The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

BoJack Horseman

Arseholes who sit next to you on the bus but have no concept of personal space so sit almost on top of you.

I wouldn't mind if it was someone nice but it's almost always a fat mess or some jakie.

Always stare right at the passengers as they get on the bus. They'll be looking round eyeing up where to sit, and no one's going to sit next to you once you've made eye contact with them.

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rossthejambo

Always stare right at the passengers as they get on the bus. They'll be looking round eyeing up where to sit, and no one's going to sit next to you once you've made eye contact with them.

Those are my usual tactics when it comes to that sort. My bus is rammed these days so there's no escaping them.

... or potentially you'll get a slap or some boy looking for a ten pound handjob. Risk analysis - always.

Got on a bus recently in Ottawa (airport to downtown just after 5pm) ... the dribbly three-seater had a piece of pus/blood soiled gauze (not saturated or anything but it was obvious from my seat 10 feet away) lying on it. Couple of stops later a young professional (man probably in his mid 20s), lanky, suited with a iphone and ear-buds virtually sits on it placing his satchel over it. I sit there intrigued for the next few minutes. He fumbles about in his inside pocket then reaches for his bag again, pulls it to his lap; eventually places it at his feet. Sits engrossed in his day just passed no doubt then momentarily places his fist down to his right onto the 'thing', and then back up to his lap. Carries on for the next few minutes fairly expressionless. Eventually he sees it and casually wipes it with his hands onto the floor. Not phazed a single iota.

I'm thinking, he's either some medical genius that knows it's impossible to transfer germs in that particular manner or he's a naive mummy's boy (probably based purely on looks), or a brilliantly disguised absolute hard-as bammer...

Bloodied gauze on the disabled seats on a bus and the boy doesn't even raise an eyebrow. Mental. So mental I thought I'd share it with you cats.

Edited by ArcticJambo

BoJack Horseman

... or potentially you'll get a slap or some boy looking for a ten pound handjob. Risk analysis - always.

Got on a bus recently in Ottawa (airport to downtown just after 5pm) ... the dribbly three-seater had a piece of pus/blood soiled gauze (not saturated or anything but it was obvious from my seat 10 feet away) lying on it. Couple of stops later a young professional (man probably in his mid 20s), lanky, suited with a iphone and ear-buds virtually sits on it placing his satchel over it. I sit there intrigued for the next few minutes. He fumbles about in his inside pocket then reaches for his bag again, pulls it to his lap; eventually places it at his feet. Sits engrossed in his day just passed no doubt then momentarily places his fist down to his right onto the 'thing', and then back up to his lap. Carries on for the next few minutes fairly expressionless. Eventually he sees it and casually wipes it with his hands onto the floor. Not phazed a single iota.

I'm thinking, he's either some medical genius that knows it's impossible to transfer germs in that particular manner or he's just plain unaware, or absolutely hard as ...

Bloodied gauze on the disabled seats on a busand the boy doesn't even raise an eyebrow. Mental. So mental I thought I'd share it with you cats.

What would you have done? No doubt he was panicking on the inside, but had to act casual given the circumstances.

I'm thinking, he's either some medical genius that knows it's impossible to transfer germs in that particular manner or he's a naive mummy's boy (probably based purely on looks), or a brilliantly disguised absolute hard-as bammer...

Bloodied gauze on the disabled seats on a bus and the boy doesn't even raise an eyebrow. Mental. So mental I thought I'd share it with you cats.

Certainly displaying remarkable sang-froid!

What would you have done? No doubt he was panicking on the inside, but had to act casual given the circumstances.

I was definitely fighting an inner struggle Roger ... should I warn him about his impending doom, or come to terms with his fortitude. I thought surely he had seen the offense before him. It even crossed my mind that he had come back to retrieve it ... the wound was maybe on the blind-side. I dismissed this possibility however. I checked myself; I was in a foreign land, culturally stranded ... I fell literally oops, strike that Tommy will be upon me, metaphorically frozen with fear for the lad, which was odd as I had just arrived from the icy wastes up yonder.

He got off the bus without a wobble so I assume there was a happy ending. Phew.

Edited by ArcticJambo

Rice.

My mrs buys shit, cheap rice as she thinks it's good value. It's shit value because it doesnt taste nice compared with good rice. But...but...but...*******...but, that's not the point. Good rice is about ?2 more expensive than shit rice - apparently that ?2 saving is important. And yet regularly she'll think nothing of buying a cup of tea. A cup of tea that costs about, oh i dont know, ?2 and costs about 10p to make. And that's being generous. And she can't see the difference.

Anyway. Rice.

Rice.

My mrs buys shit, cheap rice as she thinks it's good value. It's shit value because it doesnt taste nice compared with good rice. But...but...but...*******...but, that's not the point. Good rice is about ?2 more expensive than shit rice - apparently that ?2 saving is important. And yet regularly she'll think nothing of buying a cup of tea. A cup of tea that costs about, oh i dont know, ?2 and costs about 10p to make. And that's being generous. And she can't see the difference.

Anyway. Rice.

Send it over to the Cannae afford to take the burd to teh pictures coz my brain is too big and needs cash caressing turned blow yer wad on a wedding thread ... might come in handy for basic savings tips for a few. I'm sure Marks & Spencer do top notch wedding rice.

Why does every single new parent on the planet feel compelled to post a facebook photo with the father asleep beside their offspring? **** off with that shit. It's not cute, it's cringeworthy after seeing it for the millionth time.

I might have already said this but couples who have conversations on facebook. Dicks. Just removed two ****s for doing this.

Why does every single new parent on the planet feel compelled to post a facebook photo with the father asleep beside their offspring? **** off with that shit. It's not cute, it's cringeworthy after seeing it for the millionth time.

I might have already said this but couples who have conversations on facebook. Dicks. Just removed two ****s for doing this.

Parents in general who think other people are as interested in their children as they are. I don't care about any little shit's "development".

On another FB note how annoying was all the photos of kids 1st day of school?

There was loads. I was going to post asking if anyone could tell me when the schools went back. I wished I had now.

People in general just annoy me.

A guy in my gym whistles in the changing rooms all the time. Drives me nuts, my inner Patrick Bateman wants to strike him with a new, polished axe every time I hear him!!!!

Double spaces after periods. What's the story here?

What Boris said. :tiny:

But to your question: it's a generational thing, I think, and originates from when we used typewriters.

Editing and proofreading make up about 30% of my working day; the double-space brigade are just one of many irritating, outdated writing habits I would banish to Room 101.

On the double space after a full-stop ... I didn't realise there was an accepted alternative, nevermind that it would be bothersome to anyone. I'll most likely soon forget the single-spaced folks (typically lazy in their general approach no doubt) and carry on as usual. However, once in a while I'll remember their seethe and smile. :)

Snake Plissken

Koreans and public transport...

I don't know what it is about Koreans because I've travelled all over Asia and have never had the problems that I do on an almost daily basis here. I have never seen a nation of people so completely oblivious to their surroundings, if I didn't know better, I'd think they were doing it on purpose (it is in the case of the old women but that's a whole other post).

I take a subway and a bus to work so I see this fine nation at its worst almost every single day. When I get off the subway, almost every single time people while try to get on before I've gotten off. It's ridiculous, they need only wait for one second and they'll be able to board unobstructed. One single second and there'd be no problems but no, nearly every ******* day some dick will just see the doors of the train open and plough ahead in. I got so fed up at it that nowadays I just barge right back into them, shoulder-checking them out of the way without stopping.

The bus is equally aggravating.

Even though the route I take is extremely busy, the bus that services it is tiny, seating capacity is maybe 40. If there is a limit to the standing capacity, I've not encountered it. I have been on buses so full that people were almost spilling out the front door yet the driver still let another three people on. Standing in a tiny bus with 300 people, many of whom smell like old cabbage (the signature scent of anyone over 50) does not a happy Snake make. The journey takes about 40 minutes and the seats are like the last piece of cake at a fat camp, I'll silently curse every potential seat usurper that covets the same seat I do. It always seem to be some areshole that just got on at the last stop that gets it.

:seething:

On the double space after a full-stop ... I didn't realise there was an accepted alternative, nevermind that it would be bothersome to anyone. I'll most likely soon forget the single-spaced folks (typically lazy in their general approach no doubt) and carry on as usual. However, once in a while I'll remember their seethe and smile. :)

:cheesy:

Practising what you preach too, I see; it's a window into what JKB posts would have looked like had the Internet existed in the 60s...

:cheesy:

Practising what you preach too, I see; it's a window into what JKB posts would have looked like had the Internet existed in the 60s...

I remember using a typewriter for my Higher Geography 'dissertation' (I don't remember what the correct term for this practical was) which happened to be on the Geomorphology of Arthur's Seat and surrounds. Total nightmare ... the number of re-types I went through. This wasn't the sixties btw; mid eighties. Still, they obviously didn't have a problem with my double spaces as I got 50/50.

:fonzie:

Just looked out the window and the fuel tanker (ship) that has been passing back and forth for the past day & a half (having just spent 2 days previous to that off-loading some of its cargo of gasoline, jet-A and diesel) is coming back to its pull up point 300 yards offshore. You can literally see the captain's seethe. They've come back to pick up some divers who flew in tonight.

9574843892_408ccf9e3f_c.jpg

Captain lost his anchor early yesterday morning. :rofl:

Just looked out the window and the fuel tanker (ship) that has been passing back and forth for the past day & a half (having just spent 2 days previous to that off-loading some of its cargo of gasoline, jet-A and diesel) is coming back to its pull up point 300 yards offshore. You can literally see the captain's seethe. They've come back to pick up some divers who flew in tonight.

9574843892_408ccf9e3f_c.jpg

Captain lost his anchor early yesterday morning. :rofl:

Seething with sympathy!

Guest GhostHunter

Having a seethefest at the gym just now..

See those guys who think you're at the gym for a social gathering and insist on trying to chat ?

Just ******* stop it.

Having a seethefest at the gym just now..

See those guys who think you're at the gym for a social gathering and insist on trying to chat ?

Just ******* stop it.

Maybe he just likes you...

The Internet

Koreans and public transport...

I don't know what it is about Koreans because I've travelled all over Asia and have never had the problems that I do on an almost daily basis here. I have never seen a nation of people so completely oblivious to their surroundings, if I didn't know better, I'd think they were doing it on purpose (it is in the case of the old women but that's a whole other post).

I take a subway and a bus to work so I see this fine nation at its worst almost every single day. When I get off the subway, almost every single time people while try to get on before I've gotten off. It's ridiculous, they need only wait for one second and they'll be able to board unobstructed. One single second and there'd be no problems but no, nearly every ******* day some dick will just see the doors of the train open and plough ahead in. I got so fed up at it that nowadays I just barge right back into them, shoulder-checking them out of the way without stopping.

The bus is equally aggravating.

Even though the route I take is extremely busy, the bus that services it is tiny, seating capacity is maybe 40. If there is a limit to the standing capacity, I've not encountered it. I have been on buses so full that people were almost spilling out the front door yet the driver still let another three people on. Standing in a tiny bus with 300 people, many of whom smell like old cabbage (the signature scent of anyone over 50) does not a happy Snake make. The journey takes about 40 minutes and the seats are like the last piece of cake at a fat camp, I'll silently curse every potential seat usurper that covets the same seat I do. It always seem to be some areshole that just got on at the last stop that gets it.

:seething:

That sounds like my kind of hell. Think I'll add South Korea to the list of places I'll never move to. Don't care how good the rest of it is, couldn't be doing with such shite public transport etiquette.

Strikes. There have been a good few in Spain since I've been here and it always turns into a nightmare. Especially when the metro workers go on strike and I have to get on a bus like the one Snake describes after waiting an hour or two. Selfish ****s who already get good pay and want to protect it and care not a jot how it affects others.

The catholic church and ***** like Keith O'Brien. Back in the news today for their noncery and cover ups. Turns out he personally blocked an investigation into historic sexual abuse which the former arch bishop of Glasgow had been trying to get underway. The investigation had been looking at complaints over the last 60 years but that would have exposed O'Brian and others.

The Catholic Church have agreed to disclose information about complaints over the last 6 years though so that's good of them. *****.

Seethe.

Parents to be putting pictures of the scan up

THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME FFS

I only wanna see it if it's giving the middle finger or something remotely interesting

Edited by Jeffosphere

A Boy Named Crow

I only wanna see it if it's giving the middle finger or something remotely interesting

My typical reaction to anybody showing me one of those scans is to point out how much it looks like those black and white satellite pictures they used to show on the weather.

My beer is on the ship sitting just offshore but it can't unload because the sea is too rough.

Beer. homer-simpson-02.jpg

My beer is on the ship sitting just offshore but it can't unload because the sea is too rough.

Beer. homer-simpson-02.jpg

No beer because the sea is too rough?

Close the thread - we have a winner. If "winner" is the right word in the circumstances.

Ouch.

Chris Benoit

Mine was facepalming in hers, didn't put it on Facebook though. Can't even remember the last time I put a pic of the bairn up, got a few on Instagram and that's it.

No beer because the sea is too rough?

Close the thread - we have a winner. If "winner" is the right word in the circumstances.

Ouch.

'Fresh' beer an all ... bought in June over the river from Ottawa, in Hull, Quebec where the taxes are less. :thumbsup: Raging I can't partake this weekend. Bloody full moon.

Jimmy McNulty

I remember using a typewriter for my Higher Geography 'dissertation' (I don't remember what the correct term for this practical was) which happened to be on the Geomorphology of Arthur's Seat and surrounds. Total nightmare ... the number of re-types I went through. This wasn't the sixties btw; mid eighties. Still, they obviously didn't have a problem with my double spaces as I got 50/50.

Same pain for me; and it was probably a year or 2 after you did yours. Tipex was a great thing.

'Fresh' beer an all ... bought in June over the river from Ottawa, in Hull, Quebec where the taxes are less. :thumbsup: Raging I can't partake this weekend. Bloody full moon.

Hopefully it won't be too long before you get to open them. :thumbsup:

Just spent a few days in Edinburgh and took the opportunity to drink some proper Scottish beers. Just thought I'd mention that. :whistling:

Same pain for me; and it was probably a year or 2 after you did yours. Tipex was a great thing.

:lol: All Hail Tipex. Funny, I almost made reference to that wonder of yesteryear. Saying that, I don't remember the word processers down there in Drummond St being much better three yrs later when I did my proper dissertation.

Hopefully it won't be too long before you get to open them. :thumbsup:

Just spent a few days in Edinburgh and took the opportunity to drink some proper Scottish beers. Just thought I'd mention that. :whistling:

Cheers to that, and real beer ... which will have to wait until next June. Will have to be content with the pish water I've ordered. When I sup on those bog standard ones I'll be mentally tasting a cold crisp Tennents. :lol: The place I bought the beer in Quebec was essentially a converted house in a residential area filled with beer, and staffed by an old French-Canadian couple . Quite odd really. Still it beats the gov warehouses of Ontario.

Why do you do this to yourself :(

The gym I go to has had to put signs up requesting patrons do not stick chewing gum to any machines / pieces of equipment and pointing out that there are 6 (six!) bins in the room.

How clarty can people be?

Konrad von Carstein

I'm in Kent for the weekend yesterday was monsoon like all day. Awful :(

Edited by Bruce Willis

Konrad von Carstein

BTW the use of fitba/footie in a post should attract warning points

Unless moaning about use of said words of course

TheMaganator

Just back from a weekend in Northern Ireland.

The 'spa' hotel we were in wouldn't let you go in the pool without a swimming cap?!

They charged ?2.50 per cap. *******s.

I was told its like that all over NI. Anyone had experience of this?

Just back from a weekend in Northern Ireland.

The 'spa' hotel we were in wouldn't let you go in the pool without a swimming cap?!

They charged ?2.50 per cap. *******s.

I was told its like that all over NI. Anyone had experience of this?

Yep. Many hotels in the South have the same rule, as do a lot of public pools. I'm not sure what the thinking behind it is, but in any case it's a common rule.

Jimmy McNulty

Cheers to that, and real beer ... which will have to wait until next June. Will have to be content with the pish water I've ordered. When I sup on those bog standard ones I'll be mentally tasting a cold crisp Tennents. :lol: The place I bought the beer in Quebec was essentially a converted house in a residential area filled with beer, and staffed by an old French-Canadian couple . Quite odd really. Still it beats the gov warehouses of Ontario.

King of Beers? Don't buy my beer on the Ontario side any more (unless desperate).