The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Hagar the Horrible
31 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Lady Wolffe's latest ruling on the competency of a contempt charge goes against King.

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/docs/default-source/cos-general-docs/pdf-docs-for-opinions/2018csoh105.pdf?sfvrsn=0

In the instant proceedings, a very full procedure has been adopted: the respondent has had due notice of the alleged contempt (in the form of the minute) and has had opportunity to respond (in the form of answers). Further, the proof to follow will be indistinguishable from a full proof in a commercial action and all of the procedures, safeguards and formalities that that entails. In my view, the procedural argument is without merit.

Decision
[79] The respondent’s plea to the competency falls to be repelled. I shall reserve meantime all question of expenses

An appeal to the Inner House of the Court of Session is due to be heard on Friday

Is this to appeal against being in contempt or for the money for MA's legal expenses

31 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Lady Wolffe's latest ruling on the competency of a contempt charge goes against King.

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/docs/default-source/cos-general-docs/pdf-docs-for-opinions/2018csoh105.pdf?sfvrsn=0

In the instant proceedings, a very full procedure has been adopted: the respondent has had due notice of the alleged contempt (in the form of the minute) and has had opportunity to respond (in the form of answers). Further, the proof to follow will be indistinguishable from a full proof in a commercial action and all of the procedures, safeguards and formalities that that entails. In my view, the procedural argument is without merit.

Decision
[79] The respondent’s plea to the competency falls to be repelled. I shall reserve meantime all question of expenses

An appeal to the Inner House of the Court of Session is due to be heard on Friday

FF, I can't see anything about punishment for the contempt. (that's a BIG document) ? 

Footballfirst
30 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Is this to appeal against being in contempt or for the money for MA's legal expenses

No this is in relation to contempt of court for failing to comply with the TOP requirements.

27 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

FF, I can't see anything about punishment for the contempt. (that's a BIG document) ? 

The order sought if contempt of court is established
[8] If the court finds that there has been a contempt of court, the Panel invites the court to impose upon the respondent “such penalty, whether by fine, imprisonment or otherwise as to the court shall seem appropriate in respect of that contempt”. The respondent relied on this as part of his argument as to the penal character of these proceedings.

This hearing was only about the competency of the Contempt of Court charge. King's counsel argued that the charge needed to be approved by the Lord Advocate (coincidentally Lady Wolffe's husband :devilish:), and also that the incorrect court procedure had been used.  Both arguments were "repelled".

It seems that King has appealed Lady Wolffe's decision to the Inner House, which is scheduled for Friday of this week. The contempt proof was scheduled for 29/30 Nov. That might be delayed as King kicks the can down the road once again.

Edited by Footballfirst

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Meantime costs are mounting 

Must be a decent chance court will lay them all on King 

The general rule is that the loser pays. If King loses, he will certainly be liable for all of his costs and it is quite difficult to see how that liability would be anything other than personal to him. In addition, there is every chance he will have to pay the other side's costs too. However, they will generally be restricted to around 60 percent of their costs as it is only the preparation for and attendance at court costs which are covered.

Either way, likely to be several hundred thousand pounds.

Footballfirst

Candeias second yellow card explained.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/4499/reasons-daniel-candeias-rangers-fc.pdf

The Referee provided a statement confirming the nature of the offence in respect of which the Player was cautioned for a second time. He confirmed that he issued the caution to the Player as at the time he believed that the Player had been involved in two incidents, making gestures towards the opponent, the St Mirren FC No 35, after the scoring of a goal and becoming further involved with the opponent as he made his way upfield after celebrating the goal.

...a bit disco
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The Referee provided a statement confirming the nature of the offence in respect of which the Player was cautioned for a second time. He confirmed that he issued the caution to the Player as at the time he believed that the Player had been involved in two incidents, making gestures towards the opponent, the St Mirren FC No 35, after the scoring of a goal and becoming further involved with the opponent as he made his way upfield after celebrating the goal.

Dr_c4cGWoAArkcK.jpg

21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wonder how Rangers big complaint will go 

Still waiting on the disrepute charge :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Dunks said:

Are we to get explanations for every card now? I hope so.

Youd think, but I’d doubt it. Sweep sweep

19 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

making gestures in a neil lennon kinda way ?

Won't link to it, but there's an obsequious profile of Sevco Gerrard on The Guardian site. Don't read it without a sick bag.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 hours ago, kirkierobroy said:

Won't link to it, but there's an obsequious profile of Sevco Gerrard on The Guardian site. Don't read it without a sick bag.

Does it mention anything about 15 year old girls? 

22 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Does it mention anything about 15 year old girls? 

Or his wife and ex Derby County players or gangsters or or or 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
14 hours ago, YHD Jambo said:

Or his wife and ex Derby County players or gangsters or or or 

:thumbsup:

Big jock, etc. 

Footballfirst

It turned out that today's appeal at the Court of Session in the Takeover Panel v King case wasn't about Lady Wolffe's recent decision after all. In fact King had sought to appeal her decision yesterday, but Lady Wolffe refused to grant leave to appeal. King's contempt of court hearing will now proceed as scheduled at the end of the month.

Today's appeal was again by King's side, but was about the additional fees the TOP had claimed as their costs. Three judges, led by the Lord President himself, heard short submissions by both sides, then had a quick huddle behind the bench, then threw out King's appeal.

It means that all the legal costs of the action from both sides, incurred to date, will have to be met by King.  It will probably mean an amount of the order of a few hundred thousand pounds, thus far.

Edited by Footballfirst

Hagar the Horrible
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It turned out that today's appeal at the Court of Session in the Takeover Panel v King case wasn't about Lady Wolffe's recent decision after all. In fact King had sought to appeal her decision yesterday, but Lady Wolffe refused to grant leave to appeal. King's contempt of court hearing will now proceed as scheduled at the end of the month.

Today's appeal was again by King's side, but was about the additional fees the TOP had claimed as their costs. Three judges, led by the Lord President himself, heard short submissions by both sides, then had a quick huddle behind the bench, then threw out King's appeal.

It means that all the legal costs of the action from both sides, incurred to date, will have to be met by King.  It will probably mean an amount of the order of a few hundred thousand pounds, thus far.

It is just because he is on some kind of spectrum?  Who likes to fight in the court that much, more so by Proxy?  there cannot be any gratification in this?  The costs of the appeal to even see if an appeal can be made must outweigh the cost of just paying up, even if he is granted grounds to appeal, there is no guarantee he would win that appeal.  Can kicking must be so costly I would worry that his legam team even get paid?  he must kick their bills down the road a bit too?  Unless Sevco pick up the full tab???????

27 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

It is just because he is on some kind of spectrum?  Who likes to fight in the court that much, more so by Proxy?  there cannot be any gratification in this?  The costs of the appeal to even see if an appeal can be made must outweigh the cost of just paying up, even if he is granted grounds to appeal, there is no guarantee he would win that appeal.  Can kicking must be so costly I would worry that his legam team even get paid?  he must kick their bills down the road a bit too?  Unless Sevco pick up the full tab???????

I'd suggest Sevco are picking up the bills. So, King fights on using OP money and he might just win (he thinks) . Whatever the outcome it costs him nothing. 

Footballfirst
17 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'd suggest Sevco are picking up the bills. So, King fights on using OP money and he might just win (he thinks) . Whatever the outcome it costs him nothing. 

King has previously stated that the TOP action was purely about him personally and not the club, so there would be no impact on the club.

You're not suggesting that the glib and shameless one would actually lie to his own adoring fans, are you?

It might be a good question for someone to ask him at the RIFC AGM on 27 November, a couple of days before the contempt of court hearing starts.

I think/know a lot of lawyers want a hefty up front payment and guarantees that their fees and costs will be met. King would be no different when it comes to coughing up.

scott herbertson
14 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

I think/know a lot of lawyers want a hefty up front payment and guarantees that their fees and costs will be met. King would be no different when it comes to coughing up.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't have a lawyer on his payroll permanently so the bigger problem would be any costs awarded, not lawyers fees

Just now, scott herbertson said:

I'd be surprised if he doesn't have a lawyer on his payroll permanently so the bigger problem would be any costs awarded, not lawyers fees

Could be but reneging on a court order would be dangerous for him. Not that he seems to bother what the court's say at times.

I fear that the insanity that King is displaying will prompt someone with a love for “Rangers” to oust him. Ousting King is simple... money. He will walk if the money is right. It’ll take someone with a shed load of cash and more “loyalty” than business sense. There’s at least one quite Scottish name that fits that bill. We need them to crash and burn before being saved, the authorities in our fair country seem to determined to turn a blind eye to their behaviour. 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

King has previously stated that the TOP action was purely about him personally and not the club, so there would be no impact on the club.

You're not suggesting that the glib and shameless one would actually lie to his own adoring fans, are you?

It might be a good question for someone to ask him at the RIFC AGM on 27 November, a couple of days before the contempt of court hearing starts.

Don't know why but that particularly tickled me ?

Footballfirst

Confirmation of next Thursday (and probably Friday), for the “proof before answer” hearing (effectively his contempt of court trial) in the TOP v King case, with Lady Wolffe in the chair.

LADY WOLFFE – E Hunter, Clerk

Thursday 29th November

Proof Before Answer

P341/17 Pet: The Panel on Takeovers and Mergers for orders sec 955 – Dentons UK – Lindsays

King should be in the country given that he is due to chair the RIFC AGM on Tuesday (unless he does it by Skype).

Edited by Footballfirst

On 16/11/2018 at 16:00, Footballfirst said:

There's no way he is spunking his own money on a pointless waste of time. 

As for him being a liar, well,  better people than I have spoken on the issue...?

AGM could be a belter. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
On 17/11/2018 at 01:57, Footballfirst said:

They really are letting him know that they are not on his side, aren’t they?

25 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

There's no way he is spunking his own money on a pointless waste of time. 

As for him being a liar, well,  better people than I have spoken on the issue...?

AGM could be a belter. 

Obvious question for someone to ask

That is if they are allowed questions

King Of The Cat Cafe

Note to mods:  Every time I look at the thread heading it gives me a chance to go to "last page".

This saga is likely to give us entertainment for some time yet, so I suggest "last page" is a misnomer...make it "latest page".

:)

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

2 hours ago, Queensland Jambo said:

They really are letting him know that they are not on his side, aren’t they?

:D

29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dave King at today's AGM

That actually sounds very positive for them, so I’ll be interested to hear how much is realistic, and how much is spin, from those who are able to interpret these things.

Headlines today are King praising Murty and Gerrard defending the treatment of Lee Wallace while praising his professionalism. 

And defending the ticket allocation to Celtic. 

Loss of £14 million "barely mentioned"

So in a nut shell (read scrotum) we ara peepil and no surrender, jobbie done and they have been again

Loss of £14 million "barely mentioned"

Have to say it was the impressive type of speech the ordinary fan (and shareholder) would like to hear but as you say, what about the debt?

He did admit they spent more than their income but virtually left it at that.  Maybe the SFA will join the dots - or maybe not.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dave King at today's AGM

So did anyone dare hold the clumpany to account?

brunoatemyhamster
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dave King at today's AGM

Did anyone ask when he was buying their 1p shares at 20 times the cost ? 

1 hour ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Did anyone ask when he was buying their 1p shares at 20 times the cost ? 

Or why it hasn't happened yet

N Lincs Jambo
4 hours ago, farin said:

£14m debt, there up to their knees in something alright. ?

“We’re up to our knees in mounting debt,

surrender or we’ll die,

cos we are the Dave Kings Billy Boys” ?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic