The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I've only experienced it at the last lecture of a course, where the lecturer has been very good.

I'll be honest: I've joined in usually as well. :lol:

This was the first lecture of the module. The lecturer is a great laugh but I don't think he merited applause :lol:.

Hoping I've not got 12 weeks of this nonsense.

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

This was the first lecture of the module. The lecturer is a great laugh but I don't think he merited applause :lol:.

Hoping I've not got 12 weeks of this nonsense.

That really is bizarre behaviour. Do they know they won't get extra marks for sooking up?!

AJ is right. Sled dogs are ******* vicious. Did some sledding in northern Ontario and they are wild. Should have seen how they tore apart the meat we gave them. huskies in cities (like my neighbor has) , **** off.

I do it on the train on the way to work, after a couple of days of doing it I'm guaranteed to get no one sitting next to me which means I don't need to move my bag off the seat.

:verysmug:

:lol:

That's brilliant.

Never had the balls to do that but would love to see it.

When I get off the train at night at Queen''s Park I often like to thank the driver.

Snake Plissken

Was in a lecture earlier on and folk started clapping when it was finished :vrface:.

Seriously, what's that all about? I'm in fourth year and never heard that before.

Years ago I stayed in uni flats over the summer instead of going home and often got shoved in there with people I didn't know and sometimes never saw. I never saw whoever was in the room next to me but on the last night before I moved out I heard them :muggy:

After about a hour of it, they seemed to finish so I stood next to the thin walls and applauded loudly, you could hear a rat pish on cotton after that. Slept soundly thereafter.

Edited by Snake Plissken

AJ is right. Sled dogs are ******* vicious. Did some sledding in northern Ontario and they are wild. Should have seen how they tore apart the meat we gave them. huskies in cities (like my neighbor has) , **** off.

That's too bad Hank ... extra stress with your two wee ones around.

Was in a lecture earlier on and folk started clapping when it was finished :vrface:.

Seriously, what's that all about? I'm in fourth year and never heard that before.

I quite like a round of applause after I've delivered a lecture.

Ingrate.

People who make facebook profiles for their pets can **** off as well.

Dicks.

KhanDug is my dugs facebook page, people like to take their photos with him and friend him so I don't have to give them my page to get the photos.

KhanDug is my dugs facebook page, people like to take their photos with him and friend him so I don't have to give them my page to get the photos.

People like to "befriend" your dog on facebook and have photos taken with him?

Is he famous?

Folk on budget airlines who think they are above using that flight provider and get annoyed by the lack of proper queueing or massive rush to get on the plane. You knew what the situation would be when you booked the flights and you have a seat reserved anyway

Folk on budget airlines who think they are above using that flight provider and get annoyed by the lack of proper queueing or massive rush to get on the plane. You knew what the situation would be when you booked the flights and you have a seat reserved anyway

:spoton:

People who make facebook profiles for their pets can **** off as well.

Dicks.

A girl I know recently made a linkedin account for her cat. Pathetic.

Right on the money, that one.

I'd add folk who rush to the front of the queue, only to find that there's a bus taking them out to the plane. And all of a sudden they're at the back of the queue again. :tiny:

I'd add folk who rush to the front of the queue, only to find that there's a bus taking them out to the plane. And all of a sudden they're at the back of the queue again. :tiny:

That's not seethe that's :smuggy:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

The sudden huge amounts of American spellings creeping in everywhere. In the last few days I've seen behavior, favorite, center, defense, offense & probably some others I've forgotten.

Rage-inducing.

Ricardo Quaresma

The sudden huge amounts of American spellings creeping in everywhere. In the last few days I've seen behavior, favorite, center, defense, offense & probably some others I've forgotten.

Rage-inducing.

Yes, that is pretty bad; it's like some people have given in & 'gone with the flow'

Some computer languages / scripting languages have american spelling in their commands, so they won't work in english, ie 'color', for instance

The way to end a verb has become a blur to most also, like polarize (or polarise) & it seems brits are now using the 's' if unsure, even though some english words do use the 'z'

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Rage-inducing.

'Sulfur'.

:muggy:

Edited by neave

People running to the gate to board as soon as it is announced only to stand and wait 25 minutes.

Budget airline's rules and enforcement of said rules are controversial at times but they are well known and there is no excuse for falling foul of them. Everyone knows you can't buy a bag full of duty-free goodies and carry them on board as extra hand luggage so don't buy anything you can't fit in your existing bag or pockets. Your bag needs to fit in the basket. Do not bring a bag that is too big and there will be no problems.

I prefer to fly with real airlines anyway. Better service and improved standard of passenger. Much worth the (often small) extra cost.

I prefer to fly with real airlines anyway. Better service and improved standard of passenger. Much worth the (often small) extra cost.

This

I'm never touching Ryanair, Jetstar or Easyjet again for any reason.

Just pay the marginal extra costs and get a proper flight with a proper airline and things will be fine.

Low cost airlines are fine until there's a problem and then they don't want to know you and they couldn't give two shits about the mess they've left you in.

BoJack Horseman

Speaking of airlines. Folk that stand when the seat belt light is on. And those that can't wait to get out of their seat when you land, and stand half crouched til the doors open. We're all getting off at the same time, chill out.

Yes, that is pretty bad; it's like some people have given in & 'gone with the flow'

Some computer languages / scripting languages have american spelling in their commands, so they won't work in english, ie 'color', for instance

The way to end a verb has become a blur to most also, like polarize (or polarise) & it seems brits are now using the 's' if unsure, even though some english words do use the 'z'

Aye, but is that a Zee or a Zed...

:bucktooth:

'Sulfur'.

i think that might now be the official spelling of sulphur. I had dealings of american spelings as when i wrote a couple of research papers for american based journals, i hated having to spell things using americanisms.

:angry:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Aye, but is that a Zee or a Zed...

:bucktooth:

Aw christ that too! Gary Barlow on X Factor the other night said something about "A to Zee". I was fuming.

(I wasn't watching it, my mrs was & I happened to be in the room.)

i think that might now be the official spelling of sulphur. I had dealings of american spelings as when i wrote a couple of research papers for american based journals, i hated having to spell things using americanisms.

Yeah, I heard it was the official spelling now too. If I were in your shoes I'd hace

Yeah, I heard it was the official spelling now too. If I were in your shoes I'd have probably written 'sulphur' every time, just to be spiteful.

Yeah, I heard it was the official spelling now too. If I were in your shoes I'd have probably written 'sulphur' every time, just to be spiteful.

if i had done that it would not have passed peer review

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I would have insisted on writing the date the right way round too.

Yuou're right on that one - there was even an international conference where things like that were thrashed out - UK and others saved aluminium from becoming aluminum!

It's probably already been said....maybe even I said it......but see folk who don't acknowledge being let out at a junction or when there are parked cars.......

20 minute journey today. 6 of these incidents. One person acknowledged me. If I ran this country this video below highlights exactly what would be acceptable and legal conduct for me to take if this happens again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6axbeXGq1s

Sat in the barbers and there about five folk waiting in front of me. The barber comes up and asks who's next and the boy who has just walked in stands up.

GTF ya welt.

This

I'm never touching Ryanair, Jetstar or Easyjet again for any reason.

Just pay the marginal extra costs and get a proper flight with a proper airline and things will be fine.

Low cost airlines are fine until there's a problem and then they don't want to know you and they couldn't give two shits about the mess they've left you in.

Saga Holidays Raver Crew?

Sat in the barbers and there about five folk waiting in front of me. The barber comes up and asks who's next and the boy who has just walked in stands up.

GTF ya welt.

Hope you got him telt !

Guest GhostHunter

Some alarm has been going off in Dundee since 5.

That's the Daybreak alarm.

Nothing to worry about unless you're a Dundonian Night Dweller. (which is 99% of them)

Some alarm has been going off in Dundee since 5.

You don't happen to live up near Arklay Street or Dundonald Street do you? Every morning 6 days a week for a year, some stupid wee alarm over that way done my box in.

I now live in the city centre and the atm across the road beeps 24/7. Not just one beep occasionally, I mean a constant stream of it all the ******* time.

:seethe:

Very much this, f****** cheap shot imo and I shall say no more to spoil it for people. Good film though.

On the subject of planes and it may have already been said, people who clap after the plane has landed can gtf

Edited by theo1874

Dont get the seethe with the budget airlines. I just sit reading or listening to my music and be last on so i'm not standing in a queue for 20 minutes and when i get to the plane, pretty much everybody has stopped fannying around on board trying to get their luggage all over the place and bumping into people and is seated.

You don't happen to live up near Arklay Street or Dundonald Street do you? Every morning 6 days a week for a year, some stupid wee alarm over that way done my box in.

I now live in the city centre and the atm across the road beeps 24/7. Not just one beep occasionally, I mean a constant stream of it all the ******* time.

:seethe:

Perth road representin.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Very much this, f****** cheap shot imo and I shall say no more to spoil it for people. Good film though.

Is the ending different from in the book?