The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
6 hours ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Fair enough. It was a bit OTT.

Mind me to jump to your defence next time some Sevco interloper trolls you.

Please feel free to quote everyone else that jumped to his defence though, just so they know you think theyre crawlers aswell.

I'm sure they can read between the lines and work it out 

44 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

The overseas based players could choose not to pay. Not sure what sanctions are available and what could happen to them if they ever entered the UK. 

They can choose to go after the liquidation pot for some of what they're owed. Again I'm not sure whether as ex employees they'd get preferred creditor status or at least first call on a percentage of the liquidation pot. Remember the liquidators are going after Duff & Phelps for damages related to the administration. 

Finally they could go through the SFA and claim to be football creditors and therefore legitimately go after Newco on the basis of the side letters being tantamount to a contract (even though the letter states the EBT payments are non contractual). 

We'll see. 

I'd imagine guys like De Boer wouldn't want to have their lives restricted in the way that could happen if they simply ignore the bills. 

19 minutes ago, farin said:

As all the ebt recipients have a letter of indemnity from the club. They could get their lawyers to ask the club to pay the tax. They are claiming to be the same club that issued those endemnity letters/assurances to the players in the 1st after all. ? 

it’s the old chestnut of 

titles & trophies = same club

debts = newco.  

It's an interesting discussion point.  The reference most used by the "same club" advocates was LNS, so it instructive to note that when describing a "Club", he said:

"While it no doubt depends on individual circumstances what exactly is comprised in the undertaking of any particular Club, it would at the least comprise its name, the contracts with its players, its manager and other staff, and its ground, even though these may change from time to time."

So if LNS and the same club advocates are right, then it should be a slam dunk for the EBT recipients to make a claim against the Newco in respect of their contracts. Even LNS agreed that the EBT arrangements should have been disclosed as part of their contractual remuneration and the Club was fined £250,000, a sum ultimately paid by the Newco.

Glamorgan Jambo

If I was them I'd go straight to the SFA and ask them to intervene and enforce what surely is footballing debt same as all player salaries at the time of insolvency. 

Going to the courts and trying to prove same club legally would be difficult. in my opinion anyway. 

6 hours ago, farin said:

Thats is the road I’d be going down, you’d think their lawyers would be exploring this option rather than advising their clients to prepare to be hit by a massive Hmrc bill tbh. 

Opening up up the same club debate, footballing debt & possibly the 5wa agreement in the process is an interesting side issue too. 

This ffs. 

Seymour M Hersh
On 08/09/2018 at 09:03, Ski Nae said:

Football First is clearly a truth-seeker, someone who values justice, and someone kind enough to share the findings of his research.

I'm sure there's a song in there somewhere!! 

10 hours ago, farin said:

Thats is the road I’d be going down, you’d think their lawyers would be exploring this option rather than advising their clients to prepare to be hit by a massive Hmrc bill tbh. 

Opening up up the same club debate, footballing debt & possibly the 5wa agreement in the process is an interesting side issue too. 

Or if they are still paying some form of union dues, they would take their case up too.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 minutes ago, farin said:

Mind the time the press tipped Warburton as the next England manager. ?

I know. They seem to be unaware that the huns are pish. 

1 hour ago, farin said:

Comedy gold. ?

B492FA48-5539-4CF6-8C82-BE9A708594BF.jpeg.ea1ad10b0597939cfc7ad3850abd49de.jpeg

A manager who has led a club with a goliath of a budget to a catastrophic 25% win rate, in a footballing backwater.

Sounds legit

1 hour ago, farin said:

Comedy gold. ?

B492FA48-5539-4CF6-8C82-BE9A708594BF.jpeg.ea1ad10b0597939cfc7ad3850abd49de.jpeg

This is brilliant. Southgate still has two years left on his contract. So nothing to see here. Move along please. 

21 hours ago, JamboAl said:

If the club had paid the tax on behalf that would constitute additional remuneration and would be taxed accordingly.  

I know. 

Boy at my work's partner works for HMRC with the EBT cases, and is involved in a big case relating to Rangers. She told him that her case will be in the news in the next couple of days. **** knows, just passing on what he said.

1 minute ago, Bez said:

Boy at my work's partner works for HMRC with the EBT cases, and is involved in a big case relating to Rangers. She told him that her case will be in the news in the next couple of days. **** knows, just passing on what he said.

If true (not doubting you) then ooft

6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

If true (not doubting you) then ooft

She is a lawyer at HMRC apparently. Just purely passing on what he brought up in conversation. No idea whatsoever of the veracity of it. Hope so though. :D

14 minutes ago, Bez said:

This is what I have mentioned a couple of times in the past. Hector has never taken his eyes off "Rangers" for years and has been gradually collecting evidence etc to hopefully scupper the Govan tribute act. My relative who works in HMRC has been giving me snippets of info now and again no longer works with the people who have been involved in the case so the flow of info has virtually died up from that source but it is highly encouraging that others within HMRC have confirmed, more or less, what is happening. Popcorn time ahead!!

13 minutes ago, Bez said:

She is a lawyer at HMRC apparently. Just purely passing on what he brought up in conversation. No idea whatsoever of the veracity of it. Hope so though. :D

Veracity thats a big word for you on a Tuesday...... Would be fun tho , wouldn’t it , might fit with the insanity of the Scottish Sun article.

Edited by sadj

Just now, sadj said:

Veracity thats a big word for you on a Tuesday...... Would be fun tho , wouldn’t it , might fit with the insanity of the Scottish Sun article.

I know that she does work there, and that she’s a lawyer. I also know she was definitely working on the EBT cases. Short of that, I know **** all, other than what he said. 

Said something about a certain thick as **** former Man U player and his skinny miserable missus annaw... we shall see I suppose.

35 minutes ago, Bez said:

Nothing like some insider info eh?

2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Nothing like some insider info eh?

Meh, we shall see I suppose. Got the impression it was more to do with individuals and EBTs than anything that would affect Sevco however. Shame, I’d rather they were forced back in to the shite personally.

13 minutes ago, Bez said:

Meh, we shall see I suppose. Got the impression it was more to do with individuals and EBTs than anything that would affect Sevco however. Shame, I’d rather they were forced back in to the shite personally.

I was meaning that your 'source' seems to be spilling the beans on possibly confidential work matters. Probably not the smartest thing to do if this is true and they value their job.

10 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I was meaning that your 'source' seems to be spilling the beans on possibly confidential work matters. Probably not the smartest thing to do if this is true and they value their job.

This. Not particularly clever of her boyfriend either, nor of Bez.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

She will likely have signed a confidentiality agreement as part of her contract.  But not as if the media read JKB, is it.

i am baffled as to where this phil mac ( funny name ) gets his information he makes out it comes direct from the Blue Room which if true surely they would try to find out the source and shut it down, the other option is he just makes it up.

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2018/09/11/why-the-devil-is-still-in-the-retail-for-sevco/#more-12317

23 minutes ago, redjambo said:

TBF he hasn't actually said anything other than a vague role they might have

1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

TBF he hasn't actually said anything other than a vague role they might have

Indeed. Frankly it could be that their office lottery syndicate won and that they are urgently seeking extra Christmas staff.

Meanwhile, not much to report from the CoS this morning in the TOP v King case.

The October 3rd date was confirmed for a one day debate on the points if law relating to contempt. Lady Wolffe confirmed that her hubby, the Lord Advocate, would not be attending in person.

Counsel for King mentioned that there were issues as to whether King could be compelled to give evidence and potentially incriminate himself. He also questioned the burden of proof required for civil cases.

Lady Wolffe intimated that there was a possibility of the case being heard "in another place" (criminal court?)

King's counsel went on to mention the new share issue but seemed unsure whether or not TOP would require an offer to be made for the new shares. He said something along the lines of "making an offer for our shares" (that could be interpreted as the new shares taken up by third parties being viewed as part of the Concert Party holding).

Dates have been set aside for the substantive proof hearing to take place on 29/30 November. 

Edited by Footballfirst

In the other football related court case today about the damage to the advertising boards following the exuberant 2016 cup final riot, there was a surprising turn of events.

There was an early adjournment as a result of technical problems transferring video, image and document files from a USB stick onto a laptop.  During the break in proceedings, The Football Company received, and accepted, an offer of £300k plus costs from Glasgow CC. They had claimed £550k.

I was disappointed that I didn't get to see the video recordings of the damage occurring, as it would have given an indication of which set of "Scottish supporters", or both, were responsible.

Edited by Footballfirst

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

In the other football related court case today about the damage to the advertising boards following the exuberant 2016 cup final riot, there was a surprising turn of events.

There was an early adjournment as a result of technical problems transferring video, image and document files from a USB stick onto a laptop.  During the break in proceedings, The Football Company received, and accepted, an offer of £300k plus costs from Glasgow CC. They had claimed £550k.

I was disappointed that I didn't get to see the video recordings of the damage occurring, as it would have given an indication of which set of "Scottish supporters", or both, were responsible.

Irresponsible, shurely. ;)

BRAVEHEART1874
On 08/09/2018 at 13:54, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Because 200% OF 15 to 25 yo hearts fans are Loyalists? And the other 1% don't care.

aw naw the gorgie fist loyal are on the thread :) did you poll the 15 chaps and then decide every one and their dog is the same :)

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Irresponsible, shurely. ;)

Over exuberant  Shirley!

jack D and coke
7 hours ago, tntjambo said:

i am baffled as to where this phil mac ( funny name ) gets his information he makes out it comes direct from the Blue Room which if true surely they would try to find out the source and shut it down, the other option is he just makes it up.

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2018/09/11/why-the-devil-is-still-in-the-retail-for-sevco/#more-12317

He wants locking up that weirdo. 

Theres obsession and then there’s that dude. 

On 08/09/2018 at 05:44, redjambo said:

So what's your agenda then? I assume you're a supporter from another club, although I can't quite figure out which. I suppose it will all come out over time.

Not sure about a supporter of another club but as soon as that poster appeared a assumed they were the reincarnation of "Hearts First", who was very similar in posting style and opinion.

I Have several sevconians that i know who have purchased the new tops from the Barras 25 quid a pop for the orange one made in Turkey very poor quality one of them put the top in the wash and it fell apart the others have opted not to wash the tops.?

On 11/09/2018 at 15:34, Jeff said:

calm doon - there is nothing confidential about what he passed on. 

Just now, Spellczech said:

calm doon - there is nothing confidential about what he passed on. 

There quite clearly was. I'm sure their employer wouldn't just laugh that sort of thing off.

Anyways it means nothing to us so no point bickering

40 minutes ago, Jeff said:

There quite clearly was. I'm sure their employer wouldn't just laugh that sort of thing off.

Anyways it means nothing to us so no point bickering

? No, there really wasn't. Wasn't even so much as a PR saying "watch this space, news coming"

25 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

? No, there really wasn't. Wasn't even so much as a PR saying "watch this space, news coming"

Apart from the blatent David Beckham reference

3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Apart from the blatent David Beckham reference

That was in the Sundays last week - that people who avoid tax get blacklisted from honours list, with a big photo of Beckham...

No big jump of imagination to suppose that HMRC have an eye on the likes of him re possibility of evasion too.

On 11/09/2018 at 15:15, Bez said:

Said something about a certain thick as **** former Man U player and his skinny miserable missus annaw... we shall see I suppose.

Would that be the multi millionaire, friend of the rich and famous, raised millions for charity, thick as **** **** or a different one ?

25 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Would that be the multi millionaire, friend of the rich and famous, raised millions for charity, thick as **** **** or a different one ?

No idea. Could be literally dozens of folk going by the description.

3 hours ago, Spellczech said:

That was in the Sundays last week - that people who avoid tax get blacklisted from honours list, with a big photo of Beckham...

No big jump of imagination to suppose that HMRC have an eye on the likes of him re possibility of evasion too.

Is Beckham a UK resident for tax purposes?

34 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Is Beckham a UK resident for tax purposes?

No idea. Guessing that he was for last few years but he may be in the US now. Hard for us to keep track of these rich people as borders mean nothing to them.

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

He would have been when playing at ManU.

That was 15 years ago.

He has played most of his career since then out of the UK .

9 hours ago, tntjambo said:

I Have several sevconians that i know who have purchased the new tops from the Barras 25 quid a pop for the orange one made in Turkey very poor quality one of them put the top in the wash and it fell apart the others have opted not to wash the tops.?

there were loads on display in Marmaris when I was there a couple of months ago, and a lot cheaper than £25 there.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic