Gowzer stays / Templeton close to leaving (Merged Threads)

Johanes de Silentio

John McClure

Not sure we should start hanging Templeton out to dry yet, he hasnt signed yet. He may well just be taking his time to decide, and see clearly, that while The Rangers may well make him a wealthy young man, that staying at Hearts and working hard, he may well get a move to a bigger and better club, in a bigger and better league, and he may be an even wealthier young man than The Rangers could make him

Maybe hes just being a massive ::troll:::'> to Sevco, and at 11;59pm while Jim White is rubbing himself under the SkySportNews desk, talking to Charles Patterson outside Murray Park, Temps turns round and says, "nah, **** ye ally ya fat prick!"

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely Temps is smarter than moving to Rangers where his career progression (in terms of his own skills and ability) will be stalled for the most important years of his life.

He could leave to England in 6 months if he wanted if he continues to show the class he has so far.

He can also kiss goodbye to any Scotland ambitions for the next 5 years...

Let's have it right, Templeton is a joke figure if he happily goes to they arseholes to ply his trade against brickies and plumbers, but I'm not having any suggestions that he never tried his hardest for Hearts. Ridiculous <_<

100% this.

Massive respect to McGowan for his statement, we now need to show our commitment by offering him a new deal.

If Temps goes to Sevco, I will lose all respect I ever had for him, chasing the cash at his age and stage of career is a sad indictment of the Scottish psyche and that of Scottish football as a whole. :(

It's going to be disastrous for Templeton's development as a player as well. If he stays and plays at SPL level and then gets a proper move to a proper league where he'll get to play with and against quality players then he'll continue to improve. What on earth is he going to learn by playing against postmen and office workers in division 3??

It's absolutely mental.

Also, his potential to play for the national team and any international aspirations he may have are effectively gone. What a dumb, short-sighted career move.

I think this is suggesting that newhuns will be back in the top flight...whatever top flight gets created...in the next season or two at most. Otherwise Templeton has just launched his career straight down the toilet.

Pants Shaton

For the hard of thinking:

1. Hearts want to sell Templeton and Gowser (they need money).

2. If Rangers are the only show in town, who else can Templeton sign for?

3. If Templeton doesn't leave now, he'll leave for next to nothing (or on a pre-contract) in January.

It may be embarrassing that, even in the 3rd division, Rangers can hold us to ransom and pay below market prices, just like the old days. But just like the old days, we're skint.

Professional mind reader, Colin? You can pick all that up by watching him on a Saturday?

I picked it up watching a guy with loads of natural ability not progressing an inch in two years!

That opinion would seem to be backed up by a considerable improvement in effort in the 2 games v Liverpool.

Never forget Jimmy Johnstone saying how he practised every day, including when he was at the top of his game, adding that you don't add that final piece to your game without plenty of practising.

Do you really think he was out on the practice ground after normal training, honing his skills?

PS In view of some other comments, I'm not saying that he doesn't try - it's that extra bit of application at coaching/practice that moves a good player to a great one.

PPS If the Jimmy Johnstone one doesn't convince you, try Kevan Keegan!

PPS IF he signs for ZombieCo it will take some real heavy convincing to make me think otherwise.

Not sure we should start hanging Templeton out to dry yet, he hasnt signed yet. He may well just be taking his time to decide, and see clearly, that while The Rangers may well make him a wealthy young man, that staying at Hearts and working hard, he may well get a move to a bigger and better club, in a bigger and better league, and he may be an even wealthier young man than The Rangers could make him

Maybe hes just being a massive ::troll:::'> to Sevco, and at 11;59pm while Jim White is rubbing himself under the SkySportNews desk, talking to Charles Patterson outside Murray Park, Temps turns round and says, "nah, **** ye ally ya fat prick!"

A dream scenario :lol:

Let's have it right, Templeton is a joke figure if he happily goes to they arseholes to ply his trade against brickies and plumbers, but I'm not having any suggestions that he never tried his hardest for Hearts. Ridiculous <_<

Great Post

kingantti1874

3. If Templeton doesn't leave now, he'll leave for next to nothing (or on a pre-contract) in January.

It may be embarrassing that, even in the 3rd division, Rangers can hold us to ransom and pay below market prices, just like the old days. But just like the old days, we're skint.

I actually don't blame the club. what difference does it make they won't be playing against us... but why any player would go there.. especially one on the verge of international recognition.. I dunno

On the positive side of view:

Jamie Walker (who I am excited about) will get more of a chance on the right.

Novikovas will finally get a run of games and hopefully achieve the consistency he lacks.

Callum Patterson looks like a cracking right midfielder albeit he is more of an orthodox midfielder than a winger. He will get more appearances.

Gowser more chance at sticking to right back with Callum Patterson in front of him.

Could we now have the cash to sign Rudi?

Use the money to get Howard signed up on a three year contract with a release clause.

STV Jamie:

Evening folks. Templeton move to Rangers appears to be close. He's out of contract in the summer and Hearts need the cash. If I get anything concrete, I'll update.

Well done Ryan massive respect to you young man.

I hope to feck that he now doesn't get frozen out.

I'm maybe wrong here but for him to have told them no would an offer needed to have been accepted?

Nope, it shows Gowser's loyalty and commitment to Hearts. Vlad's in the EEN tonight saying anyone who's tempted by money will leave tonight. Vlad wants players like McGowan.

shaun.lawson

If Templeton does go, it might not be as easy a case as him wanting out. It may be that there was a bit of pressure put on him as we are skint.

I know it was a bigger move, but I remember Naysmith not wanting to move on and being told we were skint so he had to make the move.

Unless he hands in a transfer request and starts jumping up and down, I'm going to cut the lad a bit of slack - it is not a great move for him though - although I can't help feeling Newco will be in some sort of SPL2 next term.

Say 600k or so now, or nowt next summer?

I think people need to realise how skint we are.

Correct on all counts. We don't know the exact ins and outs of everything here; life is never as simple as football fans so often like to make out.

Say Temps was being leant on by the club to go. It'd be perfectly understandable in the circumstances. Would we rather he stayed and we went bust in the meantime? :huh:

hmfc4life1991

Deadline Day ?@ddaytransfers

David Templeton in talks with Rangers but favours a move south. He is also not saying no to staying put. #deadlineday #hearts #Rangers #spl

If Hearts are so desperate for money they'd sell everyone, exactly how does the board expect to have any future income? Sell all our best players=shite team=shite performances=shite league position=shite income

A balance needs to be struck.

Jambof3tornado

Surely Temps is smarter than moving to Rangers where his career progression (in terms of his own skills and ability) will be stalled for the most important years of his life.

He could leave to England in 6 months if he wanted if he continues to show the class he has so far.

He can also kiss goodbye to any Scotland ambitions for the next 5 years...

Look at who will have moved to the huns. Wallace,Black and Temps,none of them going to qualify for mastermind are they?

No desire and a waste of a talent,the same can be said of Wallace. England is the place to prove yourself and I have gained a tiny big of respect for the diving wee shite Naismith for going down there to try and make it.

We paid ?30k for temps,if we got ?600 plus the Wallace cash now,plus even a 10% sell on then I will help him pack.

He will have gone out on a high note after last night,but is far too inconsistent,for a player of his age(ie not a youngster anymore).

SwindonJambo

His father is a blue nose but Temps was a boyhood Celtic fan!

If Temps goes to Rangers it will confirm what I've suspected about the lad. I think he could have applied himself a lot more over the past few years and he'll be thinking he's going to get money without really trying.

There could be something in this. I know an Ayr United fan at work down here who remembers Henry Templeton (David's father) in his prime playing at Somerset Park. The whole support thought he was a gifted footballer who stupidly never got the big move his talents warranted due to the 'lifestyle' he refused to give up. I'm told he openly smoked heavily and was not unknown to take to the field after a few 'refreshments'. But he knew he could get away with it playing at that level. Such a waste.

I have no knowledge of David doing the same but it sounds like he'd be happy to freewheel through the lower leagues with Dangers while picking up a wadge. A sad waste of talent if true.

southside1874

His father is a blue nose but Temps was a boyhood Celtic fan!

If Temps goes to Rangers it will confirm what I've suspected about the lad. I think he could have applied himself a lot more over the past few years and he'll be thinking he's going to get money without really trying.

I see Temps as always trying to play for himself rather than the team. Most of the effort from him is very individual as if he has always been playing for the move. His individual nature has become more apparent. What a way to go though with that goal against Liverpool.

So you keep saying, why did we sign Stevenson, prior to selling anyone then?

Novikovas will finally get a run of games and hopefully achieve the consistency he lacks.

Callum Patterson looks like a cracking right midfielder albeit he is more of an orthodox midfielder than a winger. He will get more appearances.

Gowser more chance at sticking to right back with Callum Patterson in front of him.

Use the money to get Howard signed up on a three year contract with a release clause.

Excuse my ignorance Taz, Howard??

alwaysthereinspirit

Will we be paid up front or are we taking it up the rear again. Well done Scottish football. Disgusted.

Correct on all counts. We don't know the exact ins and outs of everything here; life is never as simple as football fans so often like to make out.

Say Temps was being leant on by the club to go. It'd be perfectly understandable in the circumstances. Would we rather he stayed and we went bust in the meantime? :huh:

And as I said earlier, he could break his leg playing for us at the weekend, potentially ruining his career and making our asset worth nothing.

Anyone who claims they wouldn't at least consider an offer of doing the same job in a less challenging environment for significantly more money is either lying or driven by things that most normal people aren't when making career choices.

tartofmidlothian

Who's Howard?

Nope, it shows Gowser's loyalty and commitment to Hearts. Vlad's in the EEN tonight saying anyone who's tempted by money will leave tonight. Vlad wants players like McGowan.

Like kello then?

At least his position is one where we have cover and good cover at that.

Driver and Novikovas would be the wide players so still not exactly poor with Walker as back up.

If he went though I would love there to be someone waiting to be signed.

The players will miss his guitar playing though !!

tartofmidlothian

If Hearts are so desperate for money they'd sell everyone, exactly how does the board expect to have any future income? Sell all our best players=shite team=shite performances=shite league position=shite income

A balance needs to be struck.

If you direct it at the media, this quote is spot on. What are STV on about? Since when has Vlad ever sold a player for buttons compared to his market value? He always gets a good deal at least.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Character assassination is poor. Just can't see why when can do better for himself.

Pants Shaton

So you keep saying, why did we sign Stevenson, prior to selling anyone then?

What's more mystifying is your belief that our financial situation is no different now to how it was in 2007.

What on earth gives you the right to come in here and produce sensible, factually accurate posts?

winston churchill

If he signs,then fair play to him.

He could have sat tight and signed a pre contract in January,we would have ended up with nowt.

That's a shame about Temps. Another sad indictment of the game here if he goes to Sevco, and another promising career thrown away for the lure of OF cash. Thanks for the memories - there have been some great moments.

Just seen temps on SSN with his guitar. Seems like the sorta guy to do a cover of Umbrella. Just a hunch.

Pleased Gowser has decided to stay. Hopefully we can tie him up to a longer deal. I admire his loyalty. A Hearts legend in the making.

It'll be a blow losing Temps and will damage his career but I suppose money talks. Rangers are right rubbing our noses in it though, getting our best players. I just hope any transfer money is paid in full this time. Did we ever get the Instalment owed for Lee Wallace ?

ryan... thank **** someone has their heid screwed on right. well done chief.

the templeton situation is indeed more complicated than is being made out. "pressure on temps from the club" flies in the face of what romanov actually said, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

hearts/romanov are riding both horses here. appearing to be happy to keep temps if he chooses to put his career before money. quietly content to get good money if it appears. romanov's words seem to suggest that he is leaving the player to decide his own future. setting him a test of character.

it will be disgusting if he goes there but at least we get much needed cash. incredibly the thought of him signing for celtic (if they were interested) is currently a much more palatable notion. who would have thought THAT?

So, to sum up, we need to sell a player in order to bring in much needed cash. This cash may be required in order to pay an outstanding tax bill. The only club willing to pay money is able to do so because they themselves chose to stiff the taxman out of ?50m.

Jeffrey Archer would have struggled to come up with stuff like that.

Out the two, would have preferred to keep a hold of Templeton.

Still, fair play Gowser for having a wee bit of sense about you.

I think I'm on the other side of that. I just think that McGowan WILL sign a deal and will be worth a lot more money in 12-18 months. It's a shame that Templeton is considering this (for his benefit as opposed to Hearts) but if he goes, so be it. I don't see him signing a new deal. If he goes, I'd suggest that Walker would be the obvious replacement, especially when we are now playing this formation with Templeton just off Sutton. Walker would be ideal there.

McGowan showing the class and intelligence that we all know he has, by the way.

The Great Khali

See this is what I find weird. This is what we are being led to believe but if we were that desperate to sell players because we have no money, then why the **** are we throwing wages at the arsehole that we've signed today?

aussie_jambo

Gowzer= legend, has ambition, an idea about football careers.

Temps= goes to sevco, no international ambition, linked to that heap of shite, hated by jambos for life, has to deal with that fat ***** mc coist

John McClure

Gowzer= legend, has ambition, an idea about football careers.

Temps= goes to sevco, no international ambition, linked to that heap of shite, hated by jambos for life, has to deal with that fat ***** mc coist

Except he hasnt signed yet

lets stop the pelters for the laddie eh?

John McClure

Ken what else is mental, all the ***** on JKB that think they are Hugh Pym :lol: :lol: :lol:

He is the BBC`s economics expert

See this is what I find weird. This is what we are being led to believe but if we were that desperate to sell players because we have no money, then why the **** are we throwing wages at the arsehole that we've signed today?

yes, good point.

we appear to have committed to paying stevenson circa ?300,000 - ?450,000 over three years of a contract. not the archetypal sign of a poverty ravaged business.

are there any more spare wages is what i am wondering.

What's more mystifying is your belief that our financial situation is no different now to how it was in 2007.

We are heavily in debt and reliant on the largesse of Romanov, nothing has changed.

Archived