The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

12 hours ago, jambovambo said:

“unwittingly” ...

”I’ve not touched the money .. I was concerned it would lead to trouble”...

Right

ok

Well, if they’ve not touched the money, it’ll still be there for them to use to pay off HMRC - simples..!

32 minutes ago, The Gasman said:

Well, if they’ve not touched the money, it’ll still be there for them to use to pay off HMRC - simples..!

If they have not touched the money then they will still be laughing as HMRC only want 40 % and have NOT applied penalties nor interest , as long as they cough the money up now, which is incredibly reasonable of them!

so for the likes of Boyd who received £250, 000, - he owes them £100,000, and keeps the rest- not an insurmountable sum.

Just now, doctor jambo said:

If they have not touched the money then they will still be laughing as HMRC only want 40 % and have NOT applied penalties nor interest , as long as they cough the money up now, which is incredibly reasonable of them!

so for the likes of Boyd who received £250, 000, - he owes them £100,000, and keeps the rest- not an insurmountable sum.

McLeish will be the interesting one and what he does about it.  The media won't pose the question though

1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

McLeish will be the interesting one and what he does about it.  The media won't pose the question though

That is where the media up here differ from their counterparts down South who would be all over this like a rash.

7 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Given the time span, if they invested the money well, they will be able to repay HMRC with the investment return...

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Given the time span, if they invested the money well, they will be able to repay HMRC with the investment return...

he received £1.7 million........

he only owes then about £700,000 that he needs to repay before April in its entirety before penalties and interest kick in

18 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

That is where the media up here differ from their counterparts down South who would be all over this like a rash.

If it was any other club than Rangers, they would be all over it up here as well.

Tax isn't negotiable, ignorance isn't an excuse. Any one of us would have to pay tax on that money. 

The PAYE stem is foisted on me Spiers, does that mean I don't have to pay? Away to ****!

15 minutes ago, RobNox said:

If it was any other club than Rangers, they would be all over it up here as well.

It's the major problem here. Very few will take them on. Either driven by fear or in most cases complete sycophants. So much of this whole story should have been completely covered by journalists  eager to expose the truth, but in truth most of the time all we get from most of them is stories aimed at deflecting attention. Only Tom English is worth reading these days, Spiers has become little more that a cheer leader for Sevco sadly.

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

It's the major problem here. Very few will take them on. Either driven by fear or in most cases complete sycophants. So much of this whole story should have been completely covered by journalists  eager to expose the truth, but in truth most of the time all we get from most of them is stories aimed at deflecting attention. Only Tom English is worth reading these days, Spiers has become little more that a cheer leader for Sevco sadly.

Well, you see what happens to anyone who offers any sort of criticism ... death threats FFS.

5 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

Well, you see what happens to anyone who offers any sort of criticism ... death threats FFS.

Quite

Both the OF have a large following of utter scumbags

Almost anywhere in the country I have worked, if you encounter someone who is the utter dregs of humanity from Aberdeen to Dumfries and everywhere in between, they will invariably follow one side or the other

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Depending on the investment they put it in, if any, then they may well have a Capital Gains liability on accessing it as well.

Bringing the sectarian divide of two self important and tawdry football clubs from a provincial City in to the domain of government, and using it as a way attacking your political opponents? ?

See if we ever do get Independence, I’d be keen for us to swap the entire Glasgow and Lanarkshire regions with somewhere nice in England. An absolute mire of small minded arseholery.

1 minute ago, Bez said:

Bringing the sectarian divide of two self important and tawdry football clubs from a provincial City in to the domain of government, and using it as a way attacking your political opponents? ?

See if we ever do get Independence, I’d be keen for us to swap the entire Glasgow and Lanarkshire regions with somewhere nice in England. An absolute mire of small minded arseholery.

Spot on. They are ill through there. 

East coast independence! 

I’d be keen for us to swap the entire Glasgow and Lanarkshire regions with somewhere nice in England. An absolute mire of small minded arseholery.

Borderline racism. Rangers and Celtic draw their support from right across the country. Their 'supporters' outnumber any supporters for local teams in Wick, Inverness, Dumfries, Stranraer, Motherwell and anywhere except, probably, Embra, Dundee and Aberdeen. And, of course, there are their scary Irish followings. Those of us in the West who support other teams loathe them more than anyone else. By all means be a Glasgow-hater (nae skin off my nose) but you could nuke the entire west of Scotland and the Old Firm monster wouldn't die, though hopefully if you did they're relocate to Dublin and Belfast which is where they really belong.

5 hours ago, jambovambo said:

So true.  But what happened to courageous journalism. Seekers of truth and justice and all that? 

Squeezing the Orc masses for every penny for the Europa League games.....£105 for 3 game adult package

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-rangers-reveal-europa-league-13187591.amp

They play Livvy away on the Sunday and Austria Vienna at home on the Thursday before we visit Ibrox. We have St Johnstone at home on the Saturday so should be significantly fresher and ready to go!

Rangers star Ryan Jack calls for Willie Collum to be demoted by SFA

they will not let him away with that comment, will they?

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, jamboz said:

Not only will he get away with it but they will probably comply with his request. 

I actually hope this happens.

18 hours ago, Bez said:

:facepalm:

19 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Spot on. They are ill through there. 

East coast independence! 

Superb idea , lets stretch it to Newcastle so we have a holiday destination. And stop it short of Peterhead

Edited by sadj

18 hours ago, kirkierobroy said:

I’d be keen for us to swap the entire Glasgow and Lanarkshire regions with somewhere nice in England. An absolute mire of small minded arseholery.

Borderline racism. Rangers and Celtic draw their support from right across the country. Their 'supporters' outnumber any supporters for local teams in Wick, Inverness, Dumfries, Stranraer, Motherwell and anywhere except, probably, Embra, Dundee and Aberdeen. And, of course, there are their scary Irish followings. Those of us in the West who support other teams loathe them more than anyone else. By all means be a Glasgow-hater (nae skin off my nose) but you could nuke the entire west of Scotland and the Old Firm monster wouldn't die, though hopefully if you did they're relocate to Dublin and Belfast which is where they really belong.

Just move to the East Coast and enjoy our independence and non OF happiness

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Just move to the East Coast and enjoy our independence and non OF happiness

Quite. No brainier imo. I also recommend a census where all people must return to their city/town/villiage of birth and give their details to the local council. All OF fans living in the East, or North or South of the Clydebank area to be shipped off to Glasgow to live in camps until they can be properly processed. The homes they vacate can be fumigated and given to non-OF supporting people from the East.

Not sure how anyone can object to this 100% serious suggestion? What could possibly go wrong?

Alternatively, rather than the above, we could simply treat these two ****ing cancerous institutions with the disdain they deserve and not allow their pathetic shite near the doors of our parliament, and get on with actual grown up politics, where the opinions of simpletons who define themselves by the colour of tee shirt they wear are not raised to a level of more importance than is necessary?

5 hours ago, Miami vice said:

Rangers star Ryan Jack calls for Willie Collum to be demoted by SFA

they will not let him away with that comment, will they?

Would have agreed to this a few a few yearsago but have been impressed with him the last few games

he is certainly not the worst out there

16 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Would have agreed to this a few a few yearsago but have been impressed with him the last few games

he is certainly not the worst out there

It's a co-ordinated campaign. Although the result was only 1-0 to Celtic. The reality is Celtic blew them off the park and Sevco could have no complaints if the final score had been 6-0 in favour of Celtic. It started with Gerrard's rant after their game at Pittodrie. We all know Jamba the Tray nor and level 5 are behind it. It must come as a shock to them to realise that contrary to what they think. We are not buttoned up the back. It  really is time to dig heels in and continue to stand up against them and their counterparts from the east side of that provincial city.

45 minutes ago, tntjambo said:

compliance officer take a bow?

Im assuming hes been charged , can’t see it anywhere though

It’s all over several papers. That doesn’t happen by accident. 

Stinks of Jabba. 

Imagine a Hearts player in Romanov years getting away with something like that?

no. 

Edited by jambovambo

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Superb idea , lets stretch it to Newcastle so we have a holiday destination. And stop it short of Peterhead

as a Geordie, amen to that 

need the sweaty shilling in the North east, Whitley Bay gone right down hill 

8 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

It’s all over several papers. That doesn’t happen by accident. 

Stinks of Jabba. 

Imagine a Hearts player in Romanov years getting away with something like that?

no. 

If Sevco distance themselves from Jack,s comments or don,t  disapprove in some way then there is also on their part implied criticism of the referee. Talk about trying to deflect on what was a comprehensive defeat. For what it is worth I think it was a foul but it happened in an area of the pitch where they had sufficient time to defend the situation. It was not as bad a tackle as the incident with Brown on Cochrane in a similar spot when Celtic also scored against us.The irony is that Jack has had red cards rescinded in the not too distant past for much worse offences. There seems to an ongoing conflict in their thinking process Siege mentality as against " No one likes us we don,t care."

1 hour ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Is Jack guilty of disrepute? Where's the compliance officer and her look at McGregor's kick.

My thoughts as soon as I read that, all this is total deflection from their crappy inept performance at the weekend.

The SFA has to clamp down on Jack for his comments.  You cannot have players coming out claiming for refs to be demoted.

4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

The SFA has to clamp down on Jack for his comments.  You cannot have players coming out claiming for refs to be demoted.

This is only the start of the media wing's contribution to Rangers' all-out attempt to overtake Celtic this season. Expect crap like this to step up a level. If there is any reaction by the SFA against Jack then it will be seen in the Rangers camp as yet another example of institutional bias against them - it will help bind the hordes together and get more money from them (funny that, the Europa League tickets are on sale at the moment) as well as encourage them to put even more pressure on those who oppose the mighty Rangers. A win-win for them. Incredible to think that the rest of Scottish football (not all the fans, admittedly) wanted these feckers back.

If I was ref I'd have let Jack talk to me and told him to stop whining, diving, feigning injury and lying on the ground like a pathetic little dead worm.

Cairneyhill Jambo
2 hours ago, farin said:

He needs his own sponsor for it.. 

C2A311E9-8881-4274-AE1C-DC3F1A0C781C.thumb.jpeg.29c54ef900c442e0b911bb411d2540b4.jpeg

And Shagger gets off with it.

That's a surprise eh?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45409871

Allan McGregor will not face any action from the Scottish FA after an altercation with Celtic's Kristoffer Ajer on Sunday.

It was alleged the Rangers goalkeeper kicked out at the Celtic defender during the first half of the 1-0 win for Brendan Rodgers' side.

However, McGregor, 36, will not face a notice of complaint.

Three former match officials were consulted but did not reach a unanimous agreement to take the matter forward.

Edited by Cairneyhill Jambo

3 hours ago, RobNox said:

Just like you can't have players kicking out at each other week after week but that's what we're getting thanks to the shambles of the decision made against Morelos.

Now, the first person to be cited for a kick out will show the SFA the Morelos incident and get off with it. They're setting precedents in the way they are treating certain teams this year and it's not going to end well.

brunoatemyhamster
19 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

And Shagger gets off with it.

That's a surprise eh?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45409871

Allan McGregor will not face any action from the Scottish FA after an altercation with Celtic's Kristoffer Ajer on Sunday.

It was alleged the Rangers goalkeeper kicked out at the Celtic defender during the first half of the 1-0 win for Brendan Rodgers' side.

However, McGregor, 36, will not face a notice of complaint.

Three former match officials were consulted but did not reach a unanimous agreement to take the matter forward.

Thats Scandalous.

Is anyone even in any doubt now?

Bent.

5 minutes ago, farin said:

The 3 officials didn’t see it. ?

So that makes 7 officials ? who didnt see it. I wonder if there is any footage of it.

28 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

....Three former match officials were consulted but did not reach a unanimous agreement to take the matter forward.

If I was cynical, I might suggest that at least one of these former match officials may have been a supporter of the former Rangers, but only if I was cynical.  ?

18 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Just like you can't have players kicking out at each other week after week but that's what we're getting thanks to the shambles of the decision made against Morelos.

Now, the first person to be cited for a kick out will show the SFA the Morelos incident and get off with it. They're setting precedents in the way they are treating certain teams this year and it's not going to end well.

They'll have a dossier of Morelos, Naismith & McGregor kicks to defend themselves. Probably why no-one will get hauled over the coals for after a match.

5 minutes ago, farin said:

Plenty I’ve seen of the incident. Clear as day he kicks out at him imo. But then again I don’t have to fear for my safety in saying so.  

Just found a video of it however Ajer is still alive so its not deemed a Red card.

4 minutes ago, The Gasman said:

If I was cynical, I might suggest that at least one of these former match officials may have been a supporter of the former Rangers, but only if I was cynical.  ?

Of course it wouldn't be Andy Davis, would it? :vangry:

• Maple Leaf locked this topic