The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Harry Potter

There was a guy at my gym yesterday, whistling out loud for about 25 minutes.

I had headphones in and was listening to heavy metal / goregrind style music on about 75% volume.

I could still hear the prick.

Arsehole.

Used to work beside a serial whistler, was very strange.

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lolz

My kids are spoilt rotten and there's a treat and biscuit jar. They get treats on a daily basis however common sense is applied.

Her dad attempts his hardest to get a reaction from his daughter by going against her or both our wishes constantly. It's generally not an issue or rather we let it slide because it's not exactly anything major however he's got worse as he's got older.

The last straw which resulted in us saying enough was when we went away on holiday and we caught a shuttle bus in the complex. He jumped on the first available with my son and left us all at the main hotel. He was sat next to my son and unclipped his seat belt telling him he didn't have to do everything his parents said. The driver had to brake quickly and my son banged his head off the metal handrail in front of him.

A couple of weeks later the dick called my mobile by mistake and left a 3 min voicemail which was him having a conversation with her brother. He completely laid into his daughters parenting skills and told the story about my son banging his head but said it was her who unclipped the belt!

That's just a tip of the iceberg with him and some of the trouble he's caused.

With parents/grandparents like him who needs enemies! At least you got the disgusting part right.

Have slight empathy here

My father in law goes against majority of what we say, eh what not to give our 5 year old, but the scale on which is maybe 2/3% of what you described.

Yikes, feel for you dealing with that

Lolz

My kids are spoilt rotten and there's a treat and biscuit jar. They get treats on a daily basis however common sense is applied.

Her dad attempts his hardest to get a reaction from his daughter by going against her or both our wishes constantly. It's generally not an issue or rather we let it slide because it's not exactly anything major however he's got worse as he's got older.

The last straw which resulted in us saying enough was when we went away on holiday and we caught a shuttle bus in the complex. He jumped on the first available with my son and left us all at the main hotel. He was sat next to my son and unclipped his seat belt telling him he didn't have to do everything his parents said. The driver had to brake quickly and my son banged his head off the metal handrail in front of him.

A couple of weeks later the dick called my mobile by mistake and left a 3 min voicemail which was him having a conversation with her brother. He completely laid into his daughters parenting skills and told the story about my son banging his head but said it was her who unclipped the belt!

That's just a tip of the iceberg with him and some of the trouble he's caused.

With parents/grandparents like him who needs enemies! At least you got the disgusting part right.

I would have went absolutely ape-shit at him!

Rudolf's Mate

I would have went absolutely ape-shit at him!

The Mrs did tbf but this genuinely is just a tip of the iceberg with him.

Her brother went to his wife's one Christmas and they weren't happy so they pulled the phone out the wall Christmas Day and the day he was due back they ****ed off for a week so not to see him. In addition to that they put all their presents in a cupboard and gave them to them the following year!

Complete weirdos!

Her brother went to his wife's one Christmas and they weren't happy so they pulled the phone out the wall Christmas Day and the day he was due back they ****ed off for a week so not to see him. In addition to that they put all their presents in a cupboard and gave them to them the following year!

Complete weirdos!

They sound an absolute nightmare

Complete weirdos!

I would seriously consider saying to him that he would not see his grandkids again until he changed his behaviour

I would seriously consider saying to him that he would not see his grandkids again until he changed his behaviour

Pretty much what I was thinking.

Rudolf's Mate

I'd have done it years ago bud however the Mrs wouldn't go for that. She now goes round there on her own most of the time.

He's just been put in place 10 mins ago as she told him we were getting the kids new tablets for Christmas and he's gone out and bought them! It might seem a really nice gesture to some however whenever we buy the kids something he gets the same but generally more expensive/better! I keep telling the Mrs not to tell them what we're getting [emoji85]

People who watched Still Game just so they could slag it.

It still had a few laughs in it.

What did they expect?

After 9 years anticipation, 2 years since the live show, full backing of the BBC behind them, and all the hype and publicity it was gifted, I'd personally expected more than "Ya *****!", co.ck jokes, and about 10 minutes of a pensioner getting stuck in a bath.

Maybe I just have much higher standards and expectations than some when it comes to comedy though.

Edited by peter_hmfc

People who watched Still Game just so they could slag it.

It still had a few laughs in it.

What did they expect?

Like a lot of things these days mate, too much hysteria and build up.

That's social media for you.

I've just had to put the heating on. Ffs it's not even November!

Yup getting to that time of year where I need to start putting decent money into the heating again instead of the token tenner every now and again :sob:

Yup getting to that time of year where I need to start putting decent money into the heating again instead of the token tenner every now and again :sob:

That's mine fixed until April. The thermostat will be at 22 by day and 19 overnight.

19' overnight? You must wake up feeling horrible?

I had Hive installed a couple of months back so hoping to make full use of it.

19' overnight? You must wake up feeling horrible?

I had Hive installed a couple of months back so hoping to make full use of it.

Naw, it's sound. I refuse to be cold in my own home and it's not expensive either.

Edit: it should be noted that my heatings not been on since April and until now I've not been able to get the place below 23 (late 20's for most of the summer!)

Edited by IronJambo

Konrad von Carstein

Only ever "boost" the heating which is one hour, modern flat it gets roasting very quickly and hold the heat for ages.

Only ever "boost" the heating which is one hour, modern flat it gets roasting very quickly and hold the heat for ages.

That's why I keep mine on the thermostat. That way the boiler just comes on for a few minutes every couple of hours and the flat is toasty all day. Beats the arse off boiling for two hours and then hoping it stays warm. Probably use the same amount of gas as well.

Unknown user

Naw, it's sound. I refuse to be cold in my own home and it's not expensive either.

Edit: it should be noted that my heatings not been on since April and until now I've not been able to get the place below 23 (late 20's for most of the summer!)

I'm the same, we have central heating for a reason, we're not apes

Fair enough, I struggle if it's too warm I prefer it

Colder through the night.

Food (usually meat) that's vacuum-packed with hard plastic.

Takes about 10 minutes to actually prise open the ****ing packaging. And usually ends up with me jabbing my hand with a sharp piece of the plastic.

****** off.

:seething: 

Food (usually meat) that's vacuum-packed with hard plastic.

Takes about 10 minutes to actually prise open the ******* packaging. And usually ends up with me jabbing my hand with a sharp piece of the plastic.

****** off.

:seething:

This! It never peels off!

Train to work was cancelled. Except i seen it go by, they just cut out my stop along with others.

Can't sleep for the first hour and a half of my shift now. Proper grumpy.

Train to work was cancelled. Except i seen it go by, they just cut out my stop along with others.

Can't sleep for the first hour and a half of my shift now. Proper grumpy.

They always do this on my route. When it's running late they make it a fast train and it just flies by my stop. Or I have to get off a stop before mine and wait on the next one. Ggggrrrrrrr!

To guarantee airline seats next to friends and family you must pre-book...at a cost, why?

They're trying to do you a favour.

It's like when you go for a meal with a group and someone does their best for you to sit next to your wife. Just **** off, I have to sit next to her every night. I ****ing woke up next to her ffs! I'm not going to die if I'm not near her for an hour or two.

At Bruntsfield today I was parked with another space available between me and another car. This Audi Q7 comes along and I reverse a bit to make parking easier for it's driver. The stupid mare just leaves it where she stopped i.e. about a foot into my space! Fortunately for her I was only going to be there another minute or two or she would have got a right earful. Hopefully a warden might have got her for parking outwith the designated space.

Edinburgh Council.

Absolutely ****ing useless, in particular their council tax department.

They've somehow set up three Direct Debits on my account for council tax, which resulted in two of them failing due to lack of funds. My bank have subsequently charged me for the two failed Direct Debits.

Try to call Edinburgh Council to sort out all the issues as none of the (clearly automated) letters they have sent me previously make any sense and all I get through to is an automated help line.

Utterly useless man.

At Bruntsfield today I was parked with another space available between me and another car. This Audi Q7 comes along and I reverse a bit to make parking easier for it's driver. The stupid mare just leaves it where she stopped i.e. about a foot into my space! Fortunately for her I was only going to be there another minute or two or she would have got a right earful. Hopefully a warden might have got her for parking outwith the designated space.

Near the Bruntsfield Hotel Stuart?

Prick at Sherrifhall yesterday. Driving along the bypass, going straight on at the roundabout. This stupid ******* chooses the outside Lane and cuts right across me at the exit, totally oblivious. I had to brake and swerve and if there had been anyone inside me then I'd have hit them. Naturally I beeped the **** out of my horn and the arsehole just carried on, staring straight ahead. No acknowledgement, no apology.

Edited by Sooperstar

William H. Bonney

Prick at Sherrifhall yesterday. Driving along the bypass, going straight on at the roundabout. This stupid ******* chooses the outside Lane and cuts right across me at the exit, totally oblivious. I had to brake and swerve and if there had been anyone inside me then I'd have hit them. Naturally I beeped the **** out of my horn and the arsehole just carried on, staring straight ahead. No acknowledgement, no apology.

Probably the same ***** who cut me off on Calder road last week. Approaching the roundabout in the outside lane and this **** in the inside lane turns right, causing me to lose control of my car and smash into the roundabout.

So annoying. I bet the welt just drove on regardless.

Happened to me a few years ago at the Hermiston Gate roundabout. Prick cut straight across and banged into me.

Insurance went haffers because the companies stated it was notoriously difficult to attribute blame on roundabouts.

That is bollox for a start. It was the arseholes fault and I regret not calling the police at the time.

I've mentioned it before in this thread but it astounds me how people can't stick to their Lane at roundabouts. It's usually someone in the first or second lane who is going straight on and while going round the roundabout ends up cutting right across into the lane for turning right. Arseholes.

I can't understand how people come to a roundabout which has 2 lanes, 2 exits (left and straight on) and they have their right indicator on for straight on. Or use the left lane for straight on. Road rage every day coming home via Rosewell to Mayfield along distributor Road in Bonnyrigg.

I've mentioned it before in this thread but it astounds me how people can't stick to their Lane at roundabouts. It's usually someone in the first or second lane who is going straight on and while going round the roundabout ends up cutting right across into the lane for turning right. Arseholes.

It is incredible.

Sometimes I can appreciate that someone might be in the wrong lane (for whatever reason that might be), but if that's the case then they should remain in the lane they are in and only change if they are 100% certain it is safe to do so. Otherwise they should just continue in the incorrect lane. It might add a few extra minutes onto their journey time but it's better to be safe than sorry. But instead many people just seem to panic and just swerve over.

Arseholes.

Same thing, same place yesterday as well. Prick would've driven right into the side of me if I hadn't noticed what he was up to. If the wife and bairn hadn't been in the car he would've been getting chased down the bypass - I get road ragey a lot easier nowadays!

William H. Bonney

So annoying. I bet the welt just drove on regardless.

Happened to me a few years ago at the Hermiston Gate roundabout. Prick cut straight across and banged into me.

Insurance went haffers because the companies stated it was notoriously difficult to attribute blame on roundabouts.

That is bollox for a start. It was the arseholes fault and I regret not calling the police at the time.

Yeah, it was dark and I never got his plate. A new exhaust and wheel for me.

You'll know the roundabout on Calder Road at the top of Broomhouse Road past Sighithill pitches Soops.

The amount of C U Next Tuesday's that use the outside lane to go straight over into Sighthill is staggering. And the bams think they are right.

I had a complete arsehole glare at me as I was in the inside lane and going over into Sighthill but she wanted to cut across from the outside. She got both barrels after I let her have her wee shake of the head.

As far as I got taught, unless otherwise indicated, the inside lane is for straight ahead or left and the outside for turning right. Too many dickheads drive for years and start making their own rules up.

It is not rocket science...

Yeah, but it's not always as straight forward as your diagram.

A number of smaller roundabouts have three lane approaches and if the drivers are not familiar with the road markings they could make a genuine error.

Having said that, most drivers are lazy and or selfish so who knows?

You'll know the roundabout on Calder Road at the top of Broomhouse Road past Sighithill pitches Soops.

The amount of C U Next Tuesday's that use the outside lane to go straight over into Sighthill is staggering. And the bams think they are right.

I had a complete arsehole glare at me as I was in the inside lane and going over into Sighthill but she wanted to cut across from the outside. She got both barrels after I let her have her wee shake of the head.

As far as I got taught, unless otherwise indicated, the inside lane is for straight ahead or left and the outside for turning right. Too many dickheads drive for years and start making their own rules up.

Aye, I've had to come to a complete stop on that roundabout before to avoid going into someone doing exactly that.