The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

I get all that, I just don't think you should be ******* with another man's ability to pay the rent and put food on the table. A manager gets paid to take that responsibility, so that's his problem, but us lowest rungs shouldn't be running to the man IMO

Whether someone is the lowest or highest rung of the ladder, they should all be working together therefore he is quite right to mention it to the manager if someone isn't pulling their weight.

I'm a manager in my work and if I knew someone was as lazy as the security guard, I would have no issues with pulling him up and addressing the problem, forst of all with an informal chat, then if that didn't work, I would unfortunately have to go down the disciplinary route. If the problem still persisted, and I hope it wouldn't, the person would be out of a job.

If someone knew about this and just didn't say anything, this would be mentioned during their appraisal.

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Place I'm working in New York next March are soiling their knickers about work visa applications getting done as soon as possible and I need to renew my passport first. So I've just had to spunk ?128 to go through to Glasgow and do the one day service instead of the usual ?72.50. If they don't arrange the visa interviews in the next couple of weeks I'll be raging.

Also there's the usual pain in the arse of having to go to the US embassy in London to apply for the visa as you have to see them in person.  

I tried the pads but didn't find them much good to be honest. Hopefully work better for you. And yes they'll rip the hairs out.

I don't think these pads do much at all.

Think it's meant to be 8 hours in place then you get a further 8 hours relief.

Better with a Deep Heat massage and maybe a hot water bottle on the tight muscle area. That's what I do anyway.

I've woke up with a crick in my neck loads of times so my heart goes out to you. Morgans just a dick :wink:

I find deepheat cream or an ibuprofen gel works well.

Do you rub it yourself or get help?

:whistling:

It doesn't help that I first read this as "deepthroat cream" 760507113.gif

luckyBatistuta

Was at a wedding on Friday and they had a Christmas tree up in the hallway of the hotel.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Was at a wedding on Friday and they had a Christmas tree up in the hallway of the hotel.

I was in the Merlin yesterday and saw they've got a sign up about booking Christmas meals. That seems pretty reasonable now.

DJs that talk over the last bit of ABC's 'Look of Love. (I'm talking to you, Chris Evans.)

Stop it - it's the best bit! It's what the whole song has been bulding-up to.

Edited by FWJ

I'm sure this has been mentioned before so apologies but tw@ts that think it is acceptable to play music and/or video out the speaker on their phone in public. It annoys me more than almost anything else.

You have the parents who think it is ok just because it is keeping little johnny/Jane quiet while at a restaurant. No it's not. It's actually worse as it just shows that not only can't you parent your own child in public you don't give a damn about anyone else in the restaurant either.

Then you have the guy who looks like he is probably a reasonably decent human being except that for some reason he does this. When you pull him up about it he generally looks embarrassed but that doesn't make them any better. If you knew you were being an arse why do it in the first place!

Then you have the guys who just genuinely don't care. They are lost so don't even try and reason with them. Just go straight up to them and point out that the young child to their left doesn't need to hear all the f bombs coming out of their iPhone 4. Securing crowd support is key for dealing with these guys.

I travel a lot and it is cross cultural. In the last two weeks I've seen it in Namibia, Brunei, Malaysia and china. I just don't understand why people think it is even vaguely acceptable.

I did it myself once by accident. I got on a flight. Plugged my headphones in and as it was a red eye fell asleep. I do remember thinking that the music sounded quiet but I was so knackered I just fell asleep.

The crew woke me god knows how long after due to complaints. I hadn't put the headphones in right and the reason the music sounded quiet was because it was coming through the speaker. Must have looked a right erse sitting there with headphones on with the music coming out of the phone.

Anyway. Rant over.

Except for this. Parents who put their kids in those freakin squeaky shoes. Why? It's not funny. It's not cute. They won't thank you for it. It's just a shocking intrusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by alyp

Folk getting excited about walking on a bridge.

Yeah, I really don't get this. You're just going to have to turn back again at the other side. I've never walked the original bridge, I have no desire to walk the new one. Invitations looked cool though.

Bridge of Djoum

Quoting English football statistics since the Premiee League began. "Huddersfield Town's debut in the Premier League." So what? Three-time English champions Huddersfield entertain four-time champions Newcastle United.

Football only began with the advent of the Premier League. 

Edited by No Wing Mirrors on Trains.

Bridge of Djoum

Been reading this with some interest and agree with you both if that's possible.

ManMoth is definitely correct. It's not any of Peters' business BUT, I too would find it very difficult just to sit back and say nothing when this man is so obviously a chancer and a lazy bones.

It's a real quandary.

If you have time to watch other employees sitting out the back, buying food, eating bananas outside, sitting in corners on their phones, I'd say you're not working hard enough yourself. 

If you have time to watch other employees sitting out the back, buying food, eating bananas outside, sitting in corners on their phones, I'd say you're not working hard enough yourself.

:laugh: well I suppose that depends on the job doesn't it?

I suppose I'd understand if Peter felt he had to do something, so he went and called the guy a lazy *****, told him he was costing the company money and putting their jobs under threat. That way, the guy can tell him to mind his own business, then probably also pull his socks up a bit, and who knows, maybe even manhugs, forgiveness and a couple of pints.

Cliping to the Man though, no. Not for me. I've never taken another man's name into the office, couldn't do it.

But then I'm the son of a shop steward :)

Bridge of Djoum

:laugh: well I suppose that depends on the job doesn't it?

I suppose I'd understand if Peter felt he had to do something, so he went and called the guy a lazy *****, told him he was costing the company money and putting their jobs under threat. That way, the guy can tell him to mind his own business, then probably also pull his socks up a bit, and who knows, maybe even manhugs, forgiveness and a couple of pints.

Cliping to the Man though, no. Not for me. I've never taken another man's name into the office, couldn't do it.

But then I'm the son of a shop steward :)

I understand where he's coming from, but i'd feel pretty bad ''telling'' on the guy. Ignore it or find yourself a job among motivated, intelligent people would be my advice.

Whether someone is the lowest or highest rung of the ladder, they should all be working together therefore he is quite right to mention it to the manager if someone isn't pulling their weight.

I'm a manager in my work and if I knew someone was as lazy as the security guard, I would have no issues with pulling him up and addressing the problem, forst of all with an informal chat, then if that didn't work, I would unfortunately have to go down the disciplinary route. If the problem still persisted, and I hope it wouldn't, the person would be out of a job.

If someone knew about this and just didn't say anything, this would be mentioned during their appraisal.

I'm not going to lie, after all the discussion on this the main point I was making was just that I'm working hard the whole time and he's doing nothing at all. Whether I should report him or not, he's still a lazy prick :lol: . It turns out the 2nd security guard (there's 2 who work alternating days) is almost as bad, saw him standing outside for no reason, and usually just sleeps in the back room. He's not as much of a shyster as the other guy but he's trying. Prick.

When you're trying to get money from the ATM and the machine is too busy thanking the guy who just withdrew a tenner and left 5mins ago

in addition to this, ATM machine asking if I want to see my balance and when I say no, asking if i'm sure, then asking if I would like a reciept, and again if i'm sure

Just want my money pal

Bridge of Djoum

in addition to this, ATM machine asking if I want to see my balance and when I say no, asking if i'm sure, then asking if I would like a reciept, and again if i'm sure

Just want my money pal

''ATM machine''??

Seething with rage here.

in addition to this, AutomatedTellerMachine machine asking if I want to see my balance and when I say no, asking if i'm sure, then asking if I would like a reciept, and again if i'm sure

Just want my money pal

:seething:

All roads lead to Gorgie

When you're trying to get money from the ATM and the machine is too busy thanking the guy who just withdrew a tenner and left 5mins ago

The amount of times you go to a machine and it is out of service or statements only. Other times you might want to check if a payment has gone into your account or a DD come off and no statements are available. GRRRR

I'm not going to lie, after all the discussion on this the main point I was making was just that I'm working hard the whole time and he's doing nothing at all. Whether I should report him or not, he's still a lazy prick :lol: . It turns out the 2nd security guard (there's 2 who work alternating days) is almost as bad, saw him standing outside for no reason, and usually just sleeps in the back room. He's not as much of a shyster as the other guy but he's trying. Prick.

You need a job where you don't need to work hard all the time rather than being jealous of people that don't.

You need a job where you don't need to work hard all the time rather than being jealous of people that don't.

:cornette:

I'm not jealous of him, I don't want to stand around doing nothing all day. He's a lazy shitebag and it annoys me.

Buying an HD ready tele and finding it's not got an HD tuner built in

What the France??!?!?!?!?!

As a result, no longer get Bt showcase (champions league and Europa league games) or the new Freesports channel.

But seriously, what good is an hd ready tv if you don't get hd channels?

This is the offending tv

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitachi-22HYD06U-Inch-Full-Combi/dp/B01NBOHQB6

I've had it for a few months so can't take it back, but at first I thought I was being stupid and not retuning it properly, read up on it and it doesn't have the tuner

Thankfully it's the bedroom tv so can watch the hd on the main tv but still annoying

Bounced my tyre off the kerb on the way home from work, ?70 for new tyre. Happy ****ing Monday.

Think I'll pour myself a large whiskey.

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

Spiders. The amount of mutated ******** ive had to deal with this week has been ridiculous.

Doesn't help that I've got two useless cats that would rather play with them instead of just eating the ******* things.

Edited by iantjambo

:rofl::cornette:

Absolute shite. It's because I'm doing my work and that I'm all over the place getting things done that I can see him sitting on his phone in the corner, then out in the front, etc.

Spiders. The amount of mutated ******** ive had to deal with this week has been ridiculous.

Doesn't help that I've got two useless cats that would rather play with them instead of just eating the ******* things.

I've never had any spiders in my house in the 4 years I've been here. In the last week I've had umpteen, big, huge nasties. How do you actually keep them out? Probably doesn't help that I always have windows open or on hopper but I love fresh air in the house.

Bridge of Djoum

:rofl::cornette:

Absolute shite. It's because I'm doing my work and that I'm all over the place getting things done that I can see him sitting on his phone in the corner, then out in the front, etc.

You use a lot of cornettes in your posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get many spiders but in their place I get loads of slaters wandering about the place at 1mph. Nowhere near as bad as spiders but they annoy me more than they should.

I don't get many spiders but in their place I get loads of slaters wandering about the place at 1mph. Nowhere near as bad as spiders but they annoy me more than they should.

Slaters are like wee Linford Christies here.

Fast, annoying and difficult to catch.

Not heard the term 'slaters' for years by the way :thumb:

Dagger Is Back

The security "guard" at my work is an absolute wage-thief of the highest order. I know people cut corners at times but this prick takes the absolute piss. I work in a small retail store so he doesn't even have that much to watch over. He spends literally half the time sitting in the very corner of the store on his phone, the rest of the time buying food and eating it in the back, talking to staff with no customers or potential shoplifters around that area, or standing outside in the sun. I saw him standing outside the store for about 10mins eating a banana during working hours ffs :lol: .

He doesn't even have that much to do as it's a small store, walk around, keep an eye out and make your presence known to put off potential shoplifters, this prick doesn't even do that.

Obviously I'm not a grass but ffs this guy takes the absolute piss, an absolute wage thief of the highest order. I feel I should do something as we have quite a bad problem with shoplifters (unsurprisingly) but I'm not sure what.

Can't abide lazy work shy sorts. Couple of weeks ago passed a nursery which adjoins the local primary school. All the kids out playing and where is the nursery teacher? Crouched and I mean crouched behind a bench on her bloody phone.

She near shit herself when I coughed! That phone was in her pocket pretty damned sharpish

:cornette:

I'm not jealous of him, I don't want to stand around doing nothing all day. He's a lazy shitebag and it annoys me.

It annoys you that he doesn't work as hard as you. It annoys you that he doesn't need to work as hard as you. Sounds like jealousy.

I sometimes go to sleep at work as soon as I get there and go home after I wake up. Other times I'll sit and bullshit with other folk and place accumulator bets all day. Then there are days I need to do something. It's not really anyone elses business what I'm doing.

Buying an HD ready tele and finding it's not got an HD tuner built in

What the France??!?!?!?!?!

As a result, no longer get Bt showcase (champions league and Europa league games) or the new Freesports channel.

But seriously, what good is an hd ready tv if you don't get hd channels?

This is the offending tv

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitachi-22HYD06U-Inch-Full-Combi/dp/B01NBOHQB6

I've had it for a few months so can't take it back, but at first I thought I was being stupid and not retuning it properly, read up on it and it doesn't have the tuner

Thankfully it's the bedroom tv so can watch the hd on the main tv but still annoying

Most mobile phones are bigger than that telly.

It annoys you that he doesn't work as hard as you. It annoys you that he doesn't need to work as hard as you. Sounds like jealousy.

I sometimes go to sleep at work as soon as I get there and go home after I wake up. Other times I'll sit and bullshit with other folk and place accumulator bets all day. Then there are days I need to do something. It's not really anyone elses business what I'm doing.

Peter is Charlie Drake.

luckyBatistuta

I've never had any spiders in my house in the 4 years I've been here. In the last week I've had umpteen, big, huge nasties. How do you actually keep them out? Probably doesn't help that I always have windows open or on hopper but I love fresh air in the house.

My missus says she'll let you borrow her cat for a nominal fee...

IMG_3408.gif

Captain Sausage

My boss.

I work for a large multi national firm along with my wife. She got a promotion and a move to London which she couldn't turn down. I asked my boss for a transfer (I'm the longest serving engineer in the team) and I was refused, despite several of my colleagues being permitted to move in the interim, with him citing 'operational constraints' but in reality, taking the huff at me wanting out of the region.

He's since turned it into a personal vendetta. The latest incident being that he gave the entire team a massive bonus for successful execution of a piece of work. The only person in the 30-odd man team who didn't get a bonus was me. The reason I'm seething about it is that I did literally all of the planning of the job. I planned a 14 shift job to within 45 minutes, saving the company >?300k a day.

On top of that, I had to commute up and down for 4 months from London to Aberdeen while my pregnant wife was left to deal with everything herself. My boss continually snipes at me about being sad for letting my wife dictate my career and how London is no place to bring up a child.

I'm at the point of sacking it in and looking for something else. He's properly got me raging.

luckyBatistuta

My boss.

I work for a large multi national firm along with my wife. She got a promotion and a move to London which she couldn't turn down. I asked my boss for a transfer (I'm the longest serving engineer in the team) and I was refused, despite several of my colleagues being permitted to move in the interim, with him citing 'operational constraints' but in reality, taking the huff at me wanting out of the region.

He's since turned it into a personal vendetta. The latest incident being that he gave the entire team a massive bonus for successful execution of a piece of work. The only person in the 30-odd man team who didn't get a bonus was me. The reason I'm seething about it is that I did literally all of the planning of the job. I planned a 14 shift job to within 45 minutes, saving the company >?300k a day.

On top of that, I had to commute up and down for 4 months from London to Aberdeen while my pregnant wife was left to deal with everything herself. My boss continually snipes at me about being sad for letting my wife dictate my career and how London is no place to bring up a child.

I'm at the point of sacking it in and looking for something else. He's properly got me raging.

Stay strong bud, hopefully with all his devious ploys against you, he'll end up feking up and get himself in bother.

Dagger Is Back

Not a seethe more a minor moan but what is it with all this reach out crap these days?

Virgin Media and Amazon to name but two. Thank you for reaching out to us. I believe my colleague reached out to you. WTAF.

Imagine being trained and encouraged to actually say that.

My boss.

This has gone on for some time hasn't it?

Your boss sounds like a grade A arsehole, I'll bet his oil widow wife appreciates his outlook. He's right about one thing, London's an awful place to bring up children. Working there doesn't mean you have to live there though.

Captain Sausage

This has gone on for some time hasn't it?

Your boss sounds like a grade A arsehole, I'll bet his oil widow wife appreciates his outlook. He's right about one thing, London's an awful place to bring up children. Working there doesn't mean you have to live there though.

It's been ongoing for 9 months now. We will be living in Weybridge - 30 minutes to Waterloo but a good village feel and some outstanding local schools.

Had a chat with my old man and he's told me just to keep my head down, and see out the last 6 months up here without any drama. Hard to do knowing that he is getting what he wants but he is a relic of the industry and thankfully less of his kind are getting into positions of power!

People using you as a referee without your permission. Twice in the last week I've been contacted for references for people. Neither of whom had the manners to ask me if I minded, and more importantly if I would actually give them a reference.

It's been ongoing for 9 months now. We will be living in Weybridge - 30 minutes to Waterloo but a good village feel and some outstanding local schools.

Had a chat with my old man and he's told me just to keep my head down, and see out the last 6 months up here without any drama. Hard to do knowing that he is getting what he wants but he is a relic of the industry and thankfully less of his kind are getting into positions of power!

Sounds like a walloper

Also sounds like it could be classed as bullying, have you kept a log of the comments he has made(dates and times) etc?

Is there any cause NOT to give a bonus to you either?

If you have all these added up, hr would probably take a dim view of his axtions