The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

N Lincs Jambo
7 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

Of course it wouldn't be Andy Davis, would it? :vangry:

Just who are these people?!!! I think we have a right to know!!

I'd love to know how anyone telling us its a fix explains the non action re Naismith...you can't have it both ways

Too many let fake anger colour their views in incidents like this and too many don't even know the laws of the game

PS look to other bodies re the laws not the Scottish authorities who simply implement them

47 minutes ago, The Gasman said:

If I was cynical, I might suggest that at least one of these former match officials may have been a supporter of the former Rangers, but only if I was cynical.  ?

The odds of picking 3 ex officials and none of them being Rangers minded must be pretty slim.

It's why VAR would never work here, even if we could afford it.

8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I'd love to know how anyone telling us its a fix explains the non action re Naismith...you can't have it both ways

Too many let fake anger colour their views in incidents like this and too many don't even know the laws of the game

PS look to other bodies re the laws not the Scottish authorities who simply implement them

Naismith got a two game ban for the tackle on Brown last season.

The incident with Hayes was barely a prod up the jacksy when his boot was already in situ.

McGregor's was a full kickout and completely different.

Edited by Rudolf

1 minute ago, Rudolf said:

Naismith got a two game ban for the tackle on Brown last season.

The incident with Hayes was barely a prod up the jacksy when his boot was already in situ.

McGregor's was a full kickout and completely different.

Well done for proving exactly what I said..hypocrisy reigns................... when you dare to try and put a bit of honesty into matters given the fake anger many hold reality is pushed aside in the search to be seen the most extreme poster on a topic

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Well done for proving exactly what I said..hypocrisy reigns................... when you dare to try and put a bit of honesty into matters given the fake anger many hold reality is pushed aside in the search to be seen the most extreme poster on a topic

?

Punctuation is your friend.

15 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I think you have missed the point here. The Scottish authorities are not implementing the laws of the game otherwise Morelos, McGregor and Naismith would probably have all faced bans this season. I think most supporters would have accepted a ban for Naismith but certainly not after Morelos's red card was rescinded.

However their decision to waive the red card for Morelos has opened the door for every other player to take a kick out at their opponent without fear of a red card. 

As football forms a pretty small part of my life I am not consumed by fake anger, whatever that is.

5 hours ago, redjambo said:

If there is any reaction by the SFA against Jack then it will be seen in the Rangers camp as yet another example of institutional bias against them - it will help bind the hordes together

Surely their natural slimy secretions already do this?

2 minutes ago, Bez said:

Surely their natural slimy secretions already do this?

Indeed. But those bonds can get slightly weakened by over-exposure to reality, so need to be regularly strengthened with an infusion of artificial slime.

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

And you win the prize every time. Totally 100% biased in favour of your big team, if it wasn't  so funny it would be really sad

One of my pals who is a Sevco fan told me its £105 for 3 home game package in the Europa League. They will be raking it in. 

5 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

One of my pals who is a Sevco fan told me its £105 for 3 home game package in the Europa League. They will be raking it in. 

Certainly be keeping the wolf away from the door. - in the short term

37 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He's just defending what's right dammit, a solitary soul fighting the forces of evil. 

1536077419599.thumb.png.839f2c54cd9a5c8588f2d47ec49426fe.png

Clayton Moore has the ring of a lodge member to it.

18 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Saw on twitter people complaining as they’ve had season ticket instalments come out on Friday then those with an automatic payment set have had the Euro games charged to their accounts.

One suggested they’d be consuming only cuppa soups till next payday.

according to Phil mac ( funny name ) they have increased the billion pound strikers wages to 30k per week and the 38 year old centre half that signed this week is on 15k a week which adds 1.68 million pounds to the yearly wage bill they are burning cash faster than it is coming in.

20 hours ago, Smithee said:

He's just defending what's right dammit, a solitary soul fighting the forces of evil. 

1536077419599.thumb.png.839f2c54cd9a5c8588f2d47ec49426fe.png

he wasn't a lone anything, tonto saved his ass in almost every episode

19 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Clayton Moore has the ring of a lodge member to it.

How many lodge member's rings have you inspected?  I wonder if Jay Silverheels's ring is lodge compliant too ?

Forever Hearts
20 hours ago, tntjambo said:

according to Phil mac ( funny name ) they have increased the billion pound strikers wages to 30k per week and the 38 year old centre half that signed this week is on 15k a week which adds 1.68 million pounds to the yearly wage bill they are burning cash faster than it is coming in.

Hearts fans believing the ramblings of a deranged lunatic. ?

21 hours ago, tntjambo said:

Ffs why does anyone believe that tossers deluded ramblings?

Does he have a hotline directly to the wages department at castle greyskull, I suspect not.

2 hours ago, reaths17 said:

he wasn't a lone anything, tonto saved his ass in almost every episode

Good old Kemo Sabe. I think he could only say half a dozen words in English 

22 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

Highest Europa league prices of all UK clubs.  just to see their team get pumped every week. Glorious. 

Phil Mac Gillygoon lost any remaining credibility a while back when he went verifiable and predicted two Sevco board resignations. Didnae happen and we're still waiting.

His Sevco obsession looks increasingly pathological. I hope they go bust in a very messy way but I wouldn't trust Phil Mac Haudthebus if he telt me how to spell 'Donegal'.

3 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Ffs why does anyone believe that tossers deluded ramblings?

Does he have a hotline directly to the wages department at castle greyskull, I suspect not.

It was in the papers it was a 30k a week deal Morelos was getting if they made the Europa League. Someone posted a link on here or twatter to it

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, sadj said:

It was in the papers it was a 30k a week deal Morelos was getting if they made the Europa League. Someone posted a link on here or twatter to it

Must be true then if it was in the papers. 

34 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Must be true then if it was in the papers. 

Dont be a smartass , I’m just saying thats where the poster will have got it from , the media. That was more likely the figures Traynor put out there if anything was said in relation to it. He’s certainly on a high wage , hes doing well but if he’s even close to that he’d surely be around the highest paid player in the league and that to me sums up The Rangers.

Footballfirst

A couple of CoS Hearings for next Tuesday:

LADY WOLFFE – E Hunter, Clerk

Tuesday 11th September

By Order at 9.00am

P341/17 Pet: The Panel on Takeovers and Mergers for orders sec 955 – Dentons UK – Lindsays

This hearing is at the order of the court, so I would assume that Lady Wolffe will be seeking confirmation that the actions she requested at the previous hearing have been carried out. IIRC that included making submissions to the Lord Advocate on competency. A one day debate on the competency motion is still scheduled for 3 October as far as I know.

Proof Before Answer

CA31/17 The Football Company (Scotland) Ltd v Glasgow City Council – MacRoberts LLP – Glasgow City Council (Corporate Services)

This hearing is the one about the "riotous assembly" that followed the conclusion of the 2016 Hibs v Rangers cup final, at which electronic advertising hoardings were damaged.

As it is a "proof before answer", then we should hear both sides presenting their cases to Lady Wolffe, before she makes her "answer" (judgement/decision), probably at a later date.

Shanks said no
13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

A couple of CoS Hearings for next Tuesday:

LADY WOLFFE – E Hunter, Clerk

Tuesday 11th September

By Order at 9.00am

P341/17 Pet: The Panel on Takeovers and Mergers for orders sec 955 – Dentons UK – Lindsays

This hearing is at the order of the court, so I would assume that Lady Wolffe will be seeking confirmation that the actions she requested at the previous hearing have been carried out. IIRC that included making submissions to the Lord Advocate on competency. A one day debate on the competency motion is still scheduled for 3 October as far as I know.

Proof Before Answer

CA31/17 The Football Company (Scotland) Ltd v Glasgow City Council – MacRoberts LLP – Glasgow City Council (Corporate Services)

This hearing is the one about the "riotous assembly" that followed the conclusion of the 2016 Hibs v Rangers cup final, at which electronic advertising hoardings were damaged.

As it is a "proof before answer", then we should hear both sides presenting their cases to Lady Wolffe, before she makes her "answer" (judgement/decision), probably at a later date.

The Football Company Ltd are indeed the LED firm that a number of clubs etc in Scotland use

http://www.thefootballcompany.tv/

11 minutes ago, Wilson said:

kenny wittmann's company i think (massive jambo :)...)

Correct, and ex commercial manager of Hearts.

2 hours ago, Wilson said:

kenny wittmann's company i think (massive jambo :)...)

The Manor Hearts SC???

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, The Gasman said:

Glasgow Hearts SC

Their premises are on 

Eaglesham Road
East Kilbride 

23 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Their premises are on 

Eaglesham Road
East Kilbride 

Right across the road from Hairmyres hospital. 

A judge has ruled that a court hearing should take place to decide whether Police Scotland and prosecutors breached the legal rights of a former Rangers administrator.

David Whitehouse and his colleague Paul Clark are suing Phil Gormley the former chief constable and James Wolffe QC the Lord Advocate for £9 million. 

The two men who worked for Duff & Phelps a financial services firm faced criminal proceedings after the takeover of Rangers by Craig Whyte in 2011. In 2014 Mr Whitehouse and Mr Clark were detained by police. They were held overnight the following year but charges against the pair were later dismissed.

Lord Malcolm ruled that although the Lord Advocate has immunity from being sued in a civil court, a hearing should take place into claims that Mr Whitehouse's human rights were breached by prosecutors when he was arrested. 

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

A judge has ruled that a court hearing should take place to decide whether Police Scotland and prosecutors breached the legal rights of a former Rangers administrator.

David Whitehouse and his colleague Paul Clark are suing Phil Gormley the former chief constable and James Wolffe QC the Lord Advocate for £9 million. 

The two men who worked for Duff & Phelps a financial services firm faced criminal proceedings after the takeover of Rangers by Craig Whyte in 2011. In 2014 Mr Whitehouse and Mr Clark were detained by police. They were held overnight the following year but charges against the pair were later dismissed.

Lord Malcolm ruled that although the Lord Advocate has immunity from being sued in a civil court, a hearing should take place into claims that Mr Whitehouse's human rights were breached by prosecutors when he was arrested. 

The full judgement extends to 107 pages, but the first 31 (numbered) paragraphs provide a good background to the case and should be easy enough to follow for anyone with a modicum of knowledge about the administration and the subsequent criminal case. The rest of the document is pretty heavy going with lots of references to legal precedents.

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/docs/default-source/cos-general-docs/pdf-docs-for-opinions/2018scoh93.pdf?sfvrsn=2

The outcome was that the Lord Advocate has absolute immunity against civil claims. However the case can be continued from a Human Rights angle under Article 5 (unlawful detention) and Article 8 (right to a private life). The Article 8 provisions extend to the right to work and reputational damage.

The case should now proceed to a "proof" (a "trial" of the evidence in civil courts) in which both sides will submit their evidence / witnesses and the sitting judge will provide an "answer" (judgement/decision/ruling), probably some time later.

The biggest element of the claim is that the police investigation (led by DCI Robertson) was wholly incompetent and the charges against Whitehouse and Clark were made out of malice and were without probable cause.

I've attended a couple of earlier hearings and if the claims by Whitehouse and Clark are even remotely justified, then there are huge questions over the conduct of the Police and the Crown agencies.

Edited by Footballfirst

Forever Hearts
15 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The full judgement extends to 107 pages, but the first 31 (numbered) paragraphs provide a good background to the case and should be easy enough to follow for anyone with a modicum of knowledge about the administration and the subsequent criminal case. The rest of the document is pretty heavy going with lots of references to legal precedents.

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/docs/default-source/cos-general-docs/pdf-docs-for-opinions/2018scoh93.pdf?sfvrsn=2

The outcome was that the Lord Advocate has absolute immunity against civil claims. However the case can be continued from a Human Rights angle under Article 5 (unlawful detention) and Article 8 (right to a private life). The Article 8 provisions extend to the right to work and reputational damage.

The case should now proceed to a "proof" (a "trial" of the evidence in civil courts) in which both sides will submit their evidence / witnesses and the sitting judge will provide an "answer" (judgement/decision/ruling), probably some time later.

The biggest element of the claim is that the police investigation (led by DCI Robertson) was wholly incompetent and the charges against Whitehouse and Clark were made out of malice and were without probable cause.

I've attended a couple of earlier hearings and if the claims by Whitehouse and Clark are even remotely justified, then there are huge questions over the conduct of the Police and the Crown agencies.

Do you genuinely go to court hearings concerning another football club? ?

58 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Perhaps like many here he is a smart and concerned citizen. If you prefer stupid go to Bears Den. It's their club and they still couldn't care less about the legal niceties.

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Do you think he might be pretending?

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Perhaps like many here he is a smart and concerned citizen. If you prefer stupid go to Bears Den. It's their club and they still couldn't care less about the legal niceties.

I'll leave Bears Den if it's all the same to you. I just find it really strange that a Hearts fan would take the time out of their day to go and listen to a court hearing about another football club. Obsessive doesn't even begin to cover it.

Whitehouse and Clark have a case.

This 'incident' may have been the crucial incident in the whole case with Police procedural errors rendering the major evidence of (potential) wrongdoing inadmissible. And we went from several defendants to just Craig Whyte. Which didn't go well and might effectively have been the prosecution trying to save face. 

11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'll leave Bears Den if it's all the same to you. I just find it really strange that a Hearts fan would take the time out of their day to go and listen to a court hearing about another football club. Obsessive doesn't even begin to cover it.

So what's your agenda then? I assume you're a supporter from another club, although I can't quite figure out which. I suppose it will all come out over time.

The way Rangers cheated Scottish football for many years is a matter of concern not only for Rangers supporters (although they couldn't be arsed about it) but also for the rest of Scottish football. It's only natural that we should all take an interest in the activities that resulted in the rest of our clubs being cheated out of trophies and European spots.

Or so any right-minded Scottish football supporter would think anyway.

Toxteth O'Grady
13 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Years and years of cheating while we paid good money to watch our team attempting to compete and keep up by spending beyond our means. You might not care if they suffer the consequences but some of us do.

Forever Hearts
30 minutes ago, redjambo said:

So what's your agenda then? I assume you're a supporter from another club, although I can't quite figure out which. I suppose it will all come out over time.

The way Rangers cheated Scottish football for many years is a matter of concern not only for Rangers supporters (although they couldn't be arsed about it) but also for the rest of Scottish football. It's only natural that we should all take an interest in the activities that resulted in the rest of our clubs being cheated out of trophies and European spots.

Or so any right-minded Scottish football supporter would think anyway.

Ah, the old "you canny be a Hearts fan unless you obsess over Sevco 24/7".

Change the record. 

• Maple Leaf locked this topic