Gowzer stays / Templeton close to leaving (Merged Threads)

Johanes de Silentio

Bungalow Bill

?1.3 million! I'm amazed Hearts have set the valuation that low.

We're talking about Vlad who got ?1 million for Paul Hartley when we'd knocked back the same amount 2 years earlier!

He got us ?9 million for Gordon and no one's willing to touch him now!

He signed Rudi, then sold him the same day for ?2 million.

It doesn't strike me as normal Vlad behaviour!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year Gowser went and kidnapped Temps and everything was fine. What we need is Captain Zal and his liff mates to take both of them in the back a van until after 12 tonight.

I hear that this man has been seen in a blacked out van outside Temps' house and is just waiting for the nod from Captain Zal to move in.

1311762230asmeninisfg.jpg

Ryan is on the edge of the Australian national team now - surely he won't wave that goodbye for a move to Rangers? I think the Australian's are odds on to qualify, world cup in Rio in 2014 or trips to Cowdenbeath on a windy Tuesday?

The only thing that would sway him might be trying to get some cash for Hearts, ironically enough. Surely it's in his interest to hang around, he's only getting better, and he'll have more options the later he leaves it.

I think both boys want to look after Hearts, and that might affect things. If they don't want to go to Sevco, hopefully they can sign one year extensions on existing terms, looking after Hearts, keeping them playing if they don't want to go, and getting them to a better place.

Fingers crossed, eh?

Text size

Ally snubbed in ?1m twin raid to land Hearts pair

HEARTS today rejected a double bid from Rangers for winger David Templeton and defender Ryan McGowan. Ibrox boss Ally McCoist has confirmed his interest in landing Templeton, but has been rebuffed at the first attempt after the Jambos turned down a joint offer, believed to be less than ?1million, for two of their star men. McCoist faces a race against time to strengthen his squad before an SFA registration embargo kicks in at midnight, with Templeton, McGowan and Kilmarnock?s Cammy Bell all on his radar and could go back to the table as the clock ticks down tonight. McCoist said: ?I have said for a few weeks now that we need bodies in and David is certainly one that we would be really keen to get, along with a few others. Since the last time I said we needed bodies in, Maurice Edu and Kirk Broadfoot have gone the other way. ?Ideally, I would like to get another keeper in and let young Scott Gallacher go and play somewhere. I know Cammy has had an operation on an arm, but that wouldn?t put me off. He is somebody else?s player and you have to respect that. ?Managers will obviously go high, but I certainly think we need a handful, if not six. We are low on numbers.? Meanwhile, McCoist has been handed a three-game touchline ban, suspended for one year, by the SFA over comments made last season regarding the identities of tribunal panel members. Ibrox chief executive Charles Green was heavily censured for comments he made in the media. Green said: ?The decision of the judicial panel was disappointing as they accepted there was no intention on my part to bring the game into disrepute and this is reflected in the sanction imposed. ?I explained to the SFA previously and have said publicly what I meant by my remarks and it is time to move on.? McCoist said: ?At no time did I intend to bring the game into disrepute when I made my feelings known about the decision by a judicial panel, set up under the auspices of the SFA, to impose a transfer embargo on Rangers. ?I felt the decision was wrong and my concern was that everyone must have full confidence in a system that has the capacity to impose such severe sanctions. I wanted full transparency on a decision which had far-reaching implications for our club. ?At no time did I wish any individual subjected to intimidation as a result of my comments and I am pleased this aspect of the complaint was dismissed.? By CHRIS JACK By CHRIS JACK ALLY McCOIST hopes to land Hearts star David Templeton today as he gears up for a frantic few hours that could see up to six players arrive at Rangers. The Gers boss faces a race against time to strengthen his squad before an SFA registration embargo kicks in at midnight, with Templeton, Hearts team-mate Ryan McGowan and Kilmarnock?s Cammy Bell all on his radar. McCoist said: ?I have said for a weeks now that we need bodies in and David is certainly one that we would be really keen to get, along with a few others. ?Since the last time I said we needed bodies in, Maurice Edu and Kirk Broadfoot have gone the other way. It has to be a busy 24 hours. ?Ideally, I would like to get another keeper in and let young Scott Gallacher go and play somewhere, but that isn?t a priority at the moment. I know Cammy has had an operation on an arm, but that wouldn?t put me off. He is somebody else?s player and you have to respect that. ?Managers will obviously go high, but I certainly think we need a handful, if not six. We are low on numbers.? Meanwhile, McCoist has been handed a three-game touchline ban, suspended for one year, by the SFA over comments made last season regarding the identities of tribunal panel members. Ibrox chief executive Charles Green was heavily censured for comments he made in the media. Green said: ?The decision of the judicial panel was disappointing as they accepted there was no intention on my part to bring the game into disrepute and this is reflected in the sanction imposed. ?I explained to the SFA previously and have said publicly what I meant by my remarks and it is time to move on.? McCoist said: ?At no time did I intend to bring the game into disrepute when I made my feelings known about the decision by a judicial panel, set up under the auspices of the SFA, to impose a transfer embargo on Rangers. ?I felt the decision was wrong and my concern was that everyone must have full confidence in a system that has the capacity to impose such severe sanctions. I wanted full transparency on a decision which had far reaching implications for our club. ?At no time did I wish any individual subjected to intimidation as a result of my comments and I am pleased this aspect of the complaint was dismissed.? Meanwhile, Queen?s Park defender Ricky Little has been censured over remarks made about Rangers players on Facebook. Rangers rebuffed in ?1m bid to land Hearts pair By CHRIS JACK Rangers target Hearts star David Templeton in transfer frenzy

HEARTS today rejected a double bid from Rangers for winger David Templeton and defender Ryan McGowan.

n Lee McCulloch salutes the Rangers fans after scoring his side's second goal in the 3-0 win over Falkirk MATCH REPORT - PAGES 48&49

Ibrox boss Ally McCoist has confirmed his interest in landing Templeton, but has been rebuffed at the first attempt after the Jambos turned down a joint offer, believed to be less than ?1million, for two of their star men.

Sign in to read the full article

eveningtimes.co.uk is available for free to registered users. Registering gives you full access to all articles, daily news headlines by email and allows you to share your opinions. It also means you can help us make the services we offer more relevant to you. It's easy to register and it's completely free. Sign in or Register now

What do you think?

Please sign in to comment on this article

Showing 0 comments

from the scotsman 11.34am:

Vladimir Romanov has told the Evening News that he is prepared to sell David Templeton. Cue feverish discussions at Ibrox perhaps? Or will the highly-rated Templeton go elsewhere?

That is the usual "out of context" crap that you get from that piece of used toilet paper!

Posted on other thread... sorry for repeat.

13.41 Our senior football reporter Chris McLaughlin says Rangers remain locked in talks with Hearts over winger David Templeton and are "confident" they'll get their man...

Ryan is on the edge of the Australian national team now - surely he won't wave that goodbye for a move to Rangers? I think the Australian's are odds on to qualify, world cup in Rio in 2014 or trips to Cowdenbeath on a windy Tuesday?

The only thing that would sway him might be trying to get some cash for Hearts, ironically enough. Surely it's in his interest to hang around, he's only getting better, and he'll have more options the later he leaves it.

I think both boys want to look after Hearts, and that might affect things. If they don't want to go to Sevco, hopefully they can sign one year extensions on existing terms, looking after Hearts, keeping them playing if they don't want to go, and getting them to a better place.

Fingers crossed, eh?

THIS :rolleyes:

Tommy Wiseau

Super Ally is having a laugh, isn't he? He wants to sign Cammy Bell so that he can LOAN OUT a promising young goalkeeper on the books. Jesus Christ, man, it is unreal - blood him yourself you arsehole :lol:

The more I think about this the more it becomes completely baffling.

I can understand the two clubs having a discussion about a sale as it's just a business transaction between to companies. What I find staggering is that anyone advising Templeton and McGowan would tell them this is a good move for their careers. All the reasons have been laid out before in this thread (3rd div football, lose international place etc) and it simply makes no sense.

I'm going to get all conspiratorial here but could there still be some underhand dealings going on behind the scenes to get Rangers back in the SPL sooner than later?

The whole thing is utterly baffling.

rossthejambo

Super Ally is having a laugh, isn't he? He wants to sign Cammy Bell so that he can LOAN OUT a promising young goalkeeper on the books. Jesus Christ, man, it is unreal - blood him yourself you arsehole :lol:

Literally just said those exact words to my mate. Total walloper.

Hope The Rangers go bust again and their stadium burns to the ground. If temps does go there I wish them the same fate. Why would.he go there mental. Who's his agent?

Tommy Wiseau

Literally just said those exact words to my mate. Total walloper.

Maybe he can't handle the pressure of playing in the third division, so they'll give him to Killie or some other diddy club for a year. Beyond words!

The Great Khali

I can understand the two clubs having a discussion about a sale as it's just a business transaction between to companies. What I find staggering is that anyone advising Templeton and McGowan would tell them this is a good move for their careers. All the reasons have been laid out before in this thread (3rd div football, lose international place etc) and it simply makes no sense.

I'm going to get all conspiratorial here but could there still be some underhand dealings going on behind the scenes to get Rangers back in the SPL sooner than later?

I would think the answer to your second paragraph is, yes.

Just arrived home from Liverpool to read all this shite. The Rangers are scummy horrible outfit.

Watching the game just now and Temps was outstanding. He can't be runnin about the third division. He just can't

iamcraigbeattie

Exactly the discussion i had with a few others this morning. Other than the obvious personal financial benefits a move could be suicidal for their careers.

There must be something going on!

J.T.F.Robertson

When VR agreed to sell Wallace to them on the never never, his "principles" regarding the OF were shown to be a sham.

I wouldn't be holding out too much hope re this situation.

Only way it makes sense is if he was loaning hiom out to a club below the 3rd Division, even then why would you have a youth keeper on your books that isn't up to 3rd Division standard?

Exactly how I feel. Who is advising these players and what are they telling them?

I have no problem with selling these players as that is football but, if they decide that a move to SFL3 to play for them is a good move, then they are both dicks and they deserve to be forgotten about.

Obviously I hope they both stay for another year or two as I reckon they could both get decent moves to a bigger stage.

I dont think thats particularly much of a conspiracy. Craig Burley said as much in commentary last night.

markletissier

I seriously hope we aren't considering doing this.

Punishment? What punishment?

Maybe we should go bust, get relegated and sign those players we've been drooling over for seasons.

I seriously hope we aren't considering doing this.

Punishment? What punishment?

Maybe we should go bust, get relegated and sign those players we've been drooling over for seasons.

Slight amendment. They did not get relegated.

New Rangers started at the bottom rung of the ladder. If anything, they got favourable treatment and were fast-tracked.

I've noticed this is now the top story on newsnow rather than our match report. The orc scum can't stand another club being in the headlines for something good.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Does anyone seriously think Temps would choose to go to Rangers? Ignoring the fact he's a self-confessed Celtic fan who loves playing for Hearts with one of his best mates, in what way at all would his career benefit from playing in fields and being booted up in the air every couple of weeks by plumbers and posties for two years.

Especially when his stock is higher than it's ever been and he can move anywhere for free at the end of the season. Temps has a real chance of breaking into the Scotland squad and arguably should have been included already.

Wallace only went to Rangers because Vlad forced them to increase their initial bid fivefold - and he was also in the last year of his contract (I think). They'll have to do the same for Temps and McGowan for us to even talk to them. I'm also not so sure that Vlad would freeze out a player who turns down a move to the OF - he'd see that as a moral victory/

Dr. Bapswent

Does anyone seriously think Temps would choose to go to Rangers? Ignoring the fact he's a self-confessed Celtic fan who loves playing for Hearts with one of his best mates, in what way at all would his career benefit from playing in fields and being booted up in the air every couple of weeks by plumbers and posties for two years.

Especially when his stock is higher than it's ever been and he can move anywhere for free at the end of the season. Temps has a real chance of breaking into the Scotland squad and arguably should have been included already.

Wallace only went to Rangers because Vlad forced them to increase their initial bid fivefold - and he was also in the last year of his contract (I think). They'll have to do the same for Temps and McGowan for us to even talk to them. I'm also not so sure that Vlad would freeze out a player who turns down a move to the OF - he'd see that as a moral victory/

pound_sign_2__large.jpg

ToadKiller Dog
Does anyone seriously think Temps would choose to go to Rangers?

Fat sally does , he has spoken to Temps who want to join him so he says . Temps career crashes and burns .

Guest oldcastlerock2012

pound_sign_2__large.jpg

Can't see it. He can get good money at the end of this season. Hearts are talking to Rangers because they do want a bid for Temps and will let him leave - just for a lot more money than Rangers want to pay. And they'll be wanting the money all in one go and a sell-on clause. I could see Celtic coming in with a late bid though.

Hawick Jambo

Yes and Aunt Sally always speaks the truth. Please Vlad don't let this happen to those cheating scumbags

Can't see it. He can get good money at the end of this season. Hearts are talking to Rangers because they do want a bid for Temps and will let him leave - just for a lot more money than Rangers want to pay. And they'll be wanting the money all in one go and a sell-on clause. I could see Celtic coming in with a late bid though.

According to his dad they are going to pay him ?7k a week,whereas he only gets ?1400 with us,looks like Temps cares more about chasing the money than playing a a decent level

Guest oldcastlerock2012

According to his dad they are going to pay him ?7k a week,whereas he only gets ?1400 with us,looks like Temps cares more about chasing the money than playing a a decent level

He'll get more than that in the Championship. He's also as good a prospect as the likes of James McArthur and Conor Salmon who got moves to the EPL.

They can surely only justify those wages if they are certain they will be playing top tier football next season. It's up to the fans of all Scottish football teams to make sure that it blows up in their faces yet again.

His agent must be an absolute mug. If he was looking to move he could surely have secured a Championship club on similar money.

?7k a week is all very well, but he'll get booted up and down tattie fields from Elgin to Annan.

Fat Sally quoted in the paper today as saying David was the last person he wanted to score last night because he wants him at Ibrox and then asked about Cammy Bell at Kilmarnock he said he couldnt comment about him because he is UNDER CONTRACT TO ANOTHER CLUB !!!!

SO IS TEMPS YOU THICK, FAT, BALDY ^^^^T. :verymad::verymad::verymad:

He is only 23 he could do both still, he could get the money from them and then move in a couple of years ??

Just saying as much as it pains me he could go there.

to be honest, given temps is entertaining this I already think he's a ******

I guess that it's in everyone's interests to pretend this is a real story. Hearts might just flush out a real bid from someone with cash, Rangers get to look like they're trying for exciting young players, and Temps gets his profile boosted and has a good negotiating position if he has to agree terms with another club.

On the other hand, it's a bit harsh saying that someone who has allegedly been offered a pay rise of ?280,000 a year is a ****** for considering the possibility.

Not read this thread, but I think that Templeton will go but McGowan will not. It shouldn't be a big deal in here, it was only a couple of weeks ago JKB was desperate to sell him for any sort of monies. JKB will be pleased.

Someone else alluded to this on Facebook apparently Temps Dad and Brother were in Walkabout in Concert Square yesterday and said he would be off and he doesn't care???

Not read this thread, but I think that Templeton will go but McGowan will not. It shouldn't be a big deal in here, it was only a couple of weeks ago JKB was desperate to sell him for any sort of monies. JKB will be pleased.

Indeed. A great number of posts on here seem to be wishing we sell various players.

Me, I prefer to keep the decent players we have. If the club does decide to sell them, I couldn't really give a **** where they go.

As for anyone suggesting they wouldn't consider a move that apparently would result in a wage packet 5 times your current one...yes, keep telling yourself that...

It's simple for both players

Do I want to take a large pay rise but play lower league football for 2 years at least ?

(with possible international consequences)

Or do I stay this coming season on a lower wage and take the gamble that my talents will ensure that next summer I move to a better club/league with an even larger salary and signing on fee ?

(with the gamble of not being injured or bad form course)

The above of course does not take account of Vlad telling the players we need the money and it would be good if they moved on so we received a transfer fee ................ not that that would happen .... would it ?

PS Ryan has his twitter account.... not too active today....and he's usually pretty open with his followers ?

PSS Temps gets more than ?1400 basic per week.

kingantti1874

Indeed. A great number of posts on here seem to be wishing we sell various players.

Me, I prefer to keep the decent players we have. If the club does decide to sell them, I couldn't really give a **** where they go.

As for anyone suggesting they wouldn't consider a move that apparently would result in a wage packet 5 times your current one...yes, keep telling yourself that...

I believe he could get that, and maybe more not at the rangers and not in the spl... money yes, sporting ambition - the lad clearly has none..

I believe he could get that, and maybe more not at the rangers and not in the spl... money yes, sporting ambition - the lad clearly has none..

Fair dues. But in the real world, the choices you make are based on the options open to you. While we might think that Templeton should have better options than the Scottish 3rd Division (e.g. in England), the reality may be that Rangers are the only club to have bid for him (I personally don't know).

There are then two choices that basically need to be made. Do Hearts accept a bid from Rangers? If yes, then it's up to Templeton to decide if he wants to join.

Templeton can't sign for a team in the English Championship, for example, if one doesn't make Hearts an acceptable bid for him.

As far as Templeton goes, it could end up being a similar situation to Black...if he decides signing for Rangers is the best option for him, so be it. I am not going to wish him good luck, but I am not going to cry about a player making a decision that he considers best for himself.

kingantti1874

Fair dues. But in the real world, the choices you make are based on the options open to you. While we might think that Templeton should have better options than the Scottish 3rd Division (e.g. in England), the reality may be that Rangers are the only club to have bid for him (I personally don't know).

There are then two choices that basically need to be made. Do Hearts accept a bid from Rangers? If yes, then it's up to Templeton to decide if he wants to join.

Templeton can't sign for a team in the English Championship, for example, if one doesn't make Hearts an acceptable bid for him.

As far as Templeton goes, it could end up being a similar situation to Black...if he decides signing for Rangers is the best option for him, so be it. I am not going to wish him good luck, but I am not going to cry about a player making a decision that he considers best for himself.

I'm not going to cry about it either, im just stating a fact that he has no sporting ambition, Scottish lower leagues in the prime of your career, writing of the potential of international recognition... that in my eyes makes him and loser.... he should have the confidence in himself to wait for the right move.. same with black, same with Wallace, taking the easy way out, no intention of pushing themselves to be as good as they can be... losers

Fermit the Krog

Aye but they dinnae have the sovs required to buy him so they can talk about how much they'd pay him all they like.

Charlie-Brown

seems to be a sad inevitability of Temps to the Huns, no more news of other teams in for him or Hearts speaking to other interested parties?

Templeton would be crazy to make a move to the cheats. <_<

His stock has never been higher after the 2 Liverpool games.

He would get kicked black and blue every week in the 3rd division.

His international chances would diminish for the forseeable future.

He would get way more money from even a championship club than sevco if he bides his time.

Does he really want to go from the high of playing at Annfield to the nightmare of playing away at East Stirling.

All for more money. Think about it Temps, its a no brainer. :rolleyes:

Not one promising jambo has ever improved any apart from his bank balance by going to sevco. There is a long list of players who threw away a very promising career.

If he goes, i hope the money fills the void that he has wondering 'what if'.

I'm not going to cry about it either, im just stating a fact that he has no sporting ambition, Scottish lower leagues in the prime of your career, writing of the potential of international recognition... that in my eyes makes him and loser.... he should have the confidence in himself to wait for the right move.. same with black, same with Wallace, taking the easy way out, no intention of pushing themselves to be as good as they can be... losers

Fair dues. Depends on your idea of sporting ambition, and all depends on the choices that are actually available. Players and agents probably have a better idea of clubs that are actually interested now or might be in the future.

Like it or not, the current entity known as Rangers is still one of the best supported clubs in Britain, players are still getting called up for international duty and they can (somehow...and for the moment...) still give players contracts that will probably make them millionaires. As a professional footballer, taking that option may satisfy your "sporting ambition" more than signing for someone at a higher level...like Barnsley, Aberdeen or Millwall etc..

Maybe, given the options (or lack of them...), signing for Rangers for a 400% pay increase is something a player could decide IS the right move for them. He could stay at Hearts, break his leg tomorrow against Dundee and never play again. I'm pretty sure at that point he could be regretting the decision to hold out for that dream move next year to Ipswich or Derby.

Obviously all the numbers and clubs above have just been plucked out of thin air. My general point is that people have to make their own choices based on actual options open to them. If the best option available to David Templeton turns out to be signing for Rangers in the 3rd division, that tells us more about the current state of the game, rather than Templeton himself.

Colonel Kurtz

Fair dues. Depends on your idea of sporting ambition, and all depends on the choices that are actually available. Players and agents probably have a better idea of clubs that are actually interested now or might be in the future.

Like it or not, the current entity known as Rangers is still one of the best supported clubs in Britain, players are still getting called up for international duty and they can (somehow...and for the moment...) still give players contracts that will probably make them millionaires. As a professional footballer, taking that option may satisfy your "sporting ambition" more than signing for someone at a higher level...like Barnsley, Aberdeen or Millwall etc..

Maybe, given the options (or lack of them...), signing for Rangers for a 400% pay increase is something a player could decide IS the right move for them. He could stay at Hearts, break his leg tomorrow against Dundee and never play again. I'm pretty sure at that point he could be regretting the decision to hold out for that dream move next year to Ipswich or Derby.

Obviously all the numbers and clubs above have just been plucked out of thin air. My general point is that people have to make their own choices based on actual options open to them. If the best option available to David Templeton turns out to be signing for Rangers in the 3rd division, that tells us more about the current state of the game, rather than Templeton himself.

it tells us more about the state of Hearts when our need to pay a tax bill brought about by loan deals via Kaunus to Hearts overshadows our desire to retain players.

We could sell them now for ?2 mill and re-sign them in 12 months time. As 3rd Divison players a ?100,000 offer for the pair would be generous.

Archived