunes and decent technique. Couldn't care if it was the best 20 tunes ever if it was some sequenced mix by someone with no talent on traktor. The media and delivery are important.

It's like saying I love looking at colouring in books where the colours are pretty and they never go outside of the lines. It's still just a colouring in book no matter how great the pictures are.

I'll respect you when you can draw the thing yourself.

Not at all. It's just appreciating good music without caring much about the DJ that put the tracks together.

Not at all. It's just appreciating good music without caring much about the DJ that put the tracks together.

If people are not really into DJing as an actual art-form rather than just a means of delivering music, I can see why they'd think like you do. If you're into it from a technical point of view then you might want to hear more than just decent tunes. Anyone who is into the same sort of tunes that you are can do that. It doesn't impress or entertain me any more.

The whole art of DJing is now so rare and hard to find due to the number of utter gimps with a midi-controller, a copy of traktor and a beatport account who have atatched themselves to this sort of thing and love spamming my facebook page with links to their latest mix on mixcloud or soundcloud.

This is what irritates me.

BoJack Horseman

If people are not really into DJing as an actual art-form rather than just a means of delivering music, I can see why they'd think like you do. If you're into it from a technical point of view then you might want to hear more than just decent tunes. Anyone who is into the same sort of tunes that you are can do that. It doesn't impress or entertain me any more.

The whole art of DJing is now so rare and hard to find due to the number of utter gimps with a midi-controller, a copy of traktor and a beatport account who have atatched themselves to this sort of thing and love spamming my facebook page with links to their latest mix on mixcloud or soundcloud.

I'd say 99% of punters couldn't tell if a selection of songs was mixed well or not, or if it's an mp3 that they're listening to. They'll just bother about what the songs are, and if the guy has picked songs they like, they'll enjoy listening to it. Those are the people they're being shared for, doubt they kiddy on DJs are bothered about having their mixing critiqued. 

I'd say 99% of punters couldn't tell if a selection of songs was mixed well or not, or if it's an mp3 that they're listening to. They'll just bother about what the songs are, and if the guy has picked songs they like, they'll enjoy listening to it. Those are the people they're being shared for, doubt they kiddy on DJs are bothered about having their mixing critiqued.

I couldn't give a toss what 99% of punters are into. I'm talking about people spamming my facebook page with their shite mixes. Did you not read that part Horsey? If people like these mixes then good on them. They don't interest me.

BoJack Horseman

I couldn't give a toss what 99% of punters are into. I'm talking about people spamming my facebook page with their shite mixes. Did you not read that part Horsey? If people like these mixes then good on them. They don't interest me.

I took it to mean they were posting them to their facebooks and they were showing up on your newsfeed. If they're sending them directly to you to get your opinion, then fair enough. 

I took it to mean they were posting them to their facebooks and they were showing up on your newsfeed. If they're sending them directly to you to get your opinion, then fair enough.

It happens a lot.

Funnily enough, a couple of the current kiddy on DJ culprits are the same guys who have been spamming facebook with their shite photo-art for the last few years. Brutal. Photos of the underside of a bridge and some close up cracks on a pavement. Excellent. You really are gifted.

:facepalm:

I'm more irritated by 'proper dj types' that whinge on and on about the 'art' of dj'ing yet have never mastered the true calling of a dj which is filling a dancefloor and ensuring people are having a good night.

Would rather be in a club with someone selecting good tune after good tune and using google play than a so called 'proper dj' with 'mad skillz' playing utter shite on 4 grands worth of 90's technics gear

Oh and if their mixes bug you so much then either remove/hide them from your facebook.

I'm more irritated by 'proper dj types' that whinge on and on about the 'art' of dj'ing yet have never mastered the true calling of a dj which is filling a dancefloor and ensuring people are having a good night.

Would rather be in a club with someone selecting good tune after good tune and using google play than a so called 'proper dj' with 'mad skillz' playing utter shite on 4 grands worth of 90's technics gear

Oh and if their mixes bug you so much then either remove/hide them from your facebook.

Proper DJ types? :rofl:

Hang on, are you a traktor, bedroom DJ? You seem to have taken this very personally. :D

If you're into wedding DJs then good for you mate.

To be fair, I've hidden most of them so I don't see their shitey soundcloud, attention seeking bollocks any more.

People who stop in the middle of a supermarket aisle to have a conversation with some other people, trolleys and all, either blocking the aisle in entirely, or to the point people have to inch past them. Absolute arseholes.

Genuine question, can people not use common sense and see just how blatantly inconvenient they're being, or has Old Gladys' ramble about steak pies simplified them to the point they are unable to see the ****ing obvious?

Edited by peter_hmfc

King Of The Cat Cafe

Pedestrians who suddenly stop in the middle of the pavement so that people walking behind crash into them.

People who suddenly dive across the flow of other pedestrians to get into a shop.

People who walk out of shops without looking and into the paths of passing pedestrians.

I've just ordered a beer in a Turkish restaurant. I asked the boy if I could pay for this one in cash and not to put it on the bill. So he stuck a service charge on. So my bottle of Effes draught has cost ?6.19! I'm in W1 by the way for context but a service charge for giving me a bottle of beer that I poured myself in to the same glass!