The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

The new Manchester United shirt modeled on a mannequin beside a massive picture of Pogba at Edinburgh Airport. Just **** off with that shite man.

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Future's Maroon

Tourists, Traffic, Edinburgh during August.

I'm at the end of my tether this year.

Someone said to me the other day that the Festival piss has outgrown Edinburgh and it's time to share it out more, I sort of agree but on other hand can Edinburgh afford tae share it out with Glasgow for example.

Harry Potter

Table leg + my toes. B*****d. Been hopping round the house for five minutes cursing. Wondering now if it's broken. B*****d.

Watch out for lego bricks, stand on them and your finished.

Салатные палочки

Will power or the lack of it.  The inability to say no.  

Had an alcohol-free weekend.  Felt the bollocks yesterday, fresh as a daisy.  Gets back from the bursds house yesterday, flat mate and my other mate drinking and watching the football.  Want a can?  Aye go on then.  

00.30 standing wrecked in the kebab shop ordering donner meat, chips and cheese.   Rough as toast today.  

The security "guard" at my work is an absolute wage-thief of the highest order. I know people cut corners at times but this prick takes the absolute piss. I work in a small retail store so he doesn't even have that much to watch over. He spends literally half the time sitting in the very corner of the store on his phone, the rest of the time buying food and eating it in the back, talking to staff with no customers or potential shoplifters around that area, or standing outside in the sun. I saw him standing outside the store for about 10mins eating a banana during working hours ffs :lol: .

He doesn't even have that much to do as it's a small store, walk around, keep an eye out and make your presence known to put off potential shoplifters, this prick doesn't even do that.

Obviously I'm not a grass but ffs this guy takes the absolute piss, an absolute wage thief of the highest order. I feel I should do something as we have quite a bad problem with shoplifters (unsurprisingly) but I'm not sure what.

Unknown user

The security "guard" at my work is an absolute wage-thief of the highest order. I know people cut corners at times but this prick takes the absolute piss. I work in a small retail store so he doesn't even have that much to watch over. He spends literally half the time sitting in the very corner of the store on his phone, the rest of the time buying food and eating it in the back, talking to staff with no customers or potential shoplifters around that area, or standing outside in the sun. I saw him standing outside the store for about 10mins eating a banana during working hours ffs :lol: .

He doesn't even have that much to do as it's a small store, walk around, keep an eye out and make your presence known to put off potential shoplifters, this prick doesn't even do that.

Obviously I'm not a grass but ffs this guy takes the absolute piss, an absolute wage thief of the highest order. I feel I should do something as we have quite a bad problem with shoplifters (unsurprisingly) but I'm not sure what.

I always take the view that it's the employers problem and it's not for me to **** with another man's job of work.

If he's not affecting you don't worry about it, it's none of your business imo.

I always take the view that it's the employers problem and it's not for me to **** with another man's job of work.

If he's not affecting you don't worry about it, it's none of your business imo.

He's taking the absoute piss out of the store though, shoplifters must see it as a buy-none-get-some-free buffet. He has an easy job really as a lot of the time he just has to make a presence yet he still just sits in the corner on his phone literally half the time.

All the while I'm walking around all over the place actually doing my job.

Unknown user

He's taking the absoute piss out of the store though, shoplifters must see it as a buy-none-get-some-free buffet. He has an easy job really as a lot of the time he just has to make a presence yet he still just sits in the corner on his phone literally half the time.

So? Unless you're his supervisor it's nothing to do with you Edited by ManMoth

deesidejambo

Start nicking stuff then.    

So? Unless you're his supervisor it's nothing to do with you

Am I not allowed to worry about theft from a small store I work at and feel something should be done about it?

Is it not a legitimate seethe having co-workers who are absolute passengers and wage-thieves?

Will power or the lack of it. The inability to say no.

Had an alcohol-free weekend. Felt the bollocks yesterday, fresh as a daisy. Gets back from the bursds house yesterday, flat mate and my other mate drinking and watching the football. Want a can? Aye go on then.

00.30 standing wrecked in the kebab shop ordering donner meat, chips and cheese. Rough as toast today.

:rofl:

Unknown user

Am I not allowed to worry about theft from a small store I work at and feel something should be done about it?

Is it not a legitimate seethe having co-workers who are absolute passengers and wage-thieves?

You're allowed to do what you want, I'm just saying that this is none of your business imo.

If his managers allowing this to happen then you've got a shit manager, that's the real problem.

You're allowed to do what you want, I'm just saying that this is none of your business imo.

If his managers allowing this to happen then you've got a shit manager, that's the real problem.

I don't think he knows it's happening as he working in the back office 90% of the time, I don't think he knows at all.

Unknown user

I don't think he knows it's happening as he working in the back office 90% of the time, I don't think he knows at all.

Well there's your problem, a shit manager doesn't know what's going on under him.

In your first post you said you didn't knew what to do about it - don't do anything imo, it's not your business

Well there's your problem, a shit manager doesn't know what's going on under him.

In your first post you said you didn't knew what to do about it - don't do anything imo, it's not your business

He's not going to know everything that's happening :lol: .

Regardless from whether I should do something, he's a wage thief and a prick of a man and more.

Unknown user

Regardless from whether I should do something, he's a wage thief and a prick of a man and more.

I'm not arguing with that, just offering my opinion that it's not your business to do anything about it.

While I agree a manager can't know everything, a good manager should be able to spot something as obvious as the picture you're painting.

I'm not arguing with that, just offering my opinion that it's not your business to do anything about it.

While I agree a manager can't know everything, a good manager should be able to spot something as obvious as the picture you're painting.

Been reading this with some interest and agree with you both if that's possible.

ManMoth is definitely correct. It's not any of Peters' business BUT, I too would find it very difficult just to sit back and say nothing when this man is so obviously a chancer and a lazy bones.

It's a real quandary.

Harry Potter

Had an alcohol-free weekend.  Felt the bollocks yesterday, fresh as a daisy.  Gets back from the bursds house yesterday, flat mate and my other mate drinking and watching the football.  Want a can?  Aye go on then.  

00.30 standing wrecked in the kebab shop ordering donner meat, chips and cheese.   Rough as toast today.  

Easy to say yes to a beer or 2, then reality bites back, nightmare, been there too many times.

Lazy bones :phface:

Not heard that expression for yonks :lol:

Yonks :vrface:

Not heard that expression since I last typed it. :)

Easy to say yes to a beer or 2, then reality bites back, nightmare, been there too many times.

Good at the time though Harold.

Good at the time.

By the way Harry, Vermin.net are congratulating you on getting the managers job...

:)

Been reading this with some interest and agree with you both if that's possible.

ManMoth is definitely correct. It's not any of Peters' business BUT, I too would find it very difficult just to sit back and say nothing when this man is so obviously a chancer and a lazy bones.

It's a real quandary.

I tend to fall on the side of, Peter's an employee at a small shop with limited resources.  A significant fraction of those resources are going to pay the wages of a man who isn't putting a shift in, and whose presence isn't deterring shoplifting--the whole reason his position exists in the first place, his one job.  Therefore it is absolutely Peter's business, as this state of affairs may have a negative impact on his potential for continued employment and pay raises, improvements to the store which bring in more business, etc.

Unknown user

I tend to fall on the side of, Peter's an employee at a small shop with limited resources. A significant fraction of those resources are going to pay the wages of a man who isn't putting a shift in, and whose presence isn't deterring shoplifting--the whole reason his position exists in the first place, his one job. Therefore it is absolutely Peter's business, as this state of affairs may have a negative impact on his potential for continued employment and pay raises, improvements to the store which bring in more business, etc.

To each their own of course, but it's not Peters place to do anything about it imo. There's plenty of feckless tossers where I work but I get paid to worry about how ManMoth's performing, no one else. I come in, I work, and eight hours later I go home. Let the manager worry about other people's performance.

Rudolf's Mate

Which boozer was Dick Turpin working in?

Some swanky place over Gunwarf in Portsmouth however we've moved to Old Portsmouth now. Sat outside being burnt to a crisp [emoji41]

Paying a lot less anaw!!

Some swanky place over Gunwarf in Portsmouth however we've moved to Old Portsmouth now. Sat outside being burnt to a crisp [emoji41]

Paying a lot less anaw!!

All is good then!!

:thumbsup:

Total empathy here

Work in a small store (big company) and the amount of utter dossers we have had "working" as security guards is laughable.

Sadly it's not an industry where folk are desperate to work in

Thankfully it's a note to their boss about their 'routines' a couple of warnings and if not shaping up. Off they go somewhere else. (Not lost their job just given a new post)

One of the worst was a guy who would do 'security checks' on the downstairs cabinet of spirits and fags to make sure they were locked and sealed 5/6 times a day.

Sounds ok? But not when it requires 2 to open it and it's covered by cctv! That no one had even been near once.

Spent more time on the john that on the shop floor!

Knew the 'rougher' customers by name but more of a 'don't hurt me mate' than a 'how we doing pal'

Another one always took their break at the busiest time of day, always same time, like clockwork, low and behold, thiefs galore

It's a thankless task sadly but always remember, don't put yourself in danger

Morgan it's the first bank holiday I've been oot on it in about 10 years so definitely all good :2thumbsup:

Cool.

Enjoy. :thumb:

3fingersreid

Steal something and see if the fud notices.....:lol:

Or steal something that belongs to him to see if he notices

Times must be hard in Dalkeith.  Some **** stole an empty carrier bag from my trolley in Tesco when I turned to get something off a shelf.

Unknown user

Times must be hard in Dalkeith. Some **** stole an empty carrier bag from my trolley in Tesco when I turned to get something off a shelf.

As a DHS alumnus, I can confirm that times are always hard in Dalkeith

This is ****ing ace, only because it happens to me all the time :lol:

Салатные палочки

Sky Sports News going full tabloid on deadline day.  

Three or four times they mentioned the conversation between Pogba and Mahrez at the end of the game on Saturday, saying "could Pogba be talking Mahrez into a move to Old Trafford".  Or they could just be chatting as players do?

I know they need to fill airtime but its embarrassing seeing the lovely Alex Hammond reduced to that crap.  

Sky Sports News going full tabloid on deadline day.  

Three or four times they mentioned the conversation between Pogba and Mahrez at the end of the game on Saturday, saying "could Pogba be talking Mahrez into a move to Old Trafford".  Or they could just be chatting as players do?

I know they need to fill airtime but its embarrassing seeing the lovely Alex Hammond reduced to that crap.  

On a side note, Alex Hammond :wub: .

Transfer deadline day, can't ******* stand it. Overblown players on disgusting money, overhyped moves and overly dramatic presenters.

"He's left the Watford training ground with a black bag, does he have a pair of boots in there? Does that indicate a multi-million pound move is on the cards? Here's Harry Redknapp for his inane and incomprehensive input."

michael_bolton

The levels of rudeness you get from airport staff around the world at security.

They routinely sigh at you for asking questions like 'do I need to take out my laptop?' or shout when someone gets it wrong with their laptop, or shoes, or belt etc.

It's fine for them doing the same thing day in, day out. But people who travel relatively frequently know that many airports have completely different approaches. Laptop in or out? Shoes on or off? Belt on or off? Bag in a tray or just on the belt? Walk through quickly or wait to be signalled?

All of these are variables I've experienced both versions of. Yet airport staff seem to assume we can all just automatically guess what the right answer is at their airport.

Tramps.

The levels of rudeness you get from airport staff around the world at security.

They routinely sigh at you for asking questions like 'do I need to take out my laptop?' or shout when someone gets it wrong with their laptop, or shoes, or belt etc.

It's fine for them doing the same thing day in, day out. But people who travel relatively frequently know that many airports have completely different approaches. Laptop in or out? Shoes on or off? Belt on or off? Bag in a tray or just on the belt? Walk through quickly or wait to be signalled?

All of these are variables I've experienced both versions of. Yet airport staff seem to assume we can all just automatically guess what the right answer is at their airport.

Tramps.

And Edinburgh airport security staff constantly calling people 'pal'. It's bad enough saying it to a male but just not on to a female.

And telling you which queue to join as they call people 'yous'.