Gowzer stays / Templeton close to leaving (Merged Threads)

Johanes de Silentio

Johanes de Silentio

As a Scotland player, not as a SevCo one. I really don't think Levein will pick players who are playing 3rd division football, no matter who for.

Levein has already played an SFL 3 player.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thunderstruck

Maybe the feeling is that it's better to get something for them when we need the cash, rather than risk losing them for nothing.

The risk is perhaps in not selling at least one of them and getting into cash-flow problems. You can bet your bottom dollar that Doncaster will be all over Herats with a 10point deduction if there is the merest sniff of salaries being late. Our ST sales are down, TV money will be reduced, Corporate is down. We have to cut our cloth accordingly.

But, as others have said, why sell to that mob!

lost in space

As a Scotland player, not as a SevCo one. I really don't think Levein will pick players who are playing 3rd division football, no matter who for.

The way things are going Levein wont have a choice - all of the top scottish based players will be with Sevco.

Levein has already played an SFL 3 player.

In a friendly, which took place three months after he played in the Scottish Cup Final and after he had only played a couple of matches for SevCo.

Look at the squad for the World Cup qualifiers. No Wallace, no Black.

Watching Temps tonight, I just can't see him playing in the third division, it would be poor business from Hearts if they can't find a better deal for these 2 players, to be honest, I can't believe they couldn't find a better club for Wallace so you never know.

Johanes de Silentio

But, as others have said, why sell to that mob!

Be great if Vlad said 'our players are for sale, but not to The Rangers - now gies the Wallace money'!

its pretty clear rangers know something others dont, when you see what daniel goain has said the other day about hoping to return next season with rangers in the spl???? hence why he has only gone on loan? . sickening no change to the voting system is another thing on my tits WTF is that about , no spl chairmen seem bothered . I AM AND ITS ******* OUTRAGES .

PEACE

Ultimately, the decision may not rest with the players. If hearts accept bids it shows a clear willingness on our part to move these players on. On that basis, I'm positive the players will be told in no uncertain terms to make sure they agree suitable terms with the bidding parties.

Absolute nonsense if the players don't want to go then they say no, simples.

Johanes de Silentio

In a friendly, which took place three months after he played in the Scottish Cup Final and after he had only played a couple of matches for SevCo.

Look at the squad for the World Cup qualifiers. No Wallace, no Black.

Three months is a long time in football.

I saw Black playing in one of those matches for Sevco - he was dreadful.

Has to be said there's not a great deal of interest in the national side amongst Hearts fans these days - especially since the Black thing.

Three months is a long time in football.

I saw Black playing in one of those matches for Sevco - he was dreadful.

Has to be said there's not a great deal of interest in the national side amongst Hearts fans these days - especially since the Black thing.

I still think it unlikely that SevCo players will be called up for competitive games.

Johanes de Silentio

I still think it unlikely that SevCo players will be called up for competitive games.

I hope you're right.

its pretty clear rangers know something others dont, when you see what daniel goain has said the other day about hoping to return next season with rangers in the spl???? hence why he has only gone on loan? . sickening no change to the voting system is another thing on my tits WTF is that about , no spl chairmen seem bothered . I AM AND ITS ******* OUTRAGES .

PEACE

I have been thinking the same Jamie, the OF and SFA have been all quiet about the voting system, I just hope the Club Directors are not letting this go, we not only know change is needed, we know WHAT change is needed and this is one of them.

Smug McCoist just on SSN

"not spoken to the lad but he wants to come"

Well fleck off then and ruin your career.

I hate Rangers, this is outrageous but it's the same old story raping and pillaging from Glasgow.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Smug McCoist just on SSN

I hate Rangers, this is outrageous but it's the same old story raping and pillaging from Glasgow.

Translation: We are trying to tap his agent who wants his cut badly!

ToadKiller Dog

Smug McCoist just on SSN

Don't trust fat Sally .

If Temps really wants to go to the Orcs then I dispair of the Scottish footballers mentality he has just shown that he could mix it in a big league . He is a moron if he wants to go there .

If he hasn't spoken to him, then clearly what he has to say about his wishes ain't worth much.

OF fans have done this for years. No matter who the player is, there is an automatic assumption that they 'want to play for Rangers/Celtic'.

The trouble is, much of the time they are right. Players who don't see playing for one of the OF as the absolute pinnacle of footballing achievement (such as James McFadden and Craig Gordon) seem to be in the minority.

It amazes me that SevCo are still doing this though. Surely it must have occurred to them that they're not exactly as enticing a prospect as they used to be.

Arthur Morgan

If he hasn't spoken to him, then clearly what he has to say about his wishes ain't worth much.

OF fans have done this for years. No matter who the player is, there is an automatic assumption that they 'want to play for Rangers/Celtic'.

The trouble is, much of the time they are right. Players who don't see playing for one of the OF as the absolute pinnacle of footballing achievement (such as James McFadden and Craig Gordon) seem to be in the minority.

It amazes me that SevCo are still doing this though. Surely it must have occurred to them that they're not exactly as enticing a prospect as they used to be.

Well it seems to some players, they still are down.gif

The Comedian

Laughable offer and paying us money they will anyway is insulting. And yet, we're giving them the time of day.

2 players worth at least ?4million between them potentially. ?2 million at least bearing in mind how young they are.

I'm happy for them to go if we get decent cash. Not 500k a piece. Christ we sold Eggert for more than that!

TyphoonJambo

I'm going to shut my eyes, put my fingers in my ears and my head under a blanket, crawl into the dark place under the stairs and come out on Sunday morning, just hoping that when I emerge all this hasn't happened, we havent done any business with those vile, corrupt scumbags and that two of the best prospects in teh Scottish game remain Hearts players. trust that lot to spoil a great day, twats.

are you forgetting that we have an owner who will happily freeze out any player who doesnt leave after an offer is accepted regardless of quality and value?

I'm 99.9999999% confident that neither will sign for The Rangers Football Club. Like I said earlier, both of them wouldn't look out of place playing in the English Premier League. Gowser has just made his debut for the Socceroos and I believe he's in the squad for their next game? This is something he said he's dreamed of his whole life. Plus the fact he loves Hearts. There's no way he'll go.

As for Temps, he showed England/Europe what he can do tonight. He caused Liverpool a lot of problems over the two legs. Yes, Liverpool. He won't want to be causing Elgin and East Stirling problems every week. At the age of 23, and with the ability he has, I feel he should also be aiming for a Scotland call up sooner rather than later.

I'll be amazed if The Rangers sign either of them.

shaun.lawson

I'm 99.9999999% confident that neither will sign for The Rangers Football Club. Like I said earlier, both of them wouldn't look out of place playing in the English Premier League. Gowser has just made his debut for the Socceroos and I believe he's in the squad for their next game? This is something he said he's dreamed of his whole life. Plus the fact he loves Hearts. There's no way he'll go.

As for Temps, he showed England/Europe what he can do tonight. He caused Liverpool a lot of problems over the two legs. Yes, Liverpool. He won't want to be causing Elgin and East Stirling problems every week. At the age of 23, and with the ability he has, I feel he should also be aiming for a Scotland call up sooner rather than later.

I'll be amazed if The Rangers sign either of them.

This. Utterly bewildering if anything other than the above transpires, tbh.

Arthur Morgan

This. Utterly bewildering if anything other than the above transpires, tbh.

Would it really be that surprising though given their track record?

Charlie-Brown

I don't mind if we sell Templeton or McGowan as long as we get a good fee for the last year of their contracts but if Hearts or VR are watching - please please please not to those ****s at The Rangers. Not now not ever!!

Guest oldcastlerock2012

are you forgetting that we have an owner who will happily freeze out any player who doesnt leave after an offer is accepted regardless of quality and value?

Are you forgetting we have an owner who has nothing but contempt for Rangers (and Celtic for that matter) and would rather lose a testicle than do anything that benefits them, such as selling his best players to them for below their value?

shaun.lawson

Would it really be that surprising though given their track record?

In terms of that disgusting club, not at all. In terms of the players, colossally so.

Choose SFL Division 3 over, respectively, a burgeoning international career or likely move before too long to a top Championship or EPL club? Do me a favour.

Arthur Morgan

In terms of that disgusting club, not at all. In terms of the players, colossally so.

Choose SFL Division 3 over, respectively, a burgeoning international career or likely move before too long to a top Championship or EPL club? Do me a favour.

Oh yeah, without a doubt I would be surprised if the players chose to go there, especially Gowser. It would show a huge lack of ambition from the pair of them.

shaun.lawson

Oh yeah, without a doubt I would be surprised if the players chose to go there, especially Gowser. It would show a huge lack of ambition from the pair of them.

In Gowser's case, if the unthinkable happened over the next 24 hours (which I'm sure it won't), I honestly think I'd cry.

His rate of progress is so meteoric, he's on track to become the ultimate cult hero. Those goal celebrations are sensational! :thumbsup:

EDIT. Thinking about it, even though many better players have left us over the years, I think an exit for Gowser to The Rangers would be the most painful, borderline impossible to deal with Hearts departure since Scott Crabbe's a good 20 years ago now.

Won't happen though, so not to worry. :)

Arthur Morgan

In Gowser's case, if the unthinkable happened over the next 24 hours (which I'm sure it won't), I honestly think I'd cry.

His rate of progress is so meteoric, he's on track to become the ultimate cult hero. Those goal celebrations are sensational! :thumbsup:

Yeah I'm sure he won't either as he hates the OF (and Hibs, obviously!). He's a good lad who I think, has his head screwed on. He loves Hearts just as much as we do which is why we love him so much biggrin.gif His celebrations are something else! You can see the passsion he has for us in those celebrations. It is how I'd celebrate if I played for Hearts.

It is easy to critise the players that want to play for The Rangers FC. 'Lack of ambition' 'Thrown away chance to play in EPL etc.'

You have to remember that football is a job for these players. They are getting offered (a lot) more money for a much easier job. It really is no brainer, as much as it pains me to say it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It is easy to critise the players that want to play for The Rangers FC. 'Lack of ambition' 'Thrown away chance to play in EPL etc.'

You have to remember that football is a job for these players. They are getting offered (a lot) more money for a much easier job. It really is no brainer, as much as it pains me to say it.

For a player like Black, you'd probably agree. He's reached as far as his game will take him.

Gowser and Temps have loads of potential to fulfil. Completely different situations.

Snake Plissken

I genuinely hope Sevco go bust all over again and never return.

Disgusting club.

Snake Plissken

Also, why the **** were Rangers given this "grace period" anyway? What's the point in giving them a transfer ban if they spend the summer raping other Scottish clubs?

Geoff Kilpatrick

I genuinely hope Sevco go bust all over again and never return.

Disgusting club.

If they spend ?1.3m, they'll be well on the way to doing so.

shaun.lawson

Wish Rangers would just feck off and die.

The phrase "I wish they'd just feck off and die" is used alarmingly often in the world of football. But was there ever a case in which so many shared the same fervent wish?

Rangers/The Rangers/Sevco/Oldco/Newco/Greenco/Hunco/Cheatsco. It doesn't matter what their name is; they are and will remain the most disgusting club in world sport. FACT. :yucky:

shaun.lawson

Also, why the **** were Rangers given this "grace period" anyway? What's the point in giving them a transfer ban if they spend the summer raping other Scottish clubs?

Even the 'ban' itself is a carve-up. Assuming they're still in existence by the time next summer arrives, they'll spend it preparing various signings to be completed in the - would you just look at that! - 48 hours which follow August 31 2013, which just happens to fall on a Saturday. :rolleyes:

Meaning in practice, they'll be banned from making signings this coming January - and that's it. Couple that with their probable double promotion thanks to the re-structuring being advocated... and well, it makes you sick. :yucky:

The_razors_edge

Absolute nonsense if the players don't want to go then they say no, simples.

And risk being frozen out a la kello?

rossthejambo

I ******* hate Rangers Football Club and all that sail in her, especially that absolute, bonafide, arrogant, tactically naive, arse jockey that calls himself a manager.

From Perth to Paisley

EDIT. Thinking about it, even though many better players have left us over the years, I think an exit for Gowser to The Rangers would be the most painful, borderline impossible to deal with Hearts departure since Scott Crabbe's a good 20 years ago now.

Won't happen though, so not to worry. :)

I am literally shitting myself at the thought of it!

Biggest worry is what if the only offer is from Rangers, if Gowser turns down the move will he be frozen out like Marian Kello? That's the kind of stuff that will be going through his head if an offer is accepted!

Having just broken in to the Australian squad could he afford a minimum of 4 months not playing any football?

Hopefully it's all just rubbish though and we can rest easy!

The Real Maroonblood

I ******* hate Rangers Football Club and all that sail in her, especially that absolute, bonafide, arrogant, tactically naive, arse jockey that calls himself a manager.

x million times.

From Perth to Paisley.

If Ryan McGowan has just broken into the Australian squad he should be more worried about losing his place playing for a 3rd division team and not because of being frozen out at hearts.

Do you honestly think the Australian manager will even consider him playing at that level? I think not.

It especially irritates me that SevCo have been forced to accept a transfer ban, and then the SFA have carefully designed it so that it hardly inconveniences them. They get a 1-month grace period before it kicks in, and next year they'll be able to sign whoever they wish and have 2 days to register them before the window closes!

FFS, SFA, could you not at least have made it cover ONE COMPLETE SUMMER WINDOW?

Temps, McGowan and Ferguson all at Rangers by close of business this evening according to the Daily Express Journo. :(

Temps, McGowan and Ferguson all at Rangers by close of business this evening according to the Daily Express Journo. :(

Who's ferguson?

Archived