The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Nowt wrong with that.

It's the folk - students, mainly - who sit with their laptops out and a coffee that was finished about two hours previously. Oh, and I had a moan at the staff in Starbucks recently because the half-price frappuccino deal was only between 3 and 5pm - I enquired what offers there were for folk who had jobs.

First World Problem, I know.

very :pleasing:

Too many ***** take us for granted.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trying to walk on 'down' escalators when they've been turned off.

:muggy:

Stop making me look like I've had a brain injury please.

Nowt wrong with that.

It's the folk - students, mainly - who sit with their laptops out and a coffee that was finished about two hours previously. Oh, and I had a moan at the staff in Starbucks recently because the half-price frappuccino deal was only between 3 and 5pm - I enquired what offers there were for folk who had jobs.

First World Problem, I know.

very :pleasing:

Too many ***** take us for granted.

Edit: I am offically working btw. :D

:cornette:

I know!

It was hardly a stand up rant, more of a slightly jovial, gentle 'aside' to the guy serving (who had seen me loads of times over the previous year).

Edited by Nookie Bear

BoJack Horseman

Folk who go to a different floor's toilets from their own in an office to do a dump.

Just did that.

BoJack Horseman

:seething: It's a common occurrence I may add.

I don't doubt it. Why would anyone want to smell their own shit?

The serenity of home life in the afternoon which is abruptly and violently shattered when 3 kids come in through the door.

I go from :brucey: to :muggy: within the space of a couple of minutes.

I really shouldn't had have kids.

The serenity of home life in the afternoon which is abruptly and violently shattered when 3 kids come in through the door.

I go from :brucey: to :muggy: within the space of a couple of minutes.

I really shouldn't had have kids.

I used to go on holiday to Thailand and the USA.

Now I see going to Tesco on my own at 11pm as a mini-holiday.

I used to go on holiday to Thailand and the USA.

Now I see going to Tesco on my own at 11pm as a mini-holiday.

:lol:

You just get very little peace.

"Dad, get me this, dad, can I have that"

Bedlam as they fight occasionally. Cheek like I'd have never dared give my parents.

Staying up later & later at night as they get older.

Wanting to stay up until 11 at the w/e. Wtf?

But it's all worth it. Right?

Guest GhostHunter

Bedlam as they fight occasionally. Cheek like I'd have never dared give my parents.

Aye

Aye

Trapped in a twenty year project.

Still got eight years of negotiating the primary school politics anaw what with the third (unplanned) kid just starting nursery year 2.

It's a real blessing.

:cornette:

Folk that don't realise that petrol pumps can reach round to the other side.

I like this one. I get to fill up quicker due to the stupidity of others.

The Internet

Women who mime-talk to each other.

There's two in my office doing it just now, having a full conversation, most likely bitching about another woman on the floor, across a desk without making any sound whatsoever (which is a good thing, obviously but it's still irritating), just purely through mouth movements and I don't get how they do it.

People that turn up at meetings and plop their phone on the desk with some shitty cover on it.

Usually women with stupid quotes from Munro and the likes.

Snake Plissken

Prospective employers taking the piss.

I interviewed for a large corporation that places teachers in schools here in Japan. I knew exactly what I was getting myself into and was prepared for some bullshit but they managed to surpass my expectations of shiteness. I was pretty sure I was going to get placed at a shite school no-one wanted to go to and I was fine with that for six months. Sure enough I was placed in some school a way out in a town in the north east of the island I live on

I was told I could get a Shinkansen (bullet train) pass that would make it a reasonable commute of about 45 minutes. I felt I could hack that and accepted a six month contract.

Now, a couple of days before I'm supposed to start they tell me I have to get a local train as they won't pay for the bullet train (they are obscenely expensive). I was sent a proposed itinerary that involved catching a train at my city's main station (about twenty minutes away from my flat) at 6.11 am :cornette: a local train takes much, much longer than the bullet train and would see me arrive at a transfer station at 7:40. I'd finally get there at 8:10 and it's a bit of a hike to the school. I'd have to leave my place at about 5:30 am to get there for 8:30 - a three ******* hour journey and then the same again to get home.

I told them they either pay for the bullet train or find someone else. I'm seething they thought I'd accept what is essentially a fourteen-hour day for a pretty average salary with no benefits.

Time-wasting pricks.

:seething:

Prospective employers taking the piss.

I interviewed for a large corporation that places teachers in schools here in Japan. I knew exactly what I was getting myself into and was prepared for some bullshit but they managed to surpass my expectations of shiteness. I was pretty sure I was going to get placed at a shite school no-one wanted to go to and I was fine with that for six months. Sure enough I was placed in some school a way out in a town in the north east of the island I live on

I was told I could get a Shinkansen (bullet train) pass that would make it a reasonable commute of about 45 minutes. I felt I could hack that and accepted a six month contract.

Now, a couple of days before I'm supposed to start they tell me I have to get a local train as they won't pay for the bullet train (they are obscenely expensive). I was sent a proposed itinerary that involved catching a train at my city's main station (about twenty minutes away from my flat) at 6.11 am :cornette: a local train takes much, much longer than the bullet train and would see me arrive at a transfer station at 7:40. I'd finally get there at 8:10 and it's a bit of a hike to the school. I'd have to leave my place at about 5:30 am to get there for 8:30 - a three ******* hour journey and then the same again to get home.

I told them they either pay for the bullet train or find someone else. I'm seething they thought I'd accept what is essentially a fourteen-hour day for a pretty average salary with no benefits.

Time-wasting pricks.

:seething:

Some schmuck will do it.

I love my kids but.....

"Dad, are Snap, Crackle and Pop brothers? And does Pop help with the Coco Pops?"

7am

I haven't been able to stop thinking about it all day.

I love my kids but.....

"Dad, are Snap, Crackle and Pop brothers? And does Pop help with the Coco Pops?"

7am

:rofl:

I love my kids but.....

7am

Keen to know the answer. Please post any findings, though I always thought they were just pals.

I love my kids but.....

7am

Snake Plissken

Some schmuck will do it.

No doubt they'll find someone desperate enough, I actually know of one guy who was assigned to 12 different schools.

Having to visit a number of chemists shops to stock up on paracetamol! Do they really think limiting you to one pack of 32 works in controlling the sale of this painkiller?

People who use the word "cop" or "cops" to describe the Police.

We are not in America. They are not called "cops" over here.

Trying to sound like a 90's gangster from "The Hood" doesn't make you any cooler.

Trying to sound like a 90's gangster from "The Hood" doesn't make you any cooler.

It's a british phrase, IIRC. Constables on patrol.

Would that be the american word gangster and the american word cool?

Walter Payton

:pleased:

It's a british phrase, IIRC. Constables on patrol.

That acronym is an urban myth, but you appear to be right that it was in use here before the Americans got hold of it.

http://www.snopes.co...cronyms/cop.asp

http://www.straightd...igs-or-the-fuzz

EDIT: By 'here', I mean 'there', i.e. where you are. You know what I mean. :)

Edited by Don Draper

Royal brown noser Nicholas Witchell. He's a smug wee git.

As far as pointless jobs go, 'royal reporter' has got to be up near the top of the list. Imagine, as a royal reporter, trying to explain to your grandchildren on your deathbed what you did with your life.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I love my kids but.....

7am

Quality. :lol:

Whilst I am on this thread; people who come into a busy coffee shop/ caf? and join the queue behind you but send there partner or whoever to grab the only empty table left whilst they continue to order. You are then left with nowhere to sit. Not good.!!!

Yeh I hate that. Just wait your turn ffs.

Royal brown noser Nicholas Witchell. He's a smug wee git.

Nailed it. End thread now. Utter *****

Girls who wear fake tan and then smell disgusting and sit next to me on a plane for 10 hours. Have they any idea how vile they smell? **** off with that shit you orange skinned minker.

Its not just fake tan! The number of young and not so young girls that wear far too much make-up is disturbing. Do they really think they look attractive?