The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

11 minutes ago, tntjambo said:

Never seen anything about this in the MSM is this guy making this stuff up or is it real   https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2018/10/16/close-brothers-and-the-new-golden-age-at-ibrox/#more-12453  my qustion is if it is real what does he mean by existing shareholders/mugs taking a haircut ?

Any new share issues automatically dilute existing shareholdings. The only way to retain your shareholding as a percentage of the entire volume of shares is to buy more at the share issue in order to keep up.

On 17/10/2018 at 21:41, tntjambo said:

Never seen anything about this in the MSM is this guy making this stuff up or is it real   https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2018/10/16/close-brothers-and-the-new-golden-age-at-ibrox/#more-12453  my qustion is if it is real what does he mean by existing shareholders/mugs taking a haircut ?

If it turns out to be real, it’ll be the first thing he’s got right in years, almost every prediction he makes these days never actually comes true.  ?

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 21:54, redjambo said:

Any new share issues automatically dilute existing shareholdings. The only way to retain your shareholding as a percentage of the entire volume of shares is to buy more at the share issue in order to keep up.

In fairness any Rangers fan or 'investor' should know what they were getting themselves in for when buying these shares. If they expected to make profit then they're clearly in the wrong career. If they kept pumping out shareholdings every year then they'll be worthless shortly.

alwaysthereinspirit
31 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i wonder if ra peepul are one of the clubs being investigated

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45949868

They make themselves out to be some kind of super heroes by letting us know how much money they've brought in from football.

How about telling us how much you've squandered by not bringing it in. They could start with Olde Rankgers.

1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

They make themselves out to be some kind of super heroes by letting us know how much money they've brought in from football.

How about telling us how much you've squandered by not bringing it in. They could start with Olde Rankgers.

Yup. I find it wryly amusing that HMRC talk about recovering "extra tax". Nope, that was tax that should have been paid in the first place.

Glamorgan Jambo
6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

have only skim read this but the opening comments by the judge made me chuckle 'The parties to this action are keen on litigation' followed by 'It is doubtful that the parties' appetite for litigation will be satisfied by this latest action'.

I remember talking to my solicitor a few years ago and he mentioned that he had a number of clients that were addicted to litigation in the same way as addicts are to crack cocaine. Seems to hold true for Dave King and Mike Ashley.

brunoatemyhamster
50 minutes ago, RobboM said:

https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1432153-rangers-lose-merchandise-deal-with-sports-direct/

Yaaassss. Any chance to celebrate a defeat for the tribute act, even sweeter that it costs them piles of cash :munny:

I love how Big Mike legal costs are maybe " Unreasonably high " at 247 k 

Wonder if they'll get a final total with a 30% off tag attached to it.

12 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

have only skim read this but the opening comments by the judge made me chuckle 'The parties to this action are keen on litigation' followed by 'It is doubtful that the parties' appetite for litigation will be satisfied by this latest action'.

I remember talking to my solicitor a few years ago and he mentioned that he had a number of clients that were addicted to litigation in the same way as addicts are to crack cocaine. Seems to hold true for Dave King and Mike Ashley.

It's truly bizarre. Litigation is horribly stressful and a dangerous game, and yet I had clients, a married couple with two small children, who were trying to push for more instead of taking a settlement offer because they likened it to "Deal or No Deal". I had managed, miraculously honestly, to get all the issues dropped in settlement (with two other parties--they were being tag teamed as well!) plus a nominal sum of money to them. They turned it down. Ended up losing on every issue at trial and a six figure award was entered against them, which I am certain collection actions are still being taken on. :facepalm:

Edited by Justin Z

26 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

He will even throw in an oversized mug

Hagar the Horrible
1 hour ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Also make you wonder as Big Mikes legal tem will be on zero hours contracts at min wage

Hagar the Horrible

One think i got from Mr Phil-Mac-Uninformed-Twat was that the Close Brothers have been paid off, is that right, I thought the money from the erhmmm over-draft was due in Feb?  No way Sevco paid that off at least not by themselves, and early....come on?

Not been keeping up with events on this until todays court ruling, which will no doubt see them back in court as big mike will want his legel fees paid? 

Also just to clarify anybody who has a shirt has just bought an illegal one, as it should only have been sold via MA/SD?

brunoatemyhamster

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

He will even throw in an oversized mug

Big Mike? Throw in ? Free for The Rangers ? When he can stick £1.50 on the bill ? :Aye:

I love Big Mike.Big Mike loves The Rangers. Big Mike loves easy money.

Would you like a bag for life to carry those legal documents ? 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

brunoatemyhamster
1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Also make you wonder as Big Mikes legal tem will be on zero hours contracts at min wage

Aye, but his legal team is 24,700 thousand strong, all working one ten hour shift.

At least that's what he'll tell the court.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

One think i got from Mr Phil-Mac-Uninformed-Twat was that the Close Brothers have been paid off, is that right, I thought the money from the erhmmm over-draft was due in Feb?  No way Sevco paid that off at least not by themselves, and early....come on?

Not been keeping up with events on this until todays court ruling, which will no doubt see them back in court as big mike will want his legel fees paid? 

Also just to clarify anybody who has a shirt has just bought an illegal one, as it should only have been sold via MA/SD?

It's claimed that Close called in the debt, whether you believe that or not is up to you.

New pond required?

Why do Hearts and the other honourable clubs in Scotland continue to swim in the same pond as Sevco??

They are the low-life of pond-life! Toxic!

I say kick Sevco out of the pond now! Or let’s find another pond to swim in that’s not been contaminated with Sevco toxic emissions!

There's more than one mental Celtic blogger out there who hopes for the end of Rangers Mk II.

If you've seen this one before then you'll know it's cringeworthy waffle - I check it every so often as infrequently he summarises some of the court case stuff. The comments section sometimes has some interesting theories... 

https://johnjamessite.com/2018/10/24/teares-before-bedtime-at-ibrox/

Is there a BBC embargo on reporting the result of the court case?????.....I can't find anything relating to the case other than social media.

Just now, Hashimoto said:

Is there a BBC embargo on reporting the result of the court case?????.....I can't find anything relating to the case other than social media.

Even SSN  have been  reporting it. All day. Every 20 minutes. ?

2 hours ago, Mysterion said:

There's more than one mental Celtic blogger out there who hopes for the end of Rangers Mk II.

If you've seen this one before then you'll know it's cringeworthy waffle - I check it every so often as infrequently he summarises some of the court case stuff. The comments section sometimes has some interesting theories... 

https://johnjamessite.com/2018/10/24/teares-before-bedtime-at-ibrox/

I got banned from his site for having a go at him about his obsession with Naismith (and that tackle on Broonaldo).  Suggested he put Broonaldo under similar scrutiny for his unabated and unpunished war on his fellow pros. That guy has some serious issues. He hates AB, CL & Hearts in general  and doesn't hold back. Strangely,  as much as he writes about HMFC (and his apparent hatred for Rangers) he never mentions FOH/Club 1872 comparisons. 

How this thread is still going is astounding.  The whole subject us so dated and so boring 

If I was sentenced to two years jail or reading it they'd be locking me up.

28 minutes ago, tntjambo said:

not sure exactly what this means but it looks like its going to cost Sevco money  https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2018/10/24/untrustworthy-partners-and-charitable-neighbours/#more-12506  and difficulty getting a future shirt supplier.

The judge is basically saying that the rangers can't be trusted. 

Last time, an injunction wasn't granted as the rangers agreed to play ball legally speaking, agreeing that they wouldn't pursue an agreement with another company. 

They went back on that, entering into a deal with Elite Group in September and showing that anything they agree to in court has to be enforced.

He then says that a legal order to undo the Elite deal, and therefore the JD Sports deal, seems justified (although that hasn't happened yet.) The rangers want the whole thing resolved by a damages award, but it looks more likely that they're going to be legally forced to stay with SD, and also forced to break the contract with Elite and/or JD Sports with whatever financial penalties that will incur. 

In previous litigation, it was noted that the rangers had employed a QC while SD didn't (I forget which particular case it was) and the rangers won that round.

I notice both sides employed QCs this time. 

Edited by Smithee

5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

How this thread is still going is astounding.  The whole subject us so dated and so boring 

If I was sentenced to two years jail or reading it they'd be locking me up.

The thread is still going because its title is as accurate as always.

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

The judge is basically saying that the rangers can't be trusted. 

Last time, an injunction wasn't granted as the rangers agreed to play ball legally speaking, agreeing that they wouldn't pursue an agreement with another company. 

They went back on that, entering into a deal with Elite Group in September and showing that anything they agree to in court has to be enforced.

He then says that a legal order to undo the Elite deal, and therefore the JD Sports deal, seems justified (although that hasn't happened yet.) The rangers want the whole thing resolved by a damages award, but it looks more likely that they're going to be legally forced to stay with SD, and also forced to break the contract with Elite and/or JD Sports with whatever financial penalties that will incur. 

In previous litigation, it was noted that the rangers had employed a QC while SD didn't (I forget which particular case it was) and the rangers won that round.

I notice both sides employed QCs this time. 

The GASL will find away to dance round this he always does.

itsnomarooned

I follow this thread and would be as happy as anyone else if Rangers did suffer administration and/or liquidation. However, does the current development actually make this any more of a reality? In fact, does anyone who knows about these things actually think this is a realistic outcome? There have been many bold predictions about their imminent demise and clearly none of them were accurate (more's the pity).

38 minutes ago, itsnomarooned said:

I follow this thread and would be as happy as anyone else if Rangers did suffer administration and/or liquidation. However, does the current development actually make this any more of a reality? In fact, does anyone who knows about these things actually think this is a realistic outcome? There have been many bold predictions about their imminent demise and clearly none of them were accurate (more's the pity).

Don't think so anyway Sevco will be pleased to hear Celtic have just help them pay their costs you couldn't make it up

35 minutes ago, itsnomarooned said:

It just means that Sevco's commercial income is in a permanent strangle hold of Mike Ashley. He can cherry pick the best parts of any new deal that Sevco signs with any new partner. Financially it's a disaster for Sevco - their commercial income will continue to be dwarfed by Celtic's , they have to pay  a fortune in legal costs and will find it very difficult (I'd imagine) to get get future deals after they've presumably blatantly misled Hummel as to the true nature of the deal with Ashley. This is costing Sevco money all over the place. And they still haven't got the strips to market yet (not legally, anyway).  This is the price they're paying for getting Ashley to save them from bankruptcy in the first pace. Either too dumb or too desperate to worry about what Ashley was demanding. 

On 25/10/2018 at 13:06, itsnomarooned said:

This latest setback means they face increased costs (both their own and Sports Direct’s legal bills) and reduced income (shirt & merchandise sales) while possibly also getting hit with a claim by Hummel.  This makes their situation worse, but I’m not convinced it would be (on it’s own) enough to push them into administration....

However....

They are still facing action of some sort from the Take Over Panel, and they seem to be having to spend (millions) on all the legal fights they are in, with no real prospect of getting any of it back.  Add that to their reduced income, and King’s publicly admitting that their Business Plan (sic) includes them getting considerable income from group stages of the UEFA Cup this season, and the group stages of the Champions League next season (!) which may be difficult for a team currently in fifth equal place in the League, and already out the League Cup....

So long as Rangers keep paying their bills on time (and to date at least they appear to be) they will not face administration, but it is not possible for them to continue for ever spending more that they are earning - sooner or later, something has to change, or it may yet all come crashing down.

Footballfirst

King's full statement (note this is not a TRFC or RIFC statement)

Personal Statement by Dave King

"I note with interest Sports Direct’s press statement following Wednesday’s court judgment. I also note Sports Direct’s failure when it went back to court on Friday, October 26, in an attempt to extract from the court a more favourable interpretation of Wednesday’s judgment than was clearly warranted by the court’s narrow ruling. In my view, this failure was another significant setback for Sports Direct - it clearly misunderstood the impact that Wednesday’s ruling would have on the Club when making its statement. 

In its statement Sports Direct expressed the hope that Rangers will now move on and put in place commercial arrangements with Sports Direct and that this would be for the benefit of Rangers fans and the Club. There is no mention of what benefit such arrangements might bring to the Club and its supporters. I challenge Sports Direct to follow up its statement by sharing with Rangers supporters how much last season’s retail agreement benefited the Club.

In terms of profits from Sports Direct’s sale of Rangers kit under the prior agreement, the Club has still not, despite repeated requests, received a proper accounting for the retail activities or payments due under it. That certainly does not provide me with any comfort in dealing with Sports Direct as a partner. It is solely because of Sports Direct’s refusal or inability to act as expected of a normal commercial partner that Rangers now has no choice but to litigate to secure payments that are due and are long outstanding. 

My advice to Sports Direct is that whatever short-term success it might enjoy through its courtroom manoeuvrings will not affect my resolve, nor that of RIFC’s other investors to ensure the best deal for the Club and its supporters. We continue to show the resolve we have demonstrated over the last three years in resisting all attempts by Mike Ashley and Sports Direct to take further advantage of our Club. 

As in previous litigation, Sports Direct’s urgent court injunctions will always be complied with - but will not be the final word".

......... and a predictable comment from Sons of Struth (Craig Houston).

SO THERE WAS ANOTHER HEARING ON FRIDAY.

As we said previously, Sports Direct took Rangers to court yet again on Friday and things didn’t go as planned for them.

They weren’t 100% happy with the previous court decision which the papers that did report on it would have you believe was a great victory for Sports Direct. They went back to court on Friday to attempt to rewrite the judges decision in their favour and failed.

The previous injunction oddly enough seemed to prevent Rangers from announcing a deal with a third party retailer but, if you read the 140 page court narrative that we have, clearly said it would be impossible for them to stop Elite selling Rangers kit. We believe this is the part of the injunction that SD returned to court on Friday to have changed. They wanted no one to be able to sell Rangers kit but failed.

Mr King today made us aware that no money has been paid for the last year of the SD contract and SD won’t even give Rangers the sales figure so he will sue them.

He also hints yet again to SD placing injunctions on the club and gagging the club from talking about SD court cases against us. We believe there have been many.

We will reiterate what we said last week about the decision which many outlets seen as a SD victory

Can Rangers fans buy kit out with Sports Direct? YES

Can Sports Direct sell Rangers kit? NO

Will there be further court cases with Sports Direct? PROBABLY.

Check our timeline, we told you all this last week when the press had us all believe Sports Direct had won the war. Hysteria followed as many took the news reports as gospel. We waited 24 hours and got the proper version of events and supplied our fans yet again with facts and truths not shock headlines and hyperbole.

You'd think that they had just lost an important game and had to put up some sort of deflection to appease the bears.

I can almost imagine Ashley printing this off and sticking it on his (no doubt ,very large) fridge door & pissing himself laughing every time he gets a 6 pack of pork pies out. 

He has King by the balls and is squeezing them , vice like. Marvellous. 

On 24/10/2018 at 12:25, Turkishcap said:

Some one is throwing money at them just now so doubt this will affect them too much.

No doubt about that.

During the after match postmortem Ally McCoist  saying The Rangers have plenty money. This was more or less confirmed by SG in his after match interview stating that players will be brought in to replace under performers. 

Unless it's just more loans from Liverpool of course.

Gerrard says it's the lowest point in his time at Ibrox.

What a shame ?

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

No doubt about that.

During the after match postmortem Ally McCoist  saying The Rangers have plenty money. This was more or less confirmed by SG in his after match interview stating that players will be brought in to replace under performers. 

What a shame ?

Defo making millions out of their Euro games but that's about to be swallowed up by their legal expenses & compensation payments. and that's just the Ashley issues - they've got TOP stuff coming down the track. 

SG won't be bringing anyone in and he knows it. If Sevco had money for purchases SG wouldn't have brought in the Liverpool academy players. 

10 hours ago, luckydug said:

No doubt about that.

What a shame ?

Uefa will make a lot of money from matchday sales but with SG demanding better standards from the support side (ie. no repeats of the pre season EasyJet flights) their costs will go up quite a lot. They have been proud of this “unbeaten” streak but that comes with additional performance bonus payments too.

I do suspect they gambled with signings and wages based on Uefa qualifying.

We are all playing guess work when it comes to this but the general list of additional cash drain would be: 

Increased player performance pay.

Increased operational costs (travel etc)

Slice of Uefa money already gambled on player signings/wages.

Additional legal fees from court cases.

Repayment/partial repayment of Close Brothers loan.

VAT on matchday income.

There are HUGE rumours with people claiming to know the identity of the Rangers fan in Hong Kong who is picking up this seasons tab . Allegedly this guy is going in with even more cash for next season . 

Chinese whispers or fact ? I wouldn’t know, but a lot of influential Asian businessmen talking . 

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, Meadows said:

There are HUGE rumours with people claiming to know the identity of the Rangers fan in Hong Kong who is picking up this seasons tab . Allegedly this guy is going in with even more cash for next season . 

Chinese whispers or fact ? I wouldn’t know, but a lot of influential Asian businessmen talking . 

At least two of the "new" Hong Kong investors in the recent share placing are friends of George Taylor, one of the three bears. The likelihood is that they are fronting for Taylor as the pair have been described to me as not knowing one end of a football from the other.

Edited by Footballfirst

Hagar the Horrible

If this guy was to buy out King then Kings problems with the TOP goes away, and so does 90% of everything else? 

The accounts will be publsihed in December and based on the statement theat there were a going concern as they would be supported by soft directors loans?  except they went to the Close Bros for a loan, and now it looks like they are being supported from an unamed benefactor?  is this against any kind of fair play rules?

I still think that admin would see them out of more trouble than admin would cost, such as getting rid of MA and SD altogether?  but they are fighting a war of attricion when the other guy is playing for fun

22 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

At least two of the "new" Hong Kong investors in the recent share placing are friends of George Taylor, one of the three bears. The likelihood is that they are fronting for Taylor as the pair have been described to me as not knowing one end of a football from the other.

Given that footballs are spherical, neither do I! ;)

I suppose there is the blowy up bit though.

The Close Bros loan  is allegedly paid in full . 

One of them. 

• Maple Leaf locked this topic