***Tour de France***

Currahee!

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chester™

Anyone else having a watch? Me and Mrs Chester just flicked over and as we did, some spectator decided to have a wee run next to the pack. Said spectator was getting a bit close and took a slap to the chops from one of guys in the pack!:lol:

Italian Lambretta

Wait till we get up the mountains you will see some real plums wearing rediculous outfits. There was a guy at the Giro wearing a bright green thong type outfit that went up over his shoulders.

Not for the faint hearted :D

Anyone else having a watch? Me and Mrs Chester just flicked over and as we did, some spectator decided to have a wee run next to the pack. Said spectator was getting a bit close and took a slap to the chops from one of guys in the pack!:lol:

Naecups1902

Luis Leon's arse just collapsed

Come on, let's have it

Nowt compared to kaimes road mind!!!

1341673277[/url]' post='3027593']

Luis Leon's arse just collapsed

Come on, let's have it

Nowt compared to kaimes road mind!!!

lol wheres your man by the way! :-)

kaimes rd, wheres that?

Naecups1902

I wasn't having a dig, just an observation

Passed zoo on right, possibly steepest road in Edinburgh, 800 metres at about a 10 gradient

Great riding by Sky

Think my men more suited to tomorrow

Naecups1902

If there is a better sporting occasion I haven't seen it, this is what it is all about

very good by froome, showed last year he can climb, coulb be a podium contender if he keeps that up.

1341674157[/url]' post='3027624']

I wasn't having a dig, just an observation

Passed zoo on right, possibly steepest road in Edinburgh, 800 metres at about a 10 gradient

Great riding by Sky

Think my men more suited to tomorrow

didnt think you were mate thumbsup.gifah that kaimes rd, have you ever rode up currie kirk hill or kings Cavil out by linlithgow?

Naecups1902

I can't recall seeing much of Nicholas Roche all week yet here he is in 8th place!!

Naecups1902

didnt think you were mate thumbsup.gifah that kaimes rd, have you ever rode up currie kirk hill or kings Cavil out by linlithgow?

started doing of few of these but had to stop, restart when I am fitter again,

need a new bike first!! done kaimes road first time on mountain bike and forget to switch off front suspension, bouncing up and down like a dafty!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap_Shv5XWDsxdEJTT1lBTC1IVkpNTHlHZ0tmalh0Q0E&authkey=COPFy6kN&hl=en&authkey=COPFy6kN#gid=0

Just wait until the real mountains appear. A category 1 climb is tough, an HC climb is a killer. 800m at 10% is a breeze, try things like Mont Ventoux with 22.7km with an average gradient of 7.1, or Alpe d'Huez with 13km at around 7.9%. The bit that terrifies me is that on a lot of them you have to go back down the other side if there isn't a summit finish, so utterly knackered, shaky as hell then a 70kph descent.

And Tourmalet is always fun!!

tourmalet_west_medium.jpg

Naecups1902

Just wait until the real mountains appear. A category 1 climb is tough, an HC climb is a killer. 800m at 10% is a breeze, try things like Mont Ventoux with 22.7km with an average gradient of 7.1, or Alpe d'Huez with 13km at around 7.9%. The bit that terrifies me is that on a lot of them you have to go back down the other side if there isn't a summit finish, so utterly knackered, shaky as hell then a 70kph descent.

And Tourmalet is always fun!!

tourmalet_west_medium.jpg

Absolutely right, these mountains are killers, I would crash on way down

Stage 8, as someone put it "up and Doon like a whoors drawers"

Difficult to predict this one but maybe maybe one of the Astana boys, such a short run in from the summit, however if the breakaway is still away by the start of the col du Croix I think they will stay away.

I'm glad Wiggins is in the lead purely because it will make it more entertaining. Evans knows that Wiggins has the beating of him in time trial stages so he will now have to consciously go out to kill him in the mountains.

Naecups1902

I'm glad Wiggins is in the lead purely because it will make it more entertaining. Evans knows that Wiggins has the beating of him in time trial stages so he will now have to consciously go out to kill him in the mountains.

Time trial Monday!

Wiggins looked quite comfortable yesterday. Evans will have his work cut out now. :thumbsup:

Some big names in the breakaway

People flying off everywhere to get across.

Sore one, looked like his scapula, they way he winced when the doc poked his finger in it. Ooooyah

# hand, clavicle and disloc shoulder.

No Olympics this year.

Watch out for the boy from radio shack, gallopin, doin a good job.

Naecups1902

The fdj ds was hilarious, glad the guy won, another big day tomorrow for wiggo

Italian Lambretta

Thats the first time i've really wished a foreign rider would stay clear and win a stage. Very funny last 2 km with the riders manager cheering him on to victory. :D

The fdj ds was hilarious, glad the guy won, another big day tomorrow for wiggo

Naecups1902

Thats the first time i've really wished a foreign rider would stay clear and win a stage. Very funny last 2 km with the riders manager cheering him on to victory. :D

Spot on eyetie

A team that often gets themselves in the breakaway and they all deserved that today.

Wiggins, asked about those who accuse him of doping:

"I say they're just ******* wankers. I cannot be doing with people like that. It justifies their own bone-idleness because they can't ever imagine applying themselves to do anything in their lives. It's easy for them to sit under a pseudonym on Twitter and write that sort of shit, rather than get off their arses in their own lives and apply themselves and work hard at something and achieve something. And that's ultimately it. ****s."

Naecups1902

Heard about it, David Millar praising him on Twitter for it, missed it though, was it on the full programme or highlights

Heard about it, David Millar praising him on Twitter for it, missed it though, was it on the full programme or highlights

Didn't see any of it today, Richard Moore posted about it on his twitter.

Marc Madiot motivating Pinot was funny.

He was going nuts. :lol:

Marc Madiot motivating Pinot was funny.

He was going nuts. :lol:

Worth getting up from night shift to watch!

Stage 9 Time trial, be interesting to see how much of a difference between Wiggins and Evans there is.

Cancellara to win.

Cancellara should win today.

I'm gonna go for Wiggo to blast round the course to take the win, rest day tomorrow!

41km today. That might just be too much for Cancellara. Probably not though.

Naecups1902

Cav finishes in just over one hour, about 6 minutes behind current leader, Gustav Larsson (54 mins 19 seconds)

Cav finishes in just over one hour, about 6 minutes behind current leader, Gustav Larsson (54 mins 19 seconds)

I didn't even realise it had started.

Thats my viewing sorted now. :thumbsup:

Its the highlights I'm watching. :lol:

Naecups1902

Tony Martin anyone?

Eyetie scooter tipped him

I am thinking his injury will hold him back a tad

41km today. That might just be too much for Cancellara. Probably not though.

That was my reasoning for Wiggings rather then Cancellara!

Archived