• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BoJack Horseman
Folk that say 'texted'!

Heard a radio advert mentioning this which reignited a seethe fuse!

Never been bothered by this one. It's obviously not correct from a traditional standpoint, but to text wasn't previously a form of communication. Texted is fine, if not a bit cumbersome.

Do you get similarly riled up when someone says tanned when they meant tan?

Edited by BoJack Horseman

I'm not sure I understand this texted thing.

Do you mean in the past tense? As in "I texted you earlier".

If so then texted is correct.

Agreed.

"She text me with the address."

Just ain't right and if you use it, I'm sorry but I've judged you.

And I'm not actually sorry.

Think this is one of these anomalies brought on by technology like plural of computer mouse is mouses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I understand this texted thing.

Do you mean in the past tense? As in "I texted you earlier".

If so then texted is correct.

I cant see how there's any discussion over this. Do people on here not speak english? I'd expect better from a 4yr old.

So people genuinely say text instead of texted?

And then claim it is correct?

And here was me thinking I'd misread the post when it turns out I merely couldn't comprehend the mangling of language which is becoming the norm.

BoJack Horseman
Think this is one of these anomalies brought on by technology like plural of computer mouse is mouses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it's not. It's mice.

BoJack Horseman
So people genuinely say text instead of texted?

And then claim it is correct?

And here was me thinking I'd misread the post when it turns out I merely couldn't comprehend the mangling of language which is becoming the norm.

Texted is right. Text is ambiguous.

"So Pete, if you text Steve then it's all sorted."

Has Steve received a text already in this instance? Who knows.

Text.

text.

Text.

:lion:

Not really a seethe, and a bit over-specific, but people misplacing the emphasis in the words 'polar bear'. It's just po-lar-bear, not po-lar-BAY-ur.

Edited by dokratrO

Ragnar touched on some motoring seethe earlier. I`m not saying i`m a great driver but some folk really do make up their own feckin rules on the road.

The roundabout on Calder Road that exits onto Broomhouse Road(Sighthill pitches) and Sighthill scheme ALWAYS see drivers take the wrong lane when coming from Broomhouse Road and exiting into Sighthill.

Correct me if i`m wrong, unless there are road markings telling you otherwise(which there is`nt) you follow the signs. The sign prior to approaching the roundabout says first exit left towards town, 2nd exit straight on into Sighthill or 3 exit right towards the West.

How many feckin times i head up that way and some mup is in the outside lane looking to take the 2nd exit to Sighthill while i`m on the inside and they try to cut me up.

They look at me as if i`m in the wrong!

The same goes for Stenhouse Cross. There are clearly two lanes,one normally for the bus but its clear you should use both just prior to exiting the roundabout, yet you still get numpties using the outside lane to go straight over as if heading to Gorgie Road at the junction over from the Shell garage. I think some folk have it in their heed that there are unwritten local rules to some roads and junctions. Phannies. :)

Edited by Debut 4

Tbh the Rangers admin thread is beginning to irk.... It's what we laughed at our Hibs friends were doing last year....

However what irks me even more is the fact that I view it several times a day!!!!!

Samuel Camazzola

Texted is right. Text is ambiguous.

"So Pete, if you text Steve then it's all sorted."

Has Steve received a text already in this instance? Who knows.

Disagree.

Texted sounds clumsy. The subject was brought up on Countdown and Dictionary Corner confirmed text as a verb would also be text in the past tense.

If Susie says so, then that's good enough. :-)

Edited by Samuel Camazzola

On the subject of cyclists and their red boxes at traffic lights.

This city spent a fortune on providing these things, more and more cyclists now seem to choose to sit about a yard in front of them, just as they did with the old solid line markings.

Sexton Hardcastle

Morons recycling videos on Facebook and putting terrible titles on them.

Seems to be a current run of big brother or only food and horses and dicks saying 'me when mum says do your homework lol' followed by a video of that daft blonde bint sitting in the chair screaming.

Arseholes.

Guest GhostHunter

The PGA in it's infinite wisdom have decided to put a park and ride to the Ryder Cup in Stirling.

Which means traffic is going to be horrific.

Joy.

The Cloud.

I don't want your crappy internet when I'm on the bus as my phone has 4g. I know I can switch off the wifi on the phone but if I forget this horror hijacks the page you are on and changes it.

Tbh the Rangers admin thread is beginning to irk.... It's what we laughed at our Hibs friends were doing last year....

However what irks me even more is the fact that I view it several times a day!!!!!

Self-seethe.

That explains so many things!

:wink:

All roads lead to Gorgie

There are some arsehole cyclists but most are sensible and for each one good or bad it's one less car on the road and a spare seat on the bus remember. As for red boxes some time the lights change in front of you when you are waiting to move forward and you cant reverse with cars right behind. It not always the drivers fault for sitting at the advanced line.!

All roads lead to Gorgie

Also silly phone that posts topics twice.

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

Arseholes who come out the pub and sing at the top of their voices walking down the street. Few days ago an arsehole was singing 'since 1902' which....didnt annoy me as much :laugh:

The Cloud.

I don't want your crappy internet when I'm on the bus as my phone has 4g. I know I can switch off the wifi on the phone but if I forget this horror hijacks the page you are on and changes it.

:spoton:

I've tried to change the wifi network setting to 'forget' but it always seems to connect automatically without my permission. I then turn off my wifi but then forget to turn it on again when I get home, so I'll accidentally waste Internet data when I'm on youtube or Spotify.

Seething at myself for getting homesick on holiday after 4 days :lol::(

Seething at my sun burn too tbh.

Edited by Shapes

Bridge of Djoum

When playing Football manager.

I've had 29 shots on goal, and I can't score while the opposition..1 shot, 1 on target, 1 goal.

AAGGHHHHH FECK OFF!!!!

All roads lead to Gorgie

Having to make a six mile round trip to the South Gyle to pick up a missed Royal Mail delivery or wait in again at cost for a rearanged date. GR8.What was wrong with the old days when they left it at a neighbour.

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

Having to make a six mile round trip to the South Gyle to pick up a missed Royal Mail delivery or wait in again at cost for a rearanged date. GR8.What was wrong with the old days when they left it at a neighbour.

There is no charge for RM to redeliver to your house.

All roads lead to Gorgie

There is no charge for RM to redeliver to your house.

Cheers will get RM to redeliver.

Seething at myself for getting caught out by two wee junky bassas doing a runner out the cab last night , erse that Iam

Edited by 3fingersreid

...a bit disco

Semi Chem.

Seriously, I'm 46 years old. Do I really look like the kind of guy who needs some One Direction aftershave (which probably smells like pine scented ****** cheese) in my life?

Guest GhostHunter

Semi Chem.

Seriously, I'm 46 years old. Do I really look like the kind of guy who needs some One Direction aftershave (which probably smells like pine scented ****** cheese) in my life?

I don't know, do you ?

...a bit disco

I don't know, do you ?

Probably not but I only went in for a bag of fudge.

:D

Just got out of the gym to find some arsehole has chained their bike to mine. Unbelievable.

:rofl:

Unlucky. Just unlock yours and wheel both away :thumbsup:

Snake Plissken

:rofl:

Unlucky. Just unlock yours and wheel both away :thumbsup:

I might have done that but for the fact it was actually two bikes and they were both double-locked.

I waited around for a bit hoping whoever had done it would emerge before long, an hour later I met the missus and grabbed some dinner. In all about three hours had passed since I'd finished my workout, I got back to the gym and it was still ******* chained up. I had to walk back home as there was no telling how long that it would be.

I just can't get my head around it, how can you loop a chain through the wheel of a bike and not notice it's not yours?! I'm still seething about this, it's stupidity/negligence on a world-class level.

I might have done that but for the fact it was actually two bikes and they were both double-locked.

I waited around for a bit hoping whoever had done it would emerge before long, an hour later I met the missus and grabbed some dinner. In all about three hours had passed since I'd finished my workout, I got back to the gym and it was still ******* chained up. I had to walk back home as there was no telling how long that it would be.

I just can't get my head around it, how can you loop a chain through the wheel of a bike and not notice it's not yours?! I'm still seething about this, it's stupidity/negligence on a world-class level.

Probably the most justified seethe on the thread, but pretty funny none the less.

Snake Plissken

10715722_10152235550182504_2094119346_n.jpg?oh=3e890799ca545e4cbc17713b6c615630&oe=542254F0&__gda__=1411549725_48e6443b1bf7dd3125dbfe9ea6cffa2a

Mine's the one at the bottom of the picture.

Seriously, how the **** is it even possible to do that without noticing you've just chained someone else's bike to yours? If it's on purpose, I can't fathom an explanation for it.