The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

I've been contacting care homes re a place for an elderly relative who can't stay on her own any more and the lack of professionalism shown by 2 of them is unbelievable. I used an online enquiry form for one and put my contact details down but hadn't heard from them by Thursday so phoned and explained what I was looking for and they took my contact details again and said a manger would be in touch. By yesterday I still hadn't had a call from them so I phoned again only to be asked to leave my contact details yet again. Guess what no contact from them today.

The second one I actually visited last Friday to be told that both the manager and her deputy were currently showing an interested part around the home. The receptionist recognised my relative's name as apparently her social worker had called just a short time before our visit. I was asked to leave my contact details which I did but again no response so far.

Unfortunately places are in short supply so those running these homes have you over a barrel. 

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A fud from the next stair moved away and left his van, with a puncture, in front of our block in parking spaces which is the right of ours.

It's easily been 8, 9 months but I checked and his van has been SORN'd.

Ignorant ****er. Really grinds me. He actually had it parked there when he stayed in the area and no one bothered, even me, it was fair enough as there was space sometimes. But it's just the ignorance that gets me now.

He's still local in the sense he's moved to a nearby area but he's taking the pish big time.

A fud from the next stair moved away and left his van, with a puncture, in front of our block in parking spaces which is the right of ours.

It's easily been 8, 9 months but I checked and his van has been SORN'd.

Ignorant ****er. Really grinds me. He actually had it parked there when he stayed in the area and no one bothered, even me, it was fair enough as there was space sometimes. But it's just the ignorance that gets me now.

He's still local in the sense he's moved to a nearby area but he's taking the pish big time.

Is the parking space outside on a public or private road?  If it's not a private (as in private property, or privately paid for) road, it's still illegal to leave it there.

You could dob him in at https://www.gov.uk/report-untaxed-vehicle if he's content to just leave it there.

It'll get shifted, and he won't be any the wiser about who done it.

Is the parking space outside on a public or private road? If it's not a private (as in private property, or privately paid for) road, it's still illegal to leave it there.

You could dob him in at https://www.gov.uk/report-untaxed-vehicle if he's content to just leave it there.

It'll get shifted, and he won't be any the wiser about who done it.

cheers. I hate to be a snitch but I'm not far from doing it.

I just think he's being a total w******. During the day he's apparently coming back and forth treating it like a storage container. I never see him because I'm obviously working.

We've been fair imo leaving it this long by giving him a chance to move it.

Just do it and don't look back.

It's been months, and if he's using it as a storage container, you have an even bigger argument for them shifting it, as you could say he's actively using it for work.

Get it launched, and enjoy your new, van less view.

I just think he's being a total w******. During the day he's apparently coming back and forth treating it like a storage container. I never see him because I'm obviously working.

Sounds like he's taking the piss a bit, but if you don't want to go straight to grassing how about leaving an anonymous note with words to the effect of: "move your van within a week or we'll get it towed away"

Put it in motion as it takes time. Half a dozen of us done it with a car round our way and it took a couple of months for them even to respond to us. It was reported to the council as abandoned and to wherever for having no tax or insurance.

Moving house.

I'd stay in the same place forever just to avoid it. However the wee man needs a bedroom of his own.

Just done it this weekend.

**** doing that ever again, but I know that I will have to :(

Moving house.

I'd stay in the same place forever just to avoid it. However the wee man needs a bedroom of his own.

100% this

Moved at the start of the year and probably have to do it again within the next year or two.

Absolutely hate it. You never realise just how much shite you have until you start packing it.

Moving house.

Our stuff ended up in a self storage place for a month last time and we were temporarily "homeless". Ended up having to shell out loads on a serviced apartment.

It was a proper ballache and next time I'm letting the professionals pack up and move my stuff for me. I won't be lifting a finger and it'll be worth every penny.

Just do it and don't look back.

It's been months, and if he's using it as a storage container, you have an even bigger argument for them shifting it, as you could say he's actively using it for work.

Get it launched, and enjoy your new, van less view.

haha, I just checked it again. Registered SORN and MOT ran out in April.

Sounds like he's taking the piss a bit, but if you don't want to go straight to grassing how about leaving an anonymous note with words to the effect of: "move your van within a week or we'll get it towed away"

Thats an idea mate.

100% this

Moved at the start of the year and probably have to do it again within the next year or two.

Absolutely hate it. You never realise just how much shite you have until you start packing it.

The Mrs gutted our eldests room today whilst I was at work. I've just taken 6 bin bags of toys and junk and 3 bags of clothing to the dump / clothes bank.

haha, I just checked it again. Registered SORN and MOT ran out in April.

Thats an idea mate.

Print it out so they can't identify handwriting.

:pleasing:

Just want this ****ing Edinburgh Festival to end as soon as possible. As it happens there's still about a fortnight to go.

:sob:

Салатные палочки

NHS IT.  They can't just unlock an account there and then, have to log a call, put the call to another department and now I need to wait until they phone me back so I can access it. 

The system is the same every bloody week.  

3fingersreid

With the Royal bank of ( for) Scotland !!!!!!!! shutting down the Chesser branch I now have to go up to Asda for change , now that's not my seethe , it's having to deal with the most torn faced counter operative that the Royal Mail employ .

He doesn't understand the concept that when I produce my bank card and ask for MY cash in a denomination that suits me ,that's what I require and I don't really care about his float .

It would also appear he doesn't have the words thank you in his vocabulary , erse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the Royal bank of ( for) Scotland !!!!!!!! shutting down the Chesser branch I now have to go up to Asda for change , now that's not my seethe , it's having to deal with the most torn faced counter operative that the Royal Mail employ .

He doesn't understand the concept that when I produce my bank card and ask for MY cash in a denomination that suits me ,that's what I require and I don't really care about his float .

It would also appear he doesn't have the words thank you in his vocabulary , erse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this character used to work in Santander in Morningside! :lol:

The Terrace.

Every thread is a train wreck. Good posters, and there are many of you out there, not bothering any more due to a few simpletons, Vermin Infiltrators and utter fuds with the intelligence of my goldfish, spoiling it for others.

Such a shame.

Bit hypocritical, no?

King Of The Cat Cafe

100% this

I used to scoff at people who said that moving house was one of life's most stressful experiences. Until I did it myself...:(

I used to scoff at people who said that moving house was one of life's most stressful experiences. Until I did it myself...:(

Yep, did it Scotland to Manchester and back again 17 years later. It's no walk in the park but it's worth it in the end. Glad to be back north of the border again.

Yep, did it Scotland to Manchester and back again 17 years later. It's no walk in the park but it's worth it in the end. Glad to be back north of the border again.

You must have felt a bit silly coming crawling back with your tail between your legs.

Riddley Walker

The Terrace.

Every thread is a train wreck. Good posters, and there are many of you out there, not bothering any more due to a few simpletons, Vermin Infiltrators and utter fuds with the intelligence of my goldfish, spoiling it for others.

Such a shame.

This is very true. I barely post in it at all these days, it's filled with simpleton muppets.

I read threads on myweesisterstidy.net and they tend to get along. A lot of very aggressive posters in the Terrace who jump down your throat for commenting.

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

The Terrace.

Such a shame.

I'm the same, just can't be bothered with the terrace at times. It's even caused some decent posters to leave and use other, inferior forums to discuss hearts. I tried at 1 point but it just wasn't the same. Thanks to the shed I will never leave.

Quoting English football statistics since the Premiee League began. "Huddersfield Town's debut in the Premier League." So what? Three-time English champions Huddersfield entertain four-time champions Newcastle United.

luckyBatistuta

Wtf are these idiots doing to the roads in this city. They have totally fek'd the roads around abbeyhill/Montrose terr/London rd now. All one ways now and no point to any of it. If anybody can give an explanation on how this is a positive move and why, I'd like to know.

People who spit chewing gum on the floor of your taxi. WTF is wrong with some folks, disgusting.

IMG_3338.gif

And it's about the 100th time....#####!!!

Similar. Knobs who put used chewing gum in the seat pocket of the aircraft. I got on and put my phone in there. At the end of the journey I took it out and it was covered in used chuggy. B@st@&d$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King Of The Cat Cafe

Excessive and/or unnecessary use of exclamation marks.

[emoji58]

I do agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar. Knobs who put used chewing gum in the seat pocket of the aircraft. I got on and put my phone in there. At the end of the journey I took it out and it was covered in used chuggy. B@st@&d$.

Sent from my rather sticky iPhone using Tapatalk

FTFY

Buying milk at the supermarket and forgetting to unpack it from under the buggy.

Go to have a bowl of cereal, pour cereal, open fridge - no milk? "I'm sure we bought milk?"

Get buggy, warm, = no cereal for me

Buying milk at the supermarket and forgetting to unpack it from under the buggy.

Go to have a bowl of cereal, pour cereal, open fridge - no milk? "I'm sure we bought milk?"

Get buggy, warm, = no cereal for me

Just have it with no milk. Just as popular as with.

::troll:::'>

I am beginning to hate the word 'shambles'.

See The Terrace for multiple examples....

People who spit on the street, or out of car windows, should be castrated.

People who spit on the street are indeed very vulgar.

People who spit on the street are indeed very vulgar.

Scum, but people who throw their cigarette butts down and just walk away are verminous.

Scum, but people who throw their cigarette butts down and just walk away are verminous.

Indeed Peter.

We are having a further problem here at the moment. It hasn't rained here (maybe the odd wee spot) since April and there are constant warnings about forest fires.

Idiots in our building are still throwing lit cigarettes into the gardens of our building where the soil and bushes and plants are tinder dry.

Absolute morons.

Going for your pitching wedge on first hole and realising you must have left it on the course 2 days earlier :vrface:

Why did it leave your hands before entering the golf bag?

Rudolf's Mate

Why did it leave your hands before entering the golf bag?

Because my son was driving the buggy ****ing miles ahead and I started taking my PW and putter out the bag to save me having to walk [emoji85]

Anyway it was handed in.