The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

What is considered to be news these days really makes me :seethe:

Some bizarre shitey story starts doing the rounds with on twitter & facebook - then gets picked up by bigger operation (buzzfeed, unilad mag or whatever) and then a few hours later will appear in the online medium of some of the broadsheets. 

A prime example of this was a few weeks ago when some weird Japanese boy videoed himself getting into a bath of coke covered in Mentos. Nothing happened - it was rubbish - but sure enough it started getting shared and then ended up being covered by the Telegraph?! 

Social media and the 24 hour requirement to churn out news really has us scraping the barrel at times. 

FACT x IMPORTANCE = NEWS

DRIVEL x INSIGNIFICANCE ? NEWS

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People who upload their FIFA "highlights" to youtube as if anyone else actually gives a shit.

I could understand uploading a short video of a great goal or a glitch, but extended highlights of a 0-0 draw?

Arseholes.

:cornette::vrface:

Edited by peter_hmfc

Sexton Hardcastle

Shite simpsons episodes. Usually if there is hee haw on around tea time you can fire ch4 or sky 1 on for half an hour and watch something mildly entertaining. But more often than not lately both stations are showing shite ones, usually the newer series.

Got a wee Indian lass at my gym who goes on the treadmill but doesn't stride when she runs, she kinda just bounces on the spot really really quickly - high knees style.

Another running one is people who insist on doing a special type of 'interval training' which consists of setting treadmill to highest possible speed, run for 20 sec barely able to keep up then jump off for a minute or 2 and repeat. The machine makes an almighty noise and even the roasters in the gym label you as a roaster.

I don't do that (I don't gym). But Hiit is far better for you than normal cardio.

The Internet

What is considered to be news these days really makes me :seethe:

Some bizarre shitey story starts doing the rounds with on twitter & facebook - then gets picked up by bigger operation (buzzfeed, unilad mag or whatever) and then a few hours later will appear in the online medium of some of the broadsheets. 

A prime example of this was a few weeks ago when some weird Japanese boy videoed himself getting into a bath of coke covered in Mentos. Nothing happened - it was rubbish - but sure enough it started getting shared and then ended up being covered by the Telegraph?! 

Social media and the 24 hour requirement to churn out news really has us scraping the barrel at times. 

:spoton:

Another recent example is the Rooney boxing thing, still not sure why that was making proper news?

Edited by Mauricio Pinilla

Fitzroy Pointon

First bit of sun this year = hordes of absolute arseholes knocking about in shorts and t shirts. You know that their freezing really.

Edited by Salad Fingers

Mid season breaks in tv shows. Pain in the ******* arse.

Gotham by chance?

Watching online as way ahead of uk (in uk on channel 5, episodes 11&12 just on last night, 2 months after online)

Now on 'another' wee break until april 13th. Theres only 3 episodes left ffs

Fitzroy Pointon

People who phone through to my desk and can see the number and person they are phoning.  When I answer, there's a stunned silence at the other end before they go "oh.....I thought this was XXXXX's number..............oh is this not her number?". Clearly not, you can see my number on the phone.  "well this is the number they gave me"  OK, well obviously they have given you a wrong number.  You then ask them to phone through to reception and they will direct the call to the correct person.  They reluctantly agree thinking that you have just lied to them.  Phone goes again and I look at the screen and it's them again.  Ringing twice and hanging up, just making sure.  Arseholes.  

Carl Fredrickson

Garages who try to rip you off. Bought a second hand car in a private sale a couple of weeks ago. Hear a noise on the way into work last Friday, thinking it may be the exhaust. Farmers is next door to my work so asked them to check it. They said they couldnt find anything wrong with the exhaust but they could give it the "once over" for me. 

Thought this was nice of them until they phoned with a long list of faults, many of which are needed done immediately. I called BS on them. Picked my car up after work and took it to my local regular garage. They put it up on the ramp thing and talked me through everything on the list. 

One tyre and a rear number plate light was all that was required immediately. 

If Farmers were honest with me i probably would have just got them to do the work for them being close to my work but instead they have lost a customer. 

jack D and coke

Garages who try to rip you off. Bought a second hand car in a private sale a couple of weeks ago. Hear a noise on the way into work last Friday, thinking it may be the exhaust. Farmers is next door to my work so asked them to check it. They said they couldnt find anything wrong with the exhaust but they could give it the "once over" for me.

Thought this was nice of them until they phoned with a long list of faults, many of which are needed done immediately. I called BS on them. Picked my car up after work and took it to my local regular garage. They put it up on the ramp thing and talked me through everything on the list.

One tyre and a rear number plate light was all that was required immediately.

If Farmers were honest with me i probably would have just got them to do the work for them being close to my work but instead they have lost a customer.

Kwik Fit are exactly the same. Tom Farmer has made a fortune out of this kind of shite. Stay well clear of these two robbing sets of *******s.

Hmmm....

I will do pacy reps of 4/6/800 metres and walk a bit I between but I know it is noisy as feck.

Deal with it !!

When I got to the gym, I don't go near the cardio machines because I'd rather run outside where there is interesting scenery and it doesn't get disgustingly hot after 5 seconds of running on the spot.

Why don't you do the same instead of paying a gym ?40 a month to run on a machine in the same place for as long as you want to run for?  Never understood it.

Nookie Bear

When I got to the gym, I don't go near the cardio machines because I'd rather run outside where there is interesting scenery and it doesn't get disgustingly hot after 5 seconds of running on the spot.

Why don't you do the same instead of paying a gym ?40 a month to run on a machine in the same place for as long as you want to run for?  Never understood it.

I use the gym at lunchtime but, like you, I much prefer to run outside and would always do this for anything over 30 minutes. It also helps if I want to do a specific distance (e.g. 10x400m)

Hope you understand better now!

P.S. I also only pay ?10.99 per month.

I use the gym at lunchtime but, like you, I much prefer to run outside and would always do this for anything over 30 minutes. It also helps if I want to do a specific distance (e.g. 10x400m)

Hope you understand better now!

P.S. I also only pay ?10.99 per month.

Enjoy your ankles, and knees while they last. :D

Guest C00l K1d

I remember years ago I went Kwik Fit for a new tyre and they told me I needed new shock absorbers.

I politely declined and took my car to my own mechanic to check it out.

He said they were talking bollox.

What else can you expect from anything associated with that lot and yes I know I should not have gone there in the first place......

Obviously he's going to say another garage is talking shite though isn't he?

I use kwik fit up by Murrayfield and have never had any problems. Taken it in a few times due to some unusual noises but they explained that it wasn't anything serious but they could fix it if I wanted.

Not all kwik fits are bad, unfortunately they are under massive pressure to make a sales quota each day and some depots act like bandits to make it.

Obviously he's going to say another garage is talking shite though isn't he?

I use kwik fit up by Murrayfield and have never had any problems. Taken it in a few times due to some unusual noises but they explained that it wasn't anything serious but they could fix it if I wanted.

Not all kwik fits are bad, unfortunately they are under massive pressure to make a sales quota each day and some depots act like bandits to make it.

When did they start repairing scalextric.

Guest C00l K1d

Yeah well I trust my own mechanic more than I would trust them.

As I stated, it was many years ago and I recall that it was in the press as well as there had been so many complaints.

But if they give a good, reliable service to you then fair enough.

It's apparently really bad down south.

I have a family member who's a manager at one of the garages and he had a lot of folk coming in accusing him of ripping them off. It's a shame because he would've reported anyone he thought was trying to rip customers off and that.

He was considering leaving the job because people were just outright being horrible to him when he was trying to do the job to the best of his ability. It was horrible tbf.

Most of it comes from the headquarters where an immense amount of pressure comes to punt deals and stuff. Think that's why people get advised to buy stuff they don't really need. Not all branches are at it though I can assure you that.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Folks on the train who stand up well before the stop.

On the other hand folks that wait until the train has stopped before getting out their seat and then cause a log jam with those trying to board.

A Boy Named Crow

On the other hand folks that wait until the train has stopped before getting out their seat and then cause a log jam with those trying to board.

Folk who try to push on the train while others are still trying to get off - I lead with the Cat boot when leaving a train...

Tony Soprano

Pet hate is when I'm trying to do a job and somebody is standing behind me watching me. **** off and let me do my job.

The guy that sits next to me at tynie, one minute shouting "enough of this s**** hoofball" then seconds later "f***** sick of this tiki taka p15h hertz, just get it in the box!!!"

Had people stand up before the train had even started from haymarket on the way to waverly today. Pricks.

And on the bus. There's a woman who gets my bus who gets up the second the bus leaves the previous stop, and stands for 5 minutes while the bus queues to get through 2 sets of traffic lights before reaching her stop. Every day. She never learns. Baffling.

Christmas markets - They are absolutely shit. They sell nothing but horrible food, overpriced drink in plastic cups and pointless plastic tat. Why are bursd so obsessed with them? Strange one.

GlasgoJambo

Christmas markets - They are absolutely shit. They sell nothing but horrible food, overpriced drink in plastic cups and pointless plastic tat. Why are bursd so obsessed with them? Strange one.

I agree. But about three months ago.

GlasgoJambo

Whistlers.

Shut the **** up.

A guy came up to me in Morrisons to tell me how great my whistling was. It wasn't sarcasm he was genuinely impressed. I can whistle Jesu Joy Of Man's Desiring.

All roads lead to Gorgie

A guy came up to me in Morrisons to tell me how great my whistling was. It wasn't sarcasm he was genuinely impressed. I can whistle Jesu Joy Of Man's Desiring.

I heard Morrison's profit margins were on a downward path, now I understand why!

Nookie Bear

Wouldn't get that in Waitrose.

I heard Morrison's profit margins were on a downward path, now I understand why!

:spoton:

On both counts :lol: .

The Hearts website. Forever moving from one section to another, too sensitive, menus drop down then disappear. Rubbish.

The Guardian calling "actresses", "actors". They think they're striking a blow for women.

In Spanish, moronic feminists want a female version of everything. In English, moronic feminists want a "gender-neutral" (masculine) version of everything.

This is also vanity and vexation of spirit.

The Guardian calling "actresses", "actors". They think they're striking a blow for women.

It is the way they are referred to in the theatre industry and have been for many years.

doctor jambo

Buying a compilation album- could be best of anything

then finding there is a Phil Collins /Genesis song on it

Anyone hate people moaning about things and expect you to care as much as them?

Or how about when you go for your lunch break at work and you just want 30 mins to chill, read the paper etc..and folk come and sit beside you, talking and generally just being a pain in the arse.

Edited by LEWISHMFC1874

Anyone hate people moaning about things and expect you to care as much as them?

Or how about when you go for your lunch break at work and you just want 30 mins to chill, read the paper etc..and folk come and sit beside you, talking and generally just being a pain in the arse.

I wish I loved the Human Race;

I wish I loved its silly face;

I wish I liked the way it walks;

I wish I liked the way it talks;

And when I'm introduced to one,

I wish I thought "What Jolly Fun!"

I P Knightley

The tw@ loser on the platform at Victoria underground station who took an electric cigarette out of the top pocket in his shirt, had a wee puff while looking around to check that folk noticed him in this act of rebellion. If you'd done it 30 seconds sooner, son, you'd have been under the train.

Who (tf) keeps stuff in a shirt pocket anyway? 

What's a shirt pocket for, FFS? I don't think I've had a 'smart' shirt with a pocket since I was in primary school.

In fact, forget the tw@ with his e-cigarette; he lives to be a tw@ another day.

Work shirts with pockets. They give me the seethe the little polyester and cotton effing ba574rds.

The tw@ loser on the platform at Victoria underground station who took an electric cigarette out of the top pocket in his shirt, had a wee puff while looking around to check that folk noticed him in this act of rebellion. If you'd done it 30 seconds sooner, son, you'd have been under the train.

Who (tf) keeps stuff in a shirt pocket anyway? 

What's a shirt pocket for, FFS? I don't think I've had a 'smart' shirt with a pocket since I was in primary school.

In fact, forget the tw@ with his e-cigarette; he lives to be a tw@ another day.

Work shirts with pockets. They give me the seethe the little polyester and cotton effing ba574rds.

I often keep pens and/or condoms in shirt pockets.

Selecting the thread topic, but pressing the op profile name accidently, I've done it, I don't know how many times on this tablet, its starting to get right on my nip ends.

Edited by aussieh

I P Knightley

Selecting the thread topic, but pressing the op profile name accidently, I've done it, I don't know how many times on this tablet, its starting to get right on my nip ends.

You're not alone.

When I'm on my iPad, I scroll down the thread using my left some. If ever anything catches my attention, I may rest my thumb on the screen which takes me through to a user's profile. Getting worried that folk might think I'm the new Stevieboobs.