The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

It is incredible.

Sometimes I can appreciate that someone might be in the wrong lane (for whatever reason that might be), but if that's the case then they should remain in the lane they are in and only change if they are 100% certain it is safe to do so. Otherwise they should just continue in the incorrect lane. It might add a few extra minutes onto their journey time but it's better to be safe than sorry. But instead many people just seem to panic and just swerve over.

Arseholes.

Thing is, in this example, I'm talking folk that are in the right lane as they go onto the roundabout but just can't seem to stick to it while driving round the roundabout. They veer way into the lane for turning right and then go back to their own lane as they exit the roundabout straight on.

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, but it's not always as straight forward as your diagram.

A number of smaller roundabouts have three lane approaches and if the drivers are not familiar with the road markings they could make a genuine error.

Having said that, most drivers are lazy and or selfish so who knows?

I would agree with that in some ways.

I've always believed signs or road markings should be placed much earlier prior to approaching a roundabout, because like you say, if you are strange to the area and they make the inside lane left turn only,what happens is people get caught out and end up pissing off a big line of traffic because you signal to move across to the right lane( albeit safely, slowly and with consideration ....and before exiting roundabout)

However, what happens at the roundabout I spoke of earlier isn't down to unfortunate strangers. Once you're in lane you know what you should do even if you want into another lane.

It's just inconsiderate, ignorant bar stewards who should accept they are wrong and go around again.

Edited by Debut 4

Yeah, it was dark and I never got his plate. A new exhaust and wheel for me.

I know this is no good to you now mate, but I would recommend investing in a dashboard camera.

I've had mine since the day I bought my car (new driver in February) and I love the damn thing, I would never drive without one now.  It just gives you that extra safety net for if anything like that happens again :thumbsup:

I bought a Garmin one for about ?120, but it would more than pay for itself if anything was to happen on the road :)

I would agree with that in some ways.

I've always believed signs or road markings should be placed much earlier prior to approaching a roundabout, because like you say, if you are strange to the area and they make the inside lane left turn only,what happens is people get caught out and end up pissing off a big line of traffic because you signal to move across to the right lane( albeit safely, slowly and with consideration ....and before exiting roundabout)

However, what happens at the roundabout I spoke of earlier isn't down to unfortunate strangers. Once you're in lane you know what you should do even if you want into another lane.

It's just inconsiderate, ignorant bar stewards who should accept they are wrong and go around again.

This is a pet peeve for me as well.

If I find myself in the wrong lane for something like this, I accept I've made an arse of it, and take the wrong turn off and will sort it out later, rather than potentially causing an accident trying to merge into a lane of traffic that isn't expecting it.

99% of drivers are dickheads.

Edited by tian447

luckyBatistuta

I know this is no good to you now mate, but I would recommend investing in a dashboard camera.

I've had mine since the day I bought my car (new driver in February) and I love the damn thing, I would never drive without one now.  It just gives you that extra safety net for if anything like that happens again :thumbsup:

I bought a Garmin one for about ?120, but it would more than pay for itself if anything was to happen on the road :)

I bought the NextBase one and I'm glad I did. Some erse smashed into me causing ?11,500 worth of damage to my vehicle. He even managed to climb out of his destroyed vehicle and run off, but little did he know that I had video evidence.

They're trying to do you a favour.

It's like when you go for a meal with a group and someone does their best for you to sit next to your wife. Just **** off, I have to sit next to her every night. I ******* woke up next to her ffs! I'm not going to die if I'm not near her for an hour or two.

You should be single, you're wife deserves much better.

You should be single, you're wife deserves much better.

Maybe she's just lucky she has a husband with a sense of humour

luckyBatistuta

LB - that must have been some crash to cause ?11.5K of damage! Take it you weren't hurt?

It was mate, my vehicle was brand spanking new as well. Ended up in hospital and still not right.

Walter Payton

It was mate, my vehicle was brand spanking new as well. Ended up in hospital and still not right.

To be honest mate, you'd have probably been better off taking it to a garage.

Prick at Sherrifhall yesterday. Driving along the bypass, going straight on at the roundabout. This stupid ******* chooses the outside Lane and cuts right across me at the exit, totally oblivious. I had to brake and swerve and if there had been anyone inside me then I'd have hit them. Naturally I beeped the **** out of my horn and the arsehole just carried on, staring straight ahead. No acknowledgement, no apology.

Probably had big blinkers on, just get to work in quickest time mode, other drivers, dont care.

If it's two lanes going onto two lanes at the straight-on or right hand exit on a roundabout then why not use the right hand lane *as long as you keep right when exiting* ie use the right hand lane of the road you're joining. That way traffic can turn a simple left onto the road you're joining too - ie both lanes being used, speeds up everyone's journey.

BTW if you seethe at drivers using roundabouts in Edinburgh I strongly suggest you never - ever - drive in Inverness....

BTW if you seethe at drivers using roundabouts in Edinburgh I strongly suggest you never - ever - drive in Inverness....

Or Elgin.

luckyBatistuta

To be honest mate, you'd have probably been better off taking it to a garage.

:omg_2: Not happy I laughed at this

If it's two lanes going onto two lanes at the straight-on or right hand exit on a roundabout then why not use the right hand lane *as long as you keep right when exiting* ie use the right hand lane of the road you're joining. That way traffic can turn a simple left onto the road you're joining too - ie both lanes being used, speeds up everyone's journey.

This. Shore Street roundabout, a cluster ****, it's an embarrassment that people can't use them properly :seething:

Glasgow Jambo - agreed and there are the ones that as soon as they have rung the bell start banging on your door as if they were attempting to break-in!

Glasgow Jambo - agreed and there are the ones that as soon as they have rung the bell start banging on your door as if they were attempting to break-in!

Better than the Royal Mail who sneak the card through as quietly as possible so you have to go and collect your package.

So annoying. I bet the welt just drove on regardless.

Happened to me a few years ago at the Hermiston Gate roundabout. Prick cut straight across and banged into me.

Insurance went haffers because the companies stated it was notoriously difficult to attribute blame on roundabouts.

That is bollox for a start. It was the arseholes fault and I regret not calling the police at the time.

Prick banged into me :wow:

Rudolf's Mate

The Bermuda sock triangle! Replenished my sock drawer just before summer and the ****ing things vanish! I'm sure she throws them out!

Matthew Le Tissier

The bursd putting on a film then completely ignoring it. Then to make things worse asks me what's happening and moans that i ruin the plot :seething:

Come in from work to find my 6 yr old daughter is now a h1b5 fan. Apparently that rancid little club has been going round the schools showing the kids the cup (aye, they won the Scottish cup, but they've kept it quiet) She's sitting next to me with a green fecking wrist band with 'Hibernian' on it.

Livid.

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

Come in from work to find my 6 yr old daughter is now a h1b5 fan. Apparently that rancid little club has been going round the schools showing the kids the cup (aye, they won the Scottish cup, but they've kept it quiet) She's sitting next to me with a green fecking wrist band with 'Hibernian' on it.

Livid.

Chop the wristband up. In front of her.

I've asked her to remove it but she point blank refuses. As stubborn as her ****ing mother!!!

All that time & effort, wasted.

She watched the 10-0 FFS!!

I've told the Mrs we're having another kid, this ones broke.

Livid.

and you haven't thrown her out the house yet?

Madvlad, you not the guy with the neighbours always on the take? Why don't you forgive their debts if they take the child off your hands?

chester copperpot

I've asked her to remove it but she point blank refuses. As stubborn as her ******* mother!!!

All that time & effort, wasted.

She watched the 10-0 FFS!!

I've told the Mrs we're having another kid, this ones broke.

She's 6, remove it for her. She needs taught a lesson here that some behaviours are unacceptable and this is one of them.

I told my son from a very early age that if he ever wore a football top other than Hearts/Liverpool/Scotland then he would endure my wrath!

Livid.

She doesn't go to Pirniehall by any chance does she? My wee lad came home with the same :raging:

She doesn't go to Pirniehall by any chance does she? My wee lad came home with the same :raging:

No mate, not far though.

I'm on the Hearts website looking for Teddies [emoji38]

Livid.

:what::muggy:

No mate, not far though.

So basically the ***** are going all over the place trying to corrupt the young? :seething:

Thankfully my wee lad still shows little to no interest in football (he's still only five and couldn't give a shit if it's not Paw Patrol or Peppa Pig) so they were unable to infect him. He hasn't given the band or leaflet a second glance so it's found it's way into the bin :D

Livid.

:nojustno:

People that bang your letter box when u have a perfectly working doorbell.

Whats that about.

SEETH.

Whats that about.

SEETH.

I'd always ring a bell first but if I can't hear the ring then I'd tap the door. Top many people have doorbells that don't work!

I'd always ring a bell first but if I can't hear the ring then I'd tap the door. Top many people have doorbells that don't work!

This is true, but mine certainly works, suppose they are worried that it wont work.

Hence the heavy knock on the letterbox.

Whats that about.

SEETH.

British gas stopped pressing doorbells when they blew the Levi family into the next street.Up near Fairmilehead about 1980 if I recall correctly. Bingbongboom.

British gas stopped pressing doorbells when they blew the Levi family into the next street.Up near Fairmilehead about 1980 if I recall correctly. Bingbongboom.

Was that Riselaw Crescent?

Edit: checked and it was. I heard that explosion when playing footie in a park a mile away, and now know the family who live in the rebuilt property.

Edited by Nookie Bear

Samuel Camazzola

Was that Riselaw Crescent?

Edit: checked and it was. I heard that explosion when playing footie in a park a mile away, and now know the family who live in the rebuilt property.

Footie?

Rudolf's Mate

No mate, not far though.

Just get a Hearts one and switch it when she's asleep. When she wakes up simply tell her that it must have been a magic one that can tell what team the wearer really supports [emoji1303]

She's coming to the game with me on Sat. We better bloody win or Hearts will lose a fan!!

luckyBatistuta

She's coming to the game with me on Sat. We better bloody win or Hearts will lose a fan!!

So does that mean your going to the darkside too if we lose :wink: