The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

32 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Ah, the old "you canny be a Hearts fan unless you obsess over Sevco 24/7".

Change the record. 

FF is a well respected and informed member of this forum. You sound like another poster on here who is in fact the obsessive on all things Sevco. 

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Do you genuinely go to court hearings concerning another football club? ?

Maybe FF just likes to go to court hearings, maybe that's his thing, a bit like some folks like watching trains or planes, but I suspect from his many posts about court/legal matters that FF knows more about these things than you me and 98% of this forum do, unless of course you know better, and if that's the case I'm all ears as is the rest of the forum, so it's over to you.

Footballfirst
3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Do you genuinely go to court hearings concerning another football club? ?

Yes. Do you have a problem with that?

I first took an interest in the finances and governance of football clubs when Chris Robinson first mooted the possibility of selling Tynecastle to meet the club's debts.  Thereafter I followed what Romanov did, Rangers demise, Hearts and Dunfermline's administration woes,  Dundee United, Kilmarnock, Aberdeen and Hibs debt write offs etc.

Just by taking an interest in what has gone on with Scottish clubs, I've learned so much about accounts, insolvency, share dealing, tax, civil and criminal proceedings. 

There's a big world out there that goes on outside the Hearts bubble. You should try it sometime.

9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I first took an interest in the finances and governance of football clubs when Chris Robinson first mooted the possibility of selling Tynecastle to meet the club's debts.  Thereafter I followed what Romanov did, Rangers demise, Hearts and Dunfermline's administration woes,  Dundee United, Kilmarnock, Aberdeen and Hibs debt write offs etc.

Just by taking an interest in what has gone on with Scottish clubs, I've learned so much about accounts, insolvency, share dealing, tax, civil and criminal proceedings. 

There's a big world out there that goes on outside the Hearts bubble. You should try it sometime.

I for one, appreciate your well informed updates. ??

13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Well said

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

You don't need to justify yourself to anyone, you do good stuff that's appreciated by many. And anyway who cares if some online random doesn't understand your motives? His problem, not yours!

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You don't need to justify yourself to anyone, you do good stuff that's appreciated by many. And anyway who cares if some online random doesn't understand your motives? His problem, not yours!

Quite right. Report away my friend. Shine a light on these crooks and shysters. 

7 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

As expected, a great reply from a guy who contributes more than almost anyone to this forum. 

Please keep up up all the great work FF!!

9 hours ago, redjambo said:

So what's your agenda then? I assume you're a supporter from another club, although I can't quite figure out which. I suppose it will all come out over time.

The way Rangers cheated Scottish football for many years is a matter of concern not only for Rangers supporters (although they couldn't be arsed about it) but also for the rest of Scottish football. It's only natural that we should all take an interest in the activities that resulted in the rest of our clubs being cheated out of trophies and European spots.

Or so any right-minded Scottish football supporter would think anyway.

His avatar tell’s you all you need to know about his leanings as a supposed ‘Forever’ Hearts Fan.

Seymour M Hersh
On 04/09/2018 at 17:42, Deevers said:

Certainly be keeping the wolf away from the door. - in the short term

Unless they have to start repaying the loans that have kept them afloat! 

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Phil McSillyname will be proud of you all. 

Why even bother to read this thread let alone post on it then?

Seymour M Hersh
On 03/09/2018 at 15:55, Deevers said:

So true.  But what happened to courageous journalism. Seekers of truth and justice and all that? 

I can't see Mike Parry having the bottle to go after them! :laugh:

Seymour M Hersh
On 04/09/2018 at 06:07, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I actually hope this happens.

He's been alright to us this season (I know I shouldn't tempt fate!).

Seymour M Hersh
On 04/09/2018 at 13:58, CJGJ said:

I'd love to know how anyone telling us its a fix explains the non action re Naismith...you can't have it both ways

Too many let fake anger colour their views in incidents like this and too many don't even know the laws of the game

PS look to other bodies re the laws not the Scottish authorities who simply implement them

It was as plain as the nose on your face. If they'd done daisy they would have had to do their blue eyed boy brown for the elbow. Quid pro quo!! 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Shrekeo said:

His avatar tell’s you all you need to know about his leanings as a supposed ‘Forever’ Hearts Fan.

Of the Hearts manager? Weird avatar to have for a Hearts fan on a Hearts forum. 

2 hours ago, Shrekeo said:

Sadly, Forever Rangers hasn't been available for use since 2012 ?

Football First is clearly a truth-seeker, someone who values justice, and someone kind enough to share the findings of his research.

Forever Hearts
15 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Sadly, Forever Rangers hasn't been available for use since 2012 ?

Original. Zzzzzzzz...

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

As the saying goes, if it walks like a duck

For saying the Rangers obsession on here is a bit ott? Fair enough. Oh, and I've just forked out £49 for two tickets for Fir Park next Saturday. A right good Rangers fan me. ?

20 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

For saying the Rangers obsession on here is a bit ott? Fair enough. Oh, and I've just forked out £49 for two tickets for Fir Park next Saturday. A right good Rangers fan me. ?

Good for you, mate.

But you brought this on yourself by having a stupid pop at a respected poster.

If you researched first, you would see he gives us our reports on Hearts youths. 

I assume, retired. So has time to investigate, rather than take SMSM reports as gospel.

Keep posting FF

lost in space
22 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

"The Rangers obsession"??? This thread has been running since just before Rangers died.  That glorious event killed the duopoly of the 2 bigoted Scottish clubs.  That was one (if not the) biggest event in the history of the game in Scotland.  Rangers cheated to win trophies.  Since their death a hollow tribute act has emerged - and they have acted in a similar bullying, arrogant, financially devious manner.  This thread has detailed the events and has brought me (and I suspect many others) a great deal of pleasure as well as informing me on accountancy and legal matters.

Here is a suggestion - don't read any more of this thread - leave it to those interested.

brunoatemyhamster

There's a lot of good posters on this forum. The are some GREAT ones. 

And then there is Football First.

FFS ,  Someone who's just jumped on this thread in the last month having a pop ? 

Homework assignment for this week is to read all 2095 page , and come back with an apology.

I hope FF is still posting when they die again. That way when FF say's " They're dead " i will know it's true.

Forever Hearts
17 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

FFS ,  Someone who's just jumped on this thread in the last month having a pop ? 

Homework assignment for this week is to read all 2095 page , and come back with an apology.

I hope FF is still posting when they die again. That way when FF say's " They're dead " i will know it's true.

I won't be reading the thread as I have one of those life things. I'm out. 

brunoatemyhamster
14 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I won't be reading the thread as I have one of those life things. I'm out. 

No S*** ! Then your input wont be missed.

A bit like Rangers.

Bye.

14 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Ah, the old "you canny be a Hearts fan unless you obsess over Sevco 24/7".

Change the record. 

Water off a duck's back, my friend. I look forward to your eventual unmasking. You're certainly going to have to play a much cleverer game that you are doing at the moment though.

Edited by redjambo

Scnorthedinburgh
15 minutes ago, farin said:

Problem is some people on here seem to not want that type of research being made public to a wider audience as it continually puts 1 club in a very bad light. Wonder why ? 

Because 200% OF 15 to 25 yo hearts fans are Loyalists? And the other 1% don't care.

3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Unfortunately Celtic are run rather better or else there would be a big long thread on them too. Sadly they don't have almost weekly court battles, the Takeover Panel isn't after their owners, they make money on players, their directors don't make stupid pronouncements to the press (they do get castigated when their manager does though) etc Hibs are same as Celtic, more's the pity...

7 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Unless they have to start repaying the loans that have kept them afloat! 

Now that would be interesting.  There have been rumours of discord on that front.

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, Deevers said:

Now that would be interesting.  There have been rumours of discord on that front.

Let's hope they were a. true and b.very much underplayed! 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 10:42, brunoatemyhamster said:

Probably time to remove the straw mate. Yes FF posts are informative but he hasn't posted a cure for cancer, calm down.

15 minutes ago, tntjambo said:

This guy phil macftyfrfyufyftgitgi7t789 seems to think he is onto something in his latest rant   https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2018/09/10/the-side-letter-time-bomb/#more-12311

English can't be his first language.

He thinks every sentence needs it's own paragraph.

Strange behaviour.

I'd never make that mistake.

19 minutes ago, tntjambo said:

This guy phil macftyfrfyufyftgitgi7t789 seems to think he is onto something in his latest rant   https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2018/09/10/the-side-letter-time-bomb/#more-12311

The fact that ‘article’ features a litany of grammatical and legal errors makes me think it’s maybe to be taken with a pinch of salt. I worry for someone who advertises the fact that he has ‘lived inside’ the Rangers tax case. Get a pint and speak to another human being.

Hagar the Horrible
16 minutes ago, martoon said:

English can't be his first language.

He thinks every sentence needs it's own paragraph.

Strange behaviour.

I'd never make that mistake.

An Ibrox insider is my source, even though they are proddy's and would gladly tell all the deep secrets to an Irish Kaflick with an agenda?  Ahyhoo here is the template, just apply a powdering of wishfull thinking:

Stenographers

Mr David Cunningham King (knowing the middle name proved how good a reseacher he is?)

Dear Readers

Avoidance of Doubt

Rugger guy

My understanding

Basket of assets

High Command

General Ashley

brunoatemyhamster
45 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Probably time to remove the straw mate. Yes FF posts are informative but he hasn't posted a cure for cancer, calm down.

Fair enough. It was a bit OTT.

Mind me to jump to your defence next time some Sevco interloper trolls you.

Please feel free to quote everyone else that jumped to his defence though, just so they know you think theyre crawlers aswell.

2 hours ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Not yet.

What action would be open to former players if the legal entity "indemnifying" them has gone bust?

Can they sue the administrators if Hector comes calling and decides the tax burden passes onto the players in light of the liquidation of Rangers FC? Is there even a point - presumably they are safe from Hector's reach if they remain outside the UK?

2 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

An Ibrox insider is my source, even though they are proddy's and would gladly tell all the deep secrets to an Irish Kaflick with an agenda?  Ahyhoo here is the template, just apply a powdering of wishfull thinking:

Stenographers

Mr David Cunningham King (knowing the middle name proved how good a reseacher he is?)

Dear Readers

Avoidance of Doubt

Rugger guy

My understanding

Basket of assets

High Command

General Ashley

Not unlike the claims of the average Hibs.nut. Most either have the ear of Ann, and vice versa, or know a Hibby who she'll happily blab to. 

Elwood has it right regarding that MacCeltic bloke (and the .nut who's always "passing by Tynecastle", pumping workmen for info):

Go to the pub and get a life with a pint chaser. 

Edited by martoon

37 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

What action would be open to former players if the legal entity "indemnifying" them has gone bust?

Can they sue the administrators if Hector comes calling and decides the tax burden passes onto the players in light of the liquidation of Rangers FC? Is there even a point - presumably they are safe from Hector's reach if they remain outside the UK?

How can they sue - they were part of the scam. They had side letters that were given in absolute confidence , the players never declared their income to HMRC and they never asked any advice from HMRC.  HMRC has no jurisdiction overseas on these matters and is usually very reluctant to resort to the courts even where it can (eg Lester Piggott  was only jailed after multiple offences going back a very long time). 

46 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

its a toughy

but you remain responsible for any tax owed, no matter who made the error

Your employer messes up- you pay up

your accountant messes up- you pay up

your adviser messes up- you pay up

then you sue them retrospectively if you can

only you cannot, because they are deid, and have no money to give you back, even if you won

so you still lose

46 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

A club cannot indemnify a player against a tax charge any more than one individual can indemnify another against a murder charge - and when Hector does come to the player/official for the tax, the amount to be assessed will be grossed up.  They can sue whoever they like if they can prove they have been misled/co-erced into signing the agreement but ultimately their success will depend on what resources that person/company has.  It will prove difficult for Hector to collect tax for players now well clear of UK residence unless they still own property here.

3 minutes ago, sac said:

So, when are the titles being stripped, given that it’s been proved beyond all reasonable doubt that they cheated to win them?

That could only happen to clubs outside Glasgow.  Separate rules apply for the OF (or should that be the New Firm?).

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

A club cannot indemnify a player against a tax charge any more than one individual can indemnify another against a murder charge - and when Hector does come to the player/official for the tax, the amount to be assessed will be grossed up.  They can sue whoever they like if they can prove they have been misled/co-erced into signing the agreement but ultimately their success will depend on what resources that person/company has.  It will prove difficult for Hector to collect tax for players now well clear of UK residence unless they still own property here.

The club could have paid the tax bill for these players - that's what I read in this specific instance as "indemnify.  I believe that is what convinced the players to sign - that if caught out, the players wouldn't suffer for it. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The club could have paid the tax bill for these players - that's what I read in this specific instance as "indemnify.  I believe that is what convinced the players to sign - that if caught out, the players wouldn't suffer for it. 

If the club had paid the tax on behalf that would constitute additional remuneration and would be taxed accordingly.  

Glamorgan Jambo

The overseas based players could choose not to pay. Not sure what sanctions are available and what could happen to them if they ever entered the UK. 

They can choose to go after the liquidation pot for some of what they're owed. Again I'm not sure whether as ex employees they'd get preferred creditor status or at least first call on a percentage of the liquidation pot. Remember the liquidators are going after Duff & Phelps for damages related to the administration. 

Finally they could go through the SFA and claim to be football creditors and therefore legitimately go after Newco on the basis of the side letters being tantamount to a contract (even though the letter states the EBT payments are non contractual). 

We'll see. 

I'd imagine guys like De Boer wouldn't want to have their lives restricted in the way that could happen if they simply ignore the bills. 

• Maple Leaf locked this topic