• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm freakishly tall - so this might be A Good Thing.

Same here.  T-shirts might actually fit me now :lol:

The current trend for 'long line' garments.

:cornette:

image4xl.jpg

There are so many "individuals" dressing like this they are now the majority. 

I stick out like a sore thumb at university wearing jeans and a polo. 

There are so many "individuals" dressing like this they are now the majority. 

I stick out like a sore thumb at university wearing jeans and a polo. 

Always going to stick out dressing like a 50 year old golfer ;)

Seriously though, uni is fulls of w*****s that dress like this.  Does my tits in - especially when the ones from St Andrews come over for the day.  Awful.

BoJack Horseman

Is this a pi55take ? I mean who in their right mind would go out dressed in that.

And by the way this comes from someone who, in the 70s, had platform shoes, flared trousers, loons and a tank top. I also used to dye a T-shirt and then wring it out so the colour streaked all over the garment. Usually purple as well FFS.

But I would never look as stupid as that clown in the photo............!

By the sounds of things, you definitely did. Guys dressed like that are everywhere. Unless you only go to work, Asda, the pub, and the football. 

BoJack Horseman

I was being a bit tongue in cheek, as what we all wore in the 70s was, looking back, truly awful at least until Harrington jackets and Prince of Wales checked trousers and brogues became all the rage.

Different generation for sure, but that outfit is truly bizarre IMO. My son is mid 20's so I will get his opinion on it.

That's the crux of it to be honest. Fashion is usually generated by youth. The youth of each generation grow and cling on to the trends they were a part of. That's why most middle aged men dress so bad, because 90s fashion was shocking. 20 years from now folk my age will be wearing dresses as t-shirts.

I don't think he looks that ridiculous really, even though I wouldn't wear what he is. It's just a slightly longer shirt, jeans and boots. Quite inoffensive. 

That's the crux of it to be honest. Fashion is usually generated by youth. . 

Fashion isn't generated by youth, it's generated for youth. Fashion is generated by people who are 40 and usually based off of what they liked when they were young. Growing up the 80s were naff as ****, but by the time i was 20 all the people who were kids in the 80s were in power so it became cool. Similarly, teenage girls dress like extras from Clueless

Libertonian_II

Is this a pi55take ? I mean who in their right mind would go out dressed in that.

And by the way this comes from someone who, in the 70s, had platform shoes, flared trousers, loons and a tank top. I also used to dye a T-shirt and then wring it out so the colour streaked all over the garment. Usually purple as well FFS.

But I would never look as stupid as that clown in the photo............!

Seen it, done it, had the purple tie dye t-shirt too....... :2thumbsup:

Maybe DM's are making a comeback?

People who have on their cars, stickers that read,

"Powered by Fairy Dust" gets right on my goat,

To put a sticker like that on your car, you should be banned from driving for being an arse!!

The sister in law.

1) Unemployed. Knew she was coming to the end of her employment contract at work mid December and didn't bother looking for a new job until a couple of weeks ago when her money was running out.

2) Having to give said sister in law a few hundred pounds between us to tide her over.

3) The stupid boot BUYING A PUPPY, a week before said contract expired and the knowledge she didn't have another job.

4) The stupid puppy knocking over and smashing our 40inch plasma, pissing and shitting all over our house as she is in our house to watch our daughter after school.

5) Knocking back every job we recommend for her cos it doesn't pay enough.

6) Applying for one job when she is rejected from another - eg not applying to multiple jobs at a time.

7) Putting the wrong email address on her CV so of course she isn't going to hear back!

8) Losing her original job in the first place because she told them to advertise externally. Had they advertised internally she would have probably been kept on. They found someone better.

9) Not telling her boyfriend she has lost her job. He still thinks she is working.

10) Doing absolutely jack shit whilst she is in our house - dishes etc. Leaving us to come home to an hours worth of tidying and cleaning after a days work.

11) Us not being able to cause too much of a scene because we desperately need her for babysitting (of which we do appreciate)

:seething:

I'd have kicked her out at number 3. But kept the puppy, of course.

Can't take to the puppy at all. I think its cos of the seethe i have for her at the moment though. Don't get me wrong, lovely wee thing but buying it was the most stupid, irresponsible thing to do.

Loud breathers. There's a woman at my work breathes like feckin Darth Vadar. You can hear her from about 5 desks away.

Edited by Ray Gin

Brutal lottery chat in the office. Especially when people pretend they'd keep working if they won it 'because they'd get bored'. Nonsense.

When you ask someone a question and they respond by starting a sentence with the word 'So'.

That really gets on my t1ts.

A bit like the Aussies using the word 'Look' when they are speaking.

Is it just me that gets annoyed by the above ? I mean when compared with the seethe a few posts ago then it is laughable that it should even bother me at all !!!!

The so business gets on my tits so much they're round my ankles.

Brutal lottery chat in the office. Especially when people pretend they'd keep working if they won it 'because they'd get bored'. Nonsense.

Would they **** carry on working :rofl: .

These people are a disgrace. Anyone who could get bored with millions in the bank is a cretin. 

Not really a seethe but....

Walked past the bathroom earlier, my 6 yr old boy is standing taking a pee. One hand on his winkie, the other........holding a sandwich.

"What you doing ya wee clart? You shouldn't hold a sandwich when you're taking a pee!"

He then held the sandwich between chest & chin, and proceeded to pee, with both hands on winkie.

Out witted by a 6 yr old.

Matthew Le Tissier

Not really a seethe but....

Walked past the bathroom earlier, my 6 yr old boy is standing taking a pee. One hand on his winkie, the other........holding a sandwich.

"What you doing ya wee clart? You shouldn't hold a sandwich when you're taking a pee!"

He then held the sandwich between chest & chin, and proceeded to pee, with both hands on winkie.

Out witted by a 6 yr old.

:rofl::bravo: wee fella

Empty cups on TV. Next time you watch something in which people are drinking from a cup, try and have a look inside it. It'll be empty. I don't know why but this annoys me far more than it should. 

Empty cups on TV. Next time you watch something in which people are drinking from a cup, try and have a look inside it. It'll be empty. I don't know why but this annoys me far more than it should.

Similarly when people are drinking something on tv and the level of it goes up and down in the glass throughout the scene/segment.

Similarly when people are drinking something on tv and the level of it goes up and down in the glass throughout the scene/segment.

I've never noticed that before. ****ing will now though. 

Nah, it annoys the tits off me as well.  How hard would it be for them to put water in it or something.

If I was a director, it wouldn't be allowed.

Fitzroy Pointon

I get this . Why they can't just fill it with water I dont know.

Also annoys me in soaps when people go to a cafe for breakfast and a tea when they live two yards away.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Those plastic clip things you are supposed to slid your finger along to reseal a packet of teabags, cheese etc once open. Most times you think you have sealed it and it opens up again from the other end. I usually give in and just over fill the tea caddy. A minor moan I admit.

• 2 weeks later...
Ryan Jarman

She says she wants to watch something on tv, she puts it on and then proceeds to stare at her phone. :muggy:

I change the channel, 'hey I'm watching that'. No you're ****ing not, you're scrolling through Facebook ffs.

Roadworks. Again.

Seriously, what is the fecking point of putting up roadworks, doing nothing for 3 days, packing the stuff away and then bringing it all back out two days later.....and yet still doing feck all to it!

Does the road need time to fecking rest before you can dig it up! Just **** off council, **** right off you ****ing arseholes.

Those plastic clip things you are supposed to slid your finger along to reseal a packet of teabags, cheese etc once open. Most times you think you have sealed it and it opens up again from the other end. I usually give in and just over fill the tea caddy. A minor moan I admit.

Some food packaging doesn't even give you any means to reseal the packet after use.

Had a bag of quinoa and had to get a clothes peg to clip it shut Otherwise it would've been a disaster.

10) Doing absolutely jack shit whilst she is in our house - dishes etc. Leaving us to come home to an hours worth of tidying and cleaning after a days work.

11) Us not being able to cause too much of a scene because we desperately need her for babysitting (of which we do appreciate)

Are you paying her?

I think I can see a solution here!

Sexton Hardcastle

Traffic related...

The idiots who programme a set of lights at a junction but don't allow time for the next set which are 100 yards away to fit the system. Result is both back the **** up at peak points and motors are left strewn all over the gaff.

Common sense could reduce huge delays.

The Internet

Women wearing massive heel boot things and clumping round the office, like a herd of ****ing wildebeest.

zoltan socrates

They're, there, their

Of, off

'I could of said more but there getting angry out their'

No excuses, learn the *** language ffs

3fingersreid

Out walking the dog today got talking to a couple who had a puppy , now I'll freely admit I've got a mongrel dog ,English bull terrier cross with at least 6 other breeds , this couple had a cross breed which was a Jack Russell and a Chihuahua except they called it a - and I'm spelling this how they pronounced it- A Jack oh wah wah which they were happy to tell me they got it from a "breeder" for ?350

Lovely wee dog but FFS

Out walking the dog today got talking to a couple who had a puppy , now I'll freely admit I've got a mongrel dog ,English bull terrier cross with at least 6 other breeds , this couple had a cross breed which was a Jack Russell and a Chihuahua except they called it a - and I'm spelling this how they pronounced it- A Jack oh wah wah which they were happy to tell me they got it from a "breeder" for ?350

Lovely wee dog but FFS

I know an idiot who paid ?500 for a cross between a Jack Russell and a Patterdale. A Patterjack apparently.

It's a mongrel. You've been ripped off.

It's also the most irritating, badly behaved little arsehole of a dog I've ever met but that's more down to her not having any idea how to train or keep a dog.

This one shouldn't bother me but for some reason it does. I guess that the things that bother us can't all be rational.

Here we go....

People who run funny.

I hate when people only run with their legs and not move their arms at the same time. They look mental.

Also, people who run like they've shat themselves or have something uncomfortable lodged up their arses.

If you have a stupid run, could you please not jog on pavements or in public?

Thanks in advance.

heartsfc_fan

Lovely wee dog but FFS

:laugh: true

I've got a mongrel. She's a staffie crossed with a lab. A Staffador ;)

Cost me ?140 and is a happy healthy well behaved dog.

Traffic related...

The idiots who programme a set of lights at a junction but don't allow time for the next set which are 100 yards away to fit the system. Result is both back the **** up at peak points and motors are left strewn all over the gaff.

Common sense could reduce huge delays.

To be honest I'm pretty sure this will have more to do with drivers who habitually treat a red light as a five-second warning. Absolute *****.

This one shouldn't bother me but for some reason it does. I guess that the things that bother us can't all be rational.

Here we go....

People who run funny.

I hate when people only run with their legs and not move their arms at the same time. They look mental.

Also, people who run like they've shat themselves or have something uncomfortable lodged up their arses.

If you have a stupid run, could you please not jog on pavements or in public?

Thanks in advance.

Got a wee Indian lass at my gym who goes on the treadmill but doesn't stride when she runs, she kinda just bounces on the spot really really quickly - high knees style.

Another running one is people who insist on doing a special type of 'interval training' which consists of setting treadmill to highest possible speed, run for 20 sec barely able to keep up then jump off for a minute or 2 and repeat. The machine makes an almighty noise and even the roasters in the gym label you as a roaster. 

3fingersreid

:laugh: true

I've got a mongrel. She's a staffie crossed with a lab. A Staffador ;)

Cost me ?140 and is a happy healthy well behaved dog.

:) a staffador sounds good

According to my vet along with English bully it's got staffie, beagle, basset hound , pointer and probably Labrador at least

I'd love to know what fancy name they'd make up for that :)

TheMaganator

What is considered to be news these days really makes me :seethe:

Some bizarre shitey story starts doing the rounds with on twitter & facebook - then gets picked up by bigger operation (buzzfeed, unilad mag or whatever) and then a few hours later will appear in the online medium of some of the broadsheets. 

A prime example of this was a few weeks ago when some weird Japanese boy videoed himself getting into a bath of coke covered in Mentos. Nothing happened - it was rubbish - but sure enough it started getting shared and then ended up being covered by the Telegraph?! 

Social media and the 24 hour requirement to churn out news really has us scraping the barrel at times. 

Edited by TheMaganator

Main stream media: "Watch this Hilarious clip of ............"

Hilarious used to mean funny in my day. I have never as much as cracked a lip at any of these Hilarious clips.

Women who wear perfume when swimming. Bogging.

Nookie Bear

Another running one is people who insist on doing a special type of 'interval training' which consists of setting treadmill to highest possible speed, run for 20 sec barely able to keep up then jump off for a minute or 2 and repeat. The machine makes an almighty noise and even the roasters in the gym label you as a roaster.

Hmmm....

I will do pacy reps of 4/6/800 metres and walk a bit I between but I know it is noisy as feck.

Deal with it !!