Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All roads lead to Gorgie

Lucky barstewards Stu and Bo  :2thumbsup:

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

the sub goalie

Okay, over 60 and retired.

Could have a doctors appointment etc.

Although more than likely just enjoying their retirement and trolling the general public under 60 and not retired :2thumbsup:

Minor seethe but still gets me every time! You walk into the lift, someone stands next to the buttons but only hits their floor, you then have to stretch over them to hit your floor.  Too much to ask them to say "What floor you after"?!

Creepy Lurker

Minor seethe and difficult to explain:

> walk up to double doors

> one door open, one door shut

> both doors can be opened

> everyone goes through open door

> bottleneck

> open other door and go through it

> everyone looks offended

Or when you're in the same position ans there isn't a bottleneck but is someone coming the other way, so you open the door which is closed so you can both get through and they go through the same side as you and thank you for opening the door for them, when if they'd stayed on the other side you could've both got through.

BoJack Horseman

Minor seethe and difficult to explain:

> walk up to double doors

> one door open, one door shut

> both doors can be opened

> everyone goes through open door

> bottleneck

> open other door and go through it

> everyone looks offended

Or when you're in the same position ans there isn't a bottleneck but is someone coming the other way, so you open the door which is closed so you can both get through and they go through the same side as you and thank you for opening the door for them, when if they'd stayed on the other side you could've both got through.

See this at Primark a lot (aye, I shop at Primark, so what). They have an automatic door in the middle, and 2 manual ones either side of that. Everyone queues for the middle automatic door, creating a bottle neck, when there's 2 perfectly functioning doors either side of it. Folk are either lazy, clueless, or both.

BoJack Horseman

People in general seem to have trouble with doors.

I used to work with a Hibs fan who would shoulder barge anyone, from 16 year old newbies to senior management if they stood in the doorway gabbing. He was seethetastic! Especially at shift changeovers.

This applies for narrow stairwells as well. Kick to the back of the head if 2 folk have the audacity to sit on them for a gabber. 

See this at Primark a lot (aye, I shop at Primark, so what). They have an automatic door in the middle, and 2 manual ones either side of that. Everyone queues for the middle automatic door, creating a bottle neck, when there's 2 perfectly functioning doors either side of it. Folk are either lazy, clueless, or both.

:cornette:

Serves you right for being in Primark.

BoJack Horseman

:cornette:

Serves you right for being in Primark.

I pity that you have this opinion. It's a great shop for your essentials. I can only assume you've not been in it for at least 5 years, if ever.

Wearing Primark jeans right now. Cost ?9 quid, got the exact type I wanted and I don't have to have G-STAR plastered across my arse. Everyone's a winner.

Wearing Primark jeans right now. Cost ?9 quid, got the exact type I wanted and I don't have to have G-STAR plastered across my arse. Everyone's a winner.

Not sure the weans in SE Asia would agree with you there.

BoJack Horseman

Not suggesting folk get their denim from there like. I mean, I've owned a pair before, and they did the job, but were pretty shit. Can't knock it for a tenner mind. 

BoJack Horseman

It's quite sad that people don't value themselves higher than a ?9 pair of jeans.

I think it's sadder that people value themselves based on the jeans that they wear. Any clothes for that matter.

I think it's sadder that people value themselves based on the jeans that they wear. Any clothes for that matter.

It's not about valuing yourself on the clothes you wear, but valuing yourself enough to not wear jeans that cost about the same as a starter in a decent restaurant.

BoJack Horseman

It's not about valuing yourself on the clothes you wear, but valuing yourself enough to not wear jeans that cost about the same as a starter in a decent restaurant.

I don't see what the retail cost of the jeans has to do with anything. Surely it's about style, cut, material, fit, comfort? If someone can get all that for 9 quid from primark then fair play them.

I went through a period or buying ?120+ Diesel jeans and couldn't see the fuss. I've also bought the primark fellys and the fit was shite but they did what I needed from them. I've settled on high street jeans. 30 quid a pair. Do me just fine.

Do you leave the price tag on so everyone knows how much you paid for yours?

I don't see what the retail cost of the jeans has to do with anything. Surely it's about style, cut, material, fit, comfort? If someone can get all that for 9 quid from primark then fair play them.

I went through a period or buying ?120+ Diesel jeans and couldn't see the fuss. I've also bought the primark fellys and the fit was shite but they did what I needed from them. I've settled on high street jeans. 30 quid a pair. Do me just fine.

Do you leave the price tag on so everyone knows how much you paid for yours?

See a ?30 pair would do the job, a decent price for something you're going to wear out and about. If you want to pay ?100+ fair enough, that's your choice.

But buying a pair of jeans for ?9, it's just not ok. I have mates that are extremely tight and even they wouldn't go that far. They're ?9 for a reason, you aren't going to get a comfortable fit, good style or nice cut - they will be terrible quality and probably last about 3 weeks before falling apart.

Primark is the worst of a bad bunch, the conditions of the workers are disgusting and if people weren't so right there would be a much bigger focus on that.

Your last paragraph is just embarrassing.

BoJack Horseman

See a ?30 pair would do the job, a decent price for something you're going to wear out and about. If you want to pay ?100+ fair enough, that's your choice.

But buying a pair of jeans for ?9, it's just not ok. I have mates that are extremely tight and even they wouldn't go that far. They're ?9 for a reason, you aren't going to get a comfortable fit, good style or nice cut - they will be terrible quality and probably last about 3 weeks before falling apart.

Primark is the worst of a bad bunch, the conditions of the workers are disgusting and if people weren't so right there would be a much bigger focus on that.

Your last paragraph is just embarrassing.

Embarrassing for who?

I'm not big into the background of my jeans so the environment they were made in doesn't bother me. Yours are probably from the same slum that Primarks come from though.

Clothes just don't bother some folk. They just don't care. It's not about valuing yourself at all its just the amount of importance you place in something. As long as you're not complaining your jeans are shit when you got change off a tenner for them then no harm done.

I genuinely doubt you could tell the difference if 2 folk stood in front of you, one in primark jeans and one in Levis. It's only the wearer that will notice and if they're not bothered, why are you?

Embarrassing for who?

I'm not big into the background of my jeans so the environment they were made in doesn't bother me. Yours are probably from the same slum that Primarks come from though.

Clothes just don't bother some folk. They just don't care. It's not about valuing yourself at all its just the amount of importance you place in something. As long as you're not complaining your jeans are shit when you got change off a tenner for them then no harm done.

I genuinely doubt you could tell the difference if 2 folk stood in front of you, one in primark jeans and one in Levis. It's only the wearer that will notice and if they're not bothered, why are you?

Wow :rofl:

If you genuinely don't find the conditions of the workers making clothes for places like Primark then this runs much deeper than purely jeans.

And the idea that you couldn't tell the difference between Levi's and Primark jeans.. Seriously? :lol:

Car crash.

BoJack Horseman

Wow :rofl:

If you genuinely don't find the conditions of the workers making clothes for places like Primark then this runs much deeper than purely jeans.

And the idea that you couldn't tell the difference between Levi's and Primark jeans.. Seriously? :lol:

Car crash.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Same reason I'll happy chow down on battery farm chicken. It's already on the shelves, I'm going to buy it. Don't pretend that has anything to do with why you've got a problem with 9 quid jeans.

I'm not implying that you couldn't tell the difference with a healthy inspection. I mean if you were standing next to dokatro in the pub and he had his Primarks on, there's just no way you'd be able to tell.

It's a discussion Chrambo. Far from "car crash".

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Same reason I'll happy chow down on battery farm chicken. It's already on the shelves, I'm going to buy it. Don't pretend that has anything to do with why you've got a problem with 9 quid jeans.

I'm not implying that you couldn't tell the difference with a healthy inspection. I mean if you were standing next to dokatro in the pub and he had his Primarks on, there's just no way you'd be able to tell.

It's a discussion Chrambo. Far from "car crash".

I've never ever been in a Primark store because I don't support the idea. It's cheap shite for cheap people, but workers suffer and are treated appallingly. I would never buy a ?9 pair of jeans from Primark for those two reasons - the conditions the workers are put in and the fact I respect myself more than that.

Yes you could, I've seen a pair of Primark jeans and they look exactly how I imagined them, extremely cheap and nasty. The only ones you might not be able to tell they are Primark are black denim.

The car crash is question is your points, the idea you can't tell a ?9 pair of jeans to a decent pair of high street jeans is hilarious, even after you tried to change it.

Chronic posting from Chrambo.

Probably buys expensive clothes in the hope it will make up for his lack of height or success with woman.

Nice to see me having a go at you the last few days has had an impact :lol:

Chronic posting = you're patter. The depressing shite was funny for a few days but it's just boring now, even some of the simplest people on here aren't falling for it anymore.

I pity that you have this opinion. It's a great shop for your essentials. I can only assume you've not been in it for at least 5 years, if ever.

I tend to like my everyday essentials to be well made and comfortable. None of which you get in Primark.

BoJack Horseman

I've never ever been in a Primark store because I don't support the idea. It's cheap shite for cheap people, but workers suffer and are treated appallingly. I would never buy a ?9 pair of jeans from Primark for those two reasons - the conditions the workers are put in and the fact I respect myself more than that.

Yes you could, I've seen a pair of Primark jeans and they look exactly how I imagined them, extremely cheap and nasty. The only ones you might not be able to tell they are Primark are black denim.

The car crash is question is your points, the idea you can't tell a ?9 pair of jeans to a decent pair of high street jeans is hilarious, even after you tried to change it.

I can pretty much guarantee whatever device you're writing these posts from was built under sweat shop like conditions. Have you checked the ethical values of the company that made it?

I can respect you not wanting to wear 9 quid jeans. But I can't understand why you'd judge those that do. If they were made in the UK and still cost as much would you change your tune? I doubt it.

As a man who has bought and worn all varieties of jeans I'd like to think my opinion on them holds more weight than yours. From the outside, once they're on, and if you happen to be someone that they fit well on, primark jeans look just the same as any other.

I didn't try to change it. I said 2 guys standing in front of you. Obviously if you had them in your hand you could tell, but not from a glance, which is all you should be really giving other people's clothes. Bit weird if you're giving them any real scrutiny.

BoJack Horseman

I tend to like my everyday essentials to be well made and comfortable. None of which you get in Primark.

That's fine. Where do you go? I see Primark now as I used to see h&m. Cheap shite for weekday clobber. Looks fine, doesn't break the bank. I wouldn't hit the town in my primark gear.

I can pretty much guarantee whatever device you're writing these posts from was built under sweat shop like conditions. Have you checked the ethical values of the company that made it?

I can respect you not wanting to wear 9 quid jeans. But I can't understand why you'd judge those that do. If they were made in the UK and still cost as much would you change your tune? I doubt it.

As a man who has bought and worn all varieties of jeans I'd like to think my opinion on them holds more weight than yours. From the outside, once they're on, and if you happen to be someone that they fit well on, primark jeans look just the same as any other.

I didn't try to change it. I said 2 guys standing in front of you. Obviously if you had them in your hand you could tell, but not from a glance, which is all you should be really giving other people's clothes. Bit weird if you're giving them any real scrutiny.

Apple has actually received praise for the conditions of its factory from Chinese labor activists :)

My point, which I made clear from the start, is that it's sad that someone would not value themselves more than spending ?9 on a pair of jeans. At ?9, you're buying crap - poor quality, comfort, fit etc. for an extra ?21 (less than a ticket at Tynecastle) you could get a good pair which will last you 10 times as long.

But I see you're sticking by the idea that Levi's and Primark jeans look the same, still as funny as the first time you said it. Although I suppose you must be right, cause you've worn loads of jeans..

BoJack Horseman

Apple has actually received praise for the conditions of its factory from Chinese labor activists :)

My point, which I made clear from the start, is that it's sad that someone would not value themselves more than spending ?9 on a pair of jeans. At ?9, you're buying crap - poor quality, comfort, fit etc. for an extra ?21 (less than a ticket at Tynecastle) you could get a good pair which will last you 10 times as long.

But I see you're sticking by the idea that Levi's and Primark jeans look the same, still as funny as the first time you said it. Although I suppose you must be right, cause you've worn loads of jeans..

Of course you've got an iPhone. Apple being one of the worst offenders. I'm sure the children that built your phone had lovely clean factory and top notch air con.

That was your original point yes. And my counter point being it's not a out the value one places it's oneself, it's about the value they place in the clothes they were. Plenty folk don't see why they should pay 30 quid for jeans when they can get 3 pairs for that price. To them. It's just 2 tubes of denim that keeps their legs warm. No need to look down on them for that.

Yep. I'm better placed to judge the look of jeans than you. Hilarious.

BoJack Horseman

People who hijack threads with petty arguments.

People who judge other people based on how much they spent on their clothes.

The same type that tell you how much they spent on them without being asked.

"nice shoes mate"

"cheers, they were 200 quid."

Of course you've got an iPhone. Apple being one of the worst offenders. I'm sure the children that built your phone had lovely clean factory and top notch air con.

That was your original point yes. And my counter point being it's not a out the value one places it's oneself, it's about the value they place in the clothes they were. Plenty folk don't see why they should pay 30 quid for jeans when they can get 3 pairs for that price. To them. It's just 2 tubes of denim that keeps their legs warm. No need to look down on them for that.

Yep. I'm better placed to judge the look of jeans than you. Hilarious.

No worries, just completely ignore my point that the conditions have been praised by labor activists.

If someone is honestly happy with a pair of jeans worth ?9, which as we've covered are extremely poor quality and will last a couple of weeks at most, then that's sad. They need to take some pride in themselves and their appearance. As I said, I have tight mates who would hound you about owing then a ?3 drink but still feel they are worth more than a pair of jeans that cost ?9.

I'm not looking down on them, I'm saying it makes me feel bad that they don't feel they are worth more.

I'm not sure how much easier I can make this for you, it's hilarious that you think a pair of Levi's look the same as a pair of Primark jeans.

Yes, two men having a discussion about jeans is the death of Kickback.. :rofl:

People who judge other people based on how much they spent on their clothes.

The same type that tell you how much they spent on them without being asked.

"nice shoes mate"

"cheers, they were 200 quid."

**** me I've just realised you're actually angry about this :rofl: Must have taken a fair whack of abuse about your clobber at school.

I've really touched a nerve.

Ok, I won't slag your ?9 monstrosities again.

Edited by Chrambo

BoJack Horseman

**** me I've just realised you're actually angry about this :rofl:

I've really touched a nerve.

Ok, I won't slag your ?9 monstrosities again.

I'm not angry Chrambo. Won't give this a second thought outside of this thread.

What's all this "worth it" chat? This isn't a L'Or?al advert. They last longer than 3 weeks. Mine were perfectly fine when I threw them out. I've got a ?100 pair of All Saints that fit poorly, and an ?80 pair of Levis that the zip doesn't stay up and the arse has blown out. Obviously they're better than Primarks but price doesn't always denote perfect quality.

I'm with you. I'd recommend anyone to avoid primark for jeans, or shoes. Much better frugal alternatives out there. But if you know that, and still choose to go for the Primarks, I couldn't care less. I certainly won't feel sorry for them because they're "worth more" than that. :rofl

I'm not angry Chrambo. Won't give this a second thought outside of this thread.

What's all this "worth it" chat? This isn't a L'Or?al advert. They last longer than 3 weeks. Mine were perfectly fine when I threw them out. I've got a ?100 pair of All Saints that fit poorly, and an ?80 pair of Levis that the zip doesn't stay up and the arse has blown out. Obviously they're better than Primarks but price doesn't always denote perfect quality.

I'm with you. I'd recommend anyone to avoid primark for jeans, or shoes. Much better frugal alternatives out there. But if you know that, and still choose to go for the Primarks, I couldn't care less. I certainly won't feel sorry for them because they're "worth more" than that. :rofl

Protip - try clothes on before you buy them.

I'll leave you with that :)

Edited by Chrambo

BoJack Horseman

Protip - try clothes on before you buy them.

I'll leave you with that :)

They were shrink to fit fellys. Probably should've taken them back.

They were shrink to fit fellys. Probably should've taken them back.

Well not only have you hijacked this thread and ruined kickback but you also shrunk those jeans.

I hope you're proud of yourself :sob:

Grown men arguing over how much they pay for a pair of jeans :lol:

Gotta love Kickback sometimes.

Even i think it's ridiculous. And i'll argue about anything.

I've bought a fair amount of stuff in Primark. The shirts have been great and have lasted a few years but the shorts didn't last long.

Not because of the price, but shoes are the one item of clothes I'd prefer to pay more for. Uncomfortable shoes are just a nightmare and cheap shoes are uncomfortable in my experience.