***Tour de France***

Currahee!

Well its almost that time of year again.

Can't wait. :thumbsup:

Who's everyones fancy?

Bradley Wiggins and Cadel Evans are the big favourites for the Maillot Jaune. Can anyone else get a look in.

Will Mark Cavendish win the green jersey again? Or will Matthew Goss or Peter Sagan put a spanner in the works?

King of the mountains could be anyones. :thumbsup:

As could the white jersey. :thumbsup:

Bring it on. :thumbsup:

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dusk_Till_Dawn

Shame that Andy Schleck is out. Evans will win I think and Cav for the green jersey.

My favourite sporting event of the year bar none.

Shame that Andy Schleck is out. Evans will win I think and Cav for the green jersey.

My favourite sporting event of the year bar none.

it is a shame Schleck is out. Its better when the heavy hitters are riding. :thumbsup:

I think Wiggins has the better team with him so that should make a difference. :thumbsup:

Can't wait for it to start.

Wiggin's problem is whether Sky have the experience and correct blend of riders for a 3 week long game of chess.

And I suspect that Cav will do a set number of stages and then bow out and head back to Britain. It would be odd for a sprinter to do the Giro and the TDF before the Olympics.

Wiggin's problem is whether Sky have the experience and correct blend of riders for a 3 week long game of chess.

And I suspect that Cav will do a set number of stages and then bow out and head back to Britain. It would be odd for a sprinter to do the Giro and the TDF before the Olympics.

Surely Sky have been building up to this years tour. I think they will have the correct blend. time will tell though. :thumbsup:

You could be right about Cavendish. It might have been different had he not won the green jersey last year.

Naecups1902

Hopefully Wiggins can do it, I fancy him more than Evans

Looking forward to some big attacks in the mountains,

Fingers crossed for a serious accident free Tour

TiVo box getting cleared so I can tape every stage and watch later, had to sit up till 4am sometimes last year

Surely Sky have been building up to this years tour. I think they will have the correct blend. time will tell though. :thumbsup:

You could be right about Cavendish. It might have been different had he not won the green jersey last year.

Sky have certainly got good riders but in the Tour it can be the low end domestiques that can make the difference. My worry with Sky is they don't have the guys who are used to filling that roll.

Naecups1902

Johnny Hoogerland at 1200/1

What about 10000/1 for the fastest man on the planet!!!

Sky have certainly got good riders but in the Tour it can be the low end domestiques that can make the difference. My worry with Sky is they don't have the guys who are used to filling that roll.

Hopefully Chris Froome can be that man. :thumbsup:

Naecups1902

Oh and I reckon Ryder Hesjedal is a good each way bet for the general classification.

50's I think

50's I think

Worth a punt I'd say.

Be a huge achievement if he won it after picking up the Giro but he's pretty much been resting since then preparing for the big on. Mentally tough as well.

Worth a punt I'd say.

Be a huge achievement if he won it after picking up the Giro but he's pretty much been resting since then preparing for the big on. Mentally tough as well.

Aye 50's at coral or 33's at Hills.

Good shout. :thumbsup:

I've started a kickback league in the Road CC websites fantasy cycling comp. It's free to sign up and good crack. Link- http://fantasy.road.cc/home

The league is called Jambos kickback 5-1 and its open to anyone. Id code to join is 75999.

p.s hope this is ok with the mods.

The Vulture

Will be interesting to see how Frank Schleck gets on without the limelight being on Andy.

As an outside bet, I fancy Pierre Rolland.

Will be interesting to see how Frank Schleck gets on without the limelight being on Andy.

I'd say Rolland will have a very good chance of the polkadot (or Hoogerland) and will be aiming for a top 5 place.

Boaby Ewing

Horrible feeling Wiggins will crash out again. He'll never have a better chance.

Horrible feeling Wiggins will crash out again. He'll never have a better chance.

Surely not 2 years in a row. :down:

That would be cruel. As you say he won't have a better chance. :thumbsup:

Would love to see Wiggins do it. Awesome summer for sport, but this will always be THE event.

Oh and I reckon Ryder Hesjedal is a good each way bet for the general classification.

THIS! with onions and garlic.

Generally root for an Italian. Vincenzo Nabali won the Vuelta and would be my pick but I would love for Wiggins to win it so he's my man. Been watching since the days of Roche, Robert Millar and LeMond. Hope it's on ITV2. July wouldn't be the same without Phil Ligget, Paul Sherwen and Gary Imlach.

Wiggins will be the massive favorite but I wonder if the pressure on him will tell? Will it be easier for the likes of Schlek and Evans to mount a challenge with all eyes on wiggins?

Also doubt Cav will take the Green jersey this year, he will get his fair share of stage wins but can see him having to do more work for Wiggins and then will take it easy/pull out around the final week!

Italian Lambretta

Pierre Rolland my tip also.

He may get King of the mountains though if he can't keep up with Evans and wiggo.

Generally root for an Italian. Vincenzo Nabali won the Vuelta and would be my pick but I would love for Wiggins to win it so he's my man. Been watching since the days of Roche, Robert Millar and LeMond. Hope it's on ITV2. July wouldn't be the same without Phil Ligget, Paul Sherwen and Gary Imlach.

Its on ITV4 and Eurosport. :thumbsup:

BigCGilmour

Wiggins for me, rode with him in Majorca back in May, top bloke, top prep I believe. Porte, Froome and Mick Rogers have all done great in big tours previously, he's got a great team... A lot of other good teams out there, think this will be a great TdF, role on tomorrow...

Wiggins will be the massive favorite but I wonder if the pressure on him will tell? Will it be easier for the likes of Schlek and Evans to mount a challenge with all eyes on wiggins?

Also doubt Cav will take the Green jersey this year, he will get his fair share of stage wins but can see him having to do more work for Wiggins and then will take it easy/pull out around the final week!

Cavandish has lost four kilos in weight since last year as he is trying to do better in the endurance stages to get up the leader board. He said it will be much harder for him to win the sprint title as he does not have the strength he had.

BigCGilmour

I think Cav is in prep for the Olympic gold medal - he needs to be a bit lighter to get up the hill in the road race to give him a chance at the end!

Have a feeling he will not finish the Tour this year

Love le tour. Never thought I'd like any cycling race but here I am. Watch it religiously every year. Couldn't tell you who the contenders are but I'll enjoy it anyway.

I'll start watching when Le Tour hits the mountains, everything before that is just some blokes pissing about on poofs bikes.

Prologue just about to start on Eurosport. :thumbsup:

The race or just the programme starting?

Having to wait till 2 for ITV showing it.

Naecups1902

Prologue just about to start on Eurosport. :thumbsup:

Only downside, I can never make out a word Sean Kelly says

Either Wiggins or Cancellara today for me.

Yep, same here. Can't see past Cancellara though.

Only downside, I can never make out a word Sean Kelly says

:lol: He's not too bad.

Yep, same here. Can't see past Cancellara though.

Can't see past Cancellara either. :thumbsup:

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Cav has said he'll forego sprint victories to support Wiggins (Wiggins just got fastest time in the prologue but Cancellara and Evans up now)

5 weeks of top class cycling on the go as from today.

Personally I cant wait for the track stuff at the Olympics (got a big telly in the shop especiallly for this)

Cav has said he'll forego sprint victories to support Wiggins (Wiggins just got fastest time in the prologue but Cancellara and Evans up now)

5 weeks of top class cycling on the go as from today.

Personally I cant wait for the track stuff at the Olympics (got a big telly in the shop especiallly for this)

Cancellara totally destroyed everybody as usual. 7 seconds.

Good that Wiggins is 2nd. :thumbsup:

Naecups1902

Cancellara totally destroyed everybody as usual. 7 seconds.

Good that Wiggins is 2nd. :thumbsup:

Great ride by Wiggins

Cancellara is the king of the prologues

Great ride by Wiggins

Cancellara is the king of the prologues

Wiggins done really well. No loss as it's Cancellara. :thumbsup:

Can Cancellara get beaten on a prologue? No-one comes close imo. :thumbsup:

Italian Lambretta

Cancellara blew the opposition away but good result for wiggo on other favourites.

Greedy_Jambo

My old man is cycling daft but i've never been able to get into it.

I might give it a go this year. What channel has the best coverage?

Naecups1902

You'll get it on ITV4 OR eurosport

I was never really into it until I caught it about 10 years ago.

The tactics etc. Get you gripped. The amount of people who watch even the highlights and get hooked is amazing.

Greedy_Jambo

Oh aye. I see the prologue highlights start at 1pm on ITV4 followed by todays stage 1.

I think the last time i watched it Robert Millar was king of the mountains and Miguel Indurain couldn't be beaten lol.

Anybody fancy a stage predictor type guessing game. :-)

I don't think Cav will win today, too much going to happen in the pack if it's a bunch sprint so eary in the race.

Going for pettachi.

Archived