The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Banks, It's no surprise they lost so much money, each and every one of them is useless!

Lost my debit card on saturday so phoned them up to cancel the card, one of the security questions was about any Direct Debits and I said I only had one for my mobile phone, asked me how much it is for and I said normally around 38 quid, the guy then says he needs the exact amount ffs, Direct Debits are by their very nature variable amounts and can anyone honestly off the top of their head remember what last months bill was to the penny?

What has really annoyed me though is that I have recently moved flat so I thought it would be easy enough to change my address either using phone or online banking, no chance, I have to go into a branch to do that. So rather than delay my new card being sent out any more than the 10 days it will already take I've had it sent to the branch.

How the hell in this day and age can it honestly take 10 days to create and post a bank card?

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Edinburgh's road surfaces. One of the worst has to be Marchmont Road heading from the meadows to Grange Road - it's like driving through a ploughed field.

God help us once the freezing nights start their work on the surfaces.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Why is it that the parking ticket machines in Edinburgh don't take 10ps. Only wanted to park outside a shop in Stockbridge for ten mins and you are supposed to get that for 20p. Only had 10s, 50s and ?s. Grrrr

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

Guest GhostHunter

FFS

Sales people in PC World trying to flog you insurance no matter what you buy

The printer only cost me ?40 FFS - if it breaks, I'LL BUY ANOTHER

Now F Off.

Predicting 5 correct scores and one result out of 6 in the work predicter correctly last night and not putting them on at the bookies like i sometimes do. :(

FFS

The printer only cost me ?40 FFS - when it breaks, I'LL BUY ANOTHER

Now F Off.

FTFY

Guest GhostHunter

Printers have to be the most unreliable pieces of shit out there.

Yep - that's a whole other seethe post right there....I'm sure they're built with an auto destruct function set to go off after 3 months.

FFS

The printer only cost me ?40 FFS - if it breaks, I'LL BUY ANOTHER

Now F Off.

Argos are really bad for this also. I went in just before I went on holiday this year to pick up a cheap Hairdryer for Little Miss Floyd's hair.

The Hairdryer cost ?3.49 and the lassie behind the desk says to me, do you want to buy product replacement insurance for ?6.50 should it break within 3 years of purchase??

She looked shocked when I said, no it's alright, it's liable to get left in Ibiza after my holidays anyways and why would I buy insurance at almost double the cost of the item I'm buying??

:muggy:

She then muttered, ok suit yourself then.........

Mental!!!

People who say chillax, guestimate, opporchancity, methinks, take a chill pill, huffty buffty, holibags or count down days in sleeps.

Just **** off. You sound like a moron.

Guest C00l K1d

People who say chillax, guestimate, opporchancity, methinks, take a chill pill, huffty buffty, holibags or count down days in sleeps.

Chillax bro methinks you need to take a chill pill or go on your holibags and stop being a huffty buffty

Chillax bro methinks you need to take a chill pill or go on your holibags and stop being a huffty buffty

:rofl:

Incorrect usage of the phrase but kind of funny.

Some arseholes say it instead of Happy Birthday.

Horrendous.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

People that are too lazy to go to a checkout and pay for a weeks worth of shopping at the fag/lottery counter in supermarkets.

I'd like to stab them in the eyes

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

:rofl:

Incorrect usage of the phrase but kind of funny.

Some arseholes say it instead of Happy Birthday.

Horrendous.

Who on earth says huffty buffty instead of Happy Birthday.

Horrendous

"Sleep" appears in The Muppet Christmas Carol so back aff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDhG25fgbdo

Edited by Gorgiewave

Dicks at the gym who just try and draw attention to themselves.

I get it, your a roid-ed up arsehole with a small ******, and this is your way of overcompensating. But trying to lift weights far too heavy for you whilst your roaster of a pal screams "UP! UP!" and helps you with half the weight by pushing your arms up for you really isn't helping anything.

The place had about 6 people in it as well so they made sure that everyone could hear them. It's the same every ******* day.

:seething:

Also fat people who take up as much of the pavement as possible by walking straight down the ******* middle waddling side to side.

MOVE OUT THE ******* WAY!!!!

Also fat people who take up as much of the pavement as possible by walking straight down the ******* middle waddling side to side.

MOVE OUT THE ******* WAY!!!!

And folk who walk three or four abreast and block the pavement. Usually folk who walk s...l...o...w...l...y.

Printers have to be the most unreliable pieces of shit out there.

Our work printer goes down even ******* week.

The repair boy might as well be a full-time member of staff.

Ricardo Quaresma

And folk who walk three or four abreast and block the pavement. Usually folk who walk s...l...o...w...l...y.

This

:seething:

3 month prison sentences for anyone stopping their trolley in a supermarket aisle directly adjacent to someone else's trolley.

Mandatory refresher driving tests for drivers aged 70 and over. Tests would be based on the movie Speed in that a bomb would be attached to their car and should their speed drop below the legal limit for any road by 10mph the bomb would detonate.

Factors.

Absolute pricks, devious / sneaky shysters and legalised extortionists.

I absolutely detest paying them a penny. They are beyond useless, giving work to their preferred shady contractors and not being remotely interested when the work is done to a horribly bad standard.

Constantly coming up with new things that apparently need done so they can pass off work to their cronies and send us the bill.

Mandatory refresher driving tests for drivers aged 70 and over. Tests would be based on the movie Speed in that a bomb would be attached to their car and should their speed drop below the legal limit for any road by 10mph the bomb would detonate.

This this and even mare this.

Factors.

Absolute pricks, devious / sneaky shysters and legalised extortionists.

I absolutely detest paying them a penny. They are beyond useless, giving work to their preferred shady contractors and not being remotely interested when the work is done to a horribly bad standard.

Constantly coming up with new things that apparently need done so they can pass off work to their cronies and send us the bill.

It's a really criminalised institution over In Glasgow for sure.

However, the alternative is organising things with your neighbours which in itself is also a fecking tiresome bore.

Train this morning and the old burd behind me spend the entire journey shouting into her handsfree, also annoyingly she used her friends name at the start or end of every sentence, FFS does Marjory have the memory of a goldfish and need reminded of her own ******* name every 3 seconds?

Guest C00l K1d

I drove in glasgow for the first time yesterday.

Absolute ******* nightmare.

No one actually slows down when the speed drops to 60 then 50 either, felt like someone was going to skelp into the back of me until i got of the motorway.

And do folk in glasgow even have indicators? At every junction i came to i think i saw about 2 folk in total indicating

michael_bolton

People who take their kids to restaurants where adults are trying to enjoy themselves. Nobody wants to have a nice night out ruined by someone's screaming brat. Leave them at home. Having kids means making sacrifices. One of those sacrifices is a normal social life. You do not have the right to inflict your offspring on normal people trying to enjoy themselves.

Guest GhostHunter

I drove in glasgow for the first time yesterday.

Absolute ******* nightmare.

No one actually slows down when the speed drops to 60 then 50 either, felt like someone was going to skelp into the back of me until i got of the motorway.

And do folk in glasgow even have indicators? At every junction i came to i think i saw about 2 folk in total indicating

That was probably me desperately trying to escape....

How to look like a tourist aye....

Pensioners blowing up at traffic lights would be fairly interesting.

Guest C00l K1d

That was probably me desperately trying to escape....

How to look like a tourist aye....

:laugh:

I'm fairly certain if i had been followed by the police i would've had my license taken of me. It was almost like i was at that stage in my lessons where i could operate the car but didn't have a clue about how to drive on the road :laugh:

The drop in speed thing was something that annoyed me though, i am pretty careful about speeding since if i get 6 points thats my license gone.. but i don't think anyone around me was doing less than 70 in the 50mph section. Bit worrying

Guest GhostHunter

:laugh:

I'm fairly certain if i had been followed by the police i would've had my license taken of me. It was almost like i was at that stage in my lessons where i could operate the car but didn't have a clue about how to drive on the road :laugh:

The drop in speed thing was something that annoyed me though, i am pretty careful about speeding since if i get 6 points thats my license gone.. but i don't think anyone around me was doing less than 70 in the 50mph section. Bit worrying

They sometimes put mobile cameras pointing onto the motorway just after it goes from 60 to 50...been caught there before and now always do 50...

Cretins at work who are beyond shite at their jobs yet somehow manage to secure a stupidly good job elsewhere.

Useless boy at my work recently left to work for 'Morgans Stanley' (as he said ion his goodbye message!)

Guest GhostHunter

Useless boy at my work recently left to work for 'Morgans Stanley' (as he said ion his goodbye message!)

Actually now you mention - Goodbye Emails to *allatyourcompany

WTF is the point of them ?

Actually now you mention - Goodbye Emails to *allatyourcompany

WTF is the point of them ?

When I left my last job, last day consisted of making sure I had emails for all my suppliers and a handful of sound folk in the office, went for a fag at 2 mins to 11 after finding out my 'presentation/speech' was scheduled for 11. Then once I'd hit the required number of hours to leave I just got up, took my laptop to IT and then walked out the door without saying a word. Other than about 5 people nobody was invited to a leaving drinks either.

When I left my last job, last day consisted of making sure I had emails for all my suppliers and a handful of sound folk in the office, went for a fag at 2 mins to 11 after finding out my 'presentation/speech' was scheduled for 11. Then once I'd hit the required number of hours to leave I just got up, took my laptop to IT and then walked out the door without saying a word. Other than about 5 people nobody was invited to a leaving drinks either.

thats the way to do it, invite the people you actually like and get on with to any sort of leaving do

Cretins at work who are beyond shite at their jobs yet somehow manage to secure a stupidly good job elsewhere.

Of course no supervisor ever lies during the reference check. cough.

Fussy eaters really do my head in.

And recently I've been getting irritated by a sub-section of this infuriating, attention-seeking category of human being, namely folk who make a big ****ing deal about distinguishing between stuff that's essentially the same. Coke/Pepsi. Different brands of pizza. And my personal favourite (much more prevalent over here in the States, to be fair), 'dark meat' and 'white meat'.

It's a ****ing chicken. All of it tastes like ***ing chicken. Stop being a fussy ****, just ****ing eat it and get on with your ****ing life.

Parents booking train reservations in the quiet coach with extremely loud children.

I have no qualms whatsoever either asking them to leave the quiet coach myself or having the conductor removing them, especially if it is the 1st class quiet coach!

Fussy eaters really do my head in.

And recently I've been getting irritated by a sub-section of this infuriating, attention-seeking category of human being, namely folk who make a big ****ing deal about distinguishing between stuff that's essentially the same. Coke/Pepsi. Different brands of pizza. And my personal favourite (much more prevalent over here in the States, to be fair), 'dark meat' and 'white meat'.

It's a ****ing chicken. All of it tastes like ***ing chicken. Stop being a fussy ****, just ****ing eat it and get on with your ****ing life.

Havers. Pepsi is just fizzy piss.