The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Further embarrassment 

Spelling mistake on Coulibaly strip that went on sale Saturday

Caulibaly printed lol

Noticed the BBC had Livingston spelled Livingstone yesterday when advertising the Radio Scotland coverage...SMS affecting MSM!

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Further embarrassment 

Spelling mistake on Coulibaly strip that went on sale Saturday

Caulibaly printed lol

just taking after the sfa who spelt stevie clarks name wrong when they sited him

AllyjamboDerbyshire
21 hours ago, YellowSub said:

The phoney concern on here for the taxman's bank balace is really cringe worthy IMO.

Garuanteed if I posted a link to a site that could cut your tax liability in half, if not better on here it would crash due to the traffic it would see. Spare me the self-righteous nonsense. 

If you posted a link to a site that could cut our tax liability in half I'd suggest you were trolling from Nigeria. Of course, there is many a dickhead would go look at such a site, and some of them might well be from a football club in Govan that's predecessor had a penchant for tax and football cheating. However, it matters not one jot what anyone on here might do tax-wise on a personal level, your now deceased club not only cheated the taxman, it cheated every club in Scottish football (and many in Europe) and so all of us on here also. As a result of that cheating your club very deservedly died. You should always remember that.

27 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

If you posted a link to a site that could cut our tax liability in half I'd suggest you were trolling from Nigeria. Of course, there is many a dickhead would go look at such a site, and some of them might well be from a football club in Govan that's predecessor had a penchant for tax and football cheating. However, it matters not one jot what anyone on here might do tax-wise on a personal level, your now deceased club not only cheated the taxman, it cheated every club in Scottish football (and many in Europe) and so all of us on here also. As a result of that cheating your club very deservedly died. You should always remember that.

And they let it die.  They walked away!

AllyjamboDerbyshire
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

And they let it die.  They walked away!

In truth, the debt was so overwhelming they could never have saved their club, but they might have tried to save it instead of digging out the pitchforks!

On 22/09/2018 at 22:38, YellowSub said:

The phoney concern on here for the taxman's bank balace is really cringe worthy IMO.

Garuanteed if I posted a link to a site that could cut your tax liability in half, if not better on here it would crash due to the traffic it would see. Spare me the self-righteous nonsense. 

Phoney concern?

Our Armed Forces are funded by the taxpayer. The money you bumped that led to your old club's death could have a direct effect on the amount of support our lads get.

No surprise you show no humiliation or understanding. 

Enjoy supporting your new soul-less club that has yet to win a trophy and I hope we extend thst winless period further. 

part_time_jambo
3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

just taking after the sfa who spelt stevie clarks name wrong when they sited him

You spelt cited wrong.

Sorry, beaten to it.

Edited by part_time_jambo

Depressing that Son of Taxdodger FC seems to be so strong this season. Yes, we can keep believing the likes of Phil Mac Gingganggooly that they're on the brink of death again, but he's been saying that for years now, and they are in two cups where any income is genuine income and not Bank of Season Book Sales.

Perhaps there will still be a massive shortfall but they've weathered that before. They're built on lies and fraud and financial jiggery-poery but it seems that in this incarnation they just won't die.

It is very depressing.

I say again, Jambos. Win this league. Win it for yourselves, but you will be applauded by all right-thinking individuals with the interests of Scottish football at heart.

1 minute ago, kirkierobroy said:

Depressing that Son of Taxdodger FC seems to be so strong this season. Yes, we can keep believing the likes of Phil Mac Gingganggooly that they're on the brink of death again, but he's been saying that for years now, and they are in two cups where any income is genuine income and not Bank of Season Book Sales.

Perhaps there will still be a massive shortfall but they've weathered that before. They're built on lies and fraud and financial jiggery-poery but it seems that in this incarnation they just won't die.

It is very depressing.

I say again, Jambos. Win this league. Win it for yourselves, but you will be applauded by all right-thinking individuals with the interests of Scottish football at heart.

Well said!!

Starting to get a bit depressing that perhaps; crime, poor principles and low standards might bring rewards!

13 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

It is very depressing.

Indeed. They're doing much better than I expected. Need taking down a peg or two!

2 hours ago, kirkierobroy said:

It is very depressing.

Totally agree. They have brought in some good players and they are much stronger than previous seasons. Depressing stuff. Hopefully they get torn to shreds in court for something or other and the financial situation worsens. 

On 29/09/2018 at 13:40, CJGJ said:

Not quite sure how the TOP and financial authorities are allowing this....

....it seems to me a bit like robbing a bank of more than you’ll need to pay the fine you’ll get - if you’re caught robbing a bank....?

On 29/09/2018 at 13:40, CJGJ said:

The only question I have is the phraseology used by RIFC.

RIFC discussed the placing with the Takeover Panel before completing the issue and can confirm that the Panel did not at the time of the placing regard any of the ‘new’ placees as acting in concert with those previously deemed concert parties by the Panel.

The sentence doesn't require "at the time of the placing" to be included, unless the TOP has subsequently questioned the independence of one or more of the placees.  Something perhaps to look out for in future TOP legal hearings.

Edited by Footballfirst

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 14:41, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

In truth, the debt was so overwhelming they could never have saved their club, but they might have tried to save it instead of digging out the pitchforks!

How could they have tried to save it? Form a FOH type structure but on a grander scale? They had, regrettably, a huge fan base. How long would it have taken to pay off the debt with some HMRC repayment schedule plan? Could they have pulled in 10m a year from fans?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

How could they have tried to save it? Form a FOH type structure but on a grander scale? They had, regrettably, a huge fan base. How long would it have taken to pay off the debt with some HMRC repayment schedule plan? Could they have pulled in 10m a year from fans?

Rangers debt was ultimately well over £100m, so to save the club from liquidation they would have had to find it all rather quickly, not £10m a year, but £100m within months, and Rangers supporters were not going to put up that kind of money (even if it was possible) while not winning trophies. Of course, they could have, at least, tried, but they didn't, and that's the difference between supporters who really love their club, and those who just love winning - with a pathological superiority complex.

7 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Rangers debt was ultimately well over £100m, so to save the club from liquidation they would have had to find it all rather quickly, not £10m a year, but £100m within months, and Rangers supporters were not going to put up that kind of money (even if it was possible) while not winning trophies. Of course, they could have, at least, tried, but they didn't, and that's the difference between supporters who really love their club, and those who just love winning - with a pathological superiority complex.

I know where you're coming from but if you were a creditor and knew that in reality your options were  a share (dependent on the overall %age of your claim) of the full amount owed had fans of deidco done similar to FOH, or a %age of a far lower amount, I know where I would have stood had I been a creditor. Even given the HMRC's know stand, had the huns fans genuinely got something together in the same vein, they cold have at least asked some awkward questions of HMRC. I guess it really all goes down to the mentality of your average Hun.

It was never going to be possible for Rangers to escape liquidation, particularly with HMRC's stance regarding deliberate and dishonest action by the club in its tax dealings.

What should have been possible for the fans, was as Green achieved, the purchase of the assets of the club including Ibrox and the squad.  FOH has already raised much more that Green paid.  With the right leadership, a Rangers "foundation" could then have been able to seek investment funds from RRM.  Whether or not they would have progressed as far or as quickly is a moot point, but it might not have had to rely on the same amount of debt funding.

On 13/09/2018 at 19:58, jock _turd said:

Rangers are deid get over it Sevco have not won a major honour in their 5 Year history and even the thug posing as the Messiah will win them **** all ,hope they do the share issue it will cover about half of their debts then they will have nowhere to turn

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

It was never going to be possible for Rangers to escape liquidation, particularly with HMRC's stance regarding deliberate and dishonest action by the club in its tax dealings.

What should have been possible for the fans, was as Green achieved, the purchase of the assets of the club including Ibrox and the squad.  FOH has already raised much more that Green paid.  With the right leadership, a Rangers "foundation" could then have been able to seek investment funds from RRM.  Whether or not they would have progressed as far or as quickly is a moot point, but it might not have had to rely on the same amount of debt funding.

100% correct, Rangers knew WELL in advance what was coming, I worked at HMRC at the time and although not allowed by law to say anything Deadco were well aware of what was coming, done nothing.

Just like their fans when it did, so much unlike our own.

24 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

100% correct, Rangers knew WELL in advance what was coming, I worked at HMRC at the time and although not allowed by law to say anything Deadco were well aware of what was coming, done nothing.

I'd guess that not many Hearts fans will be aware that HMRC also voted against Hearts CVA for the same reason.  Vlad had deliberately avoided paying tax on some of Hearts players by effectively saying that they were Lithuanian residents for tax purposes.

Fortunately, HMRC only held a relatively small proportion of Hearts unsecured debts, so was unable to force the club into liquidation.

The CVA Proposal ("the Proposal"), as modified, was agreed at meetings of both Creditors and Members of the Company which were held at Tynecastle Stadium on 29 November 2013. The CVA was approved by 87.39% of creditors with claims admitted for voting purposes by value and voting.  12.61% of  Creditors with claims admitted for voting purposes voted against the proposals.

Edited by Footballfirst

24 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Murray offered HMRC £10 million to walk away. Unfortunately they were the main creditor and didn't walk away. 

We know HMRC will chase the employee (player) when the employer defaults in situations like EBT.  That covers those ex Rangers players resident in UK who gained EBT benefit.  There seemed to be some doubt on here however about ex-players now resident abroad.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I have just come across legislation suggesting EU based ex-players will still be chased under the Mutual Assistance Recovery Directives and perhaps this link might throw some light on the matter.

Questions and answers on recovery of taxes in other Member States

One assumes that players not resident in Europe are still off the hook.

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We know HMRC will chase the employee (player) when the employer defaults in situations like EBT.  That covers those ex Rangers players resident in UK who gained EBT benefit.  There seemed to be some doubt on here however about ex-players now resident abroad.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I have just come across legislation suggesting EU based ex-players will still be chased under the Mutual Assistance Recovery Directives and perhaps this link might throw some light on the matter.

Questions and answers on recovery of taxes in other Member States

One assumes that players not resident in Europe are still off the hook.

They'll be praying for brexit to happen soon then.

The Future's Maroon
On 01/10/2018 at 00:50, NANOJAMBO said:

Murray offered HMRC £10 million to walk away. Unfortunately they were the main creditor and didn't walk away. 

I wouldn’t imagine they would be under the circumstances, Oldco could/should have made so so much more effort....there was a chance at one point they could have avoided the end result, years before, but someone somewhere DECIDED not too.

41 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

If that defence angle stands up in court there seems to be a serious flaw in the system.

Court says "do this"

DK says I have no money.

Court says "you do, pay it"

DK then releases statements to Rangers fans saying he won't be doing it (I'm sure that happened, correct me if I'm wrong), does nothing.

Court holds him in contempt

DK solicitor argues he wasn't "deliberately in contempt".

:Aye:

9 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

If that defence angle stands up in court there seems to be a serious flaw in the system.

Court says "do this"

DK says I have no money.

DK then releases statements to Rangers fans saying he won't be doing it (I'm sure that happened, correct me if I'm wrong), does nothing.

That's the way I look at it too. If the court says "do something" and you don't do it, and you don't have a good reason for not doing it, then you should be held in contempt of court. But then again, I'm not a lawyer. ;)

AllyjamboDerbyshire
33 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

Court says "do this"

DK says I have no money.

I think you missed out the bit where he announced he would comply with the order using the millions he got from his Micromega dividend, making it clear he had the money all the time and that he had lied to the court about his impecuniosity, but then contrived an excuse not to proceed because he couldn't get the required funds into the UK.

It will be interesting when counsel for the TOP put their case, and, I assume, list the number of times King has caused delays with spurious appeals and unfulfilled promises that will show, surely, that he has been deliberately contemptuous throughout the proceedings.

His lawyer's argument seems to be that the standard to be met to prove contempt is not simply that the order hasn't been complied with--rather, it needs to be shown that it was flouted explicitly and intentionally, beyond a reasonable doubt.

I am far from an expert on Scots law, but in American law, I would disagree. I would say, the fact that the order hasn't been complied with is quite easily shown beyond a reasonable doubt, and that is the only criterion for determining if King has committed contempt of court. That would mean it is now King's responsibility to raise a defence to show why he shouldn't be held liable.

Not sure how it works here, but it makes little sense to me that you'd have to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt except that the order hasn't been complied with, and if the defendant wants excused from punishment, he needs to demonstrate why that was not possible. So I'm hoping this is just a desperate long shot.

43 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I think you missed out the bit where he announced he would comply with the order using the millions he got from his Micromega dividend, making it clear he had the money all the time and that he had lied to the court about his impecuniosity, but then contrived an excuse not to proceed because he couldn't get the required funds into the UK.

It will be interesting when counsel for the TOP put their case, and, I assume, list the number of times King has caused delays with spurious appeals and unfulfilled promises that will show, surely, that he has been deliberately contemptuous throughout the proceedings.

Oh I missed out loads, most of which was Dave King contradicting what he said inside court, outside of court. The simple fact of the matter is, we all "know" he's in contempt of court, but his lawyer may well manage to find an angle that argues he technically isn't. Which would be very Rangers, both new and old.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, JamboJen said:

Oh I missed out loads, most of which was Dave King contradicting what he said inside court, outside of court. The simple fact of the matter is, we all "know" he's in contempt of court, but his lawyer may well manage to find an angle that argues he technically isn't. Which would be very Rangers, both new and old.

I agree, but the TOP counsel would have to be rather incompetent if they cannot show just how contemptuous King has been throughout the whole process, including how he lied in court by claiming impecuniosity then turning up with a dividend of, from memory, £14m. A dividend that indicated a wealth far greater than that figure.

It seems to me that King's counsel are not claiming that there was no contempt of court, just that it was not criminal contempt, and that for it to be 'criminal' there must have been 'wilful defiance of the court'. Well lying in court is pretty 'wilful' and to then announce he was complying with the ruling, but to fail to do so, must also be 'wilful', regardless of what difficulties (that would be known to him throughout the whole process) he may claim to have encountered. He has also had plenty of time to come up with the cash in the meantime, surely an indication that he has absolutely no intention of complying with the TOP ruling.

His every action has been in defiance of authority, hopefully that will be recognised by the court, and an end put to it, but like you, I acknowledge that those who do wrong around Ibrox seem to get away with it time and time again - just maybe this time...

43 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I agree, but the TOP counsel would have to be rather incompetent if they cannot show just how contemptuous King has been throughout the whole process, including how he lied in court by claiming impecuniosity then turning up with a dividend of, from memory, £14m. A dividend that indicated a wealth far greater than that figure.

It seems to me that King's counsel are not claiming that there was no contempt of court, just that it was not criminal contempt, and that for it to be 'criminal' there must have been 'wilful defiance of the court'. Well lying in court is pretty 'wilful' and to then announce he was complying with the ruling, but to fail to do so, must also be 'wilful', regardless of what difficulties (that would be known to him throughout the whole process) he may claim to have encountered. He has also had plenty of time to come up with the cash in the meantime, surely an indication that he has absolutely no intention of complying with the TOP ruling.

His every action has been in defiance of authority, hopefully that will be recognised by the court, and an end put to it, but like you, I acknowledge that those who do wrong around Ibrox seem to get away with it time and time again - just maybe this time...

King appears to have contempt for any law which he chooses to ignore from tax law to distribution contracts to the Companies Act on takeovers...

Herald headline today (doesn’t seem to be a link:

”Contempt charge against Rangers chair “incompetent””

Somehow I think there’s comedic potential in there ...

Anyone?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
21 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

Herald headline today (doesn’t seem to be a link:

”Contempt charge against Rangers chair “incompetent””

Somehow I think there’s comedic potential in there ...

Anyone?

Two things wrong with that headline (at least). Dave King is not TRFC's 'chair', if he was the SFA would have lost one of the many 'Rangers' court cases (brought by Mike Ashley), and the only person saying the charge is 'incompetent' is the accused himself, via his counsel. Still, the target customers of the Herald will lap it up - might even buy a copy or two. 

1 hour ago, jambovambo said:

TGASL Does whatever he wants he is like a slippy fox he always slithers a way out this has been dragging on for months i think he cares not a jot.

On 03/10/2018 at 17:13, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

King isn't - allegedly- paying his legal costs for this so he will happily piss other fools money way on this vanity project. Ultimately this whole farce isn't going to cost him anything - I've got no doubt he will just refuse to comply and stir up the "nobody likes us we don't care" mentality and ignore any court ruling. 

He will not pay the price of any TOP ruling in terms of buying out shareholders. He will not do it , he doesn't want to, likely can't afford to. It's financial suicide for him. 

He is going to be the easiest test case in history for the TOP to establish it's credentials (or lack of).  I'd say he is going to show just how toothless  and unregulated the stock market really is. He has no skin in the UK and he lives overseas. He's unpunishable. 

3 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

Honestly the number of fronts they find themselves fighting on ...;

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15439317.Rangers_win_legal_fight_against_street_trader_over_RFC_logo/

He claimed the letters “RFC” were not exclusive to the Glasgow club as they had been used by rugby football clubs for many years and said they should not be allowed a monopoly on them.

Mr Campbell also claimed he could face criminal prosecution if the club were allowed to trademark the initials which he said were not used on any official merchandise.

However, the UK Intellectual Property Office (IPO), which rules on trademark disputes, has found in favour of the Ibrox club.

Guess he and the other unofficial merchandise sellers will just have to start using TRFC. :lol:

AllyjamboDerbyshire
8 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

King isn't - allegedly- paying his legal costs for this so he will happily piss other fools money way on this vanity project. Ultimately this whole farce isn't going to cost him anything - I've got no doubt he will just refuse to comply and stir up the "nobody likes us we don't care" mentality and ignore any court ruling. 

He will not pay the price of any TOP ruling in terms of buying out shareholders. He will not do it , he doesn't want to, likely can't afford to. It's financial suicide for him. 

He is going to be the easiest test case in history for the TOP to establish it's credentials (or lack of).  I'd say he is going to show just how toothless  and unregulated the stock market really is. He has no skin in the UK and he lives overseas. He's unpunishable. 

While I agree with your assessment of King, I don't think there is any evidence (other than conjecture) that RIFC/TRFC will be picking up the tab for this court case, though I am sure he will try hard to work it that they do. It has to be remembered that the whole purpose of the TOP is to ensure the small shareholders are protected, and allowing King to use their money to pay for his own wrong doings would not be doing that. On the other hand, I do think there is evidence that King can afford to both pay the legal costs and put up the £11m he is required to do, because he recently received a dividend of £14m+ from his shares in Micromega which would indicate that, not only does he have £14m+ in some bank account, he also holds the shares in Micromega that were of sufficient value to provide that huge dividend (though it was from the sale of the company's most profitable arm and so the shares, themselves, will be reduced in value).

Of course, King doesn't want to spend that money on TRFC, and so probably won't, regardless of what the court rules, and that's what matters for the future of his club, and we don't know what other debts he has or what money making plans he might have earmarked the money for. However rich he might be, I very much doubt he wants to risk losing £11m on a distinctly loss making venture.

In my opinion, he won't comply, whatever the court rules, and the lawyers will be hard pressed to get their fees from him as he will never return to the UK again to avoid imprisonment (in the event he doesn't pay). We have no way of knowing what the effect will be on TRFC, but one thing's for sure, it won't be good (unless it sparks a very rich bear into taking the club over).

• Maple Leaf locked this topic