Gowzer stays / Templeton close to leaving (Merged Threads)

Johanes de Silentio

rossthejambo

Who's ferguson?

Barry Ferguson.

Thankfully, the Express isn't often on the money.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't add much as what I would have said about Temps has been said by others on this thread, mostly, good points.

my one comment is that is is worth much more this morning than he was before yesterday.

Also... he is now too important a player to lose.

IF he goes to Sevco I'd reconsider my season.

Driver must be thinking when he sees Temps at play: " this is what I could have done if I'd not got sidetracked" It might boost him to achieve.

I won't add much as what I would have said about Temps has been said by others on this thread, mostly, good points.

my one comment is that is is worth much more this morning than he was before yesterday.

Unfortunately he's only worth what clubs bid for him. If it's newco or nobody we may have an unhappy player for 12 months that we will get nothing for come the summer.

Imagine the scenario where we tell them to bolt then he pre-contracts it to Rangers come January and signs for them on September 1st?

Two "Championshp" sides in the hunt for Templeton as well - Leeds & Britol City so I hear.

Good news.

Offer him the most we can for a new contract today. He rejects then he goes.

Driver must be thinking when he sees Temps at play: " this is what I could have done if I'd not got sidetracked injured" It might boost him to achieve.

FTFY

quincy adams wagstaff

hearts want 1.3 million for gowser and temps,the rangers bid was well short.http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/188020-football-talk-rangers-after-hearts-duo-celtic-on-barca-pray-for-harry/

If they go we will simply lack the players to mount a credible spl campaign and struggle for top 6. Hope whoever it is at Hearts says bolt to Sevco, does a Thompson/Goodwillie and gives both year long extensions and sells them down south later. Rangers, Fat Sally, Green and their whole ethos are poison. Hope the lads realise this and tell them no!

Being completely honest here, I'd hate to lose them both but if we got 1.3 million for 2 players who can leave for nowt at the end of the season I'd call it good business.

rossthejambo

Two "Championshp" sides in the hunt for Templeton as well - Leeds & Britol City so I hear.

Good, the mere thought of seeing him with a Rangers top is giving me the boke.

quincy adams wagstaff

Being completely honest here, I'd hate to lose them both but if we got 1.3 million for 2 players who can leave for nowt at the end of the season I'd call it good business.

agreed,it just hurts cos its fat sallys mob thats sniffing around.

A b idding war for Temps should keep Mcgowan IMO.

We need to sell someone and I just hope we get top dollar. Leeds would be a great move for him,

Dr. Bapswent

They are the young bright future of Hearts.

The last week has shown this more than ever.

They need signed up rather than sold.

In the current state of Scottish football 1.3mill sounds pretty attractive. However, if Temps was to go to a championship team his value would multiply by at least 5.

Anyway, I'd much rather see them both go for nout at the end of the season that effectively writing off their careers for an extra couple of grand a week at Sevco.

Very true mate, I hate those feckers!!!!

If temps and gowser have any sense they'll go down south where they will become better players IMO but at tje end of the day it'll be down to money.

Arthur Morgan

What Baps said :thumbsup:

It would put me on a downer and I would lose my optimism for this season :(

For once I actually agree with you. :thumbsup:

Joint bid, ?1.3 million valuation? Someone is having a laugh. Even given the depressed state of the market, ?1.3 million is an under-valuation.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Last year Gowser went and kidnapped Temps and everything was fine. What we need is Captain Zal and his liff mates to take both of them in the back a van until after 12 tonight.

lost in space

I totally agree with the sentiment of this. But the sad fact is that their agents will get better deals than we can offer - and they will be away for nothing at the end of the season. I would particularly hate to see Gowser go - he is now a cult (unlike Stevo who is a ****).

I can't believe temps would think a mover there would be a good move. He can get a good deal at a championship club no problem look at Rhys McCabe left sevco to go to Sheffield Wednesday got a wage increase from ?900 a week to ?10.5k a week 2 new cars an apartment and has played every league game so far all that after only 10 games for sevco. Surely temps and gowser could get similar or better deals down south seeing as they have more experience? A move to sevco will set them back but then it is up to them

Dr. Bapswent

I totally agree with the sentiment of this. But the sad fact is that their agents will get better deals than we can offer - and they will be away for nothing at the end of the season. I would particularly hate to see Gowser go - he is now a cult (unlike Stevo who is a ****).

Possibly - but not in the SPL (outwith the OF).

But the future is where you invest - and I think if we have any money to spend it should be as an investment in the future with these players.

It will pay dividends.

brian mclauchlin?@BBCBMcLauchlin

Hearts have turned down offers from Rangers for Templeton and McGowan The offer made combined was less than ?1 million.@bbcscotland

Same news as last night regarding turning down the two combined bids of less than a milloion.

Hearts have turned down offers from Rangers for Templeton and McGowan The offer made combined was less than ?1 million.@bbcscotland

Dr. Bapswent

An offer that was described as good and fair by Charles Green last night.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yet that welt Burns claimed there was only ?100k difference! :laugh:

A simple bit of maths will tell you Sevco can't afford ?1.3m.

In other news ...

BBC Breaking News?@BBCBreaking

Russian oligarch Berezovsky loses ?3bn London High Court battle against Chelsea Football Club's Abramovich. More soon http://bbc.in/PRHQfz

Jeesh

An offer that was described as good and fair by Charles Green last night.

That f&*cker needs to read a dictionary. Doesn't know the meaning of good or fair. Utter Pr!ck

We are a selling club... if we don't sell temps now we should look at the end of the season sale BUT he what happens if he picks up an injury?

Keep Gowzer... sell temps to keep the club afloat for another year.

if this is true - i shows what we have been saying all along,

McCoist telling the fans what they want to hear to safe his job

But when told put your money where your mouth is makes shocking offer

we sholdn't even be talking to this lot bout players [ just give us the Wallace money ]

Dr. Bapswent

We are a selling club... if we don't sell temps now we should look at the end of the season sale BUT he what happens if he picks up an injury?

Keep Gowzer... sell temps to keep the club afloat for another year.

I would hate the club to make decisions based on such 'what if's'.

As said on other threads, I think there are sensible 'investments' and stupid ones. Previously Vlad has invested unwisely, but Temps and Gowser are good investments IMO. Giving both quality to the current teams performance, but also improving their final valuation when they do go.

I think any investment to keep them at the club would be recouped in this way making it the sensible approach rather than selling for short term finances.

Rangers can go and feck themselves.....also, why look to sell? Vlad always blabbed on about Hearts one day developing an almost total homegrown side , so get the finger out and deal the young ones in......If we aren't buying, paying big wages etc...to any new signings then do what we can to keep our best players.

Ffs, some are obsessed on here with us selling players.....I'm only interested in seeing Hearts put a competitive team on the park...if you get offered a good price for players iknow its hard to knock back but the Huns offer is a complete joke.

Tommy Wiseau

I hate Rangers much more now they're not in the same league as us than I did when they lorded it over us in the SPL :lol:

Arthur Morgan

I hate Rangers much more now they're not in the same league as us than I did when they lorded it over us in the SPL :lol:

Same! :lol:

Apologies if this link is already posted but how the hell can they get away with this sort of guff on their web site?

taking the...

I hope that it is all just bluster from fat sally to keep the hordes at bay and it all comes to nothing but isn't this effectively 'tapping up' another teams player? Publicly posting a picture of a player under contract at another club effectively saying 'we want but can't afford so lets try and unsettle and get agent in his ear'

I didn't think it was possible but I now hate Rangers far more than Celtic and would love to see them wiped out of existence.

From holding out for ?9m for a keeper to possibly offloading CLASS defender and winger combined for ?1.3m...?

I know times are hard but if Vlad sanctions this I'll kill myself :(

Why are any of us surprised at how sevco conduct themselves??

They ard still the same despicable, filthy, trampy, feckin smelly club that rangers always were!!!

I was hoping that what happened to them would make them eat a big slice of humble pie but they are like the old rangers, feckin arrogant erseholes.

I truly hope they die!!!

alwaysthereinspirit

Why are any of us surprised at how sevco conduct themselves??

They ard still the same despicable, filthy, trampy, feckin smelly club that rangers always were!!!

I was hoping that what happened to them would make them eat a big slice of humble pie but they are like the old rangers, feckin arrogant erseholes.

I truly hope they die!!!

Other than them actually being more arrogant than before they went belly up.

Scottish football as a whole should be ashamed by what is being allowed to fester over there.

Greens quotes about him and McCoist having to waste their day away meting with the SFA made me want to puke.

Offer them new contracts today if don't sugn

Sell

Sell

Sell

And get replacements in not as if there's

No players out there

from the scotsman 11.34am:

Vladimir Romanov has told the Evening News that he is prepared to sell David Templeton. Cue feverish discussions at Ibrox perhaps? Or will the highly-rated Templeton go elsewhere?

I agree with this, however I'm not sure they would agree to an extension, I hope I'm wrong though.

Dr. Bapswent

Vladimir Romanov has told the Evening News that he is prepared to sell David Templeton. Cue feverish discussions at Ibrox perhaps? Or will the highly-rated Templeton go elsewhere?

damn.jpg

southside1874

If Templeton went to the 3rd division he would be a complete fool. He would have at least 3 years before playing top flight football in Scotland. Not good for a guy his age.

In the current state of Scottish football 1.3mill sounds pretty attractive. However, if Temps was to go to a championship team his value would multiply by at least 5.

Anyway, I'd much rather see them both go for nout at the end of the season that effectively writing off their careers for an extra couple of grand a week at Sevco.

Behave!

markletissier

1.3 million is far from good enough. Get Gowser on a 10+ years deal.

Temps on a good day is worth 2 - 3 mill and Gowser upto 2.

marshallschunkychicken

Yet that welt Burns claimed there was only ?100k difference! :laugh:

A simple bit of maths will tell you Sevco can't afford ?1.3m.

I get the feeling that Burns is looking at the figure offered for the players plus the figure that they agreed to pay early for Wallace as the amount that is ?100K short. It would not surprise me if the underlying offer was around ?600-700K for the two.

Archived