Gowzer stays / Templeton close to leaving (Merged Threads)

Johanes de Silentio

The Huns have been wrecking football up here for years with derisory offers for players, unsettling players before big games and ruining a fleet of young talent other clubs took the time to develop.

That they still have the opportunity to do so in the 3rd Division is disgusting.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cardiac Rucksack

Rangers media claiming both McGowan and temps will head to te training ground straight from the team bus. Have we accepted a bid?

Career suicide.

No Europe for 3 years.

No international football.

Kiss goodbye to a move to England.

Their quality will go back the way.

Would be sheer stupidity.

Rangers media claiming both McGowan and temps will head to te training ground straight from the team bus. Have we accepted a bid?

Is that the message board? If so then it's probably bull shit.

4.46pm: Hearts are due back in Edinburgh within the hour - could there be more transfer movement from 6.00pm at Tynecastle?

4.56pm: News from Glasgow is that Rangers have not given up the chase for Hearts duo Ryan McGowan and David Templeton,

Ive a feeling Temps will be away.

4.46pm: Hearts are due back in Edinburgh within the hour - could there be more transfer movement from 6.00pm at Tynecastle?

4.56pm: News from Glasgow is that Rangers have not given up the chase for Hearts duo Ryan McGowan and David Templeton,

Ive a feeling Temps will be away.

"News from Glasgow is that Rangers have been told to **** off but have not given up the hope that they can unsettle the players enough to make their derisory bid look more acceptable..."

it tells us more about the state of Hearts when our need to pay a tax bill brought about by loan deals via Kaunus to Hearts overshadows our desire to retain players.

It tells me more that the team who didnae pay their tax bills can now afford to take our top players!!!!

Regular John

So Temps our most overrated and perhaps inconsistent player and McGowan, who we have a capable young replacement for are off to the hun for cash.

If so good for them and I don't think they'll be missed that much. The futures still very bright.

"News from Glasgow is that Rangers have been told to **** off but have not given up the hope that they can unsettle the players enough to make their derisory bid look more acceptable..."

I hope your right. . .

Twitter reporting 1.2 accepted for Temps no mention of a deal for Gowser.

if we can keep McGowan and get 1.2m for Templeton i'd suggest thats good business for the club. no one else knocking down the door with more money, only a year on his contract and head seemingly turned its not as bad as it could be. mcgowan is the more valuable player in my opinion. both in terms of what he gives the team and what the english leagues will pay for him in time to come.

All this has easily taken the shine of a great night last night. Having played so well over the two legs we have done a service to Scottish football. But whilst we are still in the spot light a little we could end up losing our two best players for derisory money to a club in third division. And thus making Scottish football an embarrassment once again.

if we can keep McGowan and get 1.2m for Templeton i'd suggest thats good business for the club. no one else knocking down the door with more money, only a year on his contract and head seemingly turned its not as bad as it could be. mcgowan is the more valuable player in my opinion. both in terms of what he gives the team and what the english leagues will pay for him in time to come.

I agree

The reality is that we would be crazy to snub that kind of cash for a final year of contract player.

Equally crazy for the player to ruin his career by doing

so.

Rangers will actually relish the thought of people being saddened and disgusted by such a move. If they really go through with this then they will certainly enjoy that added bonus.

Clerry Jambo

The reality is that we would be crazy to snub that kind of cash for a final year of contract player.

Equally crazy for the player to ruin his career by doing

so.

Rangers will actually relish the thought of people being saddened and disgusted by such a move. If they really go through with this then they will certainly enjoy that added bonus.

In a proverbial nutshell Larry

Charles Green just driven in to meet Ally re targets and expects 2 or 3 more .... states there are a few things on the go ..... and if you believe twitter fee agreed with Hearts re Temps

?2.5m joint bid from Huddersfield for Mackay-Steven and Russell at United.

This alone should make us tell the The Huns where to shove their offers.

Independence

It ain't going to happen according to this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19431326

This would be fantastic as I detest sevco more than any team in the WORLD, Including Hibs.

Please Mr Romanov make them sweat and knock em back.

However, I have a terrible feeling that secco will come back with more money!

maroonlegions

Until there is a cure for the disease called "sevco" then this will happen to Scottish football ,"sevco" are the cancer ,even in the black hole of the 3rd division they are still managing to do mining farts that hang about like a bad smell in the spl.verymad.gif

Tommy Wiseau

Larry is right. It is utterly ridiculous we are even in this position, where these cheating ****s can put in big bids for our players, but it is not utterly ridiculous that we would have to accept such a bid given our finances.

I will be seething if he goes there, but not at Hearts, at The Rangers. It is beyond a joke that they are throwing money about like this on players. I would also think Templeton is a complete dafty if he accepts terms off them to take money over his career.

I would be more seething at Hearts accepting any offer from the huns rather than the huns for putting an offer in.

Do sevco have any players we could take from them plus ?1.2m for Temps?Hope Gowser tells them to GTF.

Could you imagine the rage if Rangers gave us a youngster on a season loan...??!!??

:what:

Hearts want 1.3m for both players

That's ridiculous should be looking for 2m for the pair of them

I'd tell them to bolt after the pish with Wallace

2 mill for Gowser at least and 1.5 for Temps any less and rankers should get told to fudge off verymad.gif

oh yeah stump up Wallace money before anything is considered.

Hearts should complain to UEFA (feck the GFA) Does anyone know what happened with Rapide Vienna's complaint over the Jelavich transfer?

Correct lads. Hearts can't really be blamed here if we get good money. The player must search his own soul over this. There's no point saying the same about the Huns as they are well beyond contempt. Whoever trumped up the idea if a delayed transfer embargo should be another person to take the flak.

Fermit the Krog

Charles Green just driven in to meet Ally re targets and expects 2 or 3 more .... states there are a few things on the go ..... and if you believe twitter fee agreed with Hearts re Temps

I think it's all spin and bullshit.

I don't think they'll pay a single penny for anyone.

If they seriously wanted a full back from an SPL club surely they would have offered Clubfoot in part exchange instead of letting him leave for free.

I wouldn't be surprised if some how rangers withdraw bids...

If they seriously wanted a full back from an SPL club surely they would have offered Clubfoot in part exchange instead of letting him leave for free.

I think the mcgown thing is to make the move easier for temps (plus he's a great prospect)

If they get those two players, they will have a great chance of winning a cup, which is what they are aiming for; as big a GIRFUY to Scottish football as they can achieve.

They have been helped by receiving a transfer ban which doesn't take effect until they have signed all the players they need.

Amazing.

Fermit the Krog

I wouldn't be surprised if some how rangers withdraw bids...

'we tried our best' 'we offered a fair price' 'we ran out of time'

If they get those two players, they will have a great chance of winning a cup.

What they are aiming for is as big a GIRFUY to Scottish football as they can achieve.

They have been helped by receiving a transfer ban which doesn't take effect until they have signed all the players they need.

Amazing.

Correct, the transfer ban is pathetic.

There will be no ?1.2milion fee from newco re Temps

If we get near ?750,000 it will be accepted..... the value we place on our players with only a year to go on contracts is just unrealistic .... had they 2 years to run then perhaps but with one year left and today the only realistic day for receiving any kind of a fee the transfer fee will be less.

Rangers not being able to sign players for 18 months will help us but still if there are no other bids then we may not have a choice.

Unless there are other clubs interested (and I'm surprised there are none from the championship in England) then sad to say he may leave.

PS Is Ryan not answering his twitter today ?

Remember also newco may pay the ?500,000 due at seasons end re Wallace up front.. that may be a factor.

Tommy Wiseau

I would be more seething at Hearts accepting any offer from the huns rather than the huns for putting an offer in.

Do you know how skint we are? How can you blame the club if no one else is in for him and they offer ?1.2/1.3m (for the sake of argument)? That money could be the difference between keeping our head above water this season and not. The club has to do what is best for Hearts.

Correct lads. Hearts can't really be blamed here if we get good money. The player must search his own soul over this. There's no point saying the same about the Huns as they are well beyond contempt. Whoever trumped up the idea if a delayed transfer embargo should be another person to take the flak.

It's unbelievable that they have had this grace period to make sure they have enough players to fulfil their fixtures in the first place, it's even more incredible they have abused it to sign all sorts of players on SPL wages and putting in bids for players they can't afford. My seethe at that vermin is building to Celtic levels <_<

I suspect that may be the case. Who honestly knows though, I'm beyond being surprised by their actions.

maroonlegions

Larry is right. It is utterly ridiculous we are even in this position, where these cheating ****s can put in big bids for our players, but it is not utterly ridiculous that we would have to accept such a bid given our finances.

I will be seething if he goes there, but not at Hearts, at The Rangers. It is beyond a joke that they are throwing money about like this on players. I would also think Templeton is a complete dafty if he accepts terms off them to take money over his career.

Seething is an apt description it sickens me that a club demoted to the 3rd division for not only unpaid taxes but using it to buy players are again throwing their weight about try to lure promising young talent like Hearts pair Temps and McGowan away.Young players NEED to continue to play in the TOP tear of Scottish football to maintain their career prospects and to nurture their natural talent and to help promote Scottish football on the world stage not to mention its integrity.angry.gif

Clerry Jambo

Hate the thought of any of our young lads going to that thieving mob, but 750k for Temps remembering only months left on contract, 500K paid in full for Wallace, then not too bad a deal but still friggin hurts.

Gowser must stay.

If they get those two players, they will have a great chance of winning a cup, which is what they are aiming for; as big a GIRFUY to Scottish football as they can achieve.

Amazing.

Exactly. People shouldn't be surprised by what Rangers at trying to do. The legal system and football authorities have allowed the club to regroup in the 3rd Division, and have given them this transfer window to stock up on players. That's the reality, like it or lump it.

There will be no ?1.2milion fee from newco re Temps

If we get near ?750,000 it will be accepted..... the value we place on our players with only a year to go on contracts is just unrealistic .... had they 2 years to run then perhaps but with one year left and today the only realistic day for receiving any kind of a fee the transfer fee will be less.

Rangers not being able to sign players for 18 months will help us but still if there are no other bids then we may not have a choice.

Unless there are other clubs interested (and I'm surprised there are none from the championship in England) then sad to say he may leave.

PS Is Ryan not answering his twitter today ?

Remember also newco may pay the ?500,000 due at seasons end re Wallace up front.. that may be a factor.

I think the issue may be how much Rangers have available to pay up front as Hearts understandably, will not trust a structured deal.

How much capital are Sevco5088 likely to have available?

southside1874

Rangers bidding for hearts players is their way of sticking their two fingers up at Vlad. Vlad has been instrumental in the fall of Rangers. Them now putting a cheeky bid in for our players. Is just their way of saying that your players would still prefer to play for us even though we are in the 3rd Division. Vlads earlier statement regarding Hearts players who are interested in money can leave the club now makes more sense.

I can't see Gowser going and find it strange that Temps would entertain the idea of playing in the third division.

Do you know how skint we are? How can you blame the club if no one else is in for him and they offer ?1.2/1.3m (for the sake of argument)? That money could be the difference between keeping our head above water this season and not. The club has to do what is best for Hearts.

I know we have all paid through the nose for season tickets, been to a cup final, had two massive european games, both on tv and cut a huge amount of our wage bill. All this while our owner has pumped 30 million into a basketball team and refused to even entertain potential buyers of the club despite declaring his wish to sell up.

Archived