***Tour de France***

Currahee!

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John McClure

I like the Tour de France, dont know much about it, but it can be exciting, and it can get you hooked. Only started watching it 2 years ago, but its something i properly seek out and try to watch every year

Sagan today. If you fancy a stage predictor game see my post on page one of this thread. It's free and keeps you interested.

What time does it start today? Notice ITV aint showing till 2pm but does it begin before then?

My old man is cycling daft but i've never been able to get into it.

I might give it a go this year. What channel has the best coverage?

The itv 4 highlights show in the evening is excellent. Good old ned.

Italian Lambretta

Already started on eurosport channel 410.

CWhat time does it start today? Notice ITV aint showing till 2pm but does it begin before then?

Great win for Sagan. :thumbsup:

Very surprised that Cancellara was there. Didn't expect that.

Great win for Sagan. :thumbsup:

Very surprised that Cancellara was there. Didn't expect that.

He looks the part that Sagan mind. Can he suffer in the mountains though?

BigCGilmour

He looks the part that Sagan mind. Can he suffer in the mountains though?

Not really, he'll go backwards in the high mountains, but he's not bad. Not GC contender tho, not yet anyways.

Cav stage tomorrow... Cav or Goss

Not really, he'll go backwards in the high mountains, but he's not bad. Not GC contender tho, not yet anyways.

Cav stage tomorrow... Cav or Goss

I think your right but his time will come in the next few years.

I think he's the next big thing.

Right folks stage 2 winner.

Cav today, straight run in more or less.

And I predict a mass pile up in the last 2k.

I'll go for Cavendish today.

Either that or a shock winner from a breakaway that isn't caught.

Naecups1902

Evening News to report today that Grand Depart being lined up from Edinburgh Castle.

How excited am I???

I don't think Cav will do it today. I have absolutely no basis for these thoughts though!

Kittel or Goss for me.

Evening News to report today that Grand Depart being lined up from Edinburgh Castle.

How excited am I???

Lashing rain + cobbles to take out half the GC contenders with the tram lines on Princes Street getting the other half!

Lashing rain + cobbles to take out half the GC contenders with the tram lines on Princes Street getting the other half!

Yep. I've been trying to think of a prologue route they'd want to use to maximise the city and the logical one is down the Royal Mile and a long lap of Hollyrood Park. And the race organisers wouldn't want that as it is too hilly and the risk of the cobbles.

So Probably a start at the park and then heading out the city to Musselburgh or out to the south of the city, or the other way round with a finish at the park.

Or maybe prologue in Inverness and the second stage a long run from Aberdeen to Edinburgh but the riders wouldn't want a killer stage like that so early in the race.

Yep. I've been trying to think of a prologue route they'd want to use to maximise the city and the logical one is down the Royal Mile and a long lap of Hollyrood Park. And the race organisers wouldn't want that as it is too hilly and the risk of the cobbles.

So Probably a start at the park and then heading out the city to Musselburgh or out to the south of the city, or the other way round with a finish at the park.

Or maybe prologue in Inverness and the second stage a long run from Aberdeen to Edinburgh but the riders wouldn't want a killer stage like that so early in the race.

Yeah was thinking about it too and thought maybe down the back of the castle, king stables road, lothian road, george street then either regent road or york place before hitting London road and out to a finish at Portobello?

Think there is chat of Edinburgh - Yorkshire - London - Dover being the potential stages!

This pace is astonishing, averaging around 45mph in the closing kilometres. It could be anyones right now.

Cavendish is a machine. And he did it all on his own there.

One more stage win and he is the joint most successful stage winner of all time.

Oops. He's sixth now in the all time lists so he must be one win off fifth. Misheard the commentator.

I was hoping to avoid the result until the highlights and went on Facebook and saw the result. :down:

Glad Cavendish won but I must remember to stay off Facebook until I've watched the highlights. :lol:

Naecups1902

I was hoping to avoid the result until the highlights and went on Facebook and saw the result. :down:

Glad Cavendish won but I must remember to stay off Facebook until I've watched the highlights. :lol:

Facebook, Twitter and texts must be avoided at all costs

Facebook, Twitter and texts must be avoided at all costs

Lesson learned. :thumbsup:

Coming on here is okay as I can avoid the thread. I just never thought about FB.

Naecups1902

Lesson learned. :thumbsup:

Coming on here is okay as I can avoid the thread. I just never thought about FB.

got a text during the Giro

"another good day at the office for the manx missile"!!

spoils the evenings viewing

Ditto. Forgot I "liked" Team Sky.

Oops. He's sixth now in the all time lists so he must be one win off fifth. Misheard the commentator.

You weren't miles out, the commentators said that he is 1 win away from equalling the most succesful sprinter of all time (Andre Darrigade), which will move him up to fith overall.

got a text during the Giro

"another good day at the office for the manx missile"!!

spoils the evenings viewing

Sure is annoying. :lol:

Ditto. Forgot I "liked" Team Sky.

Thing is you don't want to "unlike" eh? Just stay of FB until the highlights have finished. :thumbsup:

Stage 3, uphill finish with some lumps in the last 50km.

Think i'll go for a breakaway winner, bosan Hagen.

I think Chavanel might go for a big push tomorrow as the race is moving into France. And the climbs in the last 100km should rule out the pure sprinters.

Would go with Bosen Hagen today but can see a good tustle between Cancellara, Wiggo and Evans as they try and put down a psycological marker for the rest of the race!

Naecups1902

Going to go with one of the Vacansoleil boys today, Johnny Hoogerland or Thomas de Gendt

Boassen Hagen's a good shout. But I'm thinking Gilbert today. Or Sagan possibly.

off to brittany for two weeks on saturday and then paris for 20th 21st and 22nd to see the end of the tour can't wait

Some more info on the Edinburgh 2017 bid in todays EEN!

Prologue would start at Holyrood Park going up the royal mile, mound, george street, east end, Calton Hill and finish back at Holyrood Park! Presentations etc at the Castle Esplanade with 8000 seats!

The bid team have worked out 4 routes between Edinburgh and France for the first 3 stages, ensuring the riders can get to france without missing a days racing, stage 1 would be from Edinburgh to either Newcastle or Carlisle!

Naecups1902

off to brittany for two weeks on saturday and then paris for 20th 21st and 22nd to see the end of the tour can't wait

nice one :thumbsup:

BigCGilmour

If your going to the Champs Elysees make sure and get there early and take as much grub and drink as you can handle!!! Thinking about going myself but as yet undecided.

Sagan today again for me, Gilbert should be thereabouts.

Wild Cards - Albasini and Vinokourov

Bad crash with around 30k to go. I'm not sure why they have them going along very narrow country lanes.

Naecups1902

Bad crash with around 30k to go. I'm not sure why they have them going along very narrow country lanes.

Been a wee bit of carnage so far

Archived