Gowzer stays / Templeton close to leaving (Merged Threads)

Johanes de Silentio

BBC Scotland's Brian McLauchlin:

"If I was a betting man, I'd have a shilling on David Templeton playing for Rangers. If a deal is concluded by midnight, then he could play against Elgin on Sunday."

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gowzer is staying according to Brian mclauchlin twitter. Good stuff. Temps not looking so gd though :(

BBC Scotland's Brian McLauchlin:

"If I was a betting man, I'd have a shilling on David Templeton playing for Rangers. If a deal is concluded by midnight, then he could play against Elgin on Sunday."

David was named after Davie Cooper.

Cause his dad is a hun but Temps has stated numerous times on his twitter he followed celtic

He was, by his Hun dad who walked out on him and his mother. His step dad, who brought him up, was a Celtic fan.

Tommy Wiseau

Ryan McGowan is already a Hearts legend and has only been a first team regular for about a year. Not often that happens, like B)

I don't care who the money is from, if it's a big offer, we have to take it.

I would only take payment in full up front from that shower though.

Think Rangers might be bluffing to impress their support though.

@STVRaman: Ryan McGowan has told Hearts he wants to stay at club and won't move to Rangers. Ibrox club still negotiating with Hearts for D Templeton.

Superb Gowser, please "advise" David too!

I don't care who the money is from, if it's a big offer, we have to take it.

I would only take payment in full up front from that shower though.

Full payment and Lee Wallace money plus a sell on fee %.

Anyone else now thinking that after taking the adulation from the Hearts faithfull when he scored, that the clearly emotional templeton knew he was leaving?

What's going to happen is Temps is going to turn down a move but Vlad won't play him for the rest of the season due his head being 'turned' and losing his 'passion'.

If he goes tonight for a fee of ?1M + tonight, could that money open up the oppurtunity for a last minute signing or even a free agent to come in?

Or would we have any other use for the cash?

The People's Chimp

He's going to sign for those verminous, bigotted creatures.

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would prefer to go and play for them in the 3rd division rather than wait a year and get a proper move. I understand that a lot of footballers are thick but that really is quite surprising.

100% this. It sums up the problems in scottish football and in scotland more generally. Sad as **** likes, as in properly devastatingly sad that our country is continually held back by narrow minded aspirations.

If Templeton does go, it might not be as easy a case as him wanting out. It may be that there was a bit of pressure put on him as we are skint.

I know it was a bigger move, but I remember Naysmith not wanting to move on and being told we were skint so he had to make the move.

Unless he hands in a transfer request and starts jumping up and down, I'm going to cut the lad a bit of slack - it is not a great move for him though - although I can't help feeling Newco will be in some sort of SPL2 next term.

Say 600k or so now, or nowt next summer?

I think people need to realise how skint we are.

I would insist on every single last penny they are due us both from this deal and Wallace is sitting in our bank account before we give them permission to sign for them. That Green looks a complete snake oil merchant

Back to 2005

Says it all about the lad if he goes there. Will regret it when he looks back on his career. Enjoy the big game against Elgin.

1346434014[/url]' post='3131532']

If he goes tonight for a fee of ?1M + tonight, could that money open up the oppurtunity for a last minute signing or even a free agent to come in?

Tax bills and wages.

Italian Lambretta

Taxman :down:

His father is a blue nose but Temps was a boyhood Celtic fan!

If Temps goes to Rangers it will confirm what I've suspected about the lad. I think he could have applied himself a lot more over the past few years and he'll be thinking he's going to get money without really trying.

100% agreed.

Can anyone enlighten me on where their money is coming from to pay for Temps ?

They have decent gate income and some sponsorship, so I'm sure they can pay better wages than all SPL clubs outside of Celtic.

But if they don't have any cash reserves, then how the hell can they "buy" any player ?

I don't fecking understand. Help !

I would insist on every single last penny they are due us both from this deal and Wallace is sitting in our bank account before we give them permission to sign for them. That Green looks a complete snake oil merchant

His father is a blue nose but Temps was a boyhood Celtic fan!

If Temps goes to rangers it will confirm what I've suspected about the lad. I think he could have applied himself a lot more over the past few years and he'll be thinking he's going to get money without really trying.

Professional mind reader, Colin? You can pick all that up by watching him on a Saturday?

Well done Ryan massive respect to you young man.

I hope to feck that he now doesn't get frozen out.

I'm maybe wrong here but for him to have told them no would an offer needed to have been accepted?

Thats the bit I don't understand.

Sevco surely don't have any cash other than what they're getting from gate receipts, sponsorship and other bit and pieces.

Where is the cash coming from to buy Temps ?

It's going to be disastrous for Templeton's development as a player as well. If he stays and plays at SPL level and then gets a proper move to a proper league where he'll get to play with and against quality players then he'll continue to improve. What on earth is he going to learn by playing against postmen and office workers in division 3??

It's absolutely mental.

Also, his potential to play for the national team and any international aspirations he may have are effectively gone. What a dumb, short-sighted career move.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If this happens it's a shocking waste of talent and a career wrecking move. I think there is enough contempt not to allow them back for the full duration of the sentence. No Europe, not much chance of scouts taking notice of Scottish lower leagues, banjod by clodhoppers, may never reach potential. Who is advising the boy?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It's going to be disastrous for Templeton's development as a player as well. If he stays and plays at SPL level and then gets a proper move to a proper league where he'll get to play with and against quality players then he'll continue to improve. What on earth is he going to learn by playing against postmen and office workers in division 3??

It's absolutely mental.

Also, his potential to play for the national team and any international aspirations he may have are effectively gone. What a dumb, short-sighted career move.

In sync to the minute :thumbsup:

I think the best outcome is for us to get as near to a million as possible for temps, get our Wallace money and sign up Gowser on a new contract. Temps is in the last year of his contract and probably on a decent wage. It's a shame one of the brightest talents in Scotland looks to be going to spend the most crucial 3 years of his life in SFL obscurity... no caps for him! Gowser I don't think is a big earner so we should sign him up on a decent wage for at least 4 years :thumbsup:

Tommy Wiseau

Let's have it right, Templeton is a joke figure if he happily goes to they arseholes to ply his trade against brickies and plumbers, but I'm not having any suggestions that he never tried his hardest for Hearts. Ridiculous <_<

Cause his dad is a hun but Temps has stated numerous times on his twitter he followed celtic

His dad used to play for rangers youth squad.

Hackney Hearts

Taxman :down:

Do football clubs still have to pay taxes??

I thought there was a recent test case where a Glasgow club proved that it was better not to pay any tax but just spend money on players?

Sadly, we still have to sell to survive. I'll be gutted if he goes to The A*seholes Formerly Known As Rangers, but I think they are the only team that has bid for him. I know I am in the minority, but I want to remember Rudi as he was, and scoring the double in THE final is a great way to remember him. It made me a bit sad seeing the legend that was Robbo at the end of his Hearts career and the young supporters wondering what all the fuss was about. I want to keep my Rudi memories as they are.

1346434482[/url]' post='3131556']

Thats the bit I don't understand.

Sevco surely don't have any cash other than what they're getting from gate receipts, sponsorship and other bit and pieces.

Where is the cash coming from to buy Temps ?

They are debt free, paying players a lot less then used too, and are getting 50,000 for home games.

I'm pretty sure they still bank ?1 million every home game.

Sad but true.

Let's have it right, Templeton is a joke figure if he happily goes to they arseholes to ply his trade against brickies and plumbers, but I'm not having any suggestions that he never tried his hardest for Hearts. Ridiculous <_<

You are right.

Good post. 100% agree.

The Great Khali

Correct

Archived